Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

As liverach said, Kavi has a very particular charm...I'm afraid it doesn't fit into the conventional and typical Bollywood definitions of a hero to make even YRF give him a solo, main lead break. The big screen only supports either hunky and rugged looking guys who send people flying into the air or out-and-out chocolate boys...Kavi doesn't fit into any one of those brackets, so I don't think he seems big enough a money draw to invest in. On TV, you can create something off-beat and get a niche audience for it...and even that doesn't survive long in the kind of system that prevails...toh Bollywood ka kya kehna. The closest comparison I can make is of Ayushman, but that guy has a huge reach among the youth so there's a crucial reason for even John Abraham to invest in him. Though it's highly doubted thanks to what this movie is looking like, Kavi might make a mark at least individually and get noticed enough to land himself further offers...let's see!

if thats the criteria Abhay and emraan dont fit into this but they still get movie .Emraan is not a conventional hero he might be rugged for some movies he has a strong following well that has to do a lot with other factors but then thats the point Emraan has something else that ticks with the audience same goes for Abhay then whats the parameter .honestly i feel there is no such parameters .Audience's tastes are highly unpredictable .u give them a good subject woven with strong screenplay taut script and good performance they will like it 

I guess even Kavi can bag a solo break since he is unconventional he can act in an unconventional film and if that has a commercial viability the movie can do good business  
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Even I watched that scene 4-5 times. πŸ˜†

I wish YRF would offer Rishab Seth a movie. His writing/directing in Rishta.Com was very good. They keep offering Devika Bhagat (writer of Mahi Way) movies and she's totally mehh. Rishab is a much better writer.

Yeah, unfortunately I can't really imagine Kavi as a leading commercial, typical hero in films. And I think YRF won't be making more TV shows so seeing Kavi there is unlikely also. I don't think the YRF shows feature in Sony's lineup anyways now that Sony's doing well on the TRP charts and they wouldn't want to mess with it too much. And I can't imagine Kavi in our run of the mill soaps with lame stories either. So the only way I would get to see him is films essentially..I'm gonna hope he delivers and gets noticed.
Edited by chocolover89 - 11 years ago
Hima  u r talking about a scene,I've seen the whole series 6 x at least
and m not embarrassed about it at allπŸ˜ƒ
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: HakunaMatata_94

if thats the criteria Abhay and emraan dont fit into this but they still get movie .Emraan is not a conventional hero he might be rugged for some movies he has a strong following well that has to do a lot with other factors but then thats the point Emraan has something else that ticks with the audience same goes for Abhay then whats the parameter .honestly i feel there is no such parameters .Audience's tastes are highly unpredictable .u give them a good subject woven with strong screenplay taut script and good performance they will like it 

I guess even Kavi can bag a solo break since he is unconventional he can act in an unconventional film and if that has a commercial viability the movie can do good business  

Both Abhay and Emraan had strong connections in BW which sustained them in their early days.
gilmores thumbnail
^Ritsie, I am talking about Kavi's role in Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge. I've seen it multiple times just to catch a glimpse of him. πŸ˜† The whole R.Com series toh I've seen manyy times. It's my go-to show when I am bored/down and need to remind myself that there is hope for desi TV.  
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

That's what he's trying for with this Main aur Mr. Right movie, I guess. And you gotta start somewhere...as HakunaMatata said, a Rishta.com movie would have been fantastic and they could have made it in a very small budget too, but it wasn't even thought of as profitable enough to continue on TV...it's a real pity that YRF gave up there...they could have possibly brought about a gradual change in the taste of TV audiences with time, however hard that is...and at the same time, so many talented artists could have been given material and shows worthy of their potentials to be fully utilized rather than wasted.

Sushant Singh Rajput, Barun Sobti, Kavi Shastri...all going to Bollywood, and the one actor who could overshadow them all combined is MIA in similar efforts πŸ˜† How ironic.

@Blue: Dunno for how long I have to keep my signature below. 😭

As far as Kavi is concerned I was SHOCKED to see him doing bit parts in some movies. As for Main aur Mr Right I hope they have a studio like Viacom or UTV to support them. Otherwise I am afraid the film will not even get a proper release.
Originally posted by: chocolover89

^Ritsie, I am talking about Kavi's role in Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge. I've seen it multiple times just to catch a glimpse of him. πŸ˜† The whole R.Com series toh I've seen manyy times. It's my go-to show when I am bored/down and need to remind myself that there is hope for desi TV.  

He was in Kismat too,but I didnt like his role that much.Kismat is one of my fav show nevertheless cos of Viraf Patel.❀️
Ohh the HOT ,SAUVE,CHARMING  YRF boys(Kavi,Viraf,Siddhanth,Hasan Zaidi,Rahul Bagga,Pankaj Tripathi).❀️ πŸ˜
mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

That's what he's trying for with this Main aur Mr. Right movie, I guess. And you gotta start somewhere...as HakunaMatata said, a Rishta.com movie would have been fantastic and they could have made it in a very small budget too, but it wasn't even thought of as profitable enough to continue on TV...it's a real pity that YRF gave up there...they could have possibly brought about a gradual change in the taste of TV audiences with time, however hard that is...and at the same time, so many talented artists could have been given material and shows worthy of their potentials to be fully utilized rather than wasted.

Sushant Singh Rajput, Barun Sobti, Kavi Shastri...all going to Bollywood, and the one actor who could overshadow them all combined is MIA in similar efforts πŸ˜† How ironic.

Who is that?
gilmores thumbnail
Originally posted by: Lemony

He was in Kismat too,but I didnt like his role that much.Kismat is one of my fav show nevertheless cos of Viraf Patel.❀️
Ohh the HOT ,SAUVE,CHARMING  YRF boys(Kavi,Viraf,Siddhanth,Hasan Zaidi,Rahul Bagga,Pankaj Tripathi).❀️ πŸ˜

Yeah he was..but he didn't have a good role there agree. πŸ˜• 

YRF always has good looking, suave, and charming guys. Seaking about Viraf btw, wherever has he gone? πŸ˜•

kabeeraspeaking and ksh, are you guys talking about Mishal Raheja? I am assuming him because of ksh's avi πŸ˜†  Sushant's BW debut sounds/looks the best as of now.

mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: chocolover89

Yeah he was..but he didn't have a good role there agree. πŸ˜• 

YRF always has good looking, suave, and charming guys. Seaking about Viraf btw, wherever has he gone? πŸ˜•

kabeeraspeaking and ksh, are you guys talking about Mishal Raheja? I am assuming him because of ksh's avi πŸ˜†  Sushant's BW debut sounds/looks the best as of now.

Ohhh! Oh my god, I like him too! He's a great actor.

Yeah. Where has he gone? I heard he was making a BW debut too.