Why I am loving BALH right now!

mem1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
First of all, I have to say that I have not seen any other serial at all! unless you count those ancient serials on DD. So I do not know what to expect most of the time, and when they show the woman as JKR I am not thinking "There they go again". I am cheering for the woman from the front row!
When they show Ram as a Maa-ka-ghulam or jhoru-ka-ghulam, again, I am not thinking "there they go again" I am actually attributing it to the making of drama. Cause honestly, if both show total smartness all the time, and communicate well and act like real life spouses, then there won't be any drama. Come to our house if you don't believe me...it is pretty boring around here on any average day!

So while I can sympathize with you all over your dashed  hopes, I am actually enjoying the show. I loved the romantic episodes, but now that we have seen it all, I am ready for some drama. 

I do complain , like the rest of IF, and here's what bugs me;

I like them showing Priya as a strong lady. That is the only kind I like. But I wish they would also show Ram as strong occasionally.
 Like in the beginning: 
Engagement - Priya scored
Wedding - Ram scored
 Haar issue - Priya scored.
Ashwin issue - Ram scored
Karvachauth - Flight disaster - Priya scored
Karvachauth Fake Jewelry fiasco - ram scored.

If they keep it that way, I would have loved it, and I am sure you agree with that. That is what got messed up recently. And while I understand that Priya has to keep the secret, she has to leave and she has to yell to make it believable. I feel Ram could have been shown to be doing some thinking or taking some action. 

As for Priya going to her papa, she goes to him, but he does give good advice . she does not blindly go just because he is her papa. agar aisa hota, then she would have listened to her mom too, but she never does. And the one time she did, with Ashwin, she regretted later and even said so.But Ram has so much proof of the bad advice Niharika gives, Yet he goes to her all the time. He saw how she treated him during the weddings, He saw her asking him to take more pills, and being mad at Priya for making him stop. Yet, he does not realize about his step-mom , what Priya realized about her own biological mother.

I have to say I was dissapointed about one thing:
Priya should not have talked bad about Nuts. I expected she would try to patch up the differences.

I actually loved today's episode, truly enjoyed the heated discussion on IF about Ram's behavior, and am looking forward to tomorrow. Forgive me guys. I am sorry I am not an experienced BT viewer! And when I argue, it is more for fun! SO CHILL!

Edited by mem1 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pisces12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
res

Nice post Mem1. I liked the unbiased treatment and analysis.

First of all, I have to say that I have not seen any other serial at all! unless you count those ancient serials on DD. So I do not know what to expect most of the time, and when they show the woman as JKR I am not thinking "There they go again". I am cheering for the woman from the front row!
When they show Ram as a Maa-ka-ghulam or jhoru-ka-ghulam, again, I am not thinking "there they go again" I am actually attributing it to the making of drama. Cause honestly, if both show total smartness all the time, and communicate well and act like real life spouses, then there won't be any drama. Come to our house if you don't believe me...it is pretty boring around here on any average day!

Agree with you fully. For me I do not watch this serial to watch how the female lead is superior to the male lead, but the story of Patrani sort of appealed to me. And when Sakshi portrays the character so well, it is indeed a treat  Also I do get the point that for her to become the patrani eventually and change Ram, Ram will have to be shown earlier with these characteristics so that we see a transition in the character later. Only thing is there is a disconnect when this man turns the world upside down for his sis and can't take any action when it concerns him. 

So while I can sympathize with you all over your dashed  hopes, I am actually enjoying the show. I loved the romantic episodes, but now that we have seen it all, I am ready for some drama. 
Sure too much of romance was getting boring and story had to move on and I think the story has moved forward to mark the historic separation.
I do complain , like the rest of IF, and here's what bugs me;

I like them showing Priya as a strong lady. That is the only kind I like. But I wish they would also show Ram as strong occasionally.
 Like in the beginning: 
Wedding - Ram scored

Yes there was a good balance of each one making their own mistakes and the other understanding and still supporting at those times.
If they keep it that way, I would have loved it, and I am sure you agree with that. That is what got messed up recently. And while I understand that Priya has to keep the secret, she has to leave and she has to yell to make it believable. I feel Ram could have been shown to be doing some thinking or taking some action. 

I too do not feel Priya has betrayed Ram by not revealing the truth. It would have been too early and would result in Niharika throwing her out of his life completely. 
Priya did regret uttering those words to Ram, did remember how he tried to stop her and his words that he will not be able to live without her during Ram's confession, when she was in the taxi. Those tears were definitely not fake. Also when she told Ram she has taken the decision to leave, there was a very nice change of tone. When she screamed today the pain she went through was evident. Sakshi is an excellent actor. Kudos to her.

As for Priya going to her papa, she goes to him, but he does give good advice . she does not blindly go just because he is her papa. agar aisa hota, then she would have listened to her mom too, but she never does. And the one time she did, with Ashwin, she regretted later and even said so.But Ram has so much proof of the bad advice Niharika gives, Yet he goes to her all the time. He saw how she treated him during the weddings, He saw her asking him to take more pills, and being mad at Priya for making him stop. Yet, he does not realize about his step-mom , what Priya realized about her own biological mother.

Priya's judgement of people has been good and she has proved it. Not that she did not commit mistakes. She admits her mistake in recognising Ashwin. Also she is completely aware of  her Mom's biased behaviour and does not trust her with advice. So true that Ram going to his Mom for advice and Priya consulting her Dad cannot be compared.

I have to say I was dissapointed about one thing:
Priya should not have talked bad about Nuts. I expected she would try to patch up the differences.
Priya was shown very disturbed. She was not in a position to reveal anything to anyone at that moment. I doubt if she has a plan ready at this moment but she had to take a decision as her 72 hours time limit was up. In order to stop her family from coercing her to go back and show that she is actually angry with Kapoors, she must have said that. Also if she said that without this thought process I will say she can err. She has every right to be upset with Natasha.

I actually loved today's episode, truly enjoyed the heated discussion on IF about Ram's behavior, and am looking forward to tomorrow. Forgive me guys. I am sorry I am not an experienced BT viewer! And when I argue, it is more for fun! SO CHILL!

True I have myself written about Ram today. I couldn't believe how much he was listening to Niharika but sure it was for the melodrama. Also I do think that he might not sit quiet about the press thing, he might go ahead and release some statement. 

I like seeing it as a drama. Nobody is perfect in this world and people can commit mistakes. But like other BT serials if they show n number of marriages and n no of children my head will go spinning and I will have to bid good bye. But right now I am trying to watch the twist and turns and see how the story is developing.
Edited by pisces12 - 12 years ago
--RaYa-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Coming to think of it whatever Priya said about Nuts is not a lie. It is indeed a bitter truth. She gets mental jhatkas occasionally, lies and has tried to commit suicide about twice already. She is psycho and that is what Priya told him but quite politely. 

mem1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ritigl

Coming to think of it whatever Priya said about Nuts is not a lie. It is indeed a bitter truth. She gets mental jhatkas occasionally, lies and has tried to commit suicide about twice already. She is psycho and that is what Priya told him but quite politely. 

Totally Agree.She did not lie. And I had no issue with her telling Ram all that. He needs to hear that his family is not perfect. I had a problem with Priya telling her parents about Nuts being at the meditation center. And saying "app tho jaanthe hai, woh kitni sarphiri hai"
Already Shipra and Ayesha are against Nuts. I was hoping Priya would try to patch things up, not make them worse. But again. This might change. She might be the one to patch things up, once Nuts is ready for the patchup! We will have to wait and see.

jakther7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
 Like in the beginning: 
Wedding - Ram scored
Great analysis,Geta di, totally agree with u  i also very disappointed with CVs what the wrong with them i can't see Ram as a dumb character, He has lot's of thing to do in this current track but why CVs Why u have show  him as one of weak character like Sudhir Sharma & Kartik ,please bring back our Old Ram, we want to see him as strong as Priya,  though yesterday episode was one of the best episode but i m really upset to see Ram's Character, specially on newspaper headlines issue, how can he would stop to  take action against Media ,it's really disgusting, i saw almost all the forum members said that Grown up Mr Kapoor, Ab tou Ma ma ka pallu chodiye but after seeing yesterday episode  i want to say same thing but not to Ram i want to say Gwoun Up CVs  Grown Up it is high time to Grown up, & please bring back our old Golu, it's a public demand.

Nutz Kidnapping Drama =Priya Scored
???????????????????=Ram scored(now it's time 4 Ram, please CVs do something)                                          
pink27 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good Post Mem1.

I also do think this is all for the drama.they have to further the story and make it interesting.

agree with most of your points--but was fine with what Priya said about Nutz

And this drama won't be bad in future as it seemed yesterday.
mem1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jakther

Like in the beginning: 
Wedding - Ram scored
Great analysis,Geta di, totally agree with u  i also very disappointed with CVs what the wrong with them i can't see Ram as a dumb character, He has lot's of thing to do in this current track but why CVs Why u have show  him as one of weak character like Sudhir Sharma & Kartik ,please bring back our Old Ram, we want to see him as strong as Priya,  though yesterday episode was one of the best episode but i m really upset to see Ram's Character, specially on newspaper headlines issue, how can he would stop to  take action against Media ,it's really disgusting, i saw almost all the forum members said that Grown up Mr Kapoor, Ab tou Ma ma ka pallu chodiye but after seeing yesterday episode  i want to say same thing but not to Ram i want to say Gwoun Up CVs  Grown Up it is high time to Grown up, & please bring back our old Golu, it's a public demand.

Nutz Kidnapping Drama =Priya Scored
???????????????????=Ram scored(now it's time 4 Ram, please CVs do something)                                          

Lakhi, I can see your frustration dear! but don't worry. In the past,they have always come up with a great solution for everything, so I am hopeful even now. I am also hoping that at least by thursday, Ram will call a press conference or something, and clear the newspaper issue. He has to. Did you see what the paper said? It said "Priya and her brother turned out to be thieves" 

jakther7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mem1

Lakhi, I can see your frustration dear! but don't worry. In the past,they have always come up with a great solution for everything, so I am hopeful even now. I am also hoping that at least by thursday, Ram will call a press conference or something, and clear the newspaper issue. He has to. Did you see what the paper said? It said "Priya and her brother turned out to be thieves" 

I hope so but, i really don't think so becoz of Niharika evil plan  she  u really think ? she won't stop him to do it , & she won't suggest him ?Ram  Beta abhi sahi waqt nahi hai, media se baat karne ki, tum sahi waqt ka intezar karo barna baat aur bhi bigar sakte hai., & after that, our Mamma's Boy Golu Kapoor actually Volu Kapoor, go to his room & think about his Paru. how sweet nah ?
bobozmum thumbnail
@ mem1...

Absolutely loved your post!  After a long time I have read a post that seems so unbiased-that it was truly a pleasure to read. That is not to say that others don't bring up valid points -they do. But some how I could relate to your analysis of the characters better.

And yes please send me your address I would love to visit a drama free 'boring' household for some R&R ;-))))
mem1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bobozmum

@ mem1...

Absolutely loved your post!  After a long time I have read a post that seems so unbiased-that it was truly a pleasure to read. That is not to say that others don't bring up valid points -they do. But some how I could relate to your analysis of the characters better.

And yes please send me your address I would love to visit a drama free 'boring' household for some R&R ;-))))

Haha  Bobozmum 😆... do you have hight pitch drama at your house all the time?

Thanks for the comment. It is all the arguing and debating that makes this forum fun anyway!