Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neenzoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: IndYa4u

Rockstar Indeed 👏👏

Both are equally stressed yet react different to same situation.  Ram is not able to think beyond his pain and his choti at this point. Again, i would love for CVs to stop him for a second and think about the entire situation. Not about Priya but current situation.

some will argue that he does not know the reality of his family so its justified but "I dont want you back" and calling father in law "tera baap" was totally out of line. Nothing justifies this behavior.

I totally empathize with Ram for worrying about his sister...but the high handed way he treated Priya...pushed her back and shouted so badly in front of others is really painting his character to be an uncouth  short tempered man...cant he see that his mother is more calm and collected than him...
We saw the same Ram for two months post the honeymoon...snappy and irritated...not able to understand his profile...
Neenzoo thumbnail

Originally posted by: LalitaLahiri

Bang on. However I'm still hoping that at some point they'll show Ram saying... that he knew everything and understood everything but due to some compulsion was forced to behave in this manner.  But you're right ... even a later portrayal of a strong Ram will not justify use of "tumhaare baap" type dialogues.

Strong word; but the only word that comes to my mind to describe Ram's behaviour now ...is "dumb". Irrespective of how much you love your family, there is a certain rationality in all of us ... inspite of Vik warning him so many times, inspite of the necklace issue, inspite of Sid goofing up on his going abroad to buy the company for Nutz, inspite of Natasha desperate to start her honeymoon and miss her brother's marriage, inspite of seeing the strong family values in the Sharma family, inspite of Niharika not accepting him as Nutz & Ishika's elder brother during their marriages...and the list can go on... inspite of so many things, Ram still not realising that there is something fishy with his souteli family... is not worthy of the character he's playing. Which is why, I'm still hoping Ekta will give a chance to Ram to redeem himself ... like in the Ashwin track. 

Another thing I didn't want to see... was the way Ram handled the police guys. Showing him as not understanding anything is weird in the first place... topping that with his foolish behaviour of using his money and power again (same way he made Priya and Sudhir sit for long hours in the police station in the beginning of the serial) and bragging about being The Ram Kapoor is totally unacceptable.

Priya's character is no doubt commendable, glorified more so, in comparison to her husband's behaviour and attitude.

Lalita...,Ram is in total denial...that is what is so suprising...is there more to this love? Is he being blackmailed by Niharika? Has he done something which he is ashamed of? Why is he so much in denial about everything done by this step family? so many unanswered questions...once we know that, we may be able to understand and empathize more with Ram Kapoor...
jakther7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: IndYa4u

HA HA HA HA 😆😆
Totally agree lekin kisi ko Chata mar ke sorry bol dena .. aisa thodi chalta hai?
Controlling your anger and what you are saying to your wife.. is something expected from Ram Kapoor yaar. His Anger justified.. word he chooses to show his anger.. not 😉

Kya ho rahe hai eha pe aj saab ne milke Ram ki Dhulai kar rahe ho  waise Ram ki PA ko ab taak pata nahi chala kya ? kaha hai Ram Ki PA ji
Edited by jakther - 12 years ago
pink27 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yeah. Priya is truly a rockstar. She is the one right now doing the right things and also maintaining a good balance between emotions and practicality-a true example of a strong person.The way she is handling herself is quite commendable .she in fact is under pressure from all sides—Kartik's arrest. Nihs blackmail, her father's illness, Ram's anger, her marriage .I always loved Priya's character. Now love her even more.Hats off lady!!!

With Ram's character, he seems to have gone back to early days of BALH—which as Lalita has rightly pointed out..

I do understand that its barely has been a day since Nutz has disappeared—right now he is engulfed with emotions and anger refusing to even listen to others' POV.so I do understand his behaviour..but in future I want Ram to calm down and rethink all the events in his mind and think bit rationally and not believe only what Niharika is showing him..He is supposed to be a shrewd person..I just hope he surprises us as he did in Ashwin's case..

Also what I am not liking about Ram is that—whenever the 'honhars' of his family are accused –he has the policy of 'Innocent until proven guilty' and with the likes of Kartik it is 'Guilty until proven innocent.'

Hope when his anger subsides he thinks of other possibilities also…like Priya did—she was initially angry with Kartik, only believed him when her parents endorsed that he was innocent. Also did not jump to an instant conclusion that Nuts would be outright guilty of staging DV—even gave her the benefit of doubt sensing that something could be missing…also rethinks and reconsiders her stand again.

Why Ram  loves and adores Niharika and her brood till such an extent that he cannot even think or imagine that  they can ever do wrong even if rest of the world seem to be saying so is beyond my understanding—I really want CVs to give a strong reason for the same that would suit a character like Ram.

Ram's character so far has been very endearing and lovely—and also has come with smart solutions which has left me surprised.This time around I don't want to see Ram just as an fuming angry Bull-but a smart thinking businessmen—want him to use his smartness in future days to come.

--RaYa-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pink27

Yeah. Priya is truly a rockstar. She is the one right now doing the right things and also maintaining a good balance between emotions and practicality-a true example of a strong person.The way she is handling herself is quite commendable .she in fact is under pressure from all sides'Kartik's arrest. Nihs blackmail, her father's illness, Ram's anger, her marriage .I always loved Priya's character. Now love her even more.Hats off lady!!!

With Ram's character, he seems to have gone back to early days of BALH'which as Lalita has rightly pointed out..

I do understand that its barely has been a day since Nutz has disappeared'right now he is engulfed with emotions and anger refusing to even listen to others' POV.so I do understand his behaviour..but in future I want Ram to calm down and rethink all the events in his mind and think bit rationally and not believe only what Niharika is showing him..He is supposed to be a shrewd person..I just hope he surprises us as he did in Ashwin's case..

Also what I am not liking about Ram is that'whenever the 'honhars' of his family are accused 'he has the policy of 'Innocent until proven guilty' and with the likes of Kartik it is 'Guilty until proven innocent.'

Hope when his anger subsides he thinks of other possibilities also'like Priya did'she was initially angry with Kartik, only believed him when her parents endorsed that he was innocent. Also did not jump to an instant conclusion that Nuts would be outright guilty of staging DV'even gave her the benefit of doubt sensing that something could be missing'also rethinks and reconsiders her stand again.

Why Ram  loves and adores Niharika and her brood till such an extent that he cannot even think or imagine that  they can ever do wrong even if rest of the world seem to be saying so is beyond my understanding'I really want CVs to give a strong reason for the same that would suit a character like Ram.

Ram's character so far has been very endearing and lovely'and also has come with smart solutions which has left me surprised.This time around I don't want to see Ram just as an fuming angry Bull-but a smart thinking businessmen'want him to use his smartness in future days to come.

Well said. 
Sid was called innocent when Priya accused him of using her sister. He needed proof then. Now with Kartik and kidnapping he is simply coming to a conclusion without any proof. Quite contradictory. 
LalitaLahiri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mem1

Exactly my sentiments , Neenzoo .  Priya has shown consistently that she is a mature woman who thinks straight. Even in such stressful situations, she is behaving so sensibly. She is in the middle of such a big mess, her brother is in Jail, her father is sick, her husband is mad at her and her MIL is threatening her with divorce. Any woman would have caved under this pressure. So I really love the portrayal or Priya.
And I agree about Ram too. I so wish they have a good reason for him being so dense.
In the first episode, he was shown cleaning the glass during the presentation, and seemingly not paying attention,. but when asked , knew exactly what was in each slide, and knew all the reasons why he didn't want to buy that company. Someone that shrewd and smart should have dealt with the situation in a little better way.
First of all, in 6 months he has seen how 'influential' Kartik is. How can he think that Kartik can pull off an elaborate Kidnapping?

Anyway, i also think he was rude, but then, he was always rude. whenever they fought, Priya never said anything demeaning, but Ram always said things like "Hak jamaana chahti ho", "Kya samajhti ho apne aap ko"

Oh well, didn't mean to start off on Ram. I love the way Priya is handling this situation and at least we will have some super good apologizing  from Ram, when this is all out in the open!

Gita, yes 100% right... I didn't think of it from this angle...what I've marked in red above. I was thinking that why doesn't Ram sit down and analyse and realise that Kartik can have no reason whatsoever for kidnapping his own wife ... but you're right...he knows the capabilities of Sharma family...how can he think they could pull off something like this?

And yes, in blue above, the rudeness is getting beyond tolerable limits. It was the same in the post Oz incidents also...but Ram made up for those by his sweet considerate Golu behaviour during the BC scare. I loved Ram that time. The way he took care of all her wishes, even before that the way he stood up for her in front of Niharika for a short while when they came back from the doctor after his heart attack scare. I hope the CVs have something strong enough up their sleeves to justify this beahviour.

Hoping Happy Days are back again soon :-)
LalitaLahiri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ritigl

Well said. 
Sid was called innocent when Priya accused him of using her sister. He needed proof then. Now with Kartik and kidnapping he is simply coming to a conclusion without any proof. Quite contradictory. 

Actually, I was going to write on this but then I thought...maybe only this line is justified to a certain extent... people will do that with their OWN family... and inspite of Ram doing a lot for the Sharmas, his own (step) family is dearer to him than the Sharmas.

What is amazing is his inability to understand the problems and shortcomings and very obvious blunders etc by his own family. But this line... maybe Ram should get benefit of doubt :-)
Edited by LalitaLahiri - 12 years ago
chitloner thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Regarding comparision of Sid and Karthik's genuineness, in the beginning when Priya, Neha and Natasha told him about Sid's behaviour he believed in hemand he cross checked only when he was told so by Niharika. He believed in Niharika. Here Priya is saying to cross check with Natasha. But initially Natasha was against Karthik and now she is not present. So cross checking cannot be possible. Even if she was available, until she confesses herself he would not believe Karthik. But there must be logical action by the Police Department about checking the hospital CC TVs and the visitors' list. That would make it atleast believable. Donno why they are doing this to both one after another. 
boondein thumbnail
Totally! She handled everything so well. Hats off to her.
mem1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: LalitaLahiri

Gita, yes 100% right... I didn't think of it from this angle...what I've marked in red above. I was thinking that why doesn't Ram sit down and analyse and realise that Kartik can have no reason whatsoever for kidnapping his own wife ... but you're right...he knows the capabilities of Sharma family...how can he think they could pull off something like this?

And yes, in blue above, the rudeness is getting beyond tolerable limits. It was the same in the post Oz incidents also...but Ram made up for those by his sweet considerate Golu behaviour during the BC scare. I loved Ram that time. The way he took care of all her wishes, even before that the way he stood up for her in front of Niharika for a short while when they came back from the doctor after his heart attack scare. I hope the CVs have something strong enough up their sleeves to justify this beahviour.

Hoping Happy Days are back again soon :-)

Lalita, You are right .Ram is always shown as a very short tempered man , who has a heart of gold. And we all love him for that. Just wish they would also stick with the "extremely smart , shrewd businessman " image which they showed a couple of times and then conveniently forgot!
At the rate at which the story is moving, I am sure happy days will be back very soon! :)