~ArHi FF: The trodden paths~ ch4 pg69 NEW--13/7))

Addie07 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

The trodden paths...

Prologue

"They say you never know what you have until you lose it, and once you lose it, you can never get it back."

She sat back and closed her eyes... letting the memories wash over her... An image drifted up to her, an image of her former self.. she remembered tapping her feet and swaying her hips methodically as she danced on the tunes of 'ek do teen', she remembered running  around the house being chased by her buaji innumerable times, the sounds of her mischievous laughter echoing in her mind.. She remembered tripping innumerable times only to land in his arms...

Khushi blinked back tears and looked at the sky. It was cloudy but she could still see the two stars shining at a distance. She frowned in concentration as she tried hard to find the third star... where was he? Finally she saw the star shining faintly in the cloudy sky at a distance from the other two stars that were her parents... she heaved a sigh of relief...

A tiny pair of arms gripped her breaking her train of thought. She felt her heart beat with fierce affection as she brought the soft hand to her lips.

"I love you mamma." The childish voice said...

She sighed the sigh of a person who had grown up a lot faster in a short space of time.. who had seen too much, felt too much.. lost too much... Now life had brought her to such crossroads, where she had to choose whether to let go and stay forever on memories or whether to hold on and walk on the trodden path again...

"They say you never know what you have until you lose it, but that is not true...You always know what you have, you just don't think you will ever lose it.."

He watched them from a distance and felt his heart twist with a familiar regret... they reminded him of what he had.. what he had lost... If only he could turn back time and wipe out all the mistakes, he would give everything he owned to do just that... but here he was looking at his life.., drinking in her memory, imprinting the image in his mind.. he was destined to love from a distance... he had lost her.. he had lost everything...

But who were they to walk away when they were bound by destiny... it was  fate that brought them together  in the first place, fate that separated them... and fate that brought them together... again

"They say losing in life and regaining what you have lost makes you the most confident person.. because you are no more afraid to lose.. as you now know your ability to regain.."

Chapter One

ChapteTwo

ChapteThree

Chapter Four

Edited by Lyraa99 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Addie07 thumbnail

AUTHORS NOTE

For all my favorite writers ,,,,munchy,  nayika, zara, reyabear, harshu and many more (basically everyone whose FFs I don't comment these days)..I dunno if u have noticed but I haven't been reading ur works lately though m dying to do so.. that's cz of exams and I promise to catch up on each one of them after exams n I'll leave a long comment to make up for it... lol'

Ok you guys must be wondering what Lyraa is doing starting a new FF when the others r on a hold till may' Well actually this is my way of venting out my frustration of exams' 

When I first wrote 'behind that smile'.. I typed and went on typing letting my thoughts flow and posted it without proof reading.. I didn't expect likes or comments'then with every update expectations increased.. I read, reread.. edited and edited again..I got more buddies and more likes more comments... but I missed writing the way I had written the initial chapters of BTS.. So I decided to write an FF.. just type away whatever comes to my mind and post it like a new writer,, This will not be the usual Lyraa standards you have come to expect cz i have taken as much time for this update as much it takes me to type (that is hardly 5 minutes) and haven't spend a minute more to think or proof read...

For all those who want pms "don't buddy me.." cz I dunno if I'll pm anyone.. (I might.. cz I installed easy check which makes pming easier. But I'll do that only If I get time..)

I will not be adding this to my index (Lyraa's starry constellation..) cz I have not put in much effort here...

Comment and like if u want.. no compulsion...  (m writing for my pleasure and will continue even if I don't get likes.. so I don't want anyone reading out of obligation... )

Edited by Lyraa99 - 12 years ago
SaNaYa_4EvEr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
sounds very interesting!!

can't wait to see how it turns out πŸ˜Š love how your stories focus on what happens after Arnav finds out the truth...❀️
akhilash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the pm.

Waiting for the next installment to take in ASR's perspective/ POV.
-JollyJabeen- thumbnail
Wow, I like it! πŸ˜ƒ

It seems different and interesting, Can't wait to read more! πŸ˜³

I wonder what happened to Khushi : (
..Anita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Holy Cow!!!
this was just wow
Jyo. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
WHAT IS THIS? 😳 you need to update this thing ASAP! u hear me? it's left me wanting to read more! updateee soon :P in love with this thing already <3
Electric_BuBBle thumbnail
This seems very interesting, Lyraa!
Jasleen thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow interesting story Lyraa! Your work is always a pleasure to read, I love the way you integrate quotes into your writing. Can't wait to read more!!!
dumas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
loved the start can't wait to read more thanks for the pm