khusam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Loved it wow
awesum story pm me wen u updt
NinaArief thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
after re-reading teh whole thing im thinking it would be soo cool if manvi gets to know the truth and rahul get trolled royally.. 
aysha1989 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
So Malvika knows Rahul... Mmm.. that's interesting..
Continue soon and Thanks for the pm 😊
sizzysehrish thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
read your whole ff in a go and its preettty intersting
continue soon !!!!
shehroon_riaz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Loved it :)
When you continue, do PM me :)
Will be waiting..

Akay1692 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Elena.. loved it! :D 
please please update it soon.. its one of my favorite ff's!
the suspense is killing me! :D

ps: HAMSAFAR is one of the most soothing ff i have ever read! you know..like sloww n steady but still getting on your nerves! <3  
ElenaElenor thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 6

Hellooo! πŸ˜ƒ

Humsafar FF blog- Due to the feedback getting less and people demanding updates who have never commented ever. I am now going to pm only the people who have provide feedback. I am going to pm 40 people from the 130 pm list. My blog updates will be available to those people.You don't need to reply on IF as well as the blog, just one would be fine if you want to comment on both then go ahead.  If you haven't received the next blog update then I am sorry but Pm-ing a number of people who hardly comment sounds like a lot of effort. Hope you can understand.😊

Coming to 'A Time of my life. Don't worry, I will be pm-ing everyone on this. So my mind went to an overdrive freeze for the next chapter and I know I took too long to write the next chapter and this is why a looong update as compensation. Few questions are answered, few more questions! Yes, I know I am hated! πŸ˜†Let me know what you think.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''What happens in the past is in the past. But don't be surprised if it comes back and haunts you. There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page and closing the book...''

Chapter 18

'Are you friends with Rahul?' asked a bewildered figure in front of them who had been anything but happy moments before. Her eyes were creased in confusion and anger; burning closely to his brothers. She seemed almost like a stranger; anything but welcoming.

'Yes', Maanvi stated acknowledging the blank expression on her face. 'Do you know him?' Maanvi asked as she looked at Virat who looked ahead in Malvika's direction. 'They use to date', Virat replied in her behalf as she still looked confused and then the words sunk in. Rahul and Malvika used to date. Maanvi looked up to see Virat again and he read her questioning eyes and answered her next question that she hadn't voiced. 'School', he added.

'Why are you friends with Rahul?' came the accusation. If her eyes didn't seem moist, she was pretty sure her tone would be labeled as demanding or a warning. There were few things in life she would be mute for, when people questioned her about her parents or her life. 'Why haven't you told her about Rahul?' Malvika snapped at Virat who snaked his arms around Maanvi.

'I tried to she wouldn't believe me that's why, I bought her here to meet you', he answered as Maanvi's eyes snapped up to meet his gaze. 'You would get your answers tonight'. He had promised and here she was demanding them at dinner. He probably wanted to wait till his sister got used to the surroundings and had dinner. 

'Maanvi, I don't think it's a good idea! Having Rahul as a friend', warned Malvika as she came to stand before them before they heard a annoying high pitched voice sounding like a 'welcome'. Their eyes darted to the entrance of the house; to see their Bua with crisp pastel saree smiling brightly; well smiling brightly until Malvika shuffled in nervousness to reveal Maanvi.

'Hello Maanvi, nice to see you here', the proud woman smiled politely; hinting she was anything but happy from this encounter. Maanvi smiled before she felt Virat stiffen besides her.

'Hey Bua, I didn't think you would come', Malvika stated; voicing that she thought she was not going to be arriving until tomorrow. Her eyes darted back to Maanvi and then Virat; hinting that it was up to him to tell her.

'I thought I would surprise my darling niece. The last meeting was a formality', she chimed with annoyance earning a snort from Virat; something she chose to ignore. Swamini put her designer handbag on the sofa chair before she ordered the butler for a glass of water.

'I am dropping Maanvi home', Virat told Malvika as he held her hand and walked with her until they halted in their steps to the proud voice of the woman standing a few feet away from them. 

'Have you eaten Maanvi?' she asked and Maanvi nodded in her head. 'Yes she has', he cut in only to grab her hand and lead her out of the house. She muttered a good bye in the process before he walked her out of the door.

'At this rate, I doubt your family will like me as much as they do now'; she uttered as he stopped in his steps and whirled her around only to be inches away from her face. 'It's a good thing if you keep away from her. She ruins relationships. She has done it in the past, she will do it again'. He shrieked as she stumbled back at the rage.  He thought back on the past.

'She is not suitable for this family. She doesn't even know how to act in formal events', whined Swamini. She stood before her father with her arms crossed and relinking on the events of last night. The way she had addressed the important people in front of them, even dropped the drink on one of the businessman. She had drunk too much and made fun of herself as well as others around her.

'Swamini, she is a part of her family. Give her time to adjust', answered her father, sitting down in the study with a file in front of him. He knew the pressure of the name that resided upon her and was willing to give her time; he knew the price someone had to pay to play with the respect of the family.

'It's been 3 years since the marriage Babuji. There is something I don't like about her', answered Swami as she walked over to the study desk and sat opposite; she started fidgeting with the shawl. She hated not having control over things; she bragged for attention. Everything had to be perfect... even the people around her.

'Just give her time, she will come around', he stated as he went back to studying the content of his file. He hoped she would.

'She ruins relationships', the thought flashed into his mind before it disappeared into the depth of his heart; somewhere he wouldn't look to remember. It's the possibility that kept him going, not the guarantee

He followed her into her room, making their way through the front door as she was aware that she was home alone. Chacha and Chachi had gone out to dinner and Daboo had been out every day now. They went to her bedroom as Maanvi sat down on her bed and he stood before her. She waited a few minutes for him to start talking and he did.

'He was dealing with drugs, demanding things from her and leading her to an addictive path. I was as always the most messed up I have been in life. You know how teenage years are like but he was my close friend and I knew him better than what he pretended to be in front of her. I tried to get her to stop seeing him but she didn't, accused me of being jealous of her happiness when I had no one. I had to go to her Father to get her to see sense but he still couldn't stop her; no one could', he stopped to look up to her confused and hurt face; knowing he was shielding up from the pain in the future. He looked away from her; not being able to tolerate any degree of hurt upon her eyes.

'But-' Maanvi trailed, the word escaping from her mouth before she could stop it. She wasn't aware if she wanted to know further. Virat walked over and sat down on the sofa chair, still not looking at her.

'I finally lost the plot and she finally saw the sense at this common friend party. I walked into the room to find her struggling to get away from him and he had her cornered with battered clothes. I punched that pig until he was passed out and would have killed me before Malvika's hands stopped me and I led her out of the damn party. She had me promise that I wouldn't do anything to him and let it go', he gritted through his teeth, regretting ever letting him go. His fist involuntary clutching to the arm of the sofa chair.

'She had to go to rehab and counseling. When I used to visit her in America, she would use to plead me for drugs. Tell me it's the last time; hold me account for her life. It took her months to call back on her addiction and now she is doing great. She's the most inspirational person i know', he answered; his tone was calmer than before. Maanvi walked up to him and placed her hand over his as he briefly smiled before looking away.

Maanvi thought back on the words that he had just spoken and then though on Rahul. He had always been so supporting to her but he was like this... maybe still is. 'Rahul blames me for taking Malvika away from him, saying that because of me telling her father about everything, she had agreed to go away to London and that night he wanted to prove she belonged only to him. That lowlife!' he snapped as his jaw clenched but Maanvi's hand tightened over his; comforting him as he welcomed the feeling.

'And till date I am glad that I did. I have never forgiven him for what he did to her and he has never forgiven me for taking her away from him', he answered with a remote sense of disgust. Maanvi stared at him, knowing she had done nothing but defended Rahul all along. Defended the boy who had tried to ruin his sister's life; even to some extent he had. She didn't know where to start or what to so; an apology that was needed.

'I am sorry for everything. Sorry for being a snob that I am', she whispered as he kissed her forehead making her better in an instant; the feeling of guilt that were pooling around her disappeared in thin air. 'Please realize it was hard to know what he was like. He sounds changed now. I didn't realize he was like this. What happened to Malvika was horrible and I am so glad that she is doing fine now. Both of you are.

That initial anger she had felt turned to sadness, and now it had become something else, almost a dullness of sorts. She had realized that she was carrying too much into this. She should be happy that Malvika is away from a creep such as Rahul and set her insecurities aside.When she looked up at him, it was suddenly easy for her to imagine that her fears were pointless. That he would love her no matter what she told him, and that he was the kind of man who loved her already and would love her forever.

Virat smiled warmly, his eyes were still lost in thoughts of the past. He got up and walked over to the bedroom door until her low voice stopped him in his tracks. 'Are you leaving?' she asked disappointedly as she sat down on the bed. He turned around and walked over to the bed.' Shift over', he said before she curled up beside him and sleep embraced them; both holding on to each other; hoping for a better future then the past.The past was gone and the future had yet to unfold, and he knew he should focus his life on the present'as it had her.

'What are you doing fatty?' a tired Daboo came in the room the next morning with his phone in the other hand; ignoring that she was sitting on her bed and reading through a book. 'Thinking about my breakfast, Maanvi answered, grinning up to him. The night had gone faster than usual, as at the early sunrise, Virat had left so he couldn't be caught by anyone at home and she had let him go with a heavy heart.

'It's Tina's birthday tomorrow and I was thinking of organizing a party', Daboo stated and Maanvi's jaw dropped and she shifted on the bed to face him. 'Wow Daba, that's a great idea. She would love it', she said in excitement. It had been a while since she had gone to a party. A party where people weren't playing with guns.' Oh can we have a theme party?' Maanvi asked sarcastically to annoy him and he flatly refused.

'You ruined my dream of a princess party. Who's coming?' she asked; hoping for a particular name to be dismissed only it didn't. 'Me, you, few of Tina's friends and Rahul', came the reply.

Maanvi wasn't sure if she should voice what she heard about Rahul. She was protective about her brother and didn't want him to mix with the bad crowd. She wasn't aware if she was in the position to tell him about the drugs encounters and if Daboo confronted Rahul on it then Virat would be stuck too. She just had to make a plan to get him away from Rahul and that too fast. 

'You can invite Virat too. I am sure that would be fine. You know what it will be better so we can meet with him in good social surroundings not the ones he goes to. I am sure it must be a change', Daboo said as Maanvi's jaw dropped animatedly, going up to him and checking his forehead for fever. 'How sick are you?' she asked with a worried expression on her face.

'Well don't forget, I am still your older brother Maanvi and he will get grilling before I am sure he is right for you', Daboo warned as she stuck her tongue out.

'Oh well baby steps it is then. I am sure he would love to come', Maanvi replied warmly; she hoped for the impossible.

Maanvi and Virat arrived at the lavish club; it resembled a contemporary mansion from outside. As the big tinted glass windows surrounded the heavy musical place. A few built and bald men stood outside; the angered bodyguards. They eyed the people in front of them with their I.D in the other hand.

Maanvi sighed at the view. It looked like a police check as they stared at the people; making them uncomfortable and making them think they were doing something wrong. She felt a tingling sensation as she slowly moved her head around to see a lanky guy blowing over her shoulder; he was a few feet away from her yet the air could be felt in her shoulder making her uneasy and uncomfortable. She glared at him to stop; at this moment, feeling sorry for any actions her boyfriend will carry out if he finds out about him.

Virat did see the lanky guy, who was now leaning in closer to her; inches away from her shoulder. Virat twirled her around as she rested her head under his chin; her hand clutching his tighter and she whispered sweet nothings to get his attention. He glared at the boy at the side who looked away in the far distance. 'Can we please go?' she asked; batting her eyelashes making him smirk; he tucked the fringe behind her ear like he would always do. His eyes softer then before but his tone was harsh.

'You go in, I'll be there in a minute', he answered, looking around to spot the boy but he was not in sight anymore.  'Fine, I'll just go into the dark club and find my way around drunk people', she answered innocently; knowing she had hit the spot'

'What must that be like? To be admired before you've even said a word, to be desired two or three hundred times a day by people who have absolutely no idea what you're like?' he asked annoyingly and she laughed. 'You make me sound like an angel', she answered. 'But you are sweetheart', he answered with a sly smile.

At that moment, the bodyguards nodded their head at Virat and pulled out the robe that was forbidding entry. He acknowledged this before taking her hand and walking in the busy club; to the despair of annoyed looking people standing in the long queue. Maanvi heard a few mutterings and annoyance of people on her way inside.

Virat pulled her in to a warm club with bunches of rich people and their drunken ways. The lights were bright and blinding; yet people seemed to look like they were having the time of their life. It felt like an underground den of gangsters and murderers. 'Probably drunk and too hazy to notice the claustrophobic club', Maanvi wondered as she coughed lightly due to the heavy smoke in the area; fog machines blinding her eyes as well as any other sense she had.

'Do you come here often?' she spoke loudly due to the loud music. From the encounter she witnessed with the bouncers earlier, it was clear they knew him.

'Yes, this is the only club in Chandigarh that isn't half bad. Everyone usually parties here; every freaking birthday party', he gritted in annoyance and she laughed; situation of spending every party in this claustrophobic club. Virat pulled out a fresh packet of Cigarette which had a clear warning on them as her eyes lingered on the packet.

'Ah the return of the cigarettes. There is nothing more pleasing in the world then watch people huff their life span away', she sarcastically stated; trying to grab the packet but he held it higher in the air so she couldn't reach it.

'Careful, I am beginning to think you care about me', he answered as he leaned in closer to her and whispered huskily in her ear. 'Don't think I mind too much though'. She was sure there was something wrong with her. Even in the hot club, she felt cold and shivery. They had been dating a while; shouldn't the reactions be rested now? She didn't like how easily she could be affected and influenced by him but then again she didn't mind much if he meant he was closer to her.

'I care just a little bit', Maanvi answered, leaning in closer to him as his eyebrow rose at her boldness; wondering if he was imaging it or was she really acting like this. 'I have a proposition for you, Mr. Virat Vadhera?' she stated. 'Very well, what is it? He asked curiously; his fingers circling her back.

'You don't smoke tonight and we can leave early', she uttered; watching him think about it briefly before he answered, 'Deal'. Anything to get out of the torture of her over happy friends. 'I would rather spend time with you alone', he added as he nuzzled her neck before she lightly pushed him away.

They walked further into the club, to the upstairs VIP floor that had been booked for Tina's party. 'Is there a special reason you bought me here to kick Rahul's ass?' he asked as she sat down next to him before he pulled her into his lap; making her blush instantly. She looked around the floor briefly to see if her brother was close by; this proximity would probably result in him kicking him out. She hesitantly got up and sat next to him. Earning a confused look from her boyfriend. Who failed to understand why she was shying away from him.

'As much as I would love to watch you do that, that's not why you are invited. You are invited to make a good impression on my brother and my friends'. She stated. 'I don't make good impressions', he answered casually. 'Can you at least try?' came the grunt reply from the girl in front of him with her arms crossed.

'You want me to be fake?', he asked with a lost look. 'I want you to be nice', she answered. I don't do nice', he admitted. 'Not even for me', she asked with raised eyebrows.

'For you, I am civil with everyone. Do you really think I would be here if you haven't insisted to go out tonight? I was perfectly comfortable in you room', he stated as she remembered an hour ago. He had asked her to come downstairs to his car and she had insisted on going to the party; knowing if she had asked him in advance; she would probably get a decline which she still did but she told him she would go out anyway and he was ready to be anywhere where she was.

'My hero', she whispered like a damsel in distress and he smiled warmly; pulling her close and kissing the tip of her nose. 'Always' he replied.

'Hey Virat', squealed an already wasted Maaya as she stumbled across the dance floor to where they were standing. Her short lime green dress was riding dangerously above the dress length it was supposed to. Her curly hair bounced by every stumble she walked. She held onto the nearest wall for support before straightening up to get a better view of the people in front of them. A boy who hardly cared for her existence and looked away to spot anyone he knew. A girl whose eyes shot wider at her stumbles.

'Hey Maanvi, do you mind if I steal Virat for a second for a dance?', she asked rhetorically; hardly caring for an answer. 'I don't dance Maaya', he answered, tucking his phone in his pocket. He wasn't looking at her and this was making Maaya uncomfortable.

'Better start stuff you haven't done before now', she replied huskily, tracing his strong arms slightly and winking in the process. Maanvi looked flabbergasted. Was she really shamefully flirting in front of him? Those nerves of that girl. She glared at Virat; sending daggers and he smirked; kissing her flustered cheeks that had been flushed in anger. If she had a drink, it would be on her face.

Maaya stared at him, was he not aware that she was standing in front of him with a skimpy dress and hinting a move. 'Do you want a drink?' Virat asked Maanvi as she thought about it. A drink was a rather dangerous weapon that would keep girls away from him. 'Would love one, let's go', she replied as he took her hand and led her away to the bar at the far end of the room.

Maaya watched them go with her anger reaching new heights. She tugged onto the hem off her dress, bringing it slightly down. Rahul twirled Maaya around and clutched onto her hand. What the hell do you think you're doing? Do you know what you have done?' he snapped, as she yanked his hands off 'What? I am allowed to have fun', she shrieked.

'This wasn't what we planned Maaya', Rahul reminded her as she shrugged her shoulder. 'Just tell me when you need me to play my part', she snapped, walking away from him to the other corner of the floor; on her way she grabbed another drink.

A girl carrying vodka shots walked past Rahul who asked her for attention and she turned around smiling brightly. He picked up a shot glass. 'Shot for my friend over there', he stated, pointing at the tall dark figure in front of the bar with a girl who had placed her hand on his shoulder and was laughing brightly at  what he was saying. As the girl looked ahead, he placed a dissolving pill into it. He took out a bundle of cash and placed it on her tray. 'From Daboo', he added before winking at the girl and she walked away to the bar area.

'The real fun starts now!' Rahul exclaimed as he watched Virat conversing with the host before he took the shot off her and downed it. Everyone has their days; today was his.

Edited by Elena123 - 11 years ago
Shineon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the update...nice update...what is maya and Rahul upto now.
BrunoMars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I love your update, srry for the reservation...
It took tooo long...
But what do you want to hear from me, I am
everytime I read your work I am amazed how
good you are in using words in a correct way
to beautifully describe emotions which led to
actions which forms a situation...
It all is so perfect...
Edited by BrunoMars - 11 years ago
Kanwal_chohan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
That was a great update I feel like strangling rahul pm me