Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jakhushi thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Priya... You set the tone with the Pic of "Once Upon a Time". πŸ‘

I always felt... Fairy tales arent for only important to kids... it just teaches kids to dream and fantasize. They are really for adults, for us to remember that we sometimes need to dream and let ourselves soak in fantasy and believe a happy ending is possible.

And today Khushi & Arnav's real world and their fairytale intermingled way too much for Arnav's liking I guess. But I liked the analogy used by the CVs.

Infact, come to think of it... CVs in their own way remind us that it is afterall a Love story ... whether it is ensuring the protagonists act out epic stories like Heer Ranjha or tell the story of Beauty & the Beast! And what better story to tell than That for Arnav & Khushi. The beast who fights his own demons and the beauty who sees him for what he really is and loves him for the beauty of his soul!

Mami's comment had me going YAYYY for her... I guess the aftermath of missing Khushi was still there and he didnt react with his trademark "Enough!!!" Payal trying to control her smile before Jethji... that was cute.

And did you notice Arnav's reaction when Nani mentions driver will drop the kids home? I guess he too was shocked like me... Where are these so called drivers πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Khushi & Arnav's chitti saga reminds me of long forgotten childhood love stories... sending letters through the middle man. (I played middle woman for many cousins... so I know what the poor kid was feeling ... "Bohut busy huin" πŸ˜†).

The Oye Sunn... was sooo cute!!!! the 1st glimpse of Chotey's bachpana. Adorable!!!
I had missed the filmfare completely... keen observation Priya.πŸ‘

Hoping The CVs will pick up the Arnav missing Khushi wala piece tomorrow... *fingers & toes crossed*. Really want to see something on those lines... for years now!!! 😑

And maybe its time for Anjie Baby to play cupid.. Nani has done her bit, her husband darling keeps doing his bit every now. And despite many negative feeling about Anjali... I really like her.

So hopeful moi...

CVs I have a long day tomorrow... so please make my evening!!!

beena14 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Res
Priya, I loved you title and Once upon a time...and all your quotes.
A lot is written about the episode not much for me to write saying the same thing is redundant.
I dedicate this reply to you only. WOW WOW WOW how do you write so poetically everyday Hats off to you , girl do you even have any idea how talented you are.I mean right after watching the show you put out the crooner in an hour or two amazing, I have my mouth open every time I read your crooners..The dedication, passion ,enthusiasm you have just WOWπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I am not kidding, I want you to keep copies of all your crooners. I would really like the moderators to act on this PLEASE PLEASE try to send Priya's crooners to the IPKKND team specially all the creative heads.

Priya portfolio ready rakho please I have been telling you this for awhile now. I am praying you will act on this please.  Priya thank you for making the forum so positive ,spicy, energetic. Love you sweet heart. Can't wait for your crooner tomorrow( your today)
Edited by beena14 - 12 years ago
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hi honeypriya, great post! I could not agree more! I have not finished watching the Episode but will tonight! What I saw of it I loved!
It was not slapstick comedy but meaningful!
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Honey!..., I have not watched the whole episode yet! (Was getting late for work, so will have to watch the rest tonight! Here in NZ I get the episode at 4am, so have to watch it in the morning, while getting ready for work!)...But what I saw of it, I did love! It was a wonderful rendition of "Beauty & The Beast" which is one of my ALL time favourite fairy-tales!

That story is one of the most heart-renching! I still remember reading the part when beauty leaves and beast is dying of a broken heart! (as a child I cried) and it STILL has the power to make me cry! The beast who was not able to express his feelings! He kept her trapped because he thought if he ASKED her to stay she might not?😭He was insecure and didnt think himself worthy of her love!

I wonder if this is what will happen? Beauty will leave and beast's broken heart will not give him any rest! In this case, he knows that HE was wrong, and beauty was not at fault! HE drove her away! Imagine his pain??

Thanks for the PM! LOVED your post!

Desai09 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Priya dii, updated my post on page 2. πŸ˜³
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Great crooner Priya!

So happy the CVs continued the continuity by showing Khushi has yet to forgive Arnav for his harsh words. Khushi is still very hurt and rightfully so.

I loved the way the CVs incorported yet another popular story to suit Arnav and Khushi. It is good that Arnav heard for himself and realized how much he hurt Khushi, the FB for both were perfect!!

Loved Arnav's scenes with the kids, he really has changed before he would snap but here he was calm and even compromised!

Not too sure how I feel about Anjali playing cupid this time around, I mean usually I like it but I was enjoying the kids roles here.
DiamondLife thumbnail
that nikhil is smart boy!!! he first told girls to go and he will handle it!!
Then making deal with Arnav Singh Raizada..
"Idhar plant vapas aye..udhar harpreet gaya.." i felt like Man to Man talk🀣
Why my sixth sense thinking that Arnav gonna play back to khushi with kids..at the end all 4 will listen to him🀣
honeypriya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Nandalala

Res...

Edited~

"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairytales and I like them best of all."

~Audrey Hepburn

'The Tale of  Mirrored Reflections'

PRIYA, WHAT A CROONER, BABE!!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘  Absolutely OUTSTANDING! Loved every quote in it (particularly the Chesterton & Grace Kelly ones!), every part of it so reflective of what we saw today...and what it means for the fabulous tale that is this show!  As you correctly pointed out, what was could easily have been an sophmoric effort in making a connection to a classic far surpassed all our expectations...I had a smile on my face throughout...my fairytales never had such magical visuals before!  And yes, as soon as I heard tuitions, I thought of your OS!  Your brilliant mind thought of the perfect scenario to bring our Belle & Beast together!πŸ‘

Thanks Anjali...seriously such magical visuals...Disney can peep in this show...they might have new stars for their next Summer Blockbuster πŸ˜‰ You know hats off to the CVs for portyaying the Classic Fairy tale here...and seriously I felt this was the best suited story...more than Heer raanjha...if we recount Belle leaves Beast and goes...but then she comes back again when he is dying of Broken heart...and every night the quoestion he asked...also Beast didnt want her to leave the palace ever...it is so similar to Arnav-Khushi...it was just sooo heartwarming to see the classic rendition of the tale in mere 10-15 mins and yet encapsulate the essence of their Love story...Both Barun and Sanaya were outstanding yesterday ClapClapClap

And also funnier and laughable is the fact - that the guy who writed these classic episodes writes shows like Gopi Bahu's - for money u seriously need to sometimes play with ur intelligence πŸ˜‰
Its ALL PERSONAL: A litter of children, the wrath boils!  *Doesn't she know I dislike children!?* Seeks answers!!! Quick overview from Manu on the latest happenings...something about "Personal Bacche vs. Doosron ke Baache"...as you indicated, no hint of cringing!  Personal toh akhir PERSONAL hota hai!  Naani reminds him about his own childhood..what we will soon see!πŸ˜ƒ  He learns she hasn't listened to him...still has the dabba business "on the side"...

I was sooo lost in his expressions that first time I didnt register the word Personal...but seriously his expression at the Tiffin service and then teh tuition "kya zaroorat hai"...why does he care πŸ˜† such a possessive husband I tell you - he is seriously truly the Beast - wants full time attention - it was a throwback on Fri's epi where he is getting ready and grunting...he can get angry wid her, tell her anything - all she has to do is listen to him and be close to him inspite of that πŸ˜†

Cut to damage control..."Press mein koi bhi story exaggerate karke prove kar rahein hain ki hum bahut bade MONSTERS hain..."πŸ˜†...& then "SHAITAAN, SHAITAAN"...The Tale begins...

(Quick aside: The new HP has no clue of Khushi's "new business"!  LOL!  A houseful of children & he has no idea where Khushi is!!!!??)πŸ˜•

Can we get rid of the new HP πŸ₯± I am seriously missing the old one 😭

Through the Looking Glass: He can't look away from those eyes because her hurt is very visible...Her heart is in those eyes!  Yet, she says nothing to him...The kids hold their own...little proxies for the Sundari's pain...make him look away just like in the classic tale!  "Shaitaan aur RajKumar ek hi aadmi the"...Loved how you described this part--the duality so evident...and yet, she can't hate him!  He now knows that whats in her heart!  In the story the Shaitaan questions her, here she questions him...yet..."Kuch Samaj hi Nahi Paaye Woh!"  She states her confusion without mincing words...And she is speaking for both of them!  But reminds the children of what matters: "Sundari bahut acchi ladki thi"...her heart is pure and no one can take that away from her!  Sanaya was just BREATHTAKING today!  In every part, in every way!

I loved wat she says at the end - "nahi maara,nahi khaaya" - she believes some day he'll turn around coz he will realise the goodness in her heart...the story is not yet over...she was seriously breathtaking - and lately I am in love wid the Teal-turquoise colour - so loved it more on her...She is great with her expressions in story-telling...reminded me of the Janmasthami times when she told Lavanya of Krishna-Kansa story - that was an awsm job she did !!!

Also since last week dialogue writer is at his peak...just loveeed each line..."pal mein rajkumar,pal mein shaitaan" - i usually do not get emotional on scenes...but yesterday it was soo heart tugging - how desperate and lonely they both are at the same time for each other's love...One evil man's act - and two innocent lovers are suffering !!!
The Tike vs. The Tycoon:  Absolutely ADORED this scene!  Made my day!  The kid w/gumption!  Mini ASR in the making!!  Loved the wheeling/dealing!  And ASR's bargaining at the end...Oye!Sun!Tere se kaam chala loon?...had me on the floor! And the smile, the smirk, looking up at the heavens!  He becomes one of them!!! Barun was FANTABULOUS in this scene!  Big round of applause...πŸ‘

FANTABULOUS is all I can say  - and Encore πŸ˜‰  I just loved replay of that kid-ASR scene few more times - ClapClapClap

Also makes me believe Khushi is any day more mature than her shaitaan Raajkumar...whose brains work the best with the kids at times - biwi not talking...send her chits...also main "kha loon...sundari ne kaha" πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Written Musings, Part 1:  A letter sent & a letter received...Their first declarations of...REALITY vs. DREAMS!  Again, the mirror speaks...What are you teaching the kids?  Shaitaan tells Sundari..."Yeh zindagi hain...Koi pariyon ki kahani nahi"...Yes, the first thing that came to mind when she read that was the dressing room scene!  Oh, ASR if only you knew how in tune she is with her reality!  I chuckled at that one...She poignantly reminds him: how can I live in a dream if I'm married to you...if I love you?  Again, they are on the same page...yet...the mirror only shows one side of their being!  Liar, liar pants on fire moment🀣: "Sundari...aur tum?  Ghar mein itni saare sheeshein hain...dekh loh"!🀣🀣  Yes, we need Di's Holi vid, STAT!!!  And her retort was just as brilliant...T&J all the way!!!

The Interceptor & Written Musings, Part 2:  Anjali's getting the hold of the letter before ASR reads her words is very interesting...now its in writing...there is a disconnect between what is being shown & what is in their hearts!  Written words never lie...she now has hard proof!  Loved how the CVs depicted this!

Seriously loved the depiction of the scene...also it was soo cute Anjali's expressions when she sees who is the Shaitaan πŸ˜† - I think she'll change the content of the letter mostly...lets c...but ya, they both have oceans of love and insecurities in their heart...and as the hindi word that suits best - they have seas of "Abhimaan" in the letters !!!

What the Mirror Tells Us:  As with the classic tale, someday Beauty will leave because she cannot live with the Beast!  Yet the mirror will tell her, her Beast is dying...She will return...Her tears and her strength will be his elixir...his antidote to the poisons of his past!  Resurrection will happen!  Its in writing now!😊

B&B has lots of similarities and even the Classic tale is not as simple as I remember - both Beauty and Beast had sad and dark pasts - Beast had a curse on him...Beauty also was not a poor girl...she was a king's daughter...need to go back and refresh...cause I know there are lots of layers which will connect with the story - there was also a very important scene by the garden if I remember correctly...when Beast confront her and then withdraws back !!!
As you can tell, I fell in love with this show all over again!  This epi spoke to the perennial romantic in me!  I watched Beauty & the Beast on Broadway several years ago & it is a favorite!  Just wish that the IPK rendition would have made a reference to Khushi's Gaston (Shyam)...that would been icing on the cake!!!  

SaRun were MAGNIFICENT, yaar!  Their expressions, PERFECTION!  Those kids, especially Nikhil, were SPECTACULAR!  Chillar party to the hilt!πŸ˜†  The dialogues were outstanding, too!  I agree with you on Arnav's lack of emotion on actually seeing Khushi home...but honestly, I think seeing the children there put a damper on his inner smiles!  I was also left to wonder what happens to file & dhagaa gate now?πŸ˜•  I have an allergy to loose ends!πŸ˜†  The epi did add another layer to the story...but I am hoping the kids/and Akash's "khaas" 9 yr old girlfriend bring the truth out abt Shyam!  Fingers crossed!

Lets forget the loose ends...they'll get up tied soon - those two are major ones...ohhh Nikhil was too adorable...and loved the "deal break" scene to the hilt...cant wait to see how ASR keeps his side of the deal today !!!

Anyway, a perfect way to start my day!  WIll add more later as I couldn't watch the VM at the end... Won't be around much tomorrow!  Thanks again, hun!  So PSYCHED to have the Queen back!!!πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ€—

will wait for u...I'll also be tied up at work whole day...heheh "this Queen" thing - u guys are embarassing me so nicely - i am hiding under a wooden table πŸ˜‰

ETA~

Crooner buddies, check out the lyrics for this signature song from Disney's Beauty & the Beast:

Tale As Old As Time

Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends 
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly 

Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast

Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
Ever just as sure
As the sun will rise

Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Bitter sweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong

Certain as the sun 
Rising in the East 
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the beast 

Perfect for ArHi, right!?

And, oh, Priya...Taylor Swift!  Encapsulates today beautifully!!!  LOVE HER!!!

Oh yaaa...that song is perfect...they should make a hindi rendition and play it in the show...wat say...btw even I love Taylor Swift...she always takes me to fairy tales - but ya, Love Story is still the most fave !!!
Nandalala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: amisuv

Priya, thanks fr this lovely Crooner with all the amazing pics & quotes. How beautifully u hv woven ur analysis arnd the epic Beauty & the Beast tale πŸ‘ πŸ‘ Congrats on ur OS making a way into the show πŸ˜ƒ 

And u hv rightly mentioned the fact abt escapism. These love stories take us into a dreamworld, away frm the harsh realties of life & we wish fr similar feelings in real life. Hence the crave fr happy endings.

Coming to the episode, I was so relieved that it didnt go the comedy way. Thanks CVs πŸ‘πŸΌ  Khushi was true to her character, loving the company of kids & happy in her make-believe world. But reality creeps in, in the form of her Pati & that is where the real state of affairs in her life make way into the B&B tale.
But yes the purpose was very clear at the outset, to stay away from her Pati, grant his wish of not making his life hell & saving herself frm breakdown. Sanaya was very good thru out.

While indulging in his Fav pastime, Arnav overhears the B&B version of Khushi. For a moment he doubts that the prince she may be talking abt would be Shyam but then Khushi herself clears that. He realises that she was talking abt him all the while. The FBs very apt...The conflict inside very well reflected on his face & then he turns his back to all this pain & anguish. As always...

Priya, very well highlighted by u thru the lovely pics 😊 

Luved Barun's scenes with the kids. Hats Off Barun πŸ‘ πŸ‘ The smiles & smirks at their cute dialogues, the raised eyebrows ( Kalpana, did u notice πŸ˜‰ ) I am sure Barun would hv enjoyed enacting this scene with the kids πŸ˜ƒ 
 'Oye Sun'...Hayee main mar gayee πŸ˜‰

Priya, u r bang on abt the continuity issue with regards to Arnav's expressions. Also, another glitch- when Arnav was listening to Khushi's story, he was constantly staring upwards, but the guestroom was supposedly on the ground floor πŸ˜•  Also, why were the kids reading preschool books? CVs, I think we should stop wasting our precious time in counting ur bloopers. Tum sudhroge thodi πŸ˜† 

Arree Priya, Arnav bitwa Filmfare padke hi toh acting aur dance ke gun seekhe hain...Heer Ranjha act aur Teri-Meri dance πŸ˜‰ 

P.S.  Sadie, why was Payal bahuriya issmiling  so much today ?? Plz tells naaa, Haaiiinnn πŸ˜† 

Hate note to CVs: If u plan to make ASR wear any of those horrendous shirts even fr a day (from today's SBB segment), main kasam khati hoon ki iska anjaam bahut bura hoga 😑 πŸ˜‘ 

Priya yaar, sorry for the rant...maaf karde 😭

Ok, one thing I want to mention here- in today's SBS segment with shirtless Hottie ☺️ πŸ˜ ...Arree kahan thi main...Haan, they showed that off-camera Barun was adjusting his towel, surrounded by the support staff & crew. For a moment I felt his uneasiness about the whole thing. Not sure or is it just me ?? πŸ˜• πŸ˜• 

Ok, I pretty much highlighted your entire post!πŸ˜†  So detailed!  I honestly couldn't get past B&B in today's epi...even when I was creating my post, thats all I could think about!  The Crooner was FANTASTIC, na!!?😍   Your parts in red were awesome!  The intent was clear from the onset, and yes, she was true to her word...she kept silent when he confronted her!  Your pt. abt maybe a Shyam reveal is very interesting particularly because in the Disney version of B & B, there is a Shyam like character!  Yes, the flashbacks were very, very appropriate!  The Filmfare does give him all kinds of inspiration...prbbly a secret SALLU fan for all we know!!!🀣

Must go watch Payal's expressions...I missed it!πŸ˜†  Sadie, your Manu's line abt the bacchas is now a classic!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
honeypriya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Newbiesoapfan

Fairy tale indeed Priya -- and how beautifully their story matches the fairytale...they did keep the continuity of Khushi's feelings but lost his feelings somewhat -- but he does come and position himself strategically where he can hear her and see her -- that somewhat redeemed this ( BTW , I have decided that RM is built around the pool and the steps that people climb to ostensibly get to ARnav's room actually go up and go down to round the pool)

The kids and Barun ( yes that was Barun not Arnav not ASR) were great in the shaitaan scene and the deal scene !

Wonder how dear Anjali is going to fix their fight... will she be the one to turn Khushi  into Gopi vahu as depicted in today's SBB...let's wait and see!

Small step again in the direction of trust and maybe a better understanding from Arnav's side of Khushi and her feelings... let's see what tomorrow brings!

The little girl asked " How does this story end?" ... I will say for now not "Happily ever after" ... but sometime in the near future "Happily ever after until the next MU"!

There is still time for "happily ever after" in this story...lots of MUs to get cleared before that...

But ya all in all it was a very cute and nice episode...lets hope the week just gets better !!!