Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luv angel thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Maxine people just need a life! And a brain to not copy work! But the work is always yours! Try and ignor these people
-Dee- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
People need to understand that if they don't have the ability to write, it is okay but they need not show case their ability to steal as blatantly as that. And Vidhaya, the person must be very lazy when all he/she had to do is copy-paste written works from one forum to another. 

*sighs*
madmaxine thumbnail

Originally posted by: cmileyfreaky

aaand it has been taken down!

oh yeah, oh yeah, this is how we do it 😎

Thanks! I believe she did it because of the pressure you guys put on her. I certainly haven't received an email from the website saying they took action. 
Ended thumbnail
cheers for the wake up call will look a my ones too
xxx
madmaxine thumbnail
I got a PM from abcxyz2099 which I am ctrl c, ctrl v-ing below. (but with permission, OK!) πŸ˜†: 

hi maxine di,
can i call you that?
i have something to tell you
some of us commented on that kika's freakin post telling her to remove it.
sorry if that annoys you😳
i also commented on her profile to which she reacted by hiding my comment
and then she personally messaged me this--

Well you know what??? I came up with this idea last year. When IPKKND first started. So YOU go get a life, I don't even know how this got ontt India Forums. Seriously. I thought of what would happen if a newly and completely changed Khushi came BACK into Arnav's life. And if you want, troll me. I don't really give a shit. So keep watching, I WILL write a fanfic that you won't find anywhere else. And I did write that, trust me, I truly don't lie, not after what has happened to me in the past. So basically I'm sorry if my work has offended you in any way.
😲😑
i'm seriously pissed off with her now!!!
anyway, what do you think should we post it out here?if u agree, then please post it on your thread*embarrassed*
btw i think she has removed it i can't access it anymore
and if that's true, i'm dancing right now!hehe
do reply di!
i'm sorry again!
love,
Pareena

Maxine says: Many thanks Pareena. (nice name, btw!) Looks like you scared/shamed her into taking it down. So, I learned that she is (likely) young and stupid and slightly deluded (unless she really believes she wrote it in which case she's truly deluded!) πŸ˜Š 

The only lesson I've come away with: IF is an awesome place. Because people who don't know me will go out of their way to help me. Maxine is happy and humbled. I thank you all most sincerely. 
Edited by madmaxine - 12 years ago
madmaxine thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krani

Turns out my work was plagiarised too. I'll be honest, she did give me credit at the end, however she had not asked for my permission to just copy and paste my work onto another website. Hence in my view that's plagiarism. 

Really angry, but obviously the people who are plagiarised without any due credit coming their way must feel a lot worse. I don't understand how people can just copy and paste!! :(

Yes, it is. Welcome to the club. 
neverbefore thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Just tried the link you put in your post and the page doesn't exist anymore!  Looks like the complaint section or the direct complaints worked! πŸ‘πŸΌ
madmaxine thumbnail

Originally posted by: lexaxel

Hahahaaa...I like ur attitude towards life maybe because it matches mine somewhere. Granted the issue is serious but getting all worked up and threatening to stopping writing for fear that some idiot somewhere is going to copy ur work  is ridiculous. I'd advise people not to take themselves so seriously.  

Or maybe I've seen this happening all the time. In the blogworld also time to time there is a hue & cry about plagarism...if we look back these issues have been there all the while...it happens when we sit for exams, it happens when we take part in competitions, I feel it is bound to happen when we get good at what we do. Yes it's wrong but lets not get too judgemental or carried away. Lets be more aware and try our best to prevent it from happening again.

Yes, well. I try and reserve my anger for more pressing issues. Some snotty nosed kid who doesn't even have the good taste to copy paste the entire story is not worth wasting any emotion on. πŸ˜Š And yes..I absolutely see your point about not taking myself seriously. I try not to. 

As for it happening everywhere. It does.  It's just sad. It looks like the ultimate solution will involve authors acting to safeguard their interests. I don't see anything else happening. 
Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Oh, your work too? I'm not surprised. God knows how many others have had their stuff copied elsewhere.
Well, I think even with a blog nothing will change unless you make it private or somethingπŸ€”
Onlooker thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I can't view 'that' page now...seems they have taken down...
Disgusting ...i don't have words for these kinds of actions..It is someone's creativity and hard work...please respect that...