Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

the_rain thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago

@Harsh, It's horrible I know, but I urge all the readers to check. And please do mention, point out, report if you find any plagiarized work. 

Another thing, when a topic is closed for plagiarism issues, the topic is closed with only a Mod note attached on the thread, and then it's done. I do think they should at least edit the title of the FF stating in the title itself that 'Closed due to Plagiarism', so that readers get aware when the offender comes back with another one.

-_-harsh42 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: the_rain

@Harsh, It's horrible I know, but I urge all the readers to check. And please do mention, point out, report if you find any plagiarized work.

Another thing, when a topic is closed for plagiarism issues, the topic is closed with only a Mod note attached on the thread, and then it's done. I do think they should at least edit the title of the FF stating in the title itself that 'Closed due to Plagiarism', so that readers get aware when the offender comes back with another one.

I agree...
And yeah, call me cold hearted, but the plagiarizer should be at least punished with that!

If he/she isn't subjected to at least that much of humiliation, how is one supposed to learn the lesson?! x-(
misslaugheasily thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Urgghhh!😡

i hate it when this kind of thing happens!😡🤢

some poor soul probably spent months writing a story and then somebody just clicks the mouse a few times and BAM! you're a FF writer!😳

i mean, what could anyone prove by doing that?

that they're an awesome writer? that the readers are all stupid? that the can get away with anything?

yeah right, AND I'M A TOOTH FAIRY!

huh!

Nmyra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -_-harsh42

I agree...
And yeah, call me cold hearted, but the plagiarizer should be at least punished with that!

If he/she isn't subjected to at least that much of humiliation, how is one supposed to learn the lesson?! x-(

Also how about a new post ban for a specific time period. Like they can comment but cannot create any new posts for 3 months
the_rain thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -_-harsh42

I agree...

Agreed, cause we can introduce a lot of preventing technologies, but it won't be working unless people are made to realize this is heinous and the consequences are not pleasant. You can't just catch a thief and let them go just by taking the stolen good back. The first thing they'd do when they're out of your sight is to steal something else.

deleteaccount thumbnail
However good or bad my work is, I would never tolerate it if people claim it as thier own
All mean people who do it- Please apologize
Yash141 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
These people dnt have a pinch of shame in them... Just craving for attention... And what the hell?? Demanding 30pages of comments for a copy of another person's work?? I think these people should be banned...If someone can ban a wonderfully written original fiction for a mature content issue (I'm not complaining or bashing the mods) I think plagiarism should be dealt with more if not equally strict manner... 

I dnt think that I'd be able to continue writing if some one leisurely copies my work and post as their own... And it's the writers who keep this forum alive.. When the show is being dragged and not upto expectations...we visit the forum and stick in just because of the amazing writers.. So this is not a healthy trend.. If this is not looked into, IF's popularity will suffer... And also, our writers will stop writing... 

so yea, whatever step is taken, we are with you...

P.S - I have a question...sorry if already asked coz I couldn't go through all the posts in the thread... In sites with research papers and all..they have this 'no copy' sort of thing... I mean we can't highlight and copy the content because the site won't allow it.. I'm sure most of you who are students academia s must be knowing this...  Can't we have something like that in here...? At least we can protect our work...I dnt think these shameless people would take that much effort to type out the whole thing again to post, right? There is a code for that as I know... So can't we request the site owners/developers to give us that option????
Edited by Yash141 - 12 years ago
Nmyra thumbnail
The latest bout of plagiarism I've encountered.

I am SO sick of this, it's straight out of Chapter -24 of Once and Always by Judith McNaught

Something seriously needs to be done now...
Nmyra thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Chinnu-

Something seriously needs to be done now...

That happens to be one of my favorite books i'm so mad i'm shaking! What great book are they going to try to ruin next?