honeylime thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Rakhi Tandon turns compere

Sweety of Hum Paanch will host a live music-based show

Rakhi Tandon

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Known best for her comic roles, Rakhi Tandon will soon be seen as a compere. The actress is off to Dubai to compere what she calls the most awaited show in the music industry. Tandon says, 'Initially, I had reservations about committing to the show. It's a show where most singers and musicians from the film industry will perform live. I wasn't sure if I could carry it off. But the amount of faith the producers showed in me is tremendous.' The shows are scheduled to take place in Dubai and Abu Dabi. 'I'm certainly looking forward to the event as I will slip into the shoes of a compere for the first time,' says the excited Rakhi.

On being the only female comedian in the TV industry she says, 'Every actor has an image, which he wants to capitalise on. I know what genre of TV shows and films I fit into and am only heading in that direction.'

However, Tandon is eager to experiment. 'I'm open to accepting challenges. I've played a vamp in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi and Heena. I'm sure, given a change I can play any given character.'

Is she nervous about hosting a  live show? 'I hope I don't goof up. I am keeping my fingers crossed,' she says.

'   I hope I don't goof up, i am keeping my figers crossed ' rakhi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago
Thanks for sharing! 😉
reetsk thumbnail