Pakistani Dramas verses Indian Dramas

bintum thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hi All

hey i have been reading some interesting comments and feedback about Pakistani dramas in comparison to Indian dramas,,,,,here is a few things which are so obvious,,,,

there is no doubt that pakistani dramas have alot more quality however i have been thinking whether that quality still exists,,,,,there were times when dramas such chand grahan, doop kineray,tanhayain were made with such high quality both story wise and also acting wise,,,,and with a very limited number of characters,,,,however these days we have a hugh star cast and so little story,,,,is it really needed to see so many faces and so many characters,,,,,,,,and then we have humayun saeed who is a fantastic actor if he really puts efforts into the role but unfortunately he seems to have a hangover or should i say an obsession to have an indian movie style role with hugh star cast,massive set designs and foreign locations,,,,,i really miss his good actings,,,,come on man make your fans such as me proud by doing something substantial,,,,,

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*sweet rani* thumbnail
i agree with u. pakistani dramas are much much better than indian drams. what u said about humayun Saeed is also true but the thing is that its good that he introduces new faces because they get the chance to work in good dramas and we also get to see some good new faces(sometimes).I dont think he copies their style. He just want to make it versitile. If he uses massive designs and foreign locations, its good because story will look more intersting and also certain foreign locatons are needed for a drama or story to look good. dramas like chand grahan and dhoop kinay were also fantastic but they didnt have more technology than today and if have technology, why shouldn't we use it.
yeah its also true that some dramas  techniques are being copied like some dramas are being streched like ndian dramas otherwise pakistani dramas are unique, has good story and they are worth to watch. Edited by *sweet rani* - 17 years ago
usmani_girlzz thumbnail
feelin gr8 to c newbies n groupies here welcum u all here
lll_Shark_lll thumbnail
there is majority of ekta kapoor's serials on Indian channel 😡 saali ne beda gark ker diya Hindustan ki izzat ka 😆
DevilishSaira thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i liked humayun saeed serial .. siddhat.. where he played a obbsest man .. was in love with his ciuson who married the cousin from her fathers side.. humayun was from her motehrs side..

but somethign wich i dotn like in urdu serials is that .. sometiems we see teh microfons .. on the tops
coolsonu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thats a fact dat Paki serials are much much much better than Indian serials....Paki serial stories hav some sense while the Indian dramas(esp.Ekta's serials 🤢 )..they r so senseless...and we see the same 'Parivaar' stories,1 evil saas, 1 sweet bahu..etc..etc..etc in each and evry serial..
Paki channels hav so many goooooooooooooooooooooooood actors and actresses like Humayon Saeed(I love him 😳 ), Faisal Qureshi, Aijazz Aslam, Samina Peerzada and others 😛

Overall....Paki serials are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
marvell_gal thumbnail
i agree paki dramaz r gr8 , coz paki drmaaz r limited lyk 13 to 25 episodes n indianz i hv heard 1000 or may b 5000 😕
n paki actors r really gr8 👏 lyk humayun saeed,aijaz aslam, adnan siddiqui,faisal qureshi,sania saeed, nadia jameel 😃 dese r our SHAAN our legends
Mashal thumbnail
yes its true pakistani serials r most...........best then any indian soap cuz we cant watch any indian soap with whole family members due to rubbish scenes
*Shona* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I have seen quite a few Pakistani Serials, mostly with Humaayun Sayeed in them, since I really like him. 😳

And I really think that Pakistani Serials are much better in quality and story as compared to Indian Serials. Most of the Indian dramas start out really good, but over time the directors kill the story and just keep dragging the show for no reason.

The other reason for Pakistani dramas being better than Indian dramas is that Ekta Kapoor is in India. 😆 Portraying Indian women as manipulative shrews or sad cry babies and making her characters get married 30 times and divorced 30 times is something that makes her shows all more worse! And unfortunately, her shows are quite dominant in India.

However, in Pakistani dramas, the story flows consistenly and the people watching cant get bored because they dont drag them.

This is based on the shows that I have seen in the past. I havent really seen any recently since I dont get ARY, but I still hear positive reviews from my friends who do get ARY and watch the new dramas regularly.

Anyways, I would rather sit and watch a Pakistani drama because of its clean content, nice flow of story, and no dragging! I hope Pakistani directors continue to make such good dramas. 😊

hehe I think this is my first or maybe secont post in this section. 😳
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Indian TV has lot more to offer besides Ekta Kapoor dramas. Indian TV has given us the most amazing Indian shows and Indian talent. I do not know much about recent good shows as i don't watch that many , and admit to watch some crappy Ekta shows .

But 8-10 years ago Indian TV whad some amazing drama. Example: Karamchand, Yeh jo hai zindagi, ulta pulta, Rajni,Buniyaad, Hum log, Hasratein,Kachhi dhoop, Nukkad, Circus, Saaya, Alpaviram, Kora Kagaz, Hubabhoo,Vikram aur betal, etc etc.

Some are still coming on Sony. They are worth watching.