Jabb Love Hua

Character Analysis/Concept-JLH-

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

New show 'Jab Love Hua' starring Priya Badlani and Sudeep Sahir, traces the relationship between a Mumbai girl and a village lad.

Jab Love Hua: A cute love story

The plot: Zee TV's latest offering 'Jab Love Hua' is the tale of a bratty young girl and the twists her life takes when she is forced to live without the luxuries she is habituated to.

Highlights: The show is set between Mumbai and a village in Uttar Pradesh called Dev Nagri ke Teer.

Priya Badlani who plays Aanya is Mumbai-based and shares a love-hate relationship with Raghu (Sudeep Sahir), the hero of the village.

Priya, who has done a handful of commercials including the coke ad with Aamir Khan, marks her television debut with this show.

Though Sudeep has done serials like 'Ayushmaan' and 'Kyun Hota Hai Pyaar', he considers this as his "first full-fledged role."

The show is the brain-child of makers Tony and Deeya (of 'Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin', 'Just Mohabbat' and 'Banegi Apni Baat' fame).

The show also utilizes a good tinge of the Bihari dialect.

Adding a Bollywood element to the show are veteran actors Rajeshwari and Vivek Vaswani who play supporting characters.

Shroff Family

Geetanjali Shroff (Aanya Grandmother) – Suhasini Mulay

Kishan Shroff (Aanya's Dad) – Karan Shah

Deby Shroff (Aanya's Mom)

Isha Shroff (Aanya's Elder Sister) - Monaz

Aanya Shroff- Priya Badlani

Percy the Butler –Vivek Vishwani

Raghu's Family

Janki (Mother)- Rameshwari

Raghu – Sudeep Sahir

Sarpanch Family

Sarpanch of Devri Naadi Ki Teer – Viyaj Kashyap

Yashodha ( Wife) – Yamini Singh

Lakhan (Son) – Aamir Dalvi

Gehna ( Daughter) – Salini Khanna

Others

Chotu (Raghu's friend) – Abhileen Pandey

Bhola full name Bhuranchand Tripati (Raghu's friend) – Rahul Lohani

Rangeela (Drunkard of the Village) – Atul Shrivastav

Chamki – Himanshi Chaudhary

Inspector Bali Shukla – Abhir Goswami

will add more chAracter's as and when new character's enters the serial-

cheers

Edited by Jaslove - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monika.goel thumbnail

So, what's new on TV?

Jabb Love Hua One of Zee's most successful serials, Sarkaar, wound up on April 20. In its bid to maintain viewership, the channel is coming up with a mega serial from the well-known production house of Deeya and Tony Singh. Their last production - Jassi - really took the nation by storm and the Singhs are confident of repeating their success with Jabb Love Hua. The story of Aanya and Raghu, this follows the tried and tested theme of opposites meeting, fighting and eventually falling in love. While Aanya is a cute, daring, pretty urban girl, Raghu is a simple village boy. Known for his helpful nature, he is the most popular boy in the village. Aanya, on the other hand, is a spoiled brat blessed by all material luxuries. The serial has newcomers Priya Badlani and Sudeep Sahir playing the lead roles, and also stars Vivek Vaswani. It has immensely hummable music by Raju Singh and a title track sung by Raju himself, along with Sa Re Ga Ma Pa finalist Himani.

Jabb Love Hua began Monday, and airs Monday through Thursday, 8.30 pm, on Zee TV.

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
Just 5Qs
Sudeep Sahir speaks

Q: Long gap between Ayushman and Jabb Love Hua?

Yes, after Ayushman went off air, I was free and was looking out for good and substantial roles. That's when Jabb Love Hua happened. Actually, I got a call from Tony and Deeya Singh for an audition. And once I auditioned for the role of Raghu, they called me back again on the same day and got more tests done. And within a few hours I was finalised.

Q: The show is being pitched as 'the show with a difference'?

Jabb Love Hua is actually a very different show for the reason that nothing like that has ever come on television so far. It has a kind of freshness and rustic look about it which makes it truly different from any other show on air at present. The locations are real, the characters are true and there is lot of creativity and newness. It's the story of how a completely spoilt and rich girl comes to this village and comes across Raghu who is just the opposite to her in nature and temperament. And when they are together, how they affect each other's life is the crux of this serial.

Q: We have heard that you are playing the character of a village guy who speaks in a local dialect. How did you prepare yourself for it?

It wasn't that difficult for me because I belong to the North. So, my Hindi is quite strong. All I needed was to pick up the accent and after a little work, it was very easy to give a rustic touch to my language. But, yes, I had problems learning to tie my own dhoti. It was a real struggle. (laughs).

Q: Any memorable moment while shooting?

So many of them. But the best was when I had to milk a buffalo. I was so nervous, what if it kicked me. But everyone persuaded me and I agreed. I tried befriending the buffalo by offering her grass and she seemed to be okay and normal. But the moment the director said 'Action!' and as I moved forward to milk her, one of the reflectors flashed in her eyes and she kicked everything around including me. Oh god, that was one moment I will never forget.

Q: Your expectations from the show?

I am sure it's going to do very well because it has been shot nicely. Another thing is that this month has been quite lucky for me. Jabb Love Hua is starting on the 24th, and I am getting married to my love on the 29th.

(SAMPURN)
monika.goel thumbnail
SUDIB SPEAKS ON - JABB LOVE HUA (Apr. 20, 2006)
PLAY > > >
  56K  256K  
  56K  256K  

Sudib Speaks on - Jabb Love Hua
monika.goel thumbnail
Jabb Love Hua

Start Date: 1st May '06 onwards (Mon To Thu )

Jabb love Hua is about love.. jabb love hua is about fun.. jabb love hua is about Aanya.

Aanya Who is cute but bratty, daring but demanding , pretty but spoilt… and only 18 but very very RICH! Whose life revolves around clothes, cars, credit cards, boyfriends and expensive holidays! Who thinks money can buy her the world and the world is exactly what she wants! And if given a wish, our Aanya just doesn't know what to ask for…. Simply because Aanya has everything!

But what happens when an unwanted wish comes true ? What happens when she loses it all? What happens when she has to let go of all her luxuries to take a walk in the fields? What happens when the heiress of the most affluent families of Mumbai, Ms. Aanya Shroff is left with nothing…& what happens when Aanya falls in love … Kya hua.. jabb love hua?

From, the creators of "Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin", Tony & Deeya Singh give you one more reason to come fall in love… it makes you laugh just when you are about to cry...

monika.goel thumbnail
Rahoul's spooky encounter
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   May 2, 2006

Woh kaun tha?
Rahoul Lohani
A spooky "presence" scared the daylights out of TV actor Rahoul Lohani, who had to spend three sleepless nights in a hotel in Wai, near Panchgani. Lohani, who plays Bhola in Zee daily Jabb Love Hua, was terrified and could not sleep a wink.

"It was a strange experience. Whenever I lay down on the bed, I felt as if someone was pushing me. Even though I would keep all the lights switched on throughout the night, there was an eerie feeling that someone else was also present in the room," he shudders.

Changed his room

As all outdoor scenes for the show are shot in Wai, the entire unit is put up in a hotel. "In the previous schedule, we were staying at another hotel, where I did not experience anything. In this hotel, where I felt the presence, my room (No 8), was on the second floor.

All three days, I was like a zombie on the sets and just could not focus. On the fourth day, I requested a change of room, and finally, could sleep peacefully."

Roomie's oblivious

Incidentally, Lohani had co-actor Aamir Dalvi, who plays Lakhan, in the show sharing his room. "But he felt nothing," Lohani claims.

"He would go off to sleep. In fact, despite his presence in the room, I had this strange experience. I wondered what would happen if I were alone in the room. Half the time, I would be pacing the corridor outside.

When I returned to bed; the same feeling, of being pushed, would engulf me again. I have never experienced this before. It became difficult to explain to the others; they would tell me I was imaging things. But for me, it was a real nightmare."

Eyes wide shut

Apart from the spooky encounter during the Wai shoot, Lohani also had to struggle with his constantly watering eyes.

"As we were shooting outdoors, my eyes would constantly water, for which I needed medical help. On the sets, I would wear dark shades even indoors. I used to cover my eyes with a thick cloth to avoid harsh sunlight," says Lohani, who feels his Jabb Love Hua character has shades of Bhole, essayed by Sunil Dutt in the evergreen film, Padosan.

"But my character is dumber, and at the same time, very cute and lovable. He follows whatever his father says religiously, and always mutters, "Pitaji kehte hain'!"

Rahoul facts

The Delhi actor made his acting debut in Doordarshan show, School Days.

Played Swayam in Kehtaa Hai Dil, Sanju in Shaka Laka Boom Boom, Nitin in Saath Rahega Always and Sid in Rabba Ishq Na Hove.

Featured in Anjani Kumar's offbeat film, Kastoori, which was showcased at the Osian Cinefan Asian Film Festival in Delhi last year.
monika.goel thumbnail

Yet another labour of love from the producer-couple Deeya and Tony Singh!

Deeya and Tony Singh knew they would have a production house of their own someday. Today their company, DJ's A Creative Unit, is proud to have five tele-serials to its credit.. Like expectant parents, they are now awaiting the arrival of their latest baby... JABB LOVE HUAA, due to go on air this week.

When Deeya, a film journalist and Tony Singh, an upcoming cinematographer got married few would have imagined the marriage to give birth to a creative team. The two dreamt of starting a company of their own and in due course their production house DJ's A Creative Unit was born. Nine years later, their sixth serial is ready to go on air. For Deeya and Tony, there has been no looking back since the success of their first serial Banegi Apni Baat.
Deeya was working on Manoranjan produced by Aditya Kapoor when she first met Tony Singh, son of well-known cinematographer G.Singh. "It was my idea mainly that instead of working for someone else, it would be good to have our own company and work for ourselves. With their first serial Banegi Apni Baat, the duo turned producers. But midway through the serial they realised that it would be better idea to take over the reins of direction themselves. And the husband -wife team took on the mantle of producer-director. But it is a long time since Tony has given up cinematography. "I can't do everything myself. Being a producer and director is a very stressful job in itself and then one has to look into the nitty-gritty of running an office." Says the reserved and low profile Tony in-between a gruelling session with the accountant.

While most of the production hassles and money matters is handled by Tony, Deeya is happy to be working on new ideas and co-ordinating with scriptwriters and dress designers and is entirely in charge of casting. "I am the one who is liasing with the channels and various people while Tony handles the business part. I am a people person he is not," she says matter-of -factly. "The one thing that Tony dislikes about Deeya's way of functioning is her friendliness with all and sundry. "But I think it helps me make headway where he can't" says Deeya cheerfully.

While she is busy looking after the office which she attends through the week, weekends is strictly for the kids at home. Deeya is a mother of two a five-year old daughter and a two-year old son. On the one hand she is the supporting wife and perfect foil for her reserved husband, on the other hand she is a doting and conscientious mother too. "From Friday evening to Sunday night my kids and I do everything together. Tony makes it a point to go out with the family once a week. Our kids are not kept away from the studios. They should know what their parents are doing and we are not embarrassed about our work so why should they not be exposed to the studios?" she asks.

Tony is not a male chauvinist husband either. He is happy she is working ...and happier that she is working with him. "I am luckier than the other wives who spend their whole life (and get depressed) just waiting for their husbands to come home. They don't understand that there is no time for marriages and birthdays sometimes not even for funerals when shooting is on. The pace of work is stressful in this profession but we think of everything this work has given us and we are able to deal with it. Tony and I have a better understanding because we are share the same profession. When he has had a bad day, I give him the space and he never takes off his stress by temper tantrums at home with me and the kids."

This couple doesn't have temper tantrums on the sets when they work together either. "Both of us usually know how the scene will be executed before hand as we would have worked that out. On occasions when we disagree he is willing to see my point of view. But if he is adamant then I am able to see why and understand that it did work for the better. Of course sometimes the tension on the sets does come home with me" she says candidly.

On the sets Deeya takes the back seat after the initial teething troubles are over." Once about 20 episodes are aired and things fall in line, I take the back seat and don't go on the sets everyday. Then Tony handles the shooting himself," explains Deeya.

When she is not thinking about the serial then she is thinking of bigger things in the future. "The future plans include a feature film. I am currently toying with two great subjects. We are looking to discuss the idea with a like-minded producer who would be interested in the project". With Deeya's cheerful demeanour and confident attitude that shouldn't be hard to find.

monika.goel thumbnail

Actor Abir Goswami who plays a cop in Zee's  'Jabb Love Hua'

What is your role in 'Jabb Love Hua'?
I play the rustic Bali Shukla who is also an honest police-inspector. Satyam Tripathi (ex-writer of 'Jab Love Hua') said that it was similar to Amitabh Bachchan's role in 'Bunty Aur Babli'. Moreover Bali is a terror who gets tame in front of his mother. I am paired opposite newcomer Shalini Khanna.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1025850

monika.goel thumbnail

The show's not about bedrooms or kitchens!'

Sudipto Chattopadhyay

Sunday, April 23, 2006  14:23 IST

Priya Badlani: 'Jabb Love Hua'

Director duo Tony and Deeya Singh vouch that 'Jabb Love Hua' is a tale with a difference.     

Deeya declares:We are launching a new serial after two years. The last one was 'Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin'.  It also feels great to be back with Zee.  Our last serial 'Banegi Apni Baat' with Zee created history. 'Jabb Love Hua' is not about boardrooms, bedrooms or kitchens! This is about our roots, and the bonding we should have with our native place.  Most of us have no time to visit the place from which we hail. Subsequently we tend to forget our traditions and values.

Tony's take:The concept idea came from Zee. They wanted something that would highlight the rich traditions of our country. The serial will be a walk down memory lane.The lead pair of the serial - Priya Badlani and Sudeep Sahir - were selected after many auditions.

THE PAIR
Sudeep Sahir (Raghu): This the first time I am playing the lead. In my earlier serials, 'Ayushmaan' and 'Kyun Hota Hai Pyaar', I had replaced the lead after some episodes. Since I am from Delhi, I could adopt to the native dialect used in the serial.

Priya Badlani (Aanya) I have done a lot of commercials. But this is the first time I am doing a serial. I am sure our characters will also become household names like those in Deeya and Tony's earlier serials.

The show airs tonight at  8.30 pm on Zee

monika.goel thumbnail
Zee launches dramedy 'Jabb Love Hua'

Indiantelevision.com Team

(18 April 2006 8:30 pm)

MUMBAI: Zee TV today announced the launch of its latest kid in the prime time soap block. The dramedy Jabb Love Hua will run Monday through Thursday in the 8:30 pm slot, starting 24 April.
With Jabb Love Hua, Zee TV is exploring the dramedy genre once again, after the success it had with Kareena Kareena. The serial, set in a scenic village in Uttar Pradesh, also brings back producers Tony and Deeya Singh of the DJ's Creative Unit to the Zee team after a gap.

"We have something different in Jabb Love Hua. A serial, set in a rustic backdrop, is something we don't see often, and we have explored this aspect with Jabb Love Hua," says Zee TV programming head Ashwini Yardi.

</>
Zee TV kicked off the promotional campaign for the serial today. Zee TV is exploring outdoors, radio, print and its network platform to promote the serial.