Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

seema_17 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
ooh jaya didi thanks for posting this, i simply loved his movies, my favourite is Abhimaan, that movie always makes me cry 😭
*Jaya* thumbnail
I just can't get over seeing Hrishi'da movies - I think I own most of the DVD's of all these classics if not all..

If I had to choose 15 best hindi movies of all times, for me Hrishi'da would take more than half of the slots.. Abhimaan, Anand, Mili, Chupke Chupke, Golmaal, Guddi, Anupama - you name it and its Hrishi'da all the way.. His movies were so simple, yet one could always identify with the movies so well... Was it Guddi, or Uma (in Abhimaan), or Mili - you could feel these characters, you could possibly touch them for real, you could cry with them, and you could laugh with them.. That Hrishi'da does not lend his golden touch to the movies these days is such a loss for all of us Edited by jayc1234 - 18 years ago
seema_17 thumbnail
soo tru didi, i especially remember from guddi, the way he portrayed guddi in that movie, it was soo sweet
*Jaya* thumbnail

Originally posted by: seema_17

ooh jaya didi thanks for posting this, i simply loved his movies, my favourite is Abhimaan, that movie always makes me cry 😭

Seema - Abhimaan is my favourite as well - Abhiman and Anand, make me cry whenever I watch these classics, and believe me I will volunteer 1000 times to cry for these gems

*Jaya* thumbnail

Originally posted by: charades

Thanks Jaya.....almost all his movies I have watched more than thrice until now....Now that you have reminded. Atleast will watch all of them once 😆

Vijay - I know, enjoy these classics.. I could watch them ever and ever again.... And the songs, omg - could listen again and again and again

seema_17 thumbnail
omg jaya didi, i simple love the song tere mere milan ki yeh raina, i kno there r other good songs, but i just can't get over that one song
deepboy thumbnail
Anand is also one of my favourites.
seema_17 thumbnail
yeah i cried a lot in the end of anand too... they just made the whole movie so emotional
soulsoup thumbnail
Thanks Jaya - great topic and great posts!
I believe Directors play a great part in good film music! From Satayjit Ray to Sanjay leela Bansali – examples are everywhere!
And Hrishikesh Mukherjee is one of the legend behind great film based song.

I miss his simplistic down to earth movies!
Edited by soulsoup - 18 years ago
rocker1 thumbnail
Hindi Song Title: Tere Mere Milan Ki Ye Raina
Hindi Movie/Album Name:
ABHIMAAN
Singer(s): KISHORE KUMAR & LATA MANGESHKAR

Hindi Lyrics: Tere Mere Milan Ki Ye Raina
Naya Koi Gul Khilayegi
Tabhi To Chanchal Hain Tere Naina
Dekho Na
Dekho Na, Tere Mere Milan Ki Ye Raina

Nanha Sa Gul Khilega Angna
Sooni Bainyaan Sajegi Sajna
Jaise Khele Chanda Baadal Mein
Khelega Vo Tere Aanchal Mein
Chandaniya Gungunayegi
Tabhi To Chanchal Hain Tere Naina, Dekho Naa...

Tujhe Thaame Kai Haathon Se
Miloonga Madbhari Raaton Mein
Jagake Ansuni Si Dhadkan
Balamvaa Bhar Doongi Tera Man
Nayi Ada Se Satayegi
Tabhi To Chanchal Hain Tere Naina, Dekho Naa...