Dohraha: Tale of Crossroads:Update&Note Pg 22 6/9

jenny159 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Here it goes...this is going to be my attempt on Story-telling...you'll be the judges if this continues or not..*SMILES IN NERVOUSNESS...*

~~Dohraha: Tale of Crossroads~~

Meaning: The word "Dohraha" means an intersection in literal terms...in my connotation for this story it is what the characters will be dealing with...the crossroads that fate has planned for them and what choices their destiny will lead them to.

INDEX

(Credit goes to: Ramani)

Blizzard, Caffeine, and Ajnabis' - Page 1

Character Sketch - Page 2

Burberry, Maroon Sari, and White Lilies - Page 2

Welcomes, Sugar Cookies, and Condolences' - Page 3

Writer's Acknowledgements - Page 5

Dinner, Wishes, and Uncertainties' - Page 5

Memories, Mornings, and Mrs. Malik - Page 7

Psychology, Museums, and Personalities - Page 7

Tie, Black, and Beyond' - Page 8

An Open Bar, Reluctance, and Sightings' - Page 9

Cold, Haste, and Encounters - Page 10

Pre-School, Mentalist, and Future Meetings - Page 11

Realities, Afternoons, and Espresso Macchiato - Page 12

Distances, Pretense, and Disclosure -- Pg 13

"Blizzard, Caffeine, and Ajnabis' "

"Yes, Of course Mr. Forbes...we'll have that session...yeah, I'll be in my clinic early in the morning...you too..Take care..!" He disconnects his Bluetooth from his left ear and then glances down at his Cartier, it's almost noon' New York City is in the middle of its worst blizzard ever and the whole city seems to have just shut down. No-one could get in or out of the city especially by plane. He should've been on his way to his conference in Cincinnati for this afternoon, but instead he is stuck in the Airline's business class lounge at JFK.

He goes through his emails and appointments on his IPad...everything is planned accordingly...it has to be after all he is a clinical psychologist...an expert in reading people, their thoughts, their views both grey and pure...he is good at counseling and talking out their fears and inhibitions...he is a good professional; no not just good, an exemplary professional would be more accurate...his established private practice is proof enough of how good he is at his job...how faultless he is in his line of work.

The business class lounge is filled with lone passengers...mostly with people who have work and places to get to, but are stuck like him...he gets up without really looking around any further, disinterested and least bothered about the people around him...he steps up to the nearest caffeine source he sees...he needs to be awake and functioning...And the business class has its perks...

"House blend is fine...No sugar...and no creme...half please...Thanks'" He takes the tallest cup that is offered for his order, pays for it, and turns...walks a few steps...stops...and observes.

"Hello...hello...helloo'"

"The service phones are out...'"

"Oh..!"

There was no particular reason that had stopped him to inform her that...he wasn't bothered by the change clanking in the metal box that she kept sliding in...he isn't bothered by her relentless slamming... or her attempts at the dial over and over again...he didn't care...his only concern is about the way she is dressed...he had stopped in his tracks upon recognition of what his mind could picture as a traditional Indian bride...there is no heavy attire involved or such but what she had on would be considered quite elaborate for an airport...and completely inappropriate for being stuck in the middle of a blizzard at JFK...The whole nine yards of jewelry as well, especially the things that adorned her wrists...they looked wretchedly painful to put on...too many bracelets...no wait..Bangles or "chooriyaan"'specifically the bounded dark maroon one for brides is known as "choodha, he couldn't believe he is able to recall so much...Anyways, he begins to walk away'

"Excuse me'"

He isn't listening...and sees no reason why the inappropriately dressed stranger bride would call after him...he walks on...

"Excuse me..." The voice follows him...he stops...he has to eventually.

"Are you...Indian...?"

"From New York..."

"Oh..!...I...can I...umm...use your phone...?'"

"App business class travel kar rahi hain'?"

"App hindi jaante hain'?"

"Issi Airline se travel kar rahi hain...?" He either finds her question out of importance or he just doesn't really care for her inquiry and so he retorts with his own.

"Nahi... voh phone...phone karnay aayi thi iss lounge se...'"

"Here is the phone...'"

He hands over his IPhone after unlocking the screen...she takes it with hesitant hands, not looking him in the eye...dials the number...he moves away with his coffee...damns the blizzard and JFK's crowdedness...Her conversation is distant...he doesn't really hear it and he has no desire to...she approaches him again...

"Thank You...meray husb'"

"I don't really need the details...app ko phone chahiyay tha...and I had it.."

He walks away without ever turning back or stopping...she looks on feeling strange...but, isn't that what she is'? A stranger to him, an Ajnabi...and to her husband of a year who she will see for the first time since their wedding which took place under some odd circumstances at her small house back in Delhi..Upon completion of initial paperwork and waiting period for immigration to States she is finally here...it should explain why she is dressed the way she is...it should suffice for the strangeness.

**If this is bareable and appealing, only then there will be a Character Sketch for you...**
I am VERY doubtful...will wait the response i get...
-Jenny
Edited by jenny159 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IF_rida thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
its really gud

very interesting and very appealing jenny

plz do continue and update soon.
destinylove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Jenny I like it very much do continue 😊
RB81 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
jenny awesome..
i like the diction u r giving..
continue soon..
janavi07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Jenny nice yaar...
please continue...😛
snigdhanagar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hey jenny grt update...👏👏
khanak already married...😲
wana knw wht will hpp nxt...so update soonnn...😉
sharon18 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey Jenny😊
Ur FF looks interesting...
Plz do continue soon...
waiting for ur future updates😊
jenny159 thumbnail
Working on Character Sketch and graphics for it...will be up soon...i am getting positive vibes so far and so i will go on...you girls can discuss/suggest/criticize all about it...

@snigdhanagar...Yes she is already married...Character Sketch will give you more details...

BTW, how are you girls taking Shaantanu's character...?? Anything you would like to share...by far i have had to put in a lot of thought in to his character...very unlike RBO's Shaantanu... KT would so rock out this monotone character...something hatke...
angelic_leena_3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
wow jenny..it's awesome..😃it's like i am watching a movie..😍plz update soon..
jenny159 thumbnail

Cast Sketch for Dohraha

Shaantanu Sachdev

Karan Tacker as Shaantanu Sachdev: He is an expert at his profession as a Clinical Psychologist with his own private practice up and running in Manhattan...his success, social standing, and affluence is earned solely on the merit and on his independent hard work…He is married to Raina and is a young father to their beautiful daughter Darya who is three and a half years old…

Raina (Oberai) Sachdev

Rucha Gujrati as Raina (Oberai) Sachdev: She is a vibrant young woman who is proud of her individuality and womanhood…on professional grounds she is an Art Curator for Manhattan's upper east side Art Museums…She loves her work as it compliments her expressive personality…She is a contemporary wife and a sweet mother…Shaantanu and her share a significant age difference of 5 and a half years…

Darya Shaantanu Sachdev

Saara as Darya Shaantanu Sachdev: Daughter of Shaantanu and Jeevika who is three and a half years old…she is the apple of her Daady's eyes and her Mama's honey bunch. Loves ice-cream, hates chocolate, loves cats, hates dogs, and aspires to be a princess once she is all grown up…her Daddy encourages on that aspiration, but Mama differs in her opinion…and several other things.

Khanak (Goyal) Malik

Yashashri Masurkar as Khanak (Goyal) Malik: She suffered through the loss of her father at a very young age and then recently her mother as well, but she holds a lot of composure in her personality despite such hardships. Her persona comprises of a very strong value system that her eastern bringing has rooted in her. Submissive quality of her nature is not be mistaken with blind obedience. Her professional ambitions are very simplistic in the sense that she considers an educator's profession closest to her heart because her own father was one. She has got both her Master's in Education and her bachelor's in Analytical Mathematics from Delhi; her achievements in life are a result of her own credibility and intelligence.

Armaan Malik

Karan Singh Grover as Armaan Malik: He is the only son of Yuvraaj Malik who is a self-made and a well established entrepreneur in New York City. Armaan has pursued his father's prestige on his own will and he loves the rewarding lifestyle that comes from it. He has graduated with a degree in Business Administration and Marketing from Cornell two years back and has already made progress in his social standing by making appearances on the front cover of elite magazines covering young and successful men from NYC. He loves and honors his father immensely as he is only parent he ever had…his marriage to Khanak was on his father's will but he is not dramatic or bitter about that decision…life beckons and he is sensible enough to realize that much. His personality is of a contemporary charmer with a great sense of humor, positivity, care, and passion. Armaan Malik is the knight in shining armor of the 21st century to sum it all up…but he is not perfect..nobody is. 
Edited by jenny159 - 12 years ago