Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

120shal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

The Wooden Bowl

A frail old man went to live with his son, daughter-in-law, and a four-year old grandson. The old man's hands trembled, his eyesight was blurred, and his step faltered. The family ate together nightly at the dinner table. But the elderly grandfather's shaky hands and failing sight made eating rather difficult. Peas rolled off his spoon onto the floor. When he grasped the glass often milk spilled on the tablecloth. 

The son and daughter-in-law became irritated with the mess. "We must do something about this old man. I've had enough of his spilled milk, noisy eating, and food on the floor.", said the son. So the husband and wife set a small table in the corner. There, grandfather ate alone while the rest of the family enjoyed dinner at the dinner table. Since grandfather had broken a dish or two, his food was served in a wooden bowl. Sometimes when the family glanced in grandfather's direction, he had a tear in his eye as he ate alone. Still, the only words the couple had for him were sharp admonitions when he dropped a fork or spilled food. The four-year-old watched it all in silence. 

One evening before supper, the father noticed his son playing with wood scraps on the floor. He asked the child sweetly, "What are you making?" Just as sweetly, the boy responded, "Oh, I am making a little bowl for you and mama to eat your food from when I grow up." The four-year-old smiled and went back to work. The words so struck the parents that they were speechless. Then tears started to stream down their cheeks. Though no word was spoken, both knew what must be done. That evening the husband took grandfather's hand and gently led him back to the family table. 

For the remainder of his days he ate every meal with the family. And for some reason, neither husband nor wife seemed to care any longer when a fork was dropped, milk spilled, or the tablecloth soiled. Children are remarkably perceptive. Their eyes ever observe, their ears ever listen, and their minds ever process the messages they absorb. If they see us patiently provide a happy home atmosphere for family members, they will imitate that attitude for the rest of their lives. The wise parent realizes that every day that building blocks are being laid for the child's future. 

Let us all be wise builders and role models. Take care of yourself and those you love today and everyday!
120shal thumbnail

Value

A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?"

Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this." He proceeded to fold the dollar bill.

He then asked, "Who still wants it?". Still the hands were up in the air.

"Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty. "Now who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air.

"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20." 

Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way.

We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. You are special - Don't ever forget it!
120shal thumbnail

Dream

By Shuchi Gupta
I hope this story encourages you in times when your dreams seem far away, or, when you are not able to believe any words of encouragement deep in your heart. 

I was doing a diploma course. When the course ended, placements started. The first company came and I was not selected. My roommate got selected though. I felt good for her, but miserable myself because I started thinking that I'm not worth anything good. I'm worthless. My room mate had not come in until dark and I was feeling so miserable that I did not even want to enter the room we shared because I had memories of both of us studying in it all through the course.

I felt so miserable that I found myself crying standing on the road talking to one of my classmates, unable to control my tears. When my roommate came, she consoled me, said all the words to encourage me, pointed out the mistakes I had made in the interview so that I would do better the next day. She made me gather strength for the next set of companies that were scheduled to come the next day. 

She went to bed, saying that I should wake her up if I wanted to know something about the topics we had to study for the interview. After she went to sleep, I started saying to myself half-heartedly, "Tomorrow is MY day. The company cannot go without selecting me. I will get myself selected tomorrow." I did not feel this from deep inside but I kept on saying this the whole night, probably in my sleep too, and in the morning until I faced my interview. 

It went ok, not too good. Still I kept on saying these one-liners to myself but now there was a difference. I found a little belief started growing that "It actually IS my day" and now it was not half-heartedly that I said all that, I started to believe it. I was so charged up by this time by my growing belief that I found myself totally at ease and confident of selection that I found myself singing with my class-mates while people were going through the interview in their respective turns. 

I went through the last stage of selection, which went quite well. In the evening when the results were announced I was not selected. I went home thinking that something is wrong, this was not possible. I was not in the mood to read the topics for the interview next day with some other company. 

Morning came and I sat for another written exam for the first company, still thinking about what had happened yesterday. Before sitting for the exam, I was crying when one of my classmates tried to console me that I should not worry, everything will be fine. They gave the exam and it went bad. 

I came out of the room and one student told me that our head of the placements was searching for me. I went to his cabin and he congratulated me saying, "You have been selected by the company that came yesterday". I couldn't believe it. I found myself saying, "I knew this had to happen". My heart said to me, "See! I told you, you could do it. Just believe in yourself!" 

My belief eventually had made me achieve what I was wishing for. Then at that point I remembered that I had an intuition that I would get selected by this company when they had come to give their pre-placement talks. 

So if you have a dream then just believe that you can achieve it no matter what. Even when you can't feel deep in your heart any words of encouragement, just believe in your dream and your heart will finally show you the way. And believe that there is God who sees us every moment. Believe in intuitions and gut feelings for they are voices of your sub-conscious mind. 
120shal thumbnail

Miracle by Chance

This is a 'true story' about how I met my husband on a dating site on the Internet. As unbelievable as it is, the story shows a truly amazing role of fate and destiny!

I used to hang out at a country bar called the Club Palomino. I loved listening to good bands there, and dancing to their country rock music. I used to drag my friend out to see my favourite band playing called Cheyenne, who were amazing and always packed the place. My friend and I used to get up and dance to their songs. I was interested in the rhythm guitar player in the band. To me, he was the best looking one, and I loved his voice along with his rhythm guitar sound. Yes, I had the 'hots' for him and would goggle eye him playing his guitar/singing while I was on the dance floor, or just standing at the bar listening and staring. I've always had this thing for bands as I play guitar too, and always wanted to play in a band. They played there for a long time and were the best band at the Club Palomino. I would go there as much as I could just to hear them play, and of course, always watching my favourite player. The sad part about it was I used to see him with a blonde girl, not knowing if she was his girlfriend or wife.

After seeing them playing there for a long time, the Club Palomino closed down and had been sold. Wouldn't you know it, a huge townhouse sub-division was put up and the club was gone. So were all the bands and my favourite band, Cheyenne.

When I first found out about the club closing down, I wanted to approach Cheyenne; particularly the rhythm guitar player and ask where they would be playing in the future. But I didn't have enough courage to do that. I guess things happen for a reason.

15 YEARS LATER

As time went on I met someone and got married. That was a mistake. Eventually we got a divorce. I started going out to bars again, got tired of it, and not meeting anyone decent enough. I wasn't crazy about the bands playing at other bars either. Later, a friend told me to join a particular dating site on the Internet, which I thought I would never do. But, I thought I would check it out for fun as I heard so much about it through people even meeting their soul mates from that site. Surprisingly enough, I had a few dates, meeting in public places, but just didn't find the right one and thought I never would from a dating site. I sort of gave up on it until one night after getting home from a bar, which I hated, I went on my computer. For some reason I logged in that site again which I was really glad I did. I got an interesting email from a guy and liked his picture. I was also touched by his email and that he was also interested in my picture and profile.

From then on we started emailing each other quite a lot from that site. We seemed to have so much in common through our emails. We continued writing and eventually got on MSN, and chatted for quite some time. He was Bulgarian and I was Hungarian, how common was that! We discovered from our MSN chats that we had so much in common. It was really amazing. Our families even lived in the same town of all places. We chatted every night as often as we could.

And then, a miracle happened! We started chatting on our computers about music. Wow! We also liked all the same music and we both wrote songs. I told him I liked country music and used to frequent a particular bar about 15 years ago, which had closed down. Of course he asked me the name of the bar back then. I told him the Club Palomino. He was really surprised and told me he used to play there. I wasn't sure whether to believe him or not! He said he would send me a picture of his band that played there. I thought, 'yeah right' to myself as I waited patiently in front of my computer for the picture. Lo and behold, a huge picture came up on my screen: CHEYENNE, CLUB PALOMINO. I freaked! I couldn't believe it! It was him in the picture with Cheyenne . The guy I was interested in who was the rhythm guitar player in my favourite band. I was so shocked that I went crazy seeing this picture! It was just unbelievable! Like a miracle happened suddenly! Like a fairy tale! We carried on chatting every moment we had for some time, and eventually he gave me his phone number. We started talking on the phone every night. It was just amazing all the things we had in common about everything! Yes, it was too good to be true!

After about three weeks of talking on the phone every night, chatting on the computer and exchanging pictures, we decided to meet. I was brave enough for him to pick me up at my mother's place as I developed this trust in him, by his voice and his honesty. I met him downstairs in front of my mother's apartment building. He got out of his car, and the first thing we did was look at each other and started laughing and laughing like crazy, and couldn't stop laughing! He took me to the local Canadian Legion where we talked, had a drink together (still laughing) and we got more acquainted. Eventually we went into another room and sat down at a table. After a while, he asked me if I didn't mind if he got up on stage to do a solo. Hey, a man singing with his guitar was like being in heaven. He got up on stage and started playing his guitar and singing in front of an audience. That did it for me. I was hooked! And the guy I admired 15 years ago was performing in front of my eyes, and, was my date! I was in heaven!

We dated for about two years and it was absolutely wonderful. Eventually we bought a condo. Then, the final surprise! After moving into our condo, we looked out the window and to our astonishment what did we see? The office building of the dating site we joined, of all things! What a coincidence that was! We have been together since 2003, playing music, and still laughing! We are just two peas in a pod!

He met my friend who I was with at the Club Palomino 15 years ago, and he also remembered seeing us dancing while his band Cheyenne played. He also remembered me standing at the bar at times. I used to watch him go to the bar for his coffee and I know our eyes met each other's at that time. It sure is strange crossing one another's paths some 15 years ago—and now, being together in a different time in the future, and remembering!

And by the way, that blonde girl he was with at the Club Palomino, was the girl he eventually married which lasted eight years. He went through a brutal divorce. He did tell me that when I first saw him at the Club Palomino 15 years ago, that I should have approached him and told him she was 'bad news'. It's funny how life is, it just wasn't meant to be back then.

Fate brought us together. We met our 'soul mates'! We got married on Nov. 21, 2009.

120shal thumbnail

Nice story 

Rani was a very good girl. She came to school without any leave and she would come at the right time without delay. She was very good in studies also. She was from a middle class family. Her father was running a small stationery shop. Rani with her parents lived a comfortable life without financial problems. 

Rekha was also very good in studies. But she was very famous for coming late to school. Many times she got scoldings and beatings from the teacher as punishment for coming late. But still she was coming late everyday saying some silly reasons. Her teacher liked her very much because she was very good in studies and also very obedient inside the classroom. But, the teacher shouted and warned her to let the other students know the consequences of coming late. Rekha lost her father when she was one year old. She had some problem in her legs and She was not able to walk easily like her friends. Her mother did household works in few houses and paid the school fees of her daughter. 

Rani and Rekha studied together in the fifth Standard. They had been very good friends from the beginning of their school life. One day their teacher said, "School sports day is going to happen tomorrow. Prizes will be distributed for the people who had won in the various sports categories. And this time I am going to introduce a special award. You can see a blackboard near the door of our class tomorrow. Student who is coming first to the class should write their name on that board. That student will get the special award."

Rani told Rekha,"Hey, come early tomorrow and write your name in the board. I want you to get that special award. Just one day. Come early and get that award. Teacher and your mother will be very happy if you get that award."

Rekha told,"Sorry! I will come late as usual. My mother is doing household works in few houses and she is not able to manage all the works alone. And hence I am going with her in the morning and helping her. This is the only help I can do to my mother. And I would have my food there itself. Then, I will come to school. This is the reason for coming late everyday." Then, they walked towards their homes.

Sports day function started on the next day. Chief Guest distributed prizes to the students who had won in various sports categories. Rani got two awards, one for winning the running race and another for winning the high jump competition. After distributing all the prizes, principal was asked to deliver the thanks speech. At that time, the teacher ran towards the principal and said about the special award she had announced yesterday. Then, the principal invited the chief guest to distribute that special award.

Teacher announced, "I announced a special award yesterday to my class students. According to that, student who is coming first should write their name in the blackboard and they will get that special award. That special award goes to Rekha".
All students shouted and gave a standing ovation to Rekha. Everyone looked very surprised since Rekha is a notorious girl for coming late. All students turned their heads on all sides to see Rekha coming to the stage. But she was not there. Rekha is rushing towards the function area carrying the bag in her shoulder.

Rani ran towards Rekha and said teacher called her name to collect the special award. Rekha told,"I have just entered the school. How could teacher called my name to collect the award. It's not possible at all". Rani forced Rekha to collect the award. She tried running fast towards the stage to collect the award. Since she had some problem with her legs, she struggled to run fast. She collected the award with thundering applause of the other students.

Rekha came late to the class in the next day as usual. Teacher asked Rekha,"Everyday you are coming very late to the school. Yesterday also you came late. Then how did your name come in the blackboard?". Rekha said,"I didn't write my name in the board teacher. I accept that I came late yesterday. I don't know how my name came there".
Teacher said,"Who wrote Rekha's name in the board. If you are not saying, I will find it out. If I find it, I will give TC to that student and send out of the school"

Rani accepted she had wrote the name of Rekha in the blackboard. Teacher asked the reason for doing this malpractice. Rani said,"Every year I am getting awards in the sports day function. But Rekha is unable to take part in the competition itself due to problem in her legs. I felt very bad about that. I wanted her to get awards so that her mother will feel proud about her. I know she cannot come early and write the name on the black board. So, I came early and wrote her name. My friend got the award and she told her mother praised her very much after seeing that award. I am very happy now. This is what I wanted. I will happily accept the punishment which you are going to give me.

Her teacher became very emotional after she heard the reason from Rani. She was not able to give any punishment to Rani. She asked Rani to go and sit in her place. This is the thought which came in teacher's mind,"In this age itself, this girl is giving this much importance to friendsip and feelings. It's very surprising and I am feeling proud to be her teacher. Rekha is a very lucky girl to get a friend like Rani. Their friendship should continue forever".

120shal thumbnail

It's all Love! Even after Death!! 

Today January 4, 2009
It is a beautiful bungalow in Chennai - Anna Nagar. Rani is checking her emails over her newly purchased Nokia Mobile phone. She suddenly got a phone call which sounded, "Rani, Ra..Ra..Ra..Ramu ate sleeping pills and died" and the voice continued crying. Rani got shocked. Rani is 23 year old, tall and slim girl with beautiful curly hair and attractive eyes. Her nails properly groomed and she wore multi-colored bangles in her left wrist and a beautiful Rolex watch in her right hand. On hearing the death of Ramu, she was not able to control her emotions and she started to cry out loud.

She screamed, cried and slapped herself; she was unable to control her grief and sorrow.

Rani ran out of her house and started running on the busy Anna Nagar South Main Road. She wanted to see Ramu for the last time. Finally she hired an auto-rickshaw and reached Ramu's house in Adyar. Ramu's is a compact house located in the interior of Adyar. She cried hard in front of his dead body. Nobody is able to console Rani or stop her crying. After few hours, Ramu's friends took his corpse to the funeral land. Rani wanted to come to the funeral area, but Ramu's friends declined her request; there is a tradition in India that ladies should never come to the funeral place. They performed the last rites and prayed for the peace and came out of the funeral area.

Rani was trying hard to get over the feelings of Ramu, but she couldn't. She tried working late at work, listening to songs, browse through lot of books, magazines and novels, roam around the city all alone, etc., but nothing worked out. Days went by. One day suddenly Rani's phone was ringing. She picked up and said "Hello, This is Rani" and she got shocked to hear the conversation from the other end which said "Hi Rani, how r u? I am Ramu". 

Hearing Ramu's voice, Rani became shocked and frightened, she didn't know how to react. Ramu was dead few weeks back and how come she is able to hear his voice over phone now. Her body started shivering. Ramu continued talking in phone,"On that day, I was very happy to see you in my home. But you cried a lot and that made me cry. I was unable to control me crying and shouted like a crazy man to let out my feelings. But you or anybody else around were not able to hear my voice. I did not understand what is happening. 

After around an hour, two guys who were dressed like king's servants in old tamil movies took me to some place and they told the name of the place is hell. They made me to stand in front of a tall, dark, gigantic well-built man whose face was very violent. He wanted all the information about my life from one of his assistant. The assistant started explaining him about my life and the Good things and Sins which I committed in my life till now. I did not understand what was going on. It was at that point of time when the assistant explained that I committed a big sin by doing suicide, I realized I was dead"...loud cry continues...

"He wrote the judgement that I should be in hell for ten years. After ten years, they would consider transferring me to heaven after seeing my performance in the hell. I understood completely that I am dead already and no more a living person. Then I understood why you cried when you saw me sleeping in my home. I thought it was a dream. My bad time, it is real and I am in hell now. My boss in hell is coming by. I will talk later. Take Care Rani." and the line got disconnected.

After Ramu cut the call, Rani cried out loud and started to think about her past days with Ramu. Mind is the only vehicle which travels very fast than any other thing in the world. Rani was doing her third year Engineering in Instrumentation and Control Engineering in a college on the outskirts of Chennai. On that day, Rani was going to her college in city bus. In city buses in Chennai, it is a habit of the guys who were hanging in the foot-board of the jam packed buses to give their books/bags to somebody who is sitting by the window side of the bus near the door steps. 

On that day, a tall handsome guy named Ramu who looked to be around 23 years of age gave his notebooks to Rani who was sitting in the seat nearby the back door in the bus. Rani collected his books and kept them with her safely. There is an other guy passenger in the bus who stood near Ramu in the second door step asked ramu,"Please give way, I have to get down in the coming signal." It is a bad culture here in Chennai that people get down from the bus even at Signals which is very risky and can cost his/her life. 

The bus was jam packed; Ramu was not able to give way to the other person. Ramu decided to get down from the bus for a second and let the other person get down. He stepped down the bus; unfortunately the bus started moving. There was severe traffic on the road; all vehicles started to move fast. Ramu shouted the other guy, "Get down fast, bus is moving!!!". Atlast the other guy got down the bus. By that time, bus started to move fast. Ramu ran hard to catch the bus as this is his last bus to college and leaving the bus could cost his one day absence in college. 

Bus started to move really fast. People in the bus shouted at Ramu to leave the bus as it seemed practically impossible to catch the bus at that speed. Ramu ran very fast. Atlast he tried to step into the bus. Unfortunately his leg slipped and he fell down. People got shocked. It looked like he had a severe crashed bones in his legs and he tried to get up, but an uncontrollable water lorry which came very fast smashed him hard. Blood started to peep out of his head and almost all parts of his body and he fell unconscious. 

People in the bus and on the road got shocked of the incident. Both the water lorry and the bus stopped. People around figured out that the drunken lorry driver was responsible for this tragedy. Lorry driver was arrested by the traffic police for driving at a very high uncontrollable speed. Few of the people in the bus took the heavily injured Ramu to the hospital. Ramu was taken to the hospital. Traffic was cleared and the bus started moving, after all, these incidents are not new for Chennai roads. 

Since the bus was jam packed, Rani didn't realize who fell from the bus. Rani had to get down at the last stop. Her stop came and there were only few people who got ready to get down from bus. But no one came to collect the book. She thought of handing over the books to Bus conductor so that if the book owner gets into bus the next day, he can get it from the conductor. She casually opened the book. A blue-colored hand-written name "Ramu" was written in the book. Also in the last page, she found a Chennai mobile number. 

But there is no name associated to the mobile number, so she couldn't conclude it is the mobile number of the person who gave the book to her. She thought for a moment,"Mobile number is here. So there are two possibilities. It should be Ramu's number or any of his friend's number. In both the case, I can hand over the books". She called the mobile number which was written on the last page of the book. 

She heard a male voice in the phone,"Hello"

"Hello, Can I speak to Ramu?", Rani asked.

"This is Ramu's friend. He is in hospital. I just came home to take lunch for him", said Ramu's friend.

Rani got shocked and asked, "What happened to him?"

The guy said, "He met with an accident. He got injured very badly. He had many fractures in his body. He is in ICU. Doctors said he will get the consciousness probably in a day or two"

Rani replied, "Oh. Sorry. Take Care of him. I will pray for his speedy recovery. He missed his books in the bus. I have those books with me. Thats why I called you"

The guy said, "Give your phone number. I will collect the books from you"

At that moment, suddenly a thought came in her mind,'Can I see him in the hospital and hand over the book?'. That was strange. Ramu was an unknown person and there was no need of meeting him in hospital since she can hand over the book to any of Ramu's friends. But somehow she thought that she would meet him and hand over the book. She doesn't know why she thought like that. Atlast she decided to go with her thought.

Rani asked, "In which hospital he got admitted? I will come to hospital and give the book. May I know how you are related to Ramu?"

The guy replied, "Bharath Hospital. I am his friend"

Rani said, "Ok. I will see your friend in hospital tomorrow. Bye. Take Care"

The guy said, "Thanks. Bye". The call got disconnected.

While talking over phone, she just forgot that she had exams scheduled for next two days. She decided that she will visit Ramu after finishing the exams. She started preparing for the exams. She was unable to concentrate on her studies but she somehow managed to write both the exams well as she had already done enough preparation. She just revised few portions which helped her do the exams well.

After two days, she got ready to go the hospital and handover the books to Ramu. He went inside the hospital and enquired the receptionist about Ramu's ward number. After getting the ward number, she started to walk towards the room. She saw few guys standing outside the room and she guessed it should be Ramu's friends. She was a bit happy to see that the ward is non-ICU and started to enquire with the guys over there regarding Ramu's health. She was happy to hear that Ramu got out of danger stage and hence he was moved to the ordinary ward. One of the guys said, "Ramu got his consciousness. Yesterday he asked me about his book and I told him the books are safe. He felt happy. You can go meet him now. He will be very happy to get his books back and to know that good people like you are still living in this world", Ramu's friend said. 

Rani entered the room. Ramu saw Rani walking towards him. He didn't move her eyes from her. He is awe-struck. He saw a spark on her bright face. For a moment, he just thought he should see her beautiful face throughout his life. He got really amazed in her beauty. He couldn't talk as he is stunned at her beauty. "Is this called love at First Sight?", Ramu asked himself. Rani came near Ramu with tensed feel since she saw a heavily injured man in bed with only some part of his face visible to her. She was not able to speak anything as she felt tensed. She gave the book to Ramu and asked him to take care of the health. 

Ramu said,"Thanks a lot. I am feeling happy to see my books back. If you don't mind, may I know your name?". 

"I am Rani. Few days back, you gave my book in the bus and you didn't get it back." 

"Oh. That was the unforgettable day in my life. I met with an accident that day. A Lorry smashed me."

"I know a accident took place on that day. Only later I realized the injured person is you. I did hear many people said you will die for sure as you got severe injury and lost consciousness. Your self-confidence saved your life!!!"

"Thanks to few people who admitted me in hospital at right time. Even though that day happened to be a bad day for me, one good thing happened on that day"

"What is that?"

"I gave my books to you on that day and that is why I am able to meet you now. Its my pleasure meeting you!!!"

"It's my duty to give the books to you. Ok. I have to go to college. You take care of your health. Get well soon!!!"

"Bye. Thank you"

For the next few days till Ramu got discharged, Rani visited the hospital whenever she got time. 

One day, Rani said, "For the past twenty days, I am coming to see you. But I could not meet your parents. Where are they? I want to meet them too"

There a one minute pause and then Ramu started, "Mother died when I was 10 and my Father died when I was 20."

Rani felt sad and continued..."Oh. Very Sorry. I shouldn't have asked you that question. Really Sorry"

"It's Ok, Rani. Even if you wouldn't have asked, I would have said that. After my father left me, I became helpless and I was unable to continue my college due to financial problem. My father worked as a labour in Chennai Port. When my father was alive, we didn't get any problem for essential needs or for my college fees, but we were not able to make any savings from his income. Right after his death, I came to the middle of the road without having shelter/food. Luckily, my friends helped me in arranging my stay and my fees as well. I completed my graduation and got placed in Indian Bank. Now I am in a decent position in this society. Without my friends, I would not have achieved this. They are my parents, they are my well wishers, they are everything for me!. I will never forget them at any time in my life!"

"You had really worked hard and suffered a lot to get to this position. You really respect your friends and your friendship. I am very happy to be your friend"

Ramu said to himself, "You are not only my friend Rani, you are my future". But he didn't speak out anything and kept silent.

"You said you are working in bank. Why did you have books at that day?"

"I am doing my part time MBA in Madras University. I have my classes on Saturday and Sunday."

"Great. When are you going to discharge from the hospital?"

"Doctor said it will be in couple of days"

"Oh. Good. All the best. See you later. Bye. Take Care."

After few days, Ramu got discharged from the hospital. He became fit and started going to office in weekdays and to college over weekends. Ramu and Rani met once in a week and their relationship became very strong. They discussed about sports, politics, world news and many other topics except Love. Days passed by. Their friendship turned one year old. Ramu fell in love with Rani at the very moment when he saw her for the first time in the hospital. For the past one year, he was living with that love feeling and on few occasions he tried to know whether Rani had similar kind of feeling for him. Since no one can really find what's really going on in a girl's mind, he failed in all his attempts. 

Ramu thought, "She is talking very comfortably. We are sharing all our daily happenings, future plans, etc. I feel very glad talking with her. I think she is also feeling the same. That's why we had been in such a good friendship for past one year. But how can I find whether she is loving me. God!!! Please help me figure out this."

Finally he decided to propose his love in a different way. Both of them had the habit of reading books. Ramu was a member in a near-by library. He used to give Rani those books which he found really interesting. One day, she took a piece of paper and wrote, "Rani, I am in love with you from the very moment when I saw you in the hospital an year back. I want to marry you and be with you forever. I will be very happy if you accept my love. If you don't like this, please ignore this; please do not talk to me on anything about this further so that at least our friendship will continue for our life"

He kept the paper in the book and gave the book to Rani and said, "I liked this book. Hope you will like it." Ramu went back home. He was very nervous and waiting for Rani's response.

Few days later, Rani called Ramu to collect the book from her. She said, "Yeah. I also liked the book. It's very patriotic and every person should read this. Hats off to the author!!"

Ramu took the book and went to his home. Ramu thought "She seem to be very much normal. So may be she is not interested in my proposal."

Ramu opened the book and searched for the paper which he kept. He got the paper. Below his words, Rani wrote, "Stupid!! Why did you wait for one year?? I am just waiting for this to happen for a long time. Finally you did! Thanks. I Love You!!!"

Ramu was overjoyed and it seemed liked he was the happiest person in the world. Ramu wanted to go to dreamland and sing a song with his girl. But this is not a movie!!! Ramu felt very happy and he thanked God for sending such an angel to his life, "You took back my father and mother. But you gave both of them to me in the form of Rani. Thanks God!!! I love Rani. I love Rani." He cried in joy. His friends heard him and came to his room. They never saw Ramu being so happy like this. They congratulated Ramu and wished him a great married life with Rani.

The next day, both Ramu and Rani felt bit tensed when they were going to their usual meeting place. Because for the last one year, their relationship was just friendship. But now, they got promoted as lovers.

"Rani, I am very happy after seeing your words in my paper. Thanks a lot. If I had known earlier about your interest in me, I would have proposed you much earlier. No problem. We spent one year as friends. We know each other very well. We have to marry soon to start our relationship as husband and wife. I don't have parents so I do not need to convince my family on our love. Will your parents accept our love?"

Rani said, "I think they will accept. They won't do anything without my approval. So, I will start our topic soon with my parents and get their permission."

"That's good. We don't want to be ordinary lovers saying 'I Love You', 'I Love you' each and every second. Our true love is in our heart. So, there is no need of saying it every moment. We should prove our love by living a successful happy married life. Am I Right Rani?"

"You are absolutely right. That is exactly what I thought about. You always speak what I think, thats why I like you."

Ramu asked in a low voice, "Rani. I don't have parents. I don't have anyone in this world to take care of me except my friends and you. If your parents are not accepting our love saying I am an orphan without my parents, What will you do?

Rani replied, "It wont happen for sure. If that happens, I will say Good bye to my parents and come with you"

Ramu said, "Thank you Rani. Let's Hope our marriage happens with the consent of your parents. Good luck for us!"

"Ok Ramu. It's time to leave. See you tomorrow"

"Bye. Take Care"

Days passed by. 6 months went quickly after they proposed their love. Ramu asked Rani to talk to her parents and get their approval. Rani spoke to her parents. 

One day morning, Ramu got a phone call from Rani. She said crying,"Ramu. One bad news. My parents are not accepting our love." Ramu got shocked, he did not know what to do. Ramu tried to explain Rani on how to convince her parents. But Rani declined Ramu saying that she tried her best to convince her parents but everything in vain. He cried out loud. Rani started to avoid his phone calls due to an excessive pressure from her parents. He was not able to concentrate on his work. Her parents threatened her that they will commit suicide if she married Ramu. 

Ramu got upset very badly and he started roaming on the roads of Singara Chennai like a crazy man. He started drinking daily and ultimately his health degraded. 

Ramu tried calling Rani many times. She cut the call every time. She picked very few and in those, she insisted that Ramu needs to get married to an other girl and live happily. Ramu lost his parents when he was studying in college. He somehow managed the loss of his parents. But he was not able to take up that Rani is going to leave him. He got struck totally. Atlast he decided to kill himself. One fine day, he bought few packs of sleeping pills. He reached his home and swallowed 30 sleeping pills which poisoned his blood to death!!!

Tring..Tring...Phone rings, which breaks Rani's thinking of the past about Ramu. In few minutes, all the past incidents which happened for 1.5 years just flashed in her imagination and she cried out loud again thinking about his love for Ramu. 

Rani picked up the call and a crying voice said "Rani, this is Ramu again calling from the hell. I am unable to forget you and that is the reason for my death. I am in hell now as i did sin against Nature by ending my life myself. But here as well, I am not able to forget you which made me to call you. You should be happy in life, Rani. Marry a nice person and you will get all good things in life"

Ramu's touching words made Rani cry out loud again. She revealed the real reason in phone to Ramu for rejecting and avoiding him, "My parents blackmailed me that they will die if I run out of home and marry you". The call got disconnected again. Rani was totally dejected. She couldnt eat, sleep or do nothing. She was just thinking about Ramu. She thought that her bad decision killed Ramu which is an irreversible sin for her.

After few weeks of totally disturbed life, she decided to kill herself; she thought she could live with Ramu atleast in hell. 

She bought ten packs of sleeping pills and got into her room and locked the room inside. She had kept 25 pills in the table. She swallowed the first sleeping pill. When she was about to take the second pill, her parents noticed it and they started to shout and scream from the window, asking her to stop taking the pills. Rani cried out loud laying that her parents were the reason for her decision of suicide and continued with her second pill. Her parents tried breaking the door, but they couldn't. Her Dad cried out, "Rani, Please open the door, I will let you marry that guy!!!". But Rani didn't listen to them. Rani took the second pill close to her mouth as she heard a loud noise of her door broken out. 

After a brief pause, Ramu appeared before her and stopped her. Rani got shocked on seeing Ramu alive in front of him. She thought how a dead person can come stand alive in front of her.

Ramu started to explain that he is not actually dead. His very close friends arranged a drama to make Rani understand how much Ramu means to her and how much they both love each other. 

Atlast they got married and lived happily ever after!!!

120shal thumbnail

Love is beautiful 

My eyes looked at variety of flowers and finally selected some of them and I had ordered to make it as a beauiful bouquet in that flower shop. I was waiting eagerly to collect it and give to my girl friend.

Anu's(my girl friend)mobile was ringing and she attended the call. She looked very excited after talking in the phone. She ran towards me and said, "They said I got selected in a lucky draw and they are offering a free ticket for first day first show (FDFS) for the Rajini's Shivaji movie in Satyam theater. I am very much eager to watch the FDFS and luckily God arranged a ticket for me"

I was very happy to see her smiling and jumping and she was in uncontrollable joy. I loved it. I moved to a courier shop and asked the courier man, "How many days will you take to deliver a courier to the address which is in the next street?". He replied,"We will take just one or two hours to deliver it". I handed over the courier to him and paid the money and came out of the courier shop. For the next two days, I was thinking about her and I didn't even get a nice sleep. My heart said to me that she is not just a friend and she is more than a friend.

After few days, I was travelling towards Satyam theater in Chennai. When I came near Anna Flyover, I got a phone call from my friend. He asked me,"Where are you?"
I replied,"Hey, I am in a important meeting, Call you later". Then I continued the driving. I entered the parking area of the Satyam theater in Chennai. I parked my bike and bought the parking ticket and I was waiting for Anu to make sure that she is coming to the theater. 

I felt very happy when I saw her coming in her scooty. I disappeared suddenly when she entered the parking area. She came into the theater and settled down after searching for her seat. I was watching her and I said to myself that she should turn back and see me.

After some time, she suddenly turned back and shouted at me in surprise,"Hey. You! What a surprise. I told you know that I got free ticket. That's why I am here. I should say a big thanks to god to see my Thalaivar film on FDFS". I said to myself,"Thanks to God??I only know how much I struggled to get the tickets"

I got a nice seat. Her face was easily accessible to my eyes and hence I never moved my eyes away from her face. And finally movie got over. I didn't watch a single scene in my favourite super star's movie. She came to the parking area and flew away in her bike after saying a bye to me. I started my Pulsar bike with full of happiness in my heart and full of smile in my face and driving like Dhanush in Polladhavan. That day night, I met my friends and shared those happy moments with them. They asked me a treat to celebrate my happy moments I had with her. And they asked me to propose her as soon as possible before someone else proposing her.

A sound entered my ear,"Sir, bouquet is ready". I then realised I was standing in the flower shop to collect my bouquet. In that few minutes, my memories went back to remember one of my beautiful moments with my girl friend. After putting the bouquet into my bag, I started my bike. I saw her driving in scooty. I switched my gear to maximum and was driving very fast in one of the busy roads. My body started shivering, hands trembling. Only one thing was in my mind. I should stop her.

She was going near the signal. Signal turned to orange when she crossed. But When I came near the line of the signal, it became red. But I could not stop the bike suddenly as I was going in around 80kmph speed. So, I crossed the line without worrying about the red signal. Suddenly one man stretched his hands fully asking me to stop my bike. I don't know from where that traffic police appeared suddenly. It's their trick to hide somewhere and catch the people who are not following the signal rules.

"You are driving very dangerously. Take your license, RC Book and Insurance. If I didn't stop your bike, you might have killed few people", traffic police said. I had shown all the three documents to him. 

Traffice police - "Ok. We are going to file a case against you for rash driving. He will take you to the court"
Me - " Sir, Lets finish this here. Please don't take me to the court"
TP - " Ok. Pay Five hundred rupees and go"
Me - " It's month end. I don't have that much money. I am just a marketing executive."
TP - " How much money you have? Give it to me and go"
Me - " I have only twenty five rupees sir. Please take this and leave me sir"
TP - " You have only twenty five rupees!! stupid. Keep it there and go"
Me - " Thank you sir"

I felt very proud for successfully finished a bargain with the traffic police. Then I started my bike and switched my gears one by one and increased my speed to start my chase again. I didn't know where she went. She was completely out of sight. But I was driving very fast in the hope that I would catch her. Luckily I found her. She just started from the next signal. I should stop her. My two eyes watched her carefully to avoid missing her again. She was still going very far from me. What was the use of having 180 cc Bajaj Pulsar bike without able to successfully chase a scooty?

An auto got stopped in the road. The driver was trying very hard to start the auto. She was standing behind the auto. Luckily, she was not able to come to the right of the auto and continue driving and hence she was waiting for the auto driver to start his vehicle. Thanks to the Auto driver. I caught her successfully.

Me - " Excuse me, madam"
She - " Who are you?"
Me - " That's not necessary now. One side of your dupatta is lying very close to the back wheel. If it gets struck in the wheel, scooter will fell down. This is the reason to chase and catch you"
She said a big thanks to me and went. 

I started my bike and travelling towards Anu's home. And finally I reached her home. I gave my bouquet to Anu and said, "Many more happy returns of the day my dear anu". At that time, my friend and Manager of my company came there and said,"Clients have started from their hotel. They will reach our company within fifteen minutes. We are signing a new business deal with those people. Hope you remember this. We need to start now"

I said,"Hey ramu, while coming here, I saw a girl with her dupata lying near the wheel when she was driving her scooter. I chased her and said that to her and saved her life. If someone had said the same to my Anu, she won't be sleeping here in her grave."

I could not control my tears and I started crying. After saying bye to her, I left that place thinking about my days with her.

120shal thumbnail

Most embarassing one hour in my life

In 2008 (I don't remember the month), I was standing like a beggar in Guindy bus stop without having a single paise in my hand. I never had any idea about where I had lost my purse. What happened to me on that day? Let me tell you that.

At 8 pm, after finished my work in office, I started travelling to home. I had to catch a share auto from my office to reach Guindy. From Guindy, I would have three minutes travel in train to reach my home. At that day, I catched a share auto and reached Guindy. I inserted my hand into the pocket to take my purse. But I got shocked to know there was no purse in my pocket. It was one of the greatest shocks in my life. Many thoughts started rolling in my mind, "Share auto driver will definitely shout at me and I will get insulted before many people in this crowded area. What can I do if driver slaps me?"

With those thoughts running in my mind, I inserted my hand in to my shirt packet accidentally. I was very happy after finding one five rupee coin in my packet. I took that one and gave it to the driver and I was standing in the Guindy bus stop like a beggar without knowing what I am going to do. I had five credit cards, a debit card and five hundred rupees cash in my purse. But God made me to stand like a beggar without a single paise in my hand. There I understood that I was not a big person as I got enough money after getting the job of software engineer. God reminded me to just live the life like a ordinary person and ignore the luxury life [Eating in costly restaurants and etc]

I was much worrying about my purse. I needed to call my bank's call center to inform them about my card loss so that they can stop the transaction with that card. 
"I know 16 digit number of my debit card only. I am not aware about the 16 digit numbers of the 5 credit cards. How can I inform the call center about card loss without saying the 16 digit number? I don't know whether I have the letters in my home which had the details about the Credit cards."

I wanted to go to home immediately in a auto and after getting the credit card details in home, I decided to inform the call center about the card loss. Plan was ready and I was waiting for an auto. At that time, suddenly I got an alternative idea, "I think I might have missed the purse in Office. Oh God!!! I am not able to recollect the incidents which happened when I started packing my bag and left the office."

I suddenly realized that I took the few things out of my bag to accommodate the remaining things when I started from office. But I was not sure about whether I had stuffed those things back into my bag. "How can I get back to office without money in hand? What can I do? Time is 8.45 now. I could not call anyone to check it as everyone would have left the office. Hey Prabhu will be in office. I am damn sure about that. He will be in office till 9 Pm everyday. I should call him to check whether my purse is available in my place in office"

I called Prabhu and fortunately he was still in office.
"Prabhu, can you do me an help"
"yes sure"
"Please go to my place and check whether my purse is available"
"Ok. I am walking towards your place."
"Thank you"
"I am in your place now. I found your purse here. It's on the desk near your computer."
"Thank God!!! Thank you prabhu. It would be a big problem if I had lost my purse. Thank you for your timely help"
"It's okay"
"Prabhu, Can you do me another help"
"Please tell me"
"I am standing in Guindy bus stand. Can you please come here to give my purse? It would be a great help for me"
"Sure. I will do that. Wait there, I am leaving the office now and will come there immediately"

Prabhu had to go in another direction to reach his home. But he was coming in the opposite direction to help me. He is such a helping guy. He is a sincere and hardworking guy in my office. He came to Guindy in a share auto and handed over the purse to me. I felt very happy once I saw my purse. I said a big thanks to Prabhu and he left the place after catching a bus. I happily walked towards the railway station and reached home after five minutes journey in the train. It was indeed a great day in my life. That one hour was unforgettable moment in my life. I thought of sharing this with you. 

The moral of this one hour drama is, "Don't think you are a big man. Everyone is a human being in the eyes of god. No big person! No small person! Let's live the life simply without ego and superiority complex. Say bye to luxurious software life and live like an ordinary human being"

120shal thumbnail

Recalling my memories

June 11, This is one of the very important date in my life which I will never forget. You started thinking what happened in that day that went into my heart deeply. Let me say you what happened on June 11, 2006 exactly three years back.

June 11, 2006

My final semester exams got over on 24th May. My college had not arranged any single campus interview. So I was jobless at that time. I didnt have any interview experience. I had to start my job hunt where thousands of students who have interview experience in their campus interviews would compete against me for a job. During my final year, I completed reading the RS Agarwal's "Quantitative Aptitude". So , at that time I was confident with mathematical part. But I was not good in verbal and non verbal questions. 

I started looking into the GRE book of my brother to study something. On May 31, I got a call letter from Infosys for attending a test on June 11. I was very happy that I got response from a company. I was excited as I had never written any aptitude test before that. Thousands of feelings ran in my mind such as "I should work hard in the next 11 days to get a berth in infy, I should get into infy to avoid reading those aptitude books in the future".

The next day I went to T Nagar for purchasing two books. 
1) Shakuntala devi's puzzles book
2) I dont remember the author name which had analytical reasoning questions.

I started reading the first book vigorously. I was not from CBSE standards, that made me to break my head to solve those problems. I pained myself by reducing my sleeping hours and working hard to achieve my goal. I didnt have anything in my head other than puzzles book and infosys. In that ten days, sometimes I got a dream that I got job in infosys.

I completed that first book after six or seven days. In those days, I tried solving the analytical questions from second book. But I could not succeed. Therefore I had put that on hold until the completion of the first book. Now I should start reading the second book as I had no other option. I had only four more days for the judgement day. I broke my head to solve those questions. But I never solved a single question from that book. I use to break my head for sometime and then I would see the answers sections as I could not strain myself anymore.

After eleven restless days, June 11 arrived. My father dropped me in St.Michaels Academy, Adyar at 8.15 AM. Thousands of people gathered there for writing the test. I saw my college mates, Dhanasekar and Srinivisan. I think I had seen some more known faces. Sorry, I dont remember who are they. I have test at 9 am. We went inside the exam hall at 9 am. I started looking at the questions and solved them. I was in a great tension at that time as that was my first exam in my job hunt. Despite those tensions, I confidently solved the puzzles. I could not solve some questions. So I left those question. 

They collected the papers after two and half hours. Then I went to have my lunch in a nearby hotel with few guys. They said they will announce the results at 3 am. So we went back to school campus and sat in the shadow of trees where I met Dhana again. He said he had done well and the questions were repeated from the past test's of infy. You should know that I had the print outs of the Infy's past exams which I collected in the internet. But due to unavailability of time, I didnt look into those stuffs.

If I had look into that, I might have done very well. Anyway past is past. School guys were playing basket ball in their ground. We were just looking into those scenes with anxiety about the exam results. At 3pm, One more announcement came from Examination officers that results will be published after few hours as they had not finished correcting the papers. Around 1200 people attended the exam that day. So it took more time for them to evaluate the paper.

We saw some cinema shooting was going on inside the school campus. We went close and saw director Lingusamy is chatting with producer AM Ratnam and the technicians were arranging the camera for the shot. I found out that was the shooting of the movie Bheema once I spotted Lingusamy. But we could not find Vikram or Trisha anywhere in that place. At that occasion, we all knew that Cinema is a toughest job.

After some time Vikram came there. I could not believe what is happening there. Everyone got excited and shouted when they saw Vikram. Lingusamy and AM Rathnam was sitting just few feets from our place. Vikram was riding a bike and we finally came to know that he is practicing for the next shot. Shooting started. Vikram started riding his bike towards the camera with a person sitting behind him. When he travelled some distance, we heard a huge noise. We got shocked to see a car flying in air. Vikram was turning back with his own style to see the flying car while riding the bike. Then everyone clapped and went towards Vikram shouting "Great!Great! you did well".
[This scene comes in the "oru mugamo" song in Bheema"]

Vikram came near our place to see the TV to check whether he had done justice to that scene. Stunt master came and hugged Vikram. Then Vikram went from there with his two bodyguards. Later everyone went from there after packing their things. The time was 6 pm. Still the results were not out. We went to a garden and lie down in the lawn seeing the sky without knowing what will happen in the next few hours.

At exactly 7.30 pm, they announced the results. They read out the names in the mike. They read 450 names and my name was not there. Dhana got selected in that round and cleared the interviews and he is in infy now. He went back to home in his bike.

I was searching for a bus stop in the roads of busy Adyar. I finally saw one bus stop. I got frustrated, disappointed and thought I had lost everything. I thought I was fit for nothing. With thousands of negative feelings running in my mind, I was travelling in bus. I reached my home after 30 mins travel in bus and ten minutes walk in road after getting down from bus

I reached home. I was unable to see the faces of my family members. I thought I should return happily with sweets with a happy news. But unfortunately I had only bad news. I conveyed to them. They said me not to worry about this as that was the first attempt only. And asked me to have the dinner. I was not feeling like eating. But I cannot skip my dinner as my family members would feel bad if I didnt eat. 

I had some rice with eggs. I vomited after my dinner and whatever I had ate had come out from my mouth. I went to sleep. I didnt feel comfortable in the next day also. Then went to doctor and I was in complete bed rest for one month. My negative feelings stopped the improvement of my health. After one month of bed rest, I recovered very slowly and attended many test and interviews and finally I got job on March 2007.

If our mind is strong about our goal, We would achieve it at any cost. Dont loose the hope and confidence which are the only assets of a human being.

120shal thumbnail

Six pack dream

When people around me were talking about six pack abs, I got a thought of writing something about that. Here I have written it. In fact I prefer writing in Tamil but many people cannot read that. That's why I have written in English.

Hero of this story is Suresh. He was looking very fat with big abs. At that time, he had got one ambition. That is none other than acquiring six pack abs. I was wondered about the decision of suresh because I know the difficulties in loosing muscles to get flat abs and then continue work out to get six pack abs. It wont be a easy task at all.

But our hero is the real meaning of the person having qualities such as determination, confidence, perseverance and etc etc. Once he started something, he wont leave it or go back at any cost. He was working in a Hitech software company. He could not find a nice gym in the local area. So, he joined a simple gym where hundreds of people would work out in the small room. It didn't have air conditioning and you just imagine how worst it would be to workout standing in the big queue among big crowds to get your turn. But still our hero managed to do work outs there for a month.

I have seen people who would come to gym doing some warm up push ups, pull ups and etc in first few days and then they would disappear and they wont come back. Because we would get a hell like pain in our body for first 10 days. Only people with strong goal can surpass that pain and continue workout. Suresh did that successfully. Since its a crowded small gym, it had a lack of oxygen and people would sweat more than the usual. These things made suresh to get a high fever. He didn't go to office for three days. I thought he would put an end to work outs in gym. But he is a guy who never says no at any condition.

Once he recovered from fever, the search started for finding a nice gym with good facilities. After a long search, he finalised O2 gym in velachery. That gym is very popular in chennai. He went there. Initially he did only tread mill and elipse exercise burning thousands of calories per day. It is not an easy job at all. But he did that. He lost considerable weight and his big abs seems to be dissolving gradually. After some time, trainers gave him a work out schedule and dietician gave him the diet schedule. 

I got shocked when I saw his diet list. Because they are advising to eat very little like a small baby. But still, he managed to follow that very sincerely. Gradually we started seeing a big change in his physique. He lost many kilograms of weight. Chubby muscles in his face dissolved. He looked very much fit and trim. After that, he was asked to start the abs workout. He was doing that perfectly.

Our hero's office is in outskirts of chennai called siruseri. His gym is in velachery. He has to get up at morning 5.30 and catch his office bus at around 6.30. While returning from office, he would get down at velachery and after doing work outs, he would get into government bus and come to home at around 9 or 9.30 pm. People who work out in software companies rarely go to gym, since they are mentally tired always and they would prefer go to outing or sleeping whenever they find time. But suresh had clear cut goal and he was nearing that goal breaking all the barriers.

His abs became completely flat and it started showing symptoms of six pack. In fact, we clearly saw some two packs in his abs. We felt very proud because we thought that six pack was only the property of movie stars and its impossible for common people. Infact movie stars are doing that with a highly qualified personal trainer and dietician. Also, they would get fame and ultimately earn crores of money after acquiring six pack abs. But our hero wants to get six pack abs not for acquiring fame or money, but only to make his dream a reality.

With this workout routine, he would get the six pack in another 30 days. At that time, his company asked him to go to onsite, america to work at the clients office. Then he had no choice other than quitting the gym because he had to prepare for the american trip. Once he went to america, he joined gym to reach his goal. But he was given lots of work in his office and he could not find time to do workouts in gym. Its a common tradition for software companies to give tonnes of work to people who are going to onsite. In fact, off shore people would call him at any time to clear their doubts. So, he was unable to go to gym.

Till now, he is busy in his office but he usually talks often about his six pack dream. I am sure that he would get it very soon. I am waiting to see that. In fact many people are waiting to see that. I am very proud to say that this hero is none other than my brother. Hats off brother. I am always wondering seeing your exceptional qualities and exceptional achievements. I wish Good luck to achieve your six pack dream and the other dreams which you have in your life.