•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Shipra may have won the Masterchef title, but her entry from the Grand Finale to the FINAL itself was totally UNETHICAL. The reason is that her BAKED YOGHURT dish would not have come out as it did, if chefs Kunal & Ajay had not told her the EXACT Temperature and the Time needed to bake that dish.

Most of us are aware, that in baking the CORRECT temperature and time is very CRUCIAL to get a good, properly baked final product. If you were watching the Grand Finale episode attentively, you would have surely heard Shipra say that she had no CLUE as to how she should bake that dish as she had never prepared it before and then she asked the chefs if they could tell her the time and the temperature at which she should bake it and then the 2 chefs told her to bake at 180'C  for 12 minutes. If they had not told her the answer, she would have baked at whatever arbitrary temperature she deemed to be appropriate, and her dish would not have necessarily come out as a perfect Baked Yogurt. Whereas Joseph and Shazia did everything using their own brains and also made much more elaborate and difficult dishes, and the chefs were very impressed by their dishes also ( except for Joseph's presentation) and hence they sholuld have competed against each other at the Finals. 

This clearly shows that Shipra was the "Chosen Winner" beforehand itself, because she had clearly gained sympathy from the masses because of her sad story and had impressed the Judges by her Good looks! I do not mean to say that she was not a good or innovative cook, however that day her dish would not have been what it finally turned out to be, had she not received that HELP from the chefs. 

I salute Joseph for showing great "Sportsmanship" and not complaining even once for this partiality and wish both him and Shazia the very BEST life can offer them.

And, for Shipra all I can say is that her conscience will not let her rest in peace, inspire of all the success she has or will apparently earn in the future.