Frequent Posters

Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Salman is over Ash!

By: Upala KBR
January 16, 2007

Salman Khan

Viveik Oberoi

Soon after Aishwarya and Abhishek exchanged rings, the Bachchans invited close friends for an impromptu party at Jalsa. Obviously, Salman Khan and Viveik Oberoi weren't party to the happy proceedings.

Even though Amitabh has worked with Salman and Abhishek claims to be good friends with the Khan, he was uninvited. Viveik, who too has worked with Bachchan Jr in Yuva, was not invited either. So what were Viveik and Salman doing the night the couple solemnised their relationship?

Salman Khan

He was dancing away at Parmeshwar Godrej's Juhu bungalow at a party she had threw in honour of Hollywood actor Richard Gere, who is presently in India on an Aids awareness project.

Sallu was there with his close friends and got to know about Ash's engagement there. Surprisingly though, it didn't put him in a foul mood for the rest of the evening. On the contrary, he appeared rather carefree and light-hearted. A source close to him says, "Salman is over Ash. He forgot about her a long time ago."

Viveik Oberoi

The actor is away on his annual trip to the pilgrimage site at Sabarimala in Kerala and was supposed to have returned to Mumbai last night. When his friends informed him about the news over the phone, he too seemed unaffected. Says a friend of the actor, "They split up last January and he doesn't talk about her anymore. I guess he's moved on."

Shah Rukh Khan

King Khan, who was in the city but not busy shooting since it was Sunday.

His wife Gauri, who generally fills in for her hubby, was conspicuous by her absence too. Surprising, since the last time the Bachchans had an impromptu party, SRK drove to his residence in the middle of the night to pay his respects!

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/january/150192.htm
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Abhi respects Ash,unlike Sallu and Vivek

In one of her earlier interviews to Mumbai Mirror, Aishwarya had said, "Why are you speculating about my marriage? I believe in the institution of marriage. I am a woman and I will get married. I won't hide it from anyone. I am waiting for the right man to enter my life." And the most beautiful girl in the world has kept her promise. The groom's father Amitabh Bachchan officially announced the engagement of Abhishek and Aishwarya Rai yesterday at Jalsa, their Juhu bungalow.

However, this was not love at first sight. Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai's relationship evolved over a span of time, with the couple officially dating for a year. A source recalls, "It was in November 2005 that Aishwarya was upset about splitting with her then boyfriend Vivek Oberoi. That was the time when Abhishek Bachchan stood beside her and they started confiding in each other. Yet, they decided not to come into the open with their relationship. Although Ash's boyfriends in the past, (Salman and Vivek) have been vocal about their relationship with Ash, Abhishek played the role of a dignified boyfriend. Ash felt she could depend on him and needless to say that they bonded well." Ash also appreciated the fact that Abhishek respected her feelings. "Unlike Salman or Vivek, Abhishek never spoke to the press about dating Ash. He treated her with respect and was never erratic. He truly had a gentlemanly attitude," says our source.

Years ago, when Aishwarya and Abhishek made their first on screen debut in 2000 with Dhai Akshar Prem Ke Aishwarya had never imagined that she was acting with her future fianc. Ash's relationship with Abhishek came to limelight when Amitabh's brother Ajitabh revealed to the media in February 2006 that he had gone to Bangalore-based astrologer Chandrashekhar Swamy with the horoscopes of Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan.

The rumour became stronger when the Rais and Bachchans started visiting temples and dargahs together on a regular basis. "They were advised by the family astrologer to visit all the temples before making an announcement. The Bachchans had accepted Ash as a part of their family," says a close friend of Abhishek.

Last year on Abhishek's birthday, he had gifted Ash a solitaire but asked her not to speak about it to anyone. Ash an extremely private person herself, didn't reveal this even to her close friends. "Ash was shooting with Abhishek in Jaipiur for Umrao Jaan. Later they were together in Rio for Dhoom 2, though she was opposite Hrithik Roshan, and they then they had long schedules in Chennai for Mani Ratnam's Guru. Practically for a whole year they were travelling with each other. Even when they were in India, they were inseparable," says an actor close to the couple.

When Ash visited the Vishwanath temple at Varanasi with the Bachchans, it was evident that they would get married. When we contacted Ash's secretary Hari Singh he says, "I have received 10,000 SMSes and nearly 600 calls from all over India and abroad in last 24 hours. But we are overjoyed with all the good wishes we have received."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;am p;sectid=30&contentid=200701160244077871c0870d
~Deep~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks fashion_2005 for the articles! 😊
Grr.. I don't like that Ashwariya Rai at all! 😑
~Deep~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

~*Discussion Of The Week*~

Hello everyone!

I thought that since the Ash-Abhi engagement was "fresh" news, then why not have a discussion related to that, and at the same time to OUR Salman Khan? πŸ˜³πŸ˜† So, read this article and answer the few questions belove.. The idea is to have a discussion, that means that you don't necessarly have to answer the questions I've written, but they can be used just as a start for a discussion..! πŸ˜Š So enjoy!

"The love story of Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai seems straight out of a Bollywood movie.

There is suspense, romance,
drama and a bit of humour in their love story. About four years ago, they were dating different peoples and it hardly looked then that Abhi and Ash would one day be a couple. Today, they are.

When Aishwarya began her acting career in Bollywood, she was asked in an interview who were the people she found most good-looking in Bollywood. She had just one name then :
Salman Khan .

It was not long after when she got to act with Salman in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's movie
Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam , and it was during the making of this film Salman and Ash became close to each other. But their relationship was not to last long.

Firstly, Ash's mother Vrinda did not approve of Salman. Secondly, the actor's own bratty ways and his reckless lifestyle pushed Ash away from him. Their dirty linen came into public view when Salman barged on the sets of Shahrukh's movie
Chalte Chalte and created a scene with Ash.

It was the last nail in the coffin of Ash-Salman relationship. The actress moved away from Salman and found love in
Vivek Oberoi .

etc.."

Questions:

1. Do you think Salman and Aishwariya made a good pair?

2. Do you think that it was, as said in the article, that Salman Khan's ehaviour made them drift apart?

3. You might have read somewhere that Ash seems to be going after every actor who's hot in bollywood at that particular time.. Like Salman Khan, Vivek Oberoi, and now Abhishek Bachan.. Do you believe this?

(Can't think of more questions for now.. Might post some later today..)

And Leena, Hope you enjoyed your week (ahem ahem) as MOTW..! I think a lot of others did! πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ And sorry for making it longer then just a week, but had been so busy lately that I didn't get any time to post the DOTW.. πŸ˜• Finally here tough! πŸ˜† But at the same time I must say that you've been a very good MOTW, and all your answers were great!! πŸ‘πŸ‘

Deep

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Leenasmg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Questions:

1. Do you think Salman and Aishwariya made a good pair? I admit they were a fairly ok couple..but even when they were a couple i hated Ash to bits..u could say i was jealousπŸ˜³πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

2. Do you think that it was, as said in the article, that Salman Khan's ehaviour made them drift apart? No..i don't think it was Salman's behaviour, i think it was Ash's attitude...there is seriously something wrong with that ladyπŸ˜†..she is just too diplomatic

3. You might have read somewhere that Ash seems to be going after every actor who's hot in bollywood at that particular time.. Like Salman Khan, Vivek Oberoi, and now Abhishek Bachan.. Do you believe this? Yes..i believe this..but i don't agree that Vivek Oberoi is good lookingπŸ€’πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...I think she only went out with these ppl for media purposes...she used them...and now she's getting engaged with Abhishek..i think it it truly because of the surname 'Bachchan'..her name is gonna be soo damn hard to pronounce nowπŸ˜³πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..Aishwariya Bachchan..i'm soo used to Rai..but who knows..she might not change her surnameπŸ˜³πŸ˜•πŸ˜†

And Leena, Hope you enjoyed your week (ahem ahem) as MOTW..! I think a lot of others did! πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ And sorry for making it longer then just a week, but had been so busy lately that I didn't get any time to post the DOTW.. πŸ˜• Finally here tough! πŸ˜† But at the same time I must say that you've been a very good MOTW, and all your answers were great!! πŸ‘πŸ‘ 

Yep Deep..i truly enjoyed my weekπŸ˜ƒ..no no..its okπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†...thank you..thank youπŸ˜³πŸ˜›

prietyny thumbnail

hello all salmanians(love the man), hes hot handsome i may go on and onπŸ˜‰

ok on serious note please partake in the cfc quiz of the week 😊 hosted by PZ mania

visit this link :

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/521243

Edited by prietyny - 17 years ago
ambarinaaltaf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Deep~

1. Do you think Salman and Aishwariya made a good pair?

nopes not at all dude...(its just my view..)becoz where as i can see, i think sallu was honestly in love with ash...and it was ash auntyy who betrayed him...

2. Do you think that it was, as said in the article, that Salman Khan's ehaviour made them drift apart?

noo jeee  apun ka saalluu ek dum mast banda hai..i knw his acts made public annoyed but he is goodie person from heart...and u knw how media is..😑for a small issue they make a masalee daar news..no1 knws the truth as what happened...so i dunt think it was his behaviour's fault..if ash was truely in love with sallu then whether earthquake comes or anything she shld support him..but she was a aarghhh words arent enough for her....i would just say she is a selfish women

3. You might have read somewhere that Ash seems to be going after every actor who's hot in bollywood at that particular time.. Like Salman Khan, Vivek Oberoi, and now Abhishek Bachan.. Do you believe this?

yes im damm sure man...this lady just needs publicity...first when sallu was on top she was lyk back of him...then she went along with vivek to get again publicity...(but i dunt think vivek was hot lolzz and he everytym in his acting also he over reacted..)and now bechara abhi..😭😭😭godd it shld happen same lyk what happpened btw karishma-abhi plzzzzzzzz..i cant see ash and abhi together...i want salluuu to give one more punch to ash..inorder to stop these things...😑😑khud ki zindagi tho barbaad karlii but y is she now backk of abhi..😑😑😑

btw i have Qs guyz whats the age of ash...i mean last yr abhi was 30 isnt it...and i think ash is elder than abhi lolzz..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

(Can't think of more questions for now.. Might post some later today..)

go ahead..i  will be waiting..😳😳

Amby..😳😳

Leenasmg thumbnail
Leenasmg thumbnail
Ohh and Ambyy..Abhi is 31 and Ash is 33...she is 2 years older than him 😳 πŸ˜†
ambarinaaltaf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Leenasmg

Ohh and Ambyy..Abhi is 31 and Ash is 33...she is 2 years older than him 😳 πŸ˜†

lolzz kya zamana aagaya...too good going ash...apne se chote ladke se shaadi gr888..