Users

Frequent Posters

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Bollywood's Big War
Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan fuss over director
Hamdhoon Rashad (hamdun)     Email Article  Print Article 
Published 2006-05-12 15:18 (KST)   
If rumors are to be believed, Bollywood superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan (SRK) are at "war," yet again. Yes, this is the second time the buzz is going around with rumors of an alleged rift between the two in less than a year's time.

The Buzz Before: How It All Got Started

Last year, there were reports that all's not well between Bachchan and SRK, popularly known as King Khan in the Indian film industry, following rumors that Bachchan allegedly plotted the release of his two 2005 hits, "Bunty Aur Bubly" and "Sarkar" (in both Bachchan's son and one of Bollywood's hugely popular actors, Abhishek Bachchan, also starred) before Shah Rukh Khan's release of his home production "Paheli" to allegedly "wash out" the movie.

However, Bachchan has firmly denied the rumors saying it was preposterous that he is being accused of deliberately putting forward his two hit-releases to crush "Paheli." He had also brushed off the unsavory accusations that he had played any petty politics against SRK.

According to a local daily, Bachchan's back-to-back huge success at the box office last year, including Sanjay Leela Bhansali's "Black," Vipul Shah's "Waqt," along with Shaad Ali's "Bunty Aur Babli" and Ram Gopal Varma's "Sarkar," and SRK's "Paheli"'s relatively poor performance at the box-office sparked the rumors.

Both the producers of "Bunty Aur Bubli" (Yash Raj Films) and "Sarkar" (Ram Gopal Verma) were said to have confirmed that their releases were planned in advance. Who knows? Maybe the rumors were put off after these claims.

The Buzz Now

Now, the buzz is that SRK is unhappy about Director Ram Gopal Verma going ahead with his next venture "Nishabd" with Amitab Bachchan instead of carrying forward the pre-production work for Verma's movie with King Khan "Time Machine." The shooting of "Nishbad" is currently underway in Kerala, located in southern India.

According to reports from local media, it is said to be SRK was taken back when he came to know that Verma is going ahead with "Nishabd" instead of starting the pre-production work for "Time Machine." Reports also claim that SRK called Verma to inquire about the movie and was said to be disappointed when Verma informed him that he is finishing "Nishabd" at the moment.

An actor known for his exclusivity for his work, SRK is reportedly said to have requested Verma to start the pre-production work for "Time Machine." A source close to the actor was quoted as saying, "Shah Rukh doesn't have a problem with 'Nishabd' or any other film Verma wants to make. He just doesn't want to compromise on his film."

Well, does this mean that SRK is backing off from Verma's "Time Machine"? No, not according to the director. Verma has brushed off the rumors about SRK opting out of the movie, saying that he didn't know where all these rumors began and revealing that the movie is in the pipeline. SRK is supposed to start shooting for "Time Machine" later this year.

Meanwhile, Shah Rukh Khan is currently shooting for "Don" (a remake of the 1978's Bollywood blockbuster) in exotic Malaysia, in which he is portraying the character of Don, originally played by Bachchan. Well, King Khan, we are waiting.
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Walking the walk
Amitabh Bachchan on Cheeni Kam with Tabu, and Ram Gopal Varma's generation-challenged love story, Nishabd. By Subhash K. Jha
Amitabh Bachchan with Tabu

This looks like one of the most challenging years for India's megastar. Even as Karan Johar's Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, featuring AB in a sensually-charged role nears completion, he's already onto two other projects that feature him in never-before roles. "Balakrishan's Cheeni Kam is an audacious film. I think Indian cinema is going through a hugely exciting phase. All kinds of films are competing with one another, and I'm part of that movement. It's an exciting phase for me. I'm truly grateful to God."

The one everyone is talking about is Ram Gopal Varma's Nishabd where AB is featured in a Lolita-like love story with an 18-year old girl. And he's more than game for the challenge. "You can't always be the perfect human being onscreen. There're no perfect human beings. To show human failings onscreen is a sign of acceptance and a measure of creative freedom. Cinema is about human relationships. To deny the existence of such feelings in human beings would be wrong. Ramu is extremely honest in his work. Even before he made Sarkar he admitted that The Godfather was his inspiration for it. But look at the manner in which he treated Sarkar! It was a completely different experience from The Godfather."

AB further explains, "Ramu and I have been toying with several projects including Sholay, Sarkar 2 and Ek. The Sarkar sequel and Ek have to be co-ordinated with Abhishek's dates (yes, he's in both). Abhishek committed to do Mani Ratnam's film and others. Sholay requires a lot of physical activity which I'm at the moment, not up to. Ramu and I decided to do this romantic film at a stretch in 25 days."

AB admits Nishabd is a departure for him and for Ramu as well. "It's an intense love story that looks into closed doors to see the passions that simmer within every human being under the surface. But let me also add that we won't be going into the physical aspect of the relationship at all."

The actor extraordinaire admits he's charged about Nishabd. "Going by the quality of performance that Ramu got out of me and Abhishek in Sarkar, I'm sure he has some fantastic plans for me in Nishabd. But I must say this isn't his first intense love story. Ramu has done Naach which was also a passionate love story. It may not have worked at the box-office. But it certainly succeeded in creating a new kind of love idiom from an oft-told story. And it opened up Abhishek as an actor, put him in touch with emotions that he had never touched before. This is one of Ramu's specialities. On the surface he may seem like an ordinary dishevelled working-class guy with several ideas crowding his head. But he's a very systematic and sensitive filmmaker."

At this juncture in his career when new frontiers need to open up, AB isn't the least hesitant about taking on a role that's strikingly unorthodox. "It all depends on the filmmmaker's convictions. If he has faith and belief in the artiste, nothing can stop a film from becoming a true and sensitive mirror of life. As an artiste I need to surrender completely to Ramu's vision. I never questioned him in Sarkar. Abhishek felt the same way about Ramu during Naach and Sarkar. The fact is, Abhishek needed a Ram Gopal Varma to egg him on. Ramu is very well-researched. Did he say we've become addicted to each other? He's a decent chap…very clear and professional. 'Do your job and I'm out of here'. I need that professionalism and passion among my directors. Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Ram Gopal Varma are extremely passionate about their work, almost to the level of obsession."

AB admits he had no hesitancy is expecting a part that required him to be romantically involved with an 18-year-old girl. "I need to work and I need the challenges. Look at Black! It was a complete, complete, complete departure from anything I had done before. Who would have ever thought it would be such an all-round landmark? How would I know if there're more Blacks in store unless I step into the unknown?"

Now he's off to shoot Cheeni Kam. "That's again a completely different story. That's a sarcastic humorous take on love…I don't know how else to describe it. It's got a lot of tongue-in-cheek humour. It's not about deliberately falling in love…Again, it's never been done before. Very different. I can't play the traditional leading man. Even in Ravi Chopra's Babul where I'm playing a patriarch I've a cause to fight for…. It tackles an extremely important aspect of society. And Karan Johar's Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna takes a look at things that happen behind closed doors. I think it's extremely brave of today's filmmakers to want to talk about supposedly taboo topics, to project such issues artistically. It's happening all over the world. Look at Brokeback Mountain…who would have thought such a love story to be possible some years ago? It's a world of lot more openness where creative freedom to depict forbidden subjects does exist. These films are opening doors that were so far closed and allowing the audience to judge whether the frank attitude to cinema is really justified."

fire_on_ice thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Awesome siggy lakshmiji... as usual😛....👏👏👏 ....

Btw: Watch out for Bluffmaster for our AB Jaanu ... on 18th June .... on Star Plus .... 😃

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

whwere is everyone here?😭😊

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 17 years ago
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Btw, umi monika...we miss u dears! 😭
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
RGV's new leading lady
By IndiaFM News Bureau, June 1, 2006 - 05:40 IST
Ram Gopal Varma has just finished shooting for his latest film titled Nishabd starring Amitabh Bachchan, Revathy, Rukhsar and Aftab Shivdasani. He was on the lookout for a leading lady and the cat is now out of the bag. The new lady in the RGV camp is 18 year old Jiah Khan.

Jiah who one might ask? She is the same actress who was to make her debut in Anurag 'Gangster' Basu's Tumsa Nahin Dekha but the director opted for Dia Mirza claiming that Jiah and her mother (small time yesteryear actress Rabiya) would throw lots of tantrums on the sets. Ramu apparently got introduced to her by a builder but that time she was committed to TND. So it was only after a long time did RGV finally get to sign her.

The film is said to be based on Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita and will have a September release. However Ramu claims that the whole story was conceptualized and written by him.
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
'Eklavya' - The secret revealed
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 30, 2005]

Mention Rajasthani setting and all one can think of is a story about royalty with deserts, camels and 'kunwars' all over the place.

When Vidhu Vinod Chopra embarked upon his 'Eklavya' [earlier titled 'Yagna'], one had similar thoughts about this movie too. After all the first teaser from the movie did show Amitabh Bachchan dressed up in royal costumes and sitting in a palace/fort. So yes, the movie is indeed about royalty but there is one factor that is not true and that's about the "time setting" of the movie.

Contrary to popular belief, 'Eklavya' is NOT a period drama and is in fact set in contemporary times. As per the makers, there are still many families in India that live in a royal set-up and the protagonists in 'Eklavya' are members of one such family.

'Eklavya' stars Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt, Jackie Shroff, Saif Khan, Vidya Balan, Sharmila Tagore, Boman Irani, Jimmy Shergill and Raima Sen.

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

Kabhi Kabhi mere dil mein khayaal aata hain....

Movie-Kabhi Kabhi

Year 1976
Banner Yash Raj Films
Producer Yash Chopra
Director Yash Chopra
Music Director Khayyam
Language Hindi
Genre Romantic
StarCast Amitabh BachchanRishi KapoorShashi KapoorNeetu SinghRaakheeWaheeda Rehman

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

LIST OF AMITABH'S FILMS TILL 2006

Name Year
SAAT HINDUSTANI 1969
ANAND 1970
RESHMA AUR SHERA 1971
PYAR KI KAHANI 1971
PARWANA 1971
SANJOG 1971
GUDDI 1971
EK NAZAR 1972
BOMBAY TO GOA 1972
PIYA KA GHAR 1972
JABAN 1972
BANSI BIRJU 1972
RAASTE KAA PATTHAR 1972
SAUDAGAR 1973
GEHRI CHAAL 1973
ZANJEER 1973
NAMAK HARAAM 1973
BADA KABUTAR 1973
ABHIMAAN 1973
BANDHE HAATH 1973
MAJBOOR 1974
KASAUTI 1974
BENAAM (1974) 1974
KUNWARA BAAP 1974
ROTI KAPADA AUR MAKAN 1974
BENAAM 1974
CHHOTI SI BAAT 1975
SHOLAY 1975
MILI 1975
CHUPKE CHUPKE 1975
FARAAR 1975
ZAMEER 1975
DEEWAAR 1975
HERA PHERI 1976
KABHI KABHIE 1976
HERA PHERI (1976) 1976
DO ANJAANE 1976
KABHI KABHIE - LOVE IS LIFE 1976
AADALAT 1976
PARVARISH 1977
IMMAAN DHARAM 1977
KHOON PASINA 1977
ALAAP 1977
AMAR AKBAR ANTHONY 1977
CHARANDAS 1977
KHATTA MEETHA 1977
CHALA MURARI HERO BANNE 1977
KASME VAADE 1978
GANGA KI SAUGANDH 1978
TRISHUL 1978
KHATTA MEETHA 1978
DON 1978
BESHARAM 1978
MUQADDAR KA SIKANDAR 1978
GANGA KI SAUGAND 1978
AHSAAS 1979
MR. NATWARLAL 1979
THE GREAT GAMBLER 1979
GOLMAAL 1979
GOL MAAL 1979
KAALA PATTHAR 1979
JURMANA 1979
CINEMA CINEMA 1979
MANZIL 1979
SUHAAG 1979
DO AUR DO PAANCH 1980
SHAAN 1980
DOSTANA 1980
RAM BALRAM 1980
LAAWARIS (1981) 1981
VILAYATI BABU 1981
BARSAT KI EK RAAT (1981) 1981
KAALIA 1981
CHASHME BUDDOOR 1981
YAARANA 1981
NASEEB 1981
LAAWARIS 1981
KAALIA (1981) 1981
COMMANDER 1981
ANUSANDHAN 1981
SILSILA 1981
KHUD-DAAR 1982
SHAKTI 1982
BEMISAL 1982
SATTE PE SATTA 1982
DESH PREMEE 1982
BEMISAAL 1982
NAMAK HALAAL 1982
NASTIK 1983
PUKAR 1983
ANDHA KANOON 1983
COOLIE 1983
ANDHAA KAANOON 1983
MAHAAN 1983
FILM HI FILM 1983
MY DEAR KUTTICHAATHAN 1984
PET PYAAR AUR PAAP 1984
INQUILAAB 1984
SHARAABI 1984
KANOON KYA KAREGA 1984
MARD 1985
AMIR AADMI GAREEB AADMI 1985
NAYA BAKRA 1985
GERAFTAAR 1985
AAKHREE RAASTA 1986
DOSTI DUSHMANI 1986
JALWA 1987
GANGAA JAMUNAA SARASWATHI 1988
KAUN JEETA KAUN HAARA 1988
SOORMA BHOPALI 1988
SHAHENSHAH 1988
HERO HIRALAL 1988
JAADUGAR 1989
TOOFAN 1989
MAIN AZAAD HOON 1989
BATWARA 1989
AGNEEPATH 1990
KRODH 1990
AAJ KA ARJUN 1990
AJOOBA 1991
HUM 1991
AKAYLA 1991
INDRAJEET 1991
KHUDA GAWAH 1992
ZULM KI HUKUMAT 1992
ZANJEER 1993
PROFESSOR KI PADOSAN 1993
INSANIYAT 1994
GHATAK: LETHAL 1996
MRITYUDAATA 1997
MAJOR SAAB 1998
BADE MIYAN CHOTE MIYAN 1998
KOHRAM 1999
HELLO BROTHER 1999
BIWI NO. 1 1999
HINDUSTAN KI KASAM 1999
LAL BAADSHAH 1999
SOORYAVANSHAM 1999
KOHRAM: THE EXPLOSION 1999
MOHABBATEIN 2000
EK RISHTAA: THE BOND OF LOVE 2001
LAGAAN: ONCE UPON A TIME IN INDIA 2001
AKS 2001
AGNI VARSHA 2002
AANKHEN 2002
HUM KISI SE KUM NAHIN (2002) 2002
KAANTE 2002
ARMAAN 2003
MUMBAI SE AAYA MERA DOST 2003
BAGHBAN 2003
KHUSHI 2003
BOOM 2003
AANKHEN (2003) 2003
BOLLYWOOD REMIXED - DAS INDISCHE KINO EROBERT DEN WESTEN 2004
AETBAAR 2004
KHAKEE 2004
AB TUMHARE HAWALE WATAN SAATHIYO 2004
INSAAF: THE JUSTICE 2004
VEER-ZAARA 2004
DEEWAAR 2004
LAKSHYA 2004
KYUN HO GAYA NA 2004
RUDRAKSH 2004
AB TUMHARE HAWALE WATAN SATHIYO 2004
DEV 2004
BLACK 2004
HUM KAUN HAI? 2004
PAHELI 2005
SARKAR 2005
STRUGGLER 2005
PARINEETA 2005
RAMJI LONDONWALEY 2005
BUNTY AUR BABLI 2005
VIRUDDH 2005
WAQT - THE RACE AGAINST TIME 2005
EK AJNABEE 2005
KABHI ALVIDA NA KEHNA 2006
ZAMAANAT 2006
FAMILY 2006

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Released Year : 2002 
Running Time :  
Color B/W : Color 
Language : Hindi 
SubTitles : English Subtitle 
Age Group : Universal 
Rating :  
Awards : Filmfare Award-Best Actress
Filmfare Award-Best Art Direction
Filmfare Award-Best Dialogues
Zee Cine Award-Best Male Playback Singer 
Best Of Year : 2002 
Technical specifications of the DVD : Dolby Digital 5.1 
Website Links for movie preview : www.k3gthefilm.com 
View Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham Promo's :

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham Wall Papers
Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham Wallpaper 1 Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham Wallpaper 2 Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham Wallpaper 3
Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham Wallpaper 4