Frequent Posters

fire_on_ice thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: lucky_lakshmi

Wednesday May 31, 05:06 PM

Himesh to sing the classic Mehbooba for RGV's Sholay

[Courtesy-IndiaFm]

The man of the moment, Himesh Reshammiya will soon have another feather under his cap! Pun, unintended! The music director cum singer has been roped in by Ram Gopal Varma for the film Ram Gopal Varma Ki Sholay. Not only will he be composing the music of the film, but will also be singing the timeless classic, Mehbooba Mehbooba.

And seen alongside with Himesh, onscreen will be none other than Amitabh Bachchan as Gabbar Singh. Urmila Matondkar will be seen in place of Helen. The original number was sung by R.D.Burman. RGV believes that nobody would suit RD's voice, better than Himesh.

As of now, the film maker is in the process of completing two projects, Shiva and Nishabd(starring Amitabh Bachchan in a very risky role which can prove suicidal to his image as an actor.Bachchan plays a paedophile in the film)

More bollywood masala at IndiaFM

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†I hope the ghosts of Gabbar Singh (Amjhad Khan) dont come down to Earth!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  ... heard the lastest rumors about Himmesh's ghost caling habit?πŸ˜†

- Aparna

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: fire_on_ice

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†I hope the ghosts of Gabbar Singh (Amjhad Khan) dont come down to Earth!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  ... heard the lastest rumors about Himmesh's ghost caling habit?πŸ˜†

- Aparna

lolz...apu!πŸ˜†Big B olays his role in the remake!πŸ˜‰

Risamz.com thumbnail
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, so whats going on. this forum is bit confusing not sure how to start a new topic.

Anyways i am a big fan of Amit ji.... Has anyone seen Family?

Cheers
Ritesh
fire_on_ice thumbnail

Originally posted by: Risamz.com

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, so whats going on. this forum is bit confusing not sure how to start a new topic.

Anyways i am a big fan of Amit ji.... Has anyone seen Family?

Cheers
Ritesh

HeY Ritesh!

Welcome to the club! πŸ˜ƒ Well, right now this club is going on fine ... we keep posting updates on both the AB's .... and ya, a fan- fic muquabla is going on ... i think the last date is 5th ... so make yourselves comfortable and keep posting ...

You'll find a lot of Amitji fans here ... 😊

- Aparna

fire_on_ice thumbnail

Originally posted by: lucky_lakshmi

lolz...apu!πŸ˜†Big B olays his role in the remake!πŸ˜‰

Ooops... cant let our Amitji be hanuted naa? πŸ˜ƒ

... So Amjhadji "ghost uncle" forget that I ever gave you the idea of coming down on Earth ...😊.... though I wish someday I can play jump jump on your bellyπŸ˜†....

- Aparna

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: fire_on_ice

Ooops... cant let our Amitji be hanuted naa? πŸ˜ƒ

... So Amjhadji "ghost uncle" forget that I ever gave you the idea of coming down on Earth ...😊.... though I wish someday I can play jump jump on your bellyπŸ˜†....

- Aparna

lolz!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†afterall u cant jump on Big B's belly as he is not a big belly belly man!lolz!if u see him if his first films like Anand...u might think "poor man...he is not fed well"πŸ˜‰he is too thin lolz..no big muscles too!lolz!πŸ˜†he was cute and handsum!

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Photo Feature: Mooche ho to Bachchan saab jaisi
By IndiaFM News Bureau, March 23, 2006 - 05:24 IST

Actor Amitabh Bachchan is back to his work with Karan Johar's film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. It seems he can't stay away from cameras for too long. Also he recently shot for a Bhojpuri film produced by his makeup man Deepak Sawant. Deepak has been Amitabh's makeup man for a couple of decades now.

Bachchan plays a role of a Zamindar, where he sports huge moustache, dhoti and kurta and walks briskly. Amitabh has 29 scenes in the film, which he will have to complete in a span of five days.

However, Amitabh was quite uncomfortable with the size of his moustache. He also asked Deepak to trim it a bit. Being a thorough professional, Amitabh gave his scene and before everyone could take a glimpse, he disappeared into his make up van.
Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 17 years ago
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Ageless love in enchanting locale

Saturday May 20 2006 12:09 IST

MUNNAR: Amitabh Bachchan,the actor of the millennium , is on his first visit to Munnar for the shooting of Ram Gopal Varma's film 'Nishabd' .

Bachchan, in a deviant character role of an older man obsessively in love with a nymphet, played by debutante actress Gia, said the film would be only around two hours long, with three or four characters and no songs.

Amitabh Bachchan's previous film with Ram Gopal Varma, 'Sarkar' , had received critical acclaim when it was released in 2005. The actor generously showered praises on the director.

" 'Nishabd' is my second film with Ram Gopal Varma. Sarkar was well-crafted and an honest film. I appreciate his capacity to assimilate things into his films" , Bachchan underlined the depth of silence in 'Sarkar' . "Silence was very vocal in the film." The... ... actor pointed out that 'Nishabd' was a departure from the gangster and underworld theme." It is bold and different and not the routine."

Dressed in green-coloured cargos and a checked shirt with a jersey casually flung across his shoulders, the actor appeared in the pink of health on the sets of 'Nishabd' and told well-wishers that he was enjoying Munnar. " I still have not found time to visit a tea manufacturing unit." Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 17 years ago
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

Amitabh in Munnar

'Shooting in these hills is superb' Text and photographs: Rajesh Prasad A tale of ageless love, against the enchanting backdrop of lush green hills and tea gardens. For the last three weeks, Amitabh Bachchan has been shooting in Munnar, Kerala, for Ram Gopal Varma's Nishabd. And the Bollywood legend loves it. "Shooting in these hills is superb," Amitabh says in his suite at the Kerala Tourism Development Corporation's Tea County resort, overlooking verdant gardens. Ready to be driven to the shooting spot, he puts on a red jacket and a red cap. "It is beautifully cold here." "It is great to be away from the maddening cities to a cool place like this. And working with a great team further refreshes you," says the superstar. He sidesteps a question about the movie. "I will tell you about the movie after you watch it! It is simply going to be different film," is all he will say. Nishabd, supposedly the Bollywood version of Vladimir Nakobov's timeless novel Lolita, revolves around a 54-year-old married man, played by Bachchan, who falls in love with a girl 36 years younger than him. Newcomer Gia plays Amitabh's love interest. Revathy, who plays Bachchan's wife, too is tightlipped."The shooting is almost over. I cannot say a word. But I greatly enjoyed acting with Amitabhji," she says.

Varma too is not divulging details. But every crew member is confident Nishabd will be a trendsetter.

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Nishabd irks Shah Rukh
Shah Rukh Khan-Ram Gopal Varma conflict seems to be far from over. Ram Gopal has been chasing Shah Rukh since the last five years. Ramu offered him several films, which Shah Rukh has turned down saying he doesn't want to work in 'dark films'. But finally Shah Rukh gave his nod to Ram Gopal for 'Time Machine'.

Meanwhile Ram Gopal Varma has started shooting of a quick film 'Nishabd' instead of going ahead with the pre-production of 'Time Machine', which has irked Shah Rukh Khan hugely.
There is a rumour that Shah Rukh is so miffed with Ram Gopal Varma that he has even decided to walk out of the film.
Shah Rukh, who currently in Malaysia for 'Don' shooting, thought to start working with Ramu from August.
According to source close to Shah Rukh, "Shah Rukh was surprised to read about 'Nishabd' in the newspaper. He thought that Ramu was working on his film 'Time Machine', but when Shah Rukh realized that he's actually making another film, he was taken aback." As per source, Shah Rukh had even requested Ramu over telephone to start the pre-production of 'Time Machine'. However Ramu, who was in Kerala now shooting 'Nishabd' starring Amitabh Bachchan, denied the rumour.