Jalpari GEO TV full drama review - TVKahani

Taify thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Home    |    Happenings    |    Dramas    |    Celebrities    |    Ratings    |    Contests    |     Forums     |    Contact    |

Jalparit(GEO TV)

Preview
 Cast & Crew
 Wallpapers & Images
 Articles
 Trailers
 Full Episodes
 OST+Lyrics
 Review
 Trivia
 Fanclub

Review  

By : - Altaf Hussain.

Sarmad Khoosat is on a roll these days thanks to Humsafar. The director has another serial Jalpari on Geo Television these days, and today we review it for you.

Humsafar is a love story and one expected Jalpari to be the same. Love stories are the flavor of the season, but Jalpari takes a different route altogether. The drama reminds you of the golden era, when dramas were lapped by one and all, and every one of them had a unique flavor. Without comparing it to the classics, we are posting an unbiased review.

Here, the director tackles a subject that is new, and different in its own way. Directors today seldom go this route.Sarmad Khoosat brings a breeze of fresh air with this one.

Jalpari tells the story of Shaista(Neelum Muneer) who belongs to a middle class family.She is lonely and falls in love with her teacher played by Adnan Siddiqui. Shaista, who only has a sister Shamim, goes through many phases in her life finally achieving her goal, that is to be rich and happy. Jalpari is basically her story that has many layers to it.

This  drama has it all from tension filled moment to a love story. The best part is the surprise element. The director gets it right from the very first episode, and there is not a single dull moment. Much credit goes to the writer Sarmad, who has written a marvelous script that holds on its own. The dialogues are hard hitting and witty at the same time.But, they say nothing is perfect, and the saying remains true to Jalpari too.There are few glitches from writing point of view, i.e: How is Neelum able to speak such exceptional English in a very short span of time? Also, there are far too many side tracks. Tipu's sister track is totally not required at all.

This is Neelum Muneer's first leading role, and the actress sinks her teeth into it. She renders the role with utmost sincerity, but I feel a more experienced actress could've done more justice to this extremely wonderful role, that offers so much. Nevertheless this is the beginning of another phase in Neelam's career. Adnan Siddiqui is lying low these days, but here the actor gets a chance to play a role that is tailor made for him and leaves you impressed. His dialogue delivery is excellent. Specially the "kiss" scene is marvellous, and gives you goose bumps.

It is good seeing Noman Ijaz playing a role his age. The actor is efficient, like always. Mekaal is surely improving, but still has a long way to go. Hina Khwaja is one of the most under-rated actresses we have, and deserve more screen time. Mahjabeen Habib is marvelous, and fills this great role beautifully. The last time time I spoke to Tipu, he told me he was interested in changing his image and here he comes in a role that is totally in contrast to what he has been doing lately, but the actor unfortunately fails. He does not suit the role, but plays it sincerely. The rest of the cast is great, and everyone plays his or her role exceptionally well.

The director deserves an extra star for his amazing direction. He extracts great performances out of the cast. The OST is underused, and very difficult on the lips. Editing is perfect, and the background music is exceptional-one of the best today. The camera work is wonderful too.

Over all, this is one of the best serials on screen these days. that one should definitely give a try. But, I have an issue. The drama deserves to be "adult only" due to the double-meaning words, and obscenity. Please, give this one a try for the never-getting-dull storyline, sensatinonal dialogues and strong performances. You won't be disappointed.

Ratings :

About Us    |    Privacy Policy    |    Site Map    |    Disclaimer    |    Careers    |    Feedback    

Edited by Taify - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Paramore thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i love the drama its awesome and the title song is beautiful Chandrma aah gives me goosebumps beautiful song beautiful inndeed 
Taify thumbnail
lol :P chadarmaa means chaand?
Paramore thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
yes it means chaand and chaand is also said to a person or thing you can love and want from far but you can never meet him/her/it thats maybe the theme behind the song Neelam or Shahista in the drama wants happiness and power but she can never get it 
Taify thumbnail
ahan thx for xplanation.. :P
this one has some really over-the-top dialogues.
starstruckk thumbnail
I started seeing this drama and I really like it. Sarmad's definitely on a roll these days. All of his dramas, thus far are entertaining, well directed, and enjoyable. I've seen 7 episodes so far and all of them have been fast paced without any dull moments. Hopefully the remaining episodes are the same as well. & I too feel someone else would've been better for the role that Tipu's playing..he just doesn't seem to click in my opinion. Edited by starstuck - 12 years ago
Taify thumbnail
well, what do you think, Sarmad's direction is better in which of the two serials? Jalpari or Husmafar?

mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing!
I like this show alot ! Especially Neelam, she has acted brilliantly! And as usual Sarmat is a great director!
😃
starstruckk thumbnail
Originally posted by: Taify

well, what do you think, Sarmad's direction is better in which of the two serials? Jalpari or Husmafar?

I think both dramas have been directed very well. 

The only reason why I attempted to see Jalpari was because I found out that Sarmad directed it. I think both the dramas are different and hence you have to see Sarmad's direction differently too.

I feel Jalpari has far more superior actors than that of Humsafar's. Just take the main lead Neelum from Jalpari and Mahira from Humsafar..Neelum is a way better actress than Mahira and she's fairly new herself. In my opinion, the strongest actor in Humsafar has always been Fawad..and I've said this a million times before. Everyone else isn't all that great when it comes to acting...whereas in Jalpari, almost all the actors are very good actors. So, I feel Sarmad probably didn't have to work as hard with Jalpari because many of them are pretty good at what they do to begin with. However, I feel he had to work more in bringing out the best in every single actor in Humsafar, & like I said..besides Fawad everyone else is mediocre with their acting skills..and everything that they have done thus far in the serial has a lot to do with Sarmad. . Therefore, I'd say his direction in Humsafar is more commendable but he's done a great job in both. I'd also like to make a point that Jalpari, I feel..has a stronger storyline than Humsafar.