Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pj04 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

To all,  I have addressed all of your comments.

First of all, all the issues here are getting twisted. Please pay attention to the show. I don't think anyone does otherwise there wouldn't be such comments.

No, I don't think ugly people should commit suicide, but if they want to get anywhere in life they have to change their appearance to a bit more attractive than the way Jassi looked.  The only reason Arman hired her in the first place was because he did not want Pari. 

completely agree with you here, you are very right when you observed that armaan did not hire jassi bcoz of her resume but bcoz he did not want to hire pari

I don't make the rules of the world.  If you want to start the trend, go out and start looking like the way Jassi used to and change the world.....I dare you all.

i tend to disagree with you here. i agree that women are still evaluated in many places by her looks(incidentally so are men...nandu had a hard time getting a job inspite of his obvious genius in financial investments). however the new mantra is not looks but personality(remember sushmita took a lead over very photogenic aishwarya). while looks are a part of personality so are intelligence , humour, confidence etc. if you look at very sucessful women in any industry who rose to new heigts from thier humble beginning(several directors in banks like icici, film directors....etc), you will find that they were not great lookers but people with intelligence and confidence and they started 20 yrs back(it was a very male dominated society in india then)

The point I'm trying to make clear is that why do we discourage a woman who looks good and is out there making a name for herself in the world. Why do we prefer her to look unattractive.  I believe that only if someone looked like Jassi, they would prefer everyone to be like her.

no one is trying to discourage women from looking good(it is her birthright). also no one seems to prefer a dowdy looking female to a knock out. however in the show change in looks seem to turn jassi into completely different person. she seems to lose her inherent sweetness with every day of makeover and that saddens me. why are being tough and bitchiness considered equivalent. why does having looks and confidence translate into being mean.it almost seems like jassi made a deal with devil and sold her soul for looks.there can be a sweetness and kindness even in most shallow and  confident people(think of the protagonists in legally blonde and clueless). but jassi seems to change overnight into something very cold.

Watch the show and pay attention....she is not using Parub, he presented her with the opportunity to become a model.  Another news flash to everyone......he fired his model not JESSICA. It's not Jessica's fault that he is madly in love with her. Parub needs to wake up and smell the coffee and realize that JESSICA  is in love with him but with Arman and he know is, but still he is helping her.

purab is madly in love with jassi.he offered her an opportunity (i can assure you it was not completely levelheaded business decision). while it is not jessica's fault but there are times when you know what the other person  is about, what he expects and how far he is willing to go for it. jassi knows that purab hopes to win her heart. she also knows that while purab offers a business contract , it is almost impossible to keep it impersonal. still she goes ahead with it . she is using him , even if she has no other alternative. or in other word let us just say that she takes purab for granted without an ounce of thought for purab's feelings or how she is leading him to his heartbreak once more.

Correct me if I'm wrong again, didn't she tell him that she was going to keep her personal life out the picture and was living with him ONLY to become a model and that too not to make money or get fame, but only to go back to GM.  Lastly Parub is no stranger, if I'm not mistake she did conider him a friend and vice versa.

here are my questions

1) how do you keep your personal life out of picture when you are staying with a person, spending a huge chunk of your time in his close proximity(you even end up sleeping on his lap). he is picking up your clothes, taking care of your food and such.sounds like saying and doing are going to end up as two different issues. also as you said purab is her friend hence it is personal front once again intruding on a cold blooded business deal.

2)was being model the only way to return to gm(incidentally she never says she wants to go back to gm...she just says she wants to be very successful and avenge her parent's embarassment). what about jessica going in as financial consultant(she could be college friend of jassi).purab could always find a way to get her in gm.

When she was Jassi people were ganging up on her, but now as Jessica she will be able to fight them better. She has power which she did not have before. She can go back to GM and take care of business. As Jassi they would walk all over her, who would believe her story? and who did? News Flash to everyone...... he parents don't even believe her, what do you expect from the media?

nobody was ganging on her...infact jassi was more lucky than most. she had armaan, her gang and her friend nandu with her along with purab and nandini. it was only mallika and aryan who tried to push her out(even they supported her at times like during her term as ceo). actually pari is the one everyone ganged up on....the office gang made fun of her, aryan blackmailed her, armaan looked at her with disdain and raj used her. that was what ganging up means.she had more power as jassi than jessica when it comes to gulmohar. also her running away discredited her more than mallika and aryan ever could(there would be no question about the embezzelment of money since she was there to answer all quesions).her parents don't believe her bcoz she made some fatal mistakes by making false balance sheets and unfortunately malikka's accusation were quite close to home truth(she did play a role in gm's downfall even if it was by armaan's orders and she did love and had a romance with armaan even she she was not sleeping with him). to her parents (who saw her as very model honest , simple girl), all this was bound to come as a shock....hence the anger.

Talk about values, it works both ways. Where were Jassi's parents when she needed them? If I'm not mistaken she did come back, but her FATHER KICKED HER OUT!. What about a father's duty to trust her daughter. Bebe trusts her, but she can't do anything to help her. She even called the house, but her father was really to shoot her. What would you guys do? Billu made no attempt to even talk to his daughter to find out what the truth is.  What about his values and teachings?  I don't expect Jassi or Jessica to act the way she did and run away.

okie....let me ask you all, how many times have our parents ranted that we have disappointed them, they would rather not have a daughter/ son like us or they wish they would never see us again or something as hurtful. how many of us walk out of that house....none. all of us wait for them to cool down and then explain. billu had always stood by his daughter(more than any parents i have seen stand by thier kid), however she did the unthinkable from his point of view and let us just say he got very mad. what does jassi do she walks out of there to become model and take revenge instead of solving the current crisis and proving the accusations wrong

Sorry, my parents love me enough to have full trust in me now matter what the media says or any stranger for that matter. I don't know about you guys, but normal parents who love their kids don't kick them out of the house based on false rumors.

well you are very lucky dear , however i wrote in detail why billu would have thought the accusations true.....refer to

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22224&KW =pj04&TPN=3

As far as values go, just because she is staying with Parub doesn't mean anything. I'm sorry if I'm not mistaken, they haven't even touch each other. What does sanskars have to do with residing in someone else's house? What age are we living in again? 

okay ...every society has a set of rules. they are there to avoid misunderstandings and complications. indian society does not look at  an unmarried couple living together with a favourable view. most people who opt for live in relationship have to bear the brunt of societal wrath(unless they end up getting married later). a women should realise the risk she is taking by indulging in such decisions. what is wrong about demanding a hotel room or an apartment close to purab's house. i am sure purab would have understood(being mature and worldly wise) had she insisted on it. it does not matter to him since he is still open to marrying her but since jassi/jessica has no such intentions, she was supposed to raise the issue.okay it is 20th century but somethings never change.

Why is everyone so harsh and dead set against blasting this character is beyond me. As far as I'm concern and most liberal and open minded individuals will agree is that JESSICA deserves the spot light she has achieved.

nobody is being harsh or is dead set against the character. actually i am applauding this new twist . however if you are a blf fanatic, or jjkn fanatic.....in the original storyline, betty never loses her simplicity and sweetness(even after makeover). she is the same person inside even if her body has been primmed up.she ends up retaining viewer's sympathy till the very end. in indian version she keeps going overboard. as jassi she was very stupid to the extent that most people found it hard to identify with her or sympathise with her, when she went for makeover she went overboard with her coldness/singlemindedness. the masses once again are finding it hard to sympathise with her. if she turns as manipulative as mallika or meenaxi, why should her efforts be applauded while thiers condemned . in short how is she different from them.

Part of what Jessica is doing is because this is a non fictional soap. I really don't want to debate on a directors point of view of entertaining the audience. Watch the show for what it is.

once again agree with you

Everyone should just relax, the show hasn't even come to an end. JESSICA is and will in the end be a true winner.

Cheers!

peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

PJ04

Very well said.  I enjoyed the healthy debate you put forth.  Thanks for you intelligent responses.  I enjoyed them. šŸ‘

I still stand firm to my ideas.šŸ˜‰

Regards,

lub_u thumbnail
i don't hate jessica too and she much stronger than the old jassi but you don't have to change yourself in order to take revenage from someone. you can just be your self and take it.
vishakha thumbnail

Originally posted by: jprasad

I have to thoroughly disagree. Jessica does not make every woman proud. She chose revenge to get even. If she was sensible, she would have just gone to Gulmohour to find out what was going on, but she didn't. Where are her sanskars when she is staying with a stranger? I don't relate to Jessica and her scheming to get another model fired to take her place cuz she can't do it on her own. I don't care if the model is mean to her. We work with plenty of mean people, doesn't mean you get them fired. Her message is that if you are ugly you have no place in this world. Ugly people gotta commit suicide cuz they won't be able to make it in this world. šŸ¤¢

Completely agree with you. And why did she chose to go with Purab. Why not Nandu or Gang ? (in fact she owes a big explanation to nandu who is her best friend)
She should have stayed in mumbai to face the situation instead of running away. That would have made me proud of her. This supermodel, shopping, makeup, seductive clothes    and attitute this does not make me proud of her. Not at all.
saarahkhann thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i totally agree with peaches....very well said šŸ‘
jprasad thumbnail

Puja!!  Well said!!  šŸ‘

I just want to add that I am not interested in Jessica.  I haven't been watching JJKN for almost two years to see Jessica come to life.  Isn't the show named Jassi jaissi koi nahin????  I don't care what Jassi looks like.  For all of you BLF / JJKN fans, do you care what Jassi looks like???  Has it ever affected your love for Jassi.  What has affected our love for Jassi is everything that Puja is saying about her transformation.  She is turning into a scheming b****, however, this is Jessica.

Furthermore, I don't give a rat's a$$ if she stays with Purab, however, now it makes her look like a hypocrite.  You can't shout sanskars and then go against sanskars, but of course this is Jessica.  Sure Purab fired his model, but if Jassi was confident enough in herself, she would not have let Purab fire his model, but again, this is Jessica.

My hope is that someday T&D realize that we just want the Jassi that we once watched JJKN for. 

alien_visitor thumbnail

Jassi with so much brilliance chose to show skin to take revenge. Disgusting...

Armaan will never approve.

peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

To alien_visito's comment

What age are we living in ?  In response to "Armaan will never approve"....who the hell is Armaan to decide how Jessic or Jessica should look like.  NO MAN HAS A RIGHT TO APPROVE WHAT OR WHAT A WOMAN MUST LOOK LIKE, I don't care even if she loves him.

I guess you are correct in your profile name "alien_visito", you certainly are not from earth!

And JESSICA has not shown any sikn for revenge.  She's not posing for Playboy, she's a fashion model, there is huge difference.  There is nothing wrong with this profession.  I have to say her outfits are very classy and sofistacited, so if they were a little revealing what is the big deal.

This is for vishakha's comment....

The reason why any woman would not be proud of her new attitude is because they have this conservative attitude that a woman must always be shy. submissive, and lack self confidence.  I guess they want Jessi to be a reflection of themself.

Why are we restricting her so much.  All she is doing is proving herself to that she is confident and respondin to those people who told her that she was ugly.  Jessi turning into Jessica is such a slap in the face to Raj, Aaryan, and Malika.  I can't want to see the expressions on there faces when they see Jessica.....not that's entertainment.

To jprasad's comment...

If you haven't realized that the show is a remake of another soap...maybe not exactly. The majority of the people watched the show for it's turning point, which was Jassi changing her looks.  Part of the change was a new out look on life, with self confidance.  Sorry if you thought that the show was not going to move on.  Everyone's life changed and so does Jassi's life in the soap. 

May be can get the old episodes and keep watching them over and over and not miss the old Jassi.

I do believe that directors of this show have done an great job.  I wouldn't change it because it has created so much excitment and entertainment for the audiance.  Thoes of you who sill hate the character Jessica, are still drawn to it, so the director's mission was accomplished.

NO woman can continue to tolerate the shit that she went through being Jassi, she now has the world revolving around her.  Why shouldn't she have this new attitude, I don't blame her. I do believe deep down she is the same preson, her exerior might have changed but her inner beauty and innocence still remains the same.

Regards,

jprasad thumbnail
Peaches wrote, "... I wouldn't change it because it has created so much excitment and entertainment for the audiance.  Thoes of you who sill hate the character Jessica, are still drawn to it, so the director's mission was accomplished.

NO woman can continue to tolerate the shit that she went through being Jassi, she now has the world revolving around her.  Why shouldn't she have this new attitude, I don't blame her. I do believe deep down she is the same preson, her exerior might have changed but her inner beauty and innocence still remains the same..."

I actually have found that the deviation has created more questions and confusion than anything else.

I am not drawn to Jessica's character, I think T&D are stupid for following in Kekta's retarded footsteps.

Jassi stuck herself in that shit and she can dig herself out of it.  Inner beauty and innocence and Jessica equal oxymoron.

queenbee thumbnail

Originally posted by: devil_drivers

Peaches, JP and pj..Excellent analysis!

May I now be permitted to present my humble point of view?

OK!

This is just a show and we are supposed to just sit back and enjoy and not work our Grey cells. Indeed?

I'll be lying through my teeth if I say this show hasn't affected me! It has..more than I would choose to! And so have been other people and that's the reason the show got so popular in the first place.

People actually had started identifying themselves with the protagonist; esp dowdy, hard-working, intelligent young girls from the lower strat who had assumed that it was their lot to suffer misery and rejection..they now found their hopes and aspirations re-kindled through the protagonist of the show! We cannot deny this, can we?

I absolutely identify with Jassi..I have learnt a lot from her..honesty, goodwill, perserverence, good humour, self-willā€¦have lived with herā€¦her pain, her happiness..her wrath..her hurt..Yes SIR! I CARE WHERE THIS SHOW'S GOING!

I want it to send the right message like before! We should not forget that Jassi is beautiful who was made to look ugly.

One moment and Voila..she was beautiful! What about those who are born ugly?No make-up..no make-over can make them even tolerable???

The unfortunate message it's now sending by transforming Jassi into Jessica is that ugly people are born to suffer!

And Peaches, DON'T DARE ME! I USUALLY WIN!(Wink!)

I don't discourage or disapprove a woman who wants to look good. Like pj says it's her birth-right! But, if you say it's the looks that instill confidence in her and are the pre-requisite to gain this world's respect and acceptance, I HUGELY DISAGREE!

I have always tried to stand up to the standards and subscribe to the unwritten rules set by our society and this world. I felt miserable! I could neither be true to my new self nor could I completely kill the natural instincts of my old self!

The lesson I have learnt is that THE WORLD SEES YOU AS THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BEā€¦.THE PERSON YOU PORTRAY YOURSELF TO BE..THE PERSON YOU PUT ACROSS TO THEMā€¦.!

I don't believe in flaunting even an inch of sinful flesh nor in embellishments yet I get more respect, love and lift than the so called daring beautiful women!

Because I believe in myself..I have faith in my abilities,..I give and take respect..I stick to my principles and goals as far as I can! You get what you give!

IF YOU THINK YOU ARE DEFICIENT, HELPLESS AND DOOMED TO SUFFER THEN LOOKER OR NOT, YOU WILL BE TREATED LIKE SHIT BY THIS WORLD!!

This is unfortunately the way of this world where Dog eat Dog!

Jassi needed a mental and physical make-over. Yup! But, no justification for the conversion of Jassi into Jessica!

Not because modeling is wrong or inferior though, personally I don't much approve of modeling but because I believe in the container theory of mine that every individual is like water in a container. You may change the container but the water will remain the same! Yes..the temperature of the water may be changed..it may boil..it may freeze..it may become gas..but..the attributes of the water will remain the same!

Here, the change from Jassi to Jessica is dramatic, unconvincing and unrealistic!

('m sorry I'll have to get personal again but my thoughts and impressions are formed from my experiences) If I have to as much as switch over from full arm to half-sleeves, I'll feel like I am being paraded naked (Sleeveless..?Horror!)

But Jessica carried it off like she's being doing it all her life, as if Mona Singh suddenly took over Jassiā€¦!

Jassi as Jessica should have felt and looked uncomfy..must have bumbled and stumbled. Clumsiness is not a habit that can be weaned off overnight!(Again from personal experience!)

She's doing all this for revenge, right? Where's that cold-blooded resoluteness that accompanies a severly wronged woman, whose living in hell..for whom every second of this switch-over is a torture? I agree the coldness does seep in sometimes like when she reacted to the model who was fired by Purab but that looked to me more like arrogance!

And I'm afraid I don't subscribe to her idea of revenge! I would definitely not hide my true identity to take revenge, now that I have the trump card; Kohinoor with me!

I would rather confide in my best friend than in the reticent Buddha who due to his weird sense of sacrifice, slinked away two days before the engagement and me and my family a laughing stock!

And I would definitely make some financial arrangements for my family even though they are angry with me because I know that they love me too much and I believe that hurt and anger is directly proportional to the love you share!

I will try at least once to convince my father that I have not betrayed his faith that I need him..somehow will make him come around! At least will try!

Jassi's abandoning her family, without even trying is not acceptable. She should at least collaborate with Nandu to protect her family from the Police and law and try to track down the wrong-doers while she pursues with her revenge plan.

I don't believe Jessica is using Purab!

He offered her the contract for whatever reasons and showed her a new path which she grabbed. She had always made it clear to him that he was nothing more than a friend. The pity with people is that they believe things will change.

Neither do I believe in the hypocritical sanskaars laid down by the society but then you have to live in this society..you just cannot shun them unless you are willing to be termed eccentric or be condemned as an iconoclast! Esp when your family does care about what society thinks about you.

Jessica's doing all this to get back  to her family. Right?

How then is living with Purab going to help? People will talk, esp when she's going to become a super model.

Will her Papaji understand and accept this situation when he comes to know the truth? Will he not disown Jesssica as well? And will this not breach his trust further and create more complications?

That is why I believe in direct and plain speaking. She should have barged into the Walia household and made Billu listen to herā€¦.give her a chance! One can exercise so much right on one's father who considers you as the apple of his eye!

Purab has not yet learnt his lessons!

In spite of Jassi telling him plainly that she is doing this with a purpose

and there can be nothing between them, he is still heading speedily heading towards another heart-break!

Now that she hopes to avenge whoever they are, I think she needs to specify clearly to Purab where they stand. I mean if I was her, I'd confide entirely to him about my design or I'd tell him clearly to just keep off from my private life! Pure Business!

And I honestly believe that no one can use you unless you choose to!

You may allow yourself to be used maybe due to excessive and self-less love or any other reason, but then you will be responsible for the consequences too! Laying the blame at another's door is absurd!

I'd like to wind up by saying that I am not against the Jessicas of this world but I am against the illogical reasoning and the unconvincing portrayal of the journey from Jassi to Jessica!

The angelic innocenceā€¦ the .. charmā€¦the gullibility combined with the 'never die' attitude f Jassiā€¦the Jassi who was comfy with her self..inspite of rejection and cruelty still hoped to make her way in the world..had implicit faith in herself..didn't need to take the cover of Jessica...that endeared me to Jassiā€¦.that made me yearn to be her..is lost!

I cannot nor do I want to identify myself with Jessica!

Jessica certainly doesn't make me proud!

ARMAAN JASSI FOREVER!

Devil Drivers, I am going to request the moderators to have a new section only for your most thoughtful, sensible, articulate, discriminating, say-it-like-it-is posts!!

I'm speechless!!!!!!!!!!! šŸ‘

You have hit the nail BANG on the head .. every word is true as far as I'm concerned.

I wish this post would garner more eyeballs... why don't you make it a new thread??????? Or maybe I'll just keep posting into this thread until people get sick of it popping up as the #1 thread and are forced to read it and respond!šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰

Hats off honey!!!šŸ˜³