sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Chup ChupkeSameera Reddy will probably have to watch out for in-house competition, what with the way sister Sushma Reddy's career is zooming on a fast track. Sushma who made her acting debut with the not-so-happening CHOCOLATE opposite Anil Kapoor, has bagged two prized projects, with two more on the verge of confirmation. That is besides her forthcoming release with Priyadarshan, CHUP CHUPKE, in which she is paired with Shahid and Kareena Kapoor.

To start with Mahesh Manjrekar has signed her for his film, BIG BAZAAR, which tackles the underbelly of Mumbai and the problems faced by mill-workers. "I have a pivotal role in the ensemble cast of the film. When Mahesh narrated it to me, I was absolutely zapped. It reminded me of his dark and brooding gangster flicks," she recalls. The film is being produced by Sangeeta Ahir, who had last produced, the Sanjay Dutt-Shahid Kapur starrer, VAAH!! LIFE HO TO AISI.

View CHOCOLATE Premiere Picture GalleryIn addition, Sushma has also been confirmed to play the female lead in Punit Issar's next film, which is being reportedly planned on a big scale and is scheduled to take off later this year. Besides the above two, there are two more projects, which will be officially announced in the next two weeks. "The film with Punit Issar has all the trappings of a very big film. I also have very interesting roles in both the films that I have recently signed, but I am not in a position to talk about them right now," she says.

Currently, she is eagerly looking forward to the April 28 release of CHUP CHUPKE, in which she has been teamed up with Kareena Kapoor and Shahid Kapur. "It is dark, romantic comedy with a love triangle between me, Kareena and Shahid," she informs, adding that she bagged the film when CHOCOLATE was underway. "In fact, I had to take a day off from the shooting of the film to attend the premier of CHOCOLATE," she says.

She is particularly excited about her look in the film, which is a far cry from what she looked in CHOCOLATE. "The audiences, who have seen my zany look in CHOCOLATE, will be in for a big surprise. I have a simple poker-faced village girl look in the film. In fact, some of Sameera's friends who saw the recently released trailers on the satellite media failed to recognize me," she says. She admits that she'd like to have a different look in each film, which is one of the criteria for her choice of films. "I am very particular about my look and I'd love to have the same element of surprise in all my roles," she says.

On the other hand, she is in no hurry to take on more projects. She admits that it is a very deliberate strategy she has adopted in her career. "I am making a concerted effort to carefully choose and pick roles. I am doing so on purpose because I am aware of the dangers of getting trapped in a particular slot. Post CHOCOLATE, I did get some very interesting offers which appeared interesting on the face of it. I refused them for good since they all proved to be eventual duds at the box-office. I am glad that I did not get carried away by the numbers game at that time," she says.