Chain reaction: KT-KD and media madness

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
🤣oh the sorry  state of affairs (pun intended)🤣 when we got a barrage of media reports speculating KD-KTs equation etc.. some of us were saying how its a chain reaction and one report just instigated others where even the phrases sounded same.. epic was when I opened TOI page this morning🤣 they are taking pride in a fallacy.. oh well ðŸ˜† in the meantime only popularizing the actors.. or does it mean this story is such a hot cake😆 ... opinions anyone? the TOI article and link.. I cldnt help share it as I had a big laugh at the sad state of journalism.. tht too gossip column😆

---------------

Imitation is the best form of flattery

And yes, copycat Hindustan Times, we're flattered! 

Here's the thing about our stories. Even the competition wants to use them verbatim. Word for word. Byline included. 

Don't take our word for it. Hindustan Times has actually used a story from BT's television page. The story written by Neha Maheshwri titled 'More than friends' appeared in Bombay Timeson December 9. The same piece has appeared with her byline intact in HT on December 11. 

"Plagiarism is one of journalism's unforgivable sins." That's a quote from The Washington Post's internal code of standards and ethics. "Attribution of material from other newspapers and other media must be total," the code states. The rival paper has, of course, taken that very seriously and even given credit to the BT reporter, clearly that is a faux pas on their part, but we aren't complaining. 

Meanwhile the BT writer Neha Maheshwri has been fending off calls from her friends and family, who've been inquiring when she moved to the rival paper after seeing her name in HT Cafe, a supplement of Hindustan Times. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Oh it's so lame! I guess it started off from the TB video where it was suggested and TOI is well known for copying stories from other sources so yeh it becomes a chain reaction.

I don't know if anything is brewing between them or not and it's not my business either but can these articles please come up with something original for once :\
sonali.19281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Reemz*

Oh it's so lame! I guess it started off from the TB video where it was suggested and TOI is well known for copying stories from other sources so yeh it becomes a chain reaction.

I don't know if anything is brewing between them or not and it's not my business either but can these articles please come up with something original for once :\

I am beyond being appalled by how sad and superficial journalism and reporting is.. the fact this news has made it to different papers etc I guess gives away that its material enogh to grab eye balls.. but what's even worse is these so called journos in leading dailies have such bad vocab and grammar.. i feel like there is a prototype that gets used with different pair of celebrity names.. like at least come up with new phrases😆 coz face it this kinda chindi gossip wont stop.. bollywood and tv actors all accept it as part of the deal..and even the makers in general dont mind coz it keeps their show in the news
Hubze thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
God why they get personal man??? Can't they leave them alone...😡
MariQuestFilms thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I know Sonali.. seriously its just crazy. Its like since that TB thing.. then TOI.. then Indya.. then so and so sites!! Its just gone out of hand now. POOR JOURNALISM seriously - Its wrong in all respects for gossip media to go speculating about actors personal life. I guess thats why people call them 'tabloid media'...  Will never change.. but doesn't mean its less annoying.
sonali.19281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MariFuze

I know Sonali.. seriously its just crazy. Its like since that TB thing.. then TOI.. then Indya.. then so and so sites!! Its just gone out of hand now. POOR JOURNALISM seriously - Its wrong in all respects for gossip media to go speculating about actors personal life. I guess thats why people call them 'tabloid media'...  Will never change.. but doesn't mean its less annoying.

tell me about it.. but it was even more howlarious that one newspaper is calling on the other one for copying this news segment🤣🤣 like how pathetic can it get.. really😆 I can only 😆 tht they think this chindi reporting is worth fighting or gushing about.. at least one thing is looking obvious that truth or not.. KT-KD chem has suddenly become the fave toy for media... till they find their next one on tv.. ðŸ˜† till someone breaks up, or is caught philandering or some other 'good friends' are picked on.. oh wait did i forget the famous jani dushman category😆.. the silver lining is at least KT-KD chem is projected as the next hot thing instead of negatively publicizing it.. 
MariQuestFilms thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sonali.19281

tell me about it.. but it was even more howlarious that one newspaper is calling on the other one for copying this news segment🤣🤣 like how pathetic can it get.. really😆 I can only 😆 tht they think this chindi reporting is worth fighting or gushing about.. at least one thing is looking obvious that truth or not.. KT-KD chem has suddenly become the fave toy for media... till they find their next one on tv.. ðŸ˜† till someone breaks up, or is caught philandering or some other 'good friends' are picked on.. oh wait did i forget the famous jani dushman category😆.. the silver lining is at least KT-KD chem is projected as the next hot thing instead of negatively publicizing it.. 

LOOOL Sonali.. I know... I find it sooo hilarious how TOI are like actually celebrating the fact that their article on KT KD got copied by Hindustan times.. And acting as if it makes them  (TOI) such great media and reliablely better rofl.  ðŸ¤£ what a joke! They are all as bad as eachother.
But yes I agree with your last line.. Thats the ONLY silver lining I guess that its projected in that way. The media just can't get enough of them offscreen more then us lol  Until they find their next targets!! LOL. good or bad like u said.
Ozymandias thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
that's a real article? ahaha. someone's jobless!
sonali.19281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: trouble_maker

that's a real article? ahaha. someone's jobless!

oh puhleez.. ðŸ˜† its funny dude😆 one paper calling the other a copycat over some chindi tabloid news..  btw u r so out of the loop on the fun stuff these days😆 get yer egjams done with soon..got loads of random trash to share😉🤣 miss our collective comments on everything and everyone that we do comment on🤣
maryumtalks thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
lol TOI is dumb and so are the rest of them!