|| Debina Bonnerjee Choudhary AT #1 ||

Posted: 12 years ago

-Thank you AishuJSKfan for the beautiful banners!-

Welcome to the appreciation thread of Mrs. Debina Gurmeet Choudhary!

Before you take part in this thread, please keep in mind a few, simple rules:

This is an appreciation thread, so that means absolutely NO bashing allowed. However, this does not keep the bashers out, so if anyone sees bashing posts, please please please do not reply to them. Do not start fights here. Just ignore the bashing posts, report them, and wait for the mods to take of it. Often times, not acknowledging bashers is the best medicine you can give them.

This appreciation thread is mainly for supporting Debina in Chidiya Ghar and praising her acting, but if you have some constructive criticism to give her, that too is fine. However, there is a very clear line between constructive criticism and bashing, but if you do not know the difference between both, please refrain from posting at all.

This is the only thread in all of the Chidiya Ghar forum where Debina's other shows/movies can be mentioned and/or discussed. Please refrain from opening threads about her work in Ramayan, Mayavi, Pati Patni aur Woh, Nayi Chetna, Zor Ka Jhatka, or Star Ya Rockstar. Instead, discuss her acting in them here so that the forum is not filled with irrelevant topics.

Debina's personal life may be discussed as long as it is NOT bashed. People may talk about her marriage with Gurmeet Choudhary, or her relationships with the other members of her family like mother, father, brother, in-laws, etc, but when bashing is involved, like "her onscreen mother looks better than her real-life mother", or "her onscreen chemistry with so and so is better than with Gurmeet", then the member will be asked to leave.

That's basically it, so I hope you guys enjoy yourselves here and continue to support Debina in Chidiya Ghar!
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 12 years ago

'My husband is like a cow'

Personal Life
Debina Bonnerjee, from Kolkata, had no dreams of becoming an actress or model or doctor or engineer. In 1994, Debina got inspiration for modeling from Sushmita Sen, who won the Miss Universe. Debina groomed herself as she grew up by looking after her skin and fitness, keeping up to the latest fashion trends, etc. Debina even worked on her studies simultaneously. Debina's parents told her that if she would be good at something, they wouldn't ever turn her down from whatever she wanted to do. So to get their approval for modeling, Debina pushed herself up from a below average student to a rank holder! So one day Debina casually told her parents while reading the advertisement from the news paper about the Ms. Calcutta contest. Debina's mom said no, but her dad agreed. Debina's mom had to give in to them.

After meeting him much before the auditions of Mayavi, Debina married actor Gurmeet Choudhary on February 15, 2011.

Early Career
Debina participated and reached the final 20. But she was out in the first round. Instead of going home, Debina sat through it till the end just to see what the winner had in her that she lacked. Then after that, Debina took part in other contests like Lakme which she won, and so did Reshmi Ghosh. Debina took part in the Ms. Calcutta contest again next year and won that one! Debina came to Mumbai with just one suitcase. Before coming there, Debina gave her entry for the Ms. Bollywood Contest organized by Sahara and was called to Mumbai. One early morning Debina was walking through Juhu and a director from the South came up to her and asked didn't she go for the auditions he had held for the past four days. The director liked her audition. It was an Anandiyadi production, the house that boasts of Gemini and Sun TV in the South. The director auditioned Debina for the second lead but ended giving her first lead. Debina immediately signed her next film with Shivraj Kumar in Kannada and another in Tamil with Captian Vijaykanth. Serials weren't really on her mind as of then. Around then, Debina got a 3-D serial offer, but she was not keen on serials. So she rejected but after Gurmeet insisted her to try it out, Debina auditioned and took it up. This project even went for the Seon Film Festival and won the first prize in the foreign film category.

Television
After the 3-D serial, Debina was next seen on television screen as Devi Sita in Ramayan. After that, 'Pati Patni aur Woh' came by which Gurmeet and Debina both thought was perfect for them to get out of the mythological characters' mould, set free, and get themselves identified as and by their real names.
Debina was next seen on Zor Ka Jhatka and Star Ya Rockstar as a contestant, and she is now playing the role of Mayuri Narayan in SAB TV's comedy show, Chidiya Ghar. Rumors say Debina may participate in Nach Baliye as a contestant along side Gurmeet.

Birthday

18th April 1983

Sun-Sign
Aries

^^ The following was copied and modified from Debina's celebrity profile on IF:

Visit Debina and Gurmeet Choudhary's Blog Here:
http://gurmeetdebina.india-forums.com/

January 7, 2010 

I'm from Kolkata! I had no dreams of becoming an actress or model or doctor or engineer. Then in 1994 when Sushmita Sen won the Miss Universe, I remember was in class four or five. Her victory was well promoted all over in children magazines, posters, news papers and so on. After seeing them, I thought that if one Bengali can win a crown, why can't one more? So that's when I nurtured the thought of being the next one, but never had the courage to tell my parents about quitting studies and entering the modeling world. I did groom myself as I grew up with looking after my skin and fitness, keeping up to the latest fashion trends, etc. I even worked at my studies simultaneously. My parents told me that if I would be good at something, they wouldn't ever turn me down from whatever I wanted to do. So to get their approval for modeling, I pushed myself up from a below average student to a rank holder! Then is when I considered telling my parents about my inclination. So one day I casually told my parents while reading the advertisement from the news paper about the Ms. Calcutta contest. My mom said a no, but my dad agreed which I least expected! My mom had to give in.

I participated and reached the final 20. But I was out in the first round. Instead of going home, I sat through it till the end just to see what the winner had in her that I lacked. It wasn't taken by me in a defeated way, but in a healthy way. Then after that I took part in other contests like Lakme which I won, and so did Reshmi Ghosh. She was already an established model then. I took part in the Ms. Calcutta contest again next year and won that one!

Then is when I regained my confidence and made sure I only went up from there. I don't take defeat at face value but instead as learning experience. Along with all this I pursued my studies as my family is filled with graduates and I of course didn't want to be the odd one out! My family is a very literate family. After graduating, I told my parents I wanted to try my luck in Mumbai. My father supported me and I'm sure without my family's good wishes, I wouldn't have got anywhere. I came to Mumbai with just one suitcase. Before coming here, I gave my entry for the Ms. Bollywood Contest organized by Sahara and was called to Mumbai. Then is when I first saw this city. Through this contest is when I met Gurmeet. Then I came back to Calcutta but wished for Mumbai again. So from the 30 people I knew via the contest, I only called the close ones before coming. I had called Gurmeet who was excited and said he would come receive me at the airport but didn't show up! Thank God to be on the safer side, I had also called another friend of mine...She did come and I stayed in with her for a week before becoming a PG and then bought my own flat. One early morning I was walking through Juhu and a director from the South came up to me showing me my picture, asking if that was me. I said yes! He asked me why I didn't write my contact number on it and didn''''t go for the auditions he had held for the past four days! I told him I didn't mind auditioning now and did at someone's office that I knew. He liked my audition and said he must cast me in his film. It was an Anandiyadi production, the house that boasts of Gemini and Sun TV in the South. This I had no clue about! He auditioned me for the second lead but ended giving me first lead. I didn't quite show any excitement thinking things are final only when proved final! He told me I'd be over the moon after 15 days when I would be sent the contract. Then is when I was excited and had a very good time shooting. We had a big banner, great music and dance, some of the best locations in the south like the Ramuji Film City...So that's how my journey in the south began. I immediately signed my next film with Shivraj Kumar in Kannada and another in Tamil with Captian Vijaykanth. Serials weren't really on my mind as of then!

Meanwhile I kept meeting Gurmeet often. His friend and my flat mate were dating. The four of us had met through the Sahara Contest. One day I told Gurmeet how his friend was taking advantage of his friendship and used him only for transportation because they were at Bandra and we at Oshiwara. Gurmeet would drop him back home at two and three in the morning! So basically Gurmeet and I started with my care and concern for him. I felt the need to protect him. I don't like nonsense of this sort and cannot stand wrong. I got out of that PG flat and Gurmeet drove me around on his bike to find me another place to live. We found me a flat and since then, we understood each other and our needs very well. We had no friends except each other and from then on, our comfort levels been fantastic. Around then I got a 3-D serial offer. But I was not keen on serials. However, Gurmeet auditioned and took it up. It was his first break! He was to fly to Bangalore for the shoot but just two days before had caught malaria! He was very upset since he wanted to do this project very badly. I even went to drop him to the airport for his flight in the morning but he was just not in the state to go. So I contacted the serial team and vouched for Gurmeet reaching there by the evening flight. I got him home and after following his medications and injections, he flew in the evening, reached there in the chilling winter weather, gave his shot, called me and said that he was fine! I was so proud of him! It was wonderful to have him do what his heart wanted to do, even though his brain and body were not in sync. Gurmeet's determination helped him. One week after the shoot, he told me how good the project was and the team, cast and crew too. It was 3-D on Television for the first time in Asia, history by itself! He insisted I try out for it so I did. Unfortunately the girl who had shot for a week was replaced by me! I do feel guilty at times but then again, if you want something, you must go for it. I''''m very glad I did it. This project even went for the Seon Film Festival and won the first prize in the foreign film category. This project proved better for Gurmeet. He not only played the negative role, but also the parallel lead. The places we shot at were not well equipped and in remote villages. Gurmeet did all the stunts without a stunt man and did a fabulous job! He left his impressions in everyone's heart as a good and fun human being, as well as a talented actor with tremendous potential.

After that is when "Ramayan" happened to us. Guru tried for the auditions and asked me too. So once again I followed him and we were to play Ram and Sita. In the first week itself, the production house got many calls on how Gurmeet was so widely and happily accepted as Ram. This had set a high expectation on me to play Sita as well, if not better. The script writers had modified Sita''''s role and added fire and justice into her personality to make it more relatable to today''''s woman. They were all impressed as to how naturally it came from within for me. There were times when I would get so engrossed into my role that I would cry on the injustice Sita would have to bear! I started feeling very strongly for my role. Once I thought I needed psychiatric help, I was so into my character! I remember how on the last day I cried rivers without any glycerin help! It was a big deal for me, because being able to touch the audience is hard enough, but to move your colleagues, who know you are acting as they are at the same too, is harder or maybe hardest! During my last shot, as all of us were viewing it, many of my costars cried, including Gurmeet! It was a special episode for me and made me realize how many people I might have touched. After that 'Pati Patni aur Woh' came by which Gurmeet and I both thought was perfect for us to get out of the mythological characters' moulds, set free and get ourselves identified as and by our real names. Now I'm working on myself, ready for more interesting and diverse projects, as challenging as can be.

November 22, 2010

Hi All,

Debina here! As you all know Guru (Gurmeet) has just recently recovered from his illness and hopefully he will never have to look back. We have been through some really stressful and testing time and so Guru wanted to go away and enjoy time with friends and family. The best option for us was to take a trip to Kolkata as that was the best we could think of since we would have family support incase of an emergency. I am sharing some pictures of our trip to Kolkata with you all - it was a fun holiday!

The ethnicity of the city is always enticing - from the nature to hand pulling rickshaw. I made Guru enjoy each moment as it came. And yes how can I forget his fetish for ROSOGOLLA - he thoroughly enjoyed the yummy dessert. In fact he became an eye candy for all those who saw him finish innumerable rosogollas in a ziffy. Have a look and enjoy till we get back.

Love,
Debina
June 26, 2010

To All Our Blog Readers,

Long time right? Sorry for not being able to reach out to you all earlier but schedules have been quite hectic. Today we both are in a nostalgic mood as its been a year since Ramayanended. We thought why not share our thoughts on these golden days with you.

Debina: I had to cry for the last scene of the last episode, my tears far from being just on-screen became quite visible off-screen. I was in pain as my character of Sita which I had played for 1.5 years was coming to an end; I had felt Sita's pain throughout the portrayal of the character and it was difficult to see this journey come to an end. After a day or so, we all sat down together to see the episode and I had to ask Guru to tell me if people around could feel Sita's pain. It was with the death of Sita that our whole team realized that the show had really come to an end. As I narrate this day to you all, my eyes are again filled with tears. Those were really the golden days and unknowingly we created history.

May 11, 2010

Hi friends!

All of you must be very well informed about the need and importance of fitness these days. Its not only to look good and enhance your overall personality, but also to feel healthy and fresh. But with the kind of stress and crazy schedules everyone has irrespective of the field you are working in, staying away from binging on sweets, candy and carbs is a tad difficult!

Ask me-I was no fitness freak or strict with my food habits and exercising! And the industry as you know demands its members to remain in shape, in spite of the extreme working hours!

But I am not a loser. I have never given up on anything and know for a fact I can overcome whatever comes my way, once I have fixated my mind on it. Same applies to this. My target was to lose approximately 12 kgs and yes I was able to meet this target

I believe that motivation is the one prime factor that can make or break your mind. Its all in your head. Once you have that will and don't let yourself down and only encourage yourself that 'Yes, I can do it and I WILL do it', you are set. it's the only tried and tested formula! Skipping meals, avoiding eating even though you are hungry helps lose weight instantly, is a MYTH. So please, if you have been following that, give it up right away! It is not the correct way. Nor is it foolproof. It tends to only backfire and make you gorge on anything and everything later and cause weaknesses. Infact, I tried it myself at the beginning. But I was only depriving myself of the basic quantity of food my body needed.

Then I challenged myself to adopt a well balanced diet mixed with an exercise routine. I started snacking every two and a half hours so I hardly ever felt starved. I would munch on green salads, rich in fiber fruits, juices, biscuits.. The main exceptions were tea and coffee, which I as such didn't like anyway so I didn't face a tough time running away from them

As for the gym, I would frequent with a mindset of wanting to go and not having to. If it is forceful, the results will slacken. But if you get your mind, body and soul in sync, going to the gym will begin to be a routine for you. Initially I had to buck up and visit it often to lose all my weight soon but now after shedding almost 11kgs, I am taking it easy.. Although I already have my next target in place-to lose 4kgs more. I am not looking for the much famed size-zero body type but after analyzing myself on and off screen, I think a little more calorie-burning is needed.

Being extremely headstrong about losing weight, I guide myself without a gym instructor because I do not feel the need to be motivated by another person. I am enough to push myself to work hard for that extra mile. I have successfully been able to help even some of my friends and co-stars to join the gym and let it benefit them, like it has benefited me. Some of them play roles of mothers on screen and have managed getting into shape! So the key my friends is, impossible is nothing!

If you are genetically plump like me, then yes, you will have to sweat it out more than naturally thin and slim people. But if you are determined to get onto those machines, control your food intake and not cheat, nothing can stop you. Not even your genes! I personally am a big Bipasha Basu fan! She has a fantastic toned and very well worked on body. Maybe you could make her or any of your own favorites too your role model and try getting a similar shape!

I wish each of you all the very best and hope to have motivated you too to get into shape and maintain it.

Lets all live a healthy and happy life!

Love,

Debina

May 24, 2010

Gurmeet- Hi friends! How many of you are dog lovers??

Debina- Our city has many actually and now we are proud parents of one ourself!

Gurmeet- His name is Dexter. And he became part of our family just when he was 27 days old!

Debina- I think one's name affects them in several ways and so we chose this cartoony name. Dexter in fact resembles my previous dog, a she, Elpa a lot! She was a boxer I had as a kid but she is no longer

Gurmeet- But you now have Dexter! And it is really wonderful how you look after him even though he cant obviously express much

Debina- Ya my sleep cycles been accustomed to his! Although I anyway need to wake up by 7 for dance class.. Dexter used to initially start making those very cute puppy sounds early morning!

Gurmeet- And then he realized your wake up alarm was set to a few minutes after he would start his siren and now you both rise together!

Debina- Ya! Isn't it surprising how dogs understand everything and get habituated easily?!

Gurmeet- True.. Whenever I raise my voice at him, he goes to one corner quietly and has a very sad look on his face. Especially his eyes! Its like he will start crying any minute!

Debina- Dexter is just the best! Except when I have to potty-train him when we go outdoors!

Gurmeet- I think it's the excitement of stepping out that gets him really jumpy

Debina- Totally! He bounces and sniffs around, doing everything but what Ive taken him out for.

Gurmeet- Dexter is a little unruly too though. Just like a kid!

Debina- He has this unusual liking for sleeping on the cold, bare floor which only gets him a cold!

Gurmeet- Most dogs are fond of soft, comfortable beds but I guess Dexter is special in this case too

Debina- He sure is!!!

Gurmeet- What about you all, friends?

Debina- Any pets you have and their peculiar habits??

Love,

Gurmeet and Debina

April 5, 2010

Hey friends!

Some things change at certain points in your life. Especially in the lives of people who are constantly under the public eye and media glare, all the time.

A certain joke was played on me. I cant possibly explain how much it hurt me. It was worse since the effect was directly on the fans who were hurt too. Not being defensive, I very well know Gurmeet's nature. Putting aside his mischiefs and the kind of jokes he is known to play, he is dedicated , hardworking, calm, patient and this prank just did not go with his personality. That is what is called knowing your partner so well! Knowing him too well and in and out to believe his joke to be true. But the media supported his prank and blew it out of proportion.

Reading about one's own relationship heading to the rocks and cracking, that too from a third quarter frightened me. But it was well stuck in my mind that is not true. After going through some of the fan mails, that it is an April fool, I got a little too sure that it really was a prank! Taking this as an example, I would like to say that not only do I know Guru well but the people who love us know him equally too! That is the only way they smelled the prank! And many thank yous for that

Unconditional love is something where whatever somebody does, you take it easy and smooth, not making a fuss about it. Similarly I have taken Guru's prank easily'' It is one of the keys to a successful relationship and also adds a little spice to the smooth flow between us! Maybe he wanted to make me feel jealous? If so, its adorable and I love him all the more now!

But like I said in the beginning that certain things change at certain points in ones life. Being under the microscope, personal things comes out in the open which hurts people and agitates them as well.

I want to convey my gratefulness to each of you who believed it was a prank and that there is no room for any crack in Guru and my companionship. Your confidence is what made me believe it was a prank too! The fact that some others of you fell for this prank only shows how much you love us and want to see us together, happy and in love. But please don't be upset with this joke as at the end of the day, it was to be taken in good humour. So laugh over how you did get fooled but its not a practical possibility! We have known each other for a while with you all knowing very well how Guru and my journey has been and we have stuck it out through lows and highs. Thus 'the end' to us is impossible! You have showered us with a lot of love and good wishes. Please forget this incident and forgive us?

We all know how much we love each other, you all , Guru and myself! To bring back that bubbly smile on your faces and apologize and insist you let this joke be remembered as a silly prank you fell for and not be hurt anymore, I'm writing to you my innermost feelings. After all, life really is about forgiving and forgetting

Hoping my 'sorry' will be seriously taken and you will forgive us, do write back and continue with supporting us. We love and care for you all!

Love,

Debina

There are more, but you can read them in the blog itself!

It is because of Ramayan (January 1, 2008 - June 26, 2009) that Debina first came into fame in the television industry. Playing the role of Devi Sita, she got recognized for her acting skills and garnered fans all over the world. At first, Debina was not sure whether this role was the right one for her, because she was not much familiar with Sitaji's character and did not know whether she could do justice to it, but Gurmeet convinced her to give it a try and she found much to her surprise that she enjoyed stepping into the Goddess's shoes.

As Ramayan progressed, Debina began to relate well with her character and felt Sita Mata's pain and suffering as she enacted all the emotional scenes. She mentioned in an interview how everyone on the sets had thought she might need psychiatric help after the episode of Sita's Mahaprasthaan, because Debina could not restrain her tears and just sat there crying long after the filming was done. The injustice that Devi Sita had suffered not only touched her heart, but everyone else's on the sets. As mentioned in her blog, with the end of Sita came the realization that Ramayan was done, and that the close-knit family which they had all formed was to break apart very soon. It was an emotional moment not only for Debina, but also for Gurmeet and all the other actors who became attached to the show for almost two years.

Debina's respect for Devi Sita's character grew as a result of Ramayan, and she mentioned how acting in the mythological show was an experience she would never forget anytime during her acting career. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity, and she really gave her 100% to the character of Goddess Sita. Her fans will never forget Ramayan for as long as they live, and it will continue to be a timeless classic and be watched and rewatched by families for generations to come.

Jai Shree Sita Ram!

Debina in her first show, Mayavi

Debina as Radha in Nayi Chetna

^^ This creation was made by jenny1000. Thank you so much, hun!

Nicee AT..
Waiting for all the RES To Be Edited
^^ I'll try to make the first page really pretty and bright...after Friday though, because I have my last final tomorrow before Winter break starts, and after that I'll be free for a month. :)