sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Sunny Deol, Harry Baweja and Ameesha Patel

Teesri Aankh starring Ameesha Patel and Sunny Deol, releases this Friday. Here, Director Harry Baweja talks about his film.

For the film, Baweja drew inspiration from two true stories from different parts of the country. Read on.... 

Similar to Kalyug

That's why I didn't see Kalyug. I started Teesri Aankh before Kalyug. Frankly, both have used the hidden camera to tell the story but the stories are different.

Inspiration

I was inspired by the Pune girl's hostel incident. I was also inspired by the Bhopal incident where a TV-cable repairer fixed a cam in the exhaust fan and went away; it's all there. We can't fight technology, but we can definitely inculcate fear for punishment. Audience will identify with the story.

Casting process

Ameesha was the best choice because I wanted someone who can look vulnerable when she is helpless. There are many heroines who have such a body structure that they cannot look vulnerable.

Sign language

Ameesha plays a mute girl, and for certain portions we needed her to learn the sign language in the portions where she converses with those she knows. She trained under the sign teacher Sangeeta, who has also trained Rani Mukerji for Black. Sangeeta was present wherever Ameesha was shooting — be it Hyderabad or London.

Sunny's dance

Sunny has danced in the film very well at that (laughs). He is an actor with lots of hidden talent. If you convince him and push him, he understands a film-maker's perspective. He had stiff legs after the first day of dancing was over. But next day, he carried on.

Sunny a la Damini

No Sunny is not playing a role similar to his role in Damini. It's just that he always plays his role well if he plays a saviour or a crusader, or let's say  he's on a revenge mission.

ZK's extravaganza

Zayed didn't create a hole in my pocket when he shot abroad for my wife's (Pammi) next film, although there are rumours to that effect. It's not true. As a producer, it is my duty to play the good host when I take them outdoors. If somebody wants a pen, I cannot ask him to compromise and use a pencil instead, now can I?