Akriti Kakar a powerhouse of talent

sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Akriti Kakar is a good singer with the added advantage of being beautiful and young. After debuting with the album 'Ateen' (18), Akriti has made her presence felt in the music world. What makes her more special is her loads of talent. She made her foray into singing as an Indi-pop singer, has also done playbacking for 'Chamse' in Dus and there are many more songs that she is doing now, has been a VJ and has now decided to make an entry into films. She is making her debut to films with Tanveer Khan 'Deadline - Sirf 24 Ghante!'

Telling more about it she says, "Acting is the last thing on my mind. However, I am just playing the role of a TV host, who interviews Rajat Kapoor in the opening scene of the film. He plays Dr Goenka and from here the story of the film unfolds. So you see, I am not acting really in the film as perceived by many. Singing is my passion and I wouldn't trade it for acting!"

With the recognition that she has got with her voice in the industry she is indeed very happy about it. She says, "I am happy because people from the industry have liked my voice and that is indeed a great achievement for any singer. I have sung a very bubbly and attitude full song for Amrita Rao in 'My Name is Anthony Gonsalves'. Then I have sung for Katrina Kaif in 'Apne' and Kareena Kapoor in 'Khatta Meetha' and 'Milenge Milenge.'

So there are so much things happening together in her life at present. She has also started working on her second album and the probability is that it will be titled '9Teen'. The album should get ready by the first week of April. "The album will be a mix of romantic ballads, bubbly and more to suit the teenager's taste and choice. The album will have six new songs and three remixed version," she puts in.