FF: Mistakes (Part Four - page 12)

simbel thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Okay, first time for me writing anything here... based on the current track, and set a week in the future 😉

I wanted it to be an OS, but this thing just wrote itself and is already kinda long. So let's see how it goes, don't really have it planned out, just have an idea of what I want to happen.

Mistakes

Part One

"...control his anger and return all the love in the world."

Arnav was sitting on the bed reading his mother's letter, her golden bangles on the table in front of him. Already dressed in a black suit with a dark wine-red shirt, he was all prepared for the engagement party.

Anjali had wanted him to wear a traditional suit, but he had sternly refused. The evening was going to be difficult enough to also be wearing something so uncomfortable throughout this ordeal. He needed all his willpower to go through with this decision.

From the faint bustling noises coming from the main hall he could make out the guests had started to arrive, but Arnav, reluctant to walk downstairs just yet, was still sitting there in his room and had probably read that letter a dozen times already.

Every time he would see Khushi's face between the lines - the way she stood up to him, the way she'd yelled at him on several occasions, the way she'd shown her care for him... Here was someone who influenced him like no one else, and who wasn't afraid of the cold, stern face he'd put on, the businessman look that had made him who he was.

Arnav couldn't shake the feeling his mother would not have liked this man he'd become. Here was her gift to his wife-to-be, whom his mother expected to be the love of her son's life, the light in his heart and the joy of his every day.

And he was about to give it to someone who was none of those things. Lavanya never made him stop in his tracks, never had she taken his breath away, never yelled at him or confronted him about anything. It was a convenient relationship, well, it had been before everyone started meddling with it.

Before Khushi stormed into his life and nothing was ever the same again. Here he was, Arnav Singh Raizada, the man who did not believe in love or marriage. On the night of his own engagement.

Khushi... the moment he'd found out about her engagement and experienced his own reaction to it, Arnav had realised there was no point any more in telling himself he didn't care about Khushi. He didn't want to care, he had tried his hardest to steel himself, but it was pointless.

These feelings had made him feel vulnerable, and Arnav was deeply irritated by that. That feisty, weird girl was just as proud and stubborn as he was, the last week had proven that.

He wasn't even sure what he wanted her to do, what reaction he expected from her to his constantly shoving the "means nothing" in her face. He had tried everything. Ignoring her, insulting her, disappointing her, getting in her way... Khushi had just gritted her teeth and gone through organising a splendid engagement party.

And the last thing he wanted in the world right now was this wretched party. The moment he walked down those stairs, Arnav knew that would be it, there would be no turning back. He clung to his mother's letter, right now it was the only thing holding him back from making the most stupid life decision he ever could.

Arnav looked at the bangles again.
How do you live your whole life with someone you don't love? 

Precap:

Khushi took the box with the engagement ring from Anjali and promised she'd bring it to him and get ASR downstairs right away. What kind of engagement party can happen without the fiance!

As she slowly walked upstairs, looking gorgeous as ever in the gold-trimmed white saree that Lavanya had given her as a thank-you gift, she braced herself to confront Arnav one last time.

"This is it," she encouraged herself, "after tonight it will all be over, and you can forget him forever, Khushi. It. does. not. matter."

Please please please, leave feedback and tell me what you think! Encouragement will be appreciated so I feel like actually continuing this... 😳

P.S. If anyone would like me to PM them about future parts, please add me to your buddy list, I'll try to figure these things out.

P.P.S. I've PM'ed the IPKKND Dev Team about this thread because YOU AWESOME PEOPLE made it pass the 15 page limit - so I think it will now be moved to the FF forum.

No worries, I'm still sending PMs to everyone in my buddy list when I update.

Index

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Edited by simbel - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Loved it! Silly Arnav, how can you see Khushi in between the lines of the letter and not realise what you want from her?

Can't wait for the scene in his room in the next part! ;)
Edited by nayika - 12 years ago
Yazzy91 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Brilliant start! Please continue and do PM me for the next update! xx
simbel thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 2
Aww, thanks for the first kind comments and the likes!

Hopefully I manage to update it soon, excited to write up the next parts now🤗
chowna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Hope it doesnt come to this stage in the serial but loved your style of writing :)  please continue 
tinsel thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Absolutely Brilliant,do continue,Much Appreciated👏
Ended thumbnail
oh wow! please pm me! go khushi! hope she doesnt give arnav the satifaction
xxx
nyxx thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Fab start! The precaps got me excited all the moreee! Wonder if Khushi's determination of things getting over will remain or not? lol! Update soon =) and yesss dont forget to pm me :)
FebruaryFlower thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
A great start sugar!!
Looking forward to reading the next part.
I wonder how Arnav's going to handle this one!
😊

SimmyOwais thumbnail
that was really good please do pm me