Malashetty thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Madhuri Dixit

Saroj Khan

Madhuri and Saroj Khan come together

For a dance sequence at the Filmfare Awards after four years

Ram Kamal Mukherjee

They made an indomitable team. Together, Madhuri Dixit and Saroj Khan churned out some of the biggest dance hits in Bollywood. When Dixit's's 'Ek Do Teen', 'Tu Shayer Hai', 'Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai' and 'Dhak Dhak' stormed the nation, it was a known fact that the force behind this success was her choreographer Khan.

The last time the audiences saw Dixit dance was for 'Dola Re' with Aishwarya Rai in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas. After four years, the two are set to rekindle this magic again for the Filmfare awards to be held on February 25, where Dixit will be performing an eight-minute act choreographed by Khan.

While Khan has been busy with her innumerable commitments which included her role as a judge in Nach Baliye, Madhuri's marriage and subsequent motherhood kept her away from the spotlight. Dixit is based in the USA with her doctor husband Sriram Nene but frequents the country too from time to time. "I don't think I need to be around for the sake of it. I have done a variety of roles and worked with top banners and directors, now if I want to do a film, it has to be worth it," she had said. This offer seemed to be the perfect answer to her dreams.

When the Filmfare organisers discovered that Madhuri was in town they approached her with this unique concept. "Dance has always been my passion and I readily agreed to participate in the show because Filmfare is one of the pioneer award shows in India. It is an honour to stage an act amidst all the industry people. Besides, anything interesting attracts me as an artist," she says.

The dance sequence will have Dixit paying a tribute to actress Parveen Babi. Dixit on her part reserves comment since she wants the performance to be a surprise. "It's supposed to be a surprise, and I don't want to spoil the spirit of the show," she says.

Dixit is very excited, especially since it is a live stage performance. But inspite of her enthusiasm, Dixit has only four days to rehearse and get her steps right, something she depends on choreographer Khan for. "I am sure that Sarojji will create the magic once again on stage," she says. "Even though I am performing after several years, I think I will enjoy every moment of it," she says.

Even Saroj Khan is looking forward to working with Dixit after so many years. "Madhuri meri jaan hai, aur dance mein uska muqabla koi nahi kar sakta. (She is my life and no one can compete with her in dance). I can't reveal the concept, but I assure you that people will appreciate whatever we do on stage," says Khan.

β€’ "Madhuri meri jaan hain, aur dance mein uskamuqabla koi nahi kar sakta"
– Saroj Khan

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gossip_Queen81 thumbnail
WOW I cant wait to see madhuri perform,shes ma all time fave.
Chatoyant. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Kool, Thankz 4 Sharing! πŸ˜ƒ
sim2sam thumbnail
heyyy cant wait 2 see madhuri dixit on stage, i like her a lot
falak thumbnail
v will be eagerly waiting madhuri!!!! πŸ˜› 😊 😳