Sushpective: Arhi playing the Game of Chicken!!

-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Hola people!
Those of you who are familiar with the Game Theory...know what is the Game of Chicken! Here is the definition.

The game of chicken, also known as the hawk-dove or snowdrift[1] game, is an influential model of conflict for two players in game theory. The principle of the game is that while each player prefers not to yield to the other, the worst possible outcome occurs when both players do not yield.

The name "chicken" has its origins in a game in which two drivers drive towards each other on a collision course: one must swerve, or both may die in the crash, but if one driver swerves and the other does not, the one who swerved will be called a "chicken," meaning a coward; this terminology is most prevalent in political science and economics.

Sounds familiar? This is exactly the game Arnav and Khushi are playing...Another version of the game is when both the players drive to the edge of the cliff...And the one who jumps out first or changes course is called Chicken or is the coward one...So...some times both the drivers actually fall off the cliff becuase they will not yield... Well this is exactly what our Arhi are doing...aren't they?

I don't know what else to say...Arnav is being impossible and Khushi is reacting in kind...This couple is fightig like two people who are getting divorced...Confession to hua nahi...break up is on full swing!! Arhi is a special couple😃

An 8/10 episode...

Comments/ Feed-back? 
Edited by MsUniverse - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Sari-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Excellent analogy. as usual fab post!

However I don't think Khushi is in the driver's seat here. It's ASR in control of both vehicles😆 What can she do in this situation? If she tells him how she feels about him ASR will have the last laugh; other than being humiliated, I don't see a positive outcome to that one! If she doesn't like she is doing now, trying to move on. He is still upset. It's a no win situation for her either way

ASR is in control here but he doesn't seem to realize or doesn't want to realize I don't think it's the latter from his reaction thus far. He knows both want the same thing☺️ With the latter he has to admit the most dreaded 3 words, he vowed he would never say. Go figure!

Drum roll please...Since ASR is in control, both cars will be off the cliff😆 The only hope here is a roadblock in Shyamji👏 For the first time I am cheering Shyam😲 Go Shyam, go Shyam👍🏼 ASR has no choice but forcibly take the cars to the finish line😆
Edited by --Sari-- - 12 years ago
bikerider thumbnail
nice analogy
both off the cliff 🤔

sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@ Sush:  Wow! Me likey...you've brought in a new perspective to view the Arhi love story. 👏
It was a good episode, more hurt, more angst...seems like that's all there is in IPK  these days.

@ Sari: I totally agree with you...

I also feel that Khushi is not in the driver's seat, or rather she's in the car,  but her car is remote controlled by ASR and his roller coaster emotions.

Let's rewind to the Diwali scene...they almost kissed, then ASR backed out, then Khushi confronted him, ASR refused to let his heart control his mind, he hastily announced his marriage to La  and then in the end ASR told Khushi she meant nothing to him..

Now when Khushi is engaged, Arnav is devastated and is taking every opportunity to put her down, because he's hurt and his defenses are up again. He's heartbroken, but is not realizing that he himself severed a relationship between Khushi and him even before it could be established.

Khushi did not really have a say in most of this (except giving in to almost getting kissed by him).

Agreed that Arnie does not know that she was forced into getting engaged, but with what right is he lashing out at her and asking her for an explanation?! 

In the ME he asked her "Yeh kya kar rahi ho tum?"
Seriously, what DID he expect her to do?

ASR' ne apni hi pare par kulhadi mari hai.
 Khushi has become a mere puppet now - in fact the way she was defending the Snake today...it showed she has given in to her fate. She does as is asked by Buaji and Snake. 

Arnav is hurting even more than Khushi at this point. Like many other people on this forum have said, Khushi is emotionally stronger than Arnav.
He needs her more than she does him.

Edited by sbk2 - 12 years ago
-Sush- thumbnail
Hi Sari!
Khushi is a reluctant driver...or a driver that has been given a car that does not have any breaks or the breaks have been made non-functional by a snake that is sitting in the car...but never the less...both of them are set on a course that they won't or can't break...

Arnav is just mean to Khushi...What does he want? If this is how he "loves" ...no wonder the Cvs had to givethis serial a name like "Iss Pyaa Ko Kya Naam Doon?"

Can you imagine being on his wrong side? A true Scorpio...all for revenge!!
premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Chicken Indeed. Can call it Turkey also...

Sush,     What are these guys upto ?

Arnav , Man he is Brutal.  That scorpion who will sting whenever threatened. Loves with a passion and hates with it too. Never bend , never admit to a mistake just be a pighead. O how I love to hate scorpions !!! ( I have many around me by the way )  Khushi looks him in the eye to ask him "why are you not happy despite your bank balance ?"  and he thinks a fitting reply is to get engaged the next day ?  Does Lavanaya have no say in this ? Exasperating really !!

I dont think he realises that he is blocking his own way.  If he steps aside and confesses his love for Khushi just about everything will fall in place.  LA will move on and be with someone who loves her, Shyam will have to move back with his wife, Payash story will be possible and he will win the most valuable prize as in Khushi.  Itni akal hoti to kya baat hoti.

Not sure if you saw the Dulux ad Sush.  It gave a glimpse of the future of our couple in love sitting across a board game still playing the game of Win or lose. Very cute.

This is how its going to be with these two. Never backing down never accepting defeat .

Till later.

Neemsundari thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: --Sari--

Excellent analogy. as usual fab post!

However I don't think Khushi is in the driver's seat here. It's ASR in control of both vehicles😆 What can she do in this situation? If she tells him how she feels about him ASR will have the last laugh; other than being humiliated, I don't see a positive outcome to that one! If she doesn't like she is doing now, trying to move on. He is still upset. It's a no win situation for her either way

Absolutely. Khushi is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

If she confesses her feelings, I don't think ASR would melt into a puddle, even at this juncture...he would declare victory and trample Khushi's confessions to oblivion.

I'm not sure he did the whole "engagement tomorrow" charade so they could both confess how they felt about each other---he just wants to hurts Khushi the way he is hurting inside because he doesn't have exclusive rights over Khushi any more, and if she confesses, well, that will be the bonus, right, so he can go smirk and get engaged to La anyway.😲

I don't think the Arhi relationship can go forward without outside influence--whether it would be Shyam, Anjali, circumstances, or a mixture of all three, remains to be seen.
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Sush!

I updated my response on the 1st page...
-Sush- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neemsundari

Absolutely. Khushi is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

If she confesses her feelings, I don't think ASR would melt into a puddle, even at this juncture...he would declare victory and trample Khushi's confessions to oblivion.

I'm not sure he did the whole "engagement tomorrow" charade so they could both confess how they felt about each other---he just wants to hurts Khushi the way he is hurting inside because he doesn't have exclusive rights over Khushi any more, and if she confesses, well, that will be the bonus, right, so he can go smirk and get engaged to La anyway.😲

I don't think the Arhi relationship can go forward without outside influence--whether it would be Shyam, Anjali, circumstances, or a mixture of all three, remains to be seen.

Oh...he is all mad...because he can not take the thought of she not belonging to him...

He is miserable ...so he will have to make her miserable...thats how it is...
-Sush- thumbnail

Originally posted by: sbk2

@ Sush:  Wow! Me likey...you've brought in a new perspective to view the Arhi love story. 👏

It was a good episode, more hurt, more angst...seems like that's all there is in IPK  these days.

@ Sari: I totally agree with you...

I also feel that Khushi is not in the driver's seat, or rather she's in the car,  but her car is remote controlled by ASR and his roller coaster emotions.

Let's rewind to the Diwali scene...they almost kissed, then ASR backed out, then Khushi confronted him, ASR refused to let his heart control his mind, he hastily announced his marriage to La  and then in the end ASR told Khushi she meant nothing to him..

Now when Khushi is engaged, Arnav is devastated and is taking every opportunity to put her down, because he's hurt and his defenses are up again. He's heartbroken, but is not realizing that he himself severed a relationship between Khushi and him even before it could be established.

Khushi did not really have a say in most of this (except giving in to almost getting kissed by him).

Agreed that Arnie does not know that she was forced into getting engaged, but with what right is he lashing out at her and asking her for an explanation?! 

In the ME he asked her "Yeh kya kar rahi ho tum?"
Seriously, what DID he expect her to do?

ASR' ne apni hi pare par kulhadi mari hai.
 Khushi has become a mere puppet now - in fact the way she was defending the Snake today...it showed she has given in to her fate. She does as is asked by Buaji and Snake. 

Arnav is hurting even more than Khushi at this point. Like many other people on this forum have said, Khushi is emotionally stronger than Arnav.
He needs her more than she does him.

Hi Shwets...So true...! I don't think he is thinking...he is just reacting...first he reacted to the moment of weakness he had...when he put the Payal on her then almost kissed her...but he was more annoyed because Khushi did not let it go and asked him about the Payal...I think that just ticked him off...He was embarrased and did not want to talk about it...

So what does he do...He roars back...Does something drastic to take control of the situation...by announcing his engagement...

I think in his mind...announcing something and doing something are different things...Like 2 kids fighting...one says I will hit you...the other hits...then the first one hits harder and so on...

He is reacting now...like when he was reacting before... BABY!!