Interview: Himmanshoo's Responses to Our Questions

rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

*Ahem*

I know it's been a while so let me refresh your memory.  Back in September we thought of doing an interview with our favorite leads.  Unfortunately, work schedules did not work with us so in the meantime we were able to bring you interviews with our favorite characters.  Well, now, we bring to you a brief Q&A with Himmanshoo A. Malhotra.   Majority of these responses have been posted on Himmanshoo's fanpage but below is the compilation of his responses.

Interview questions that were requested: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1767609

Guddu and Runjhun Interviews: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1775124

What were your first impressions from Bhagonwali, having read the script/or story? Your character, Guddu and your co-star? Have those impressions changed with the progression of the story?

Himmanshoo:  "My first impressions from bhagonwali.. Guddu shukla.. Its funny though wen i auditioned for dis show i never ever thought that ZEE will ever give me dis show considerin the fact that its based in UP n its a character of a gunda called guddu shukla .. One - from any angle i dont look like a gunda ...two- i had already played sameer in AKA so keepin that in mind to imagine me as guddu shukla wud glhave been next to impossible & wen i got the final call.. was surprised & quite scared.. I never thought ill b able to pull dis off .. Went to office .. Met them read a few dialougues again n it was all a bhojpuri UP language which i wasn comfy at all.. Super scared.. Not many people kno dis but on d first day of shoot i had TEARS in my eyes n i felt ZEE has made a mistake in castin me as guddu sukla.. N i wont b able to do it .. I cudn remember even a single line.. Cudn get the tones correct .. I guess god came down to help me n from next day onwards till today.. I m tryin to live guddu sukla every moment on set.. Guess hard wrk truly pays n wen i c everyone appreciatin ..all i remember is tge first day . Its my pvt.moment with myself n GOD. He helped me pull dis off.. Actually the problem wasnt in playin a goon but since tv is a cut to cut medium n we get scripts on set 5 min in advance.. The prepartions cant b done in that limited tym n without preparations to portray someone else is really very difficult , scary n challengin but Thank GOD. He helped at every step... So.. All's well that ends well. Smiley :))"

What motivates you? Especially while shooting for Bhagonwali, since a daily serial requires spending long hours on the sets.

Himmanshoo:  "Wat motivates me... Haha.. Bein a daily soap its rely difficult though since we have no clue of story screenplay anythin but just the fact that i wana do d best in d given circunstances n be honest to my job is wat keeps me going.. Also at the end of day, my paycheck motivates me too.. Also since god has given me wrk i wud like to value it since there r so many frnds of mine who r still outta wrk so i better value it since tables can b reversed any tym..."

Do you find any traits of your personality in the character Guddu Shukla? If you could change one thing about Guddu Shukla, what would it be and why?

Himmanshoo:  "My traits in guddu sukla.. Actually initial portions with the rough n tough exterior.. Guess no traits matched my personality had to look really very deep inside me to find out how to portray it.. Hence i tried to keep it like a coconut .. Hard exterior with the softest heart inside .. There wasnr any other way i cud portray this .. Fortunately it wrked .. Wanted to make dis character always likeable n positive yet with his own unique style & as we kept progressin .. the character kept growin n i strted to find more ways n layers inside to portray it.. N strted to enjoy it much more & once it became romantic n all in love...then it was in my comfort zone n i wud move n mould it the way i felt like.. N now its so much in me that it flows effortlessly.. Now wat i wud like to change about guddu sukla.. Hmmm.. Lemme think.. He shud never drink i usually hate that part n also wud like him to b more educated as the story progressed.. Though i love his unique style of romance with runjhun. Very raw. Which is quite enticing i guess.. Keep smiling :) "

Which has been your most memorable or favorite scene from Bhagonwali to date? What scenes required you to do the most retakes in?

Himmanshoo:  "My most memorable n fav scene.. Lemme recollect...i guess its gotta b that song... " tere mast mast do nain" Loved shooting that song.. N fortunately came out very well too.. Its a beautiful feelin wenever i watch it again.. Also some of the romantic scenes have been purely magical.. Thankx to runjhun.. She is so understandin & warm as a person.. It wrks beautifully in dos moments.. Wud like to mention here.. One scene i hated doing was that Rape scene .. My heart just din even wana do it but the story demanded n everyone was so hell bent that i unfortunately had to do it.. Was super unhappy shootin that.. :( Most retakes.. Fortunately in dis show never had even one scene whr i fumbled or cudn tremember my lines or had retakes.. Usually its one or two max.. Guess god's helpin me at every step here.. The only thing i remember here is d first day or apparantely the first shot whr i had tears in my eyes becoz i din remember even a single line since they changed it entirely at the last min & told me to shoot.. Everyone was hurryin up since we wr shootin at the brink of sunset.. Completely Went blank n cudn remember.. Guess my most embarassin moment ., so actually someone had to prompt me .. Very very embarassing.. Guess was super nervous too.. :( ... But all's well that ends well.. Thats also an experience which ill remember for a long time.."

Guddu and Runjhun are one example of opposites coming together and forging a true and binding love.  Relationship between opposites always works on reel; do you think it also applies in real? What do you think is the most important aspect in maintaining any relationship?

Himmanshoo:  "Opposites def. attract & i m sure r meant to attract.. I guess to maintain A relationship the most imp thing is LOVE how much two people love each other n how much they r ready to adjust with each other.. Also patience is d key n ofcourse the happiness of ur soul mate is gotta b ur prime priority .. U cannot let the other person cry n keep continuin ur life as if nothing happened..not good. Else .. Just b happy warm affectionate n caring.. The relationship will last forever."

Name one song that you think describes Guddu & Runjhun's relationship.

Himmanshoo:  "Tere mast mast do nain..."

Who is your favorite character played to date and why? Have you taken anything from that character and applied it to real life (outlook, attitude, etc.)?

Himmanshoo:  "My fav. Character n wat i took from that character in my real life..

Guess SAMEER from Aap ki Antara was one character which i loved portraying... Guess only thru that character i discovered the beauty of romance inside me.. Everyone appreciated n said it was magical .. Guess people cud c a lotta charm in me which i myself wasn't aware of in me... i guess..

Also RAJ of Bindaas CHAMP .. That was one show which i enjoyed the most too.. N all d masti ,, that raj did.. i used to do at home.. Naughtiness ,, enthusiasm.. Everythin .. Loved playin a spoilt brat.. not many people kno dis but that character was based on my baby bro.. Mohit.. Hahaha..

Since he's a big spoilt brat n super pampered.. Rich n flambyoant.. Lol..
He will kill me once he reads dis"

How do you go about preparing for a character or bringing a character that's different from you to life? Out of all the characters you have played, who has been the hardest person to bring to life?

Himmanshoo:  "How to bring the character on paper to life.. Ok.. Honestly mostly everyone's offered how u r as a person dependin on ur physicality n how to talk or walk.. Or the way u look.. So mostly its easier since its ur personality majorly which is being portrayed in front of screen.. N since u keep doing it everyday it starts to grow on u over a period of time.. Guess in my case its been a lil different..fortunately i have been getting a variety of roles since started doin tv.. Whether it was sameer of Aap ki antara or Haryaksh of Seven or Pratap & Jimmy matthews of Simply Sapney or Raj of Champ.. But the most difficult was haryaksh i guess of Seven.. Though i had some time to prepare for that role but literally i had to get down to streets to understand the language, the tones , typical mumbaiyaaa .. Playin a guy from chaal wasn't easy at all.. Lot of wrk out .. Physical training + street smart tone of mumbai.. But quite enjoyable though..i guess playin haryaksh broke my personality n instilled a confidence in me to portray any character.. N then happened Guddu sukla n we all kno how it strted n whr it is today.. Hence , blessed to get a variety of roles.. God's been very kind i think he likes me a lot.. Hahaha"

Is there any type of role/character that you would like to do or try that you haven't already played?

Himmanshoo:  "Dont kno whether i have a dream character or a role but def wud like to portray the role of a sportsman some day .. Haven ever done that .. Its quite intriguing .. Been a cricketer in my life .. Have seen failures from quite a close quarter.. Wud really like to bring that pain n smile n der feelings engraved inside der heart on screen.. Wud b a grt discovery as an actor.. Lets c.. Wen god gives me that opportunity.."

Edited by rani2007 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jps01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you very much Rani for this!
ampliphy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Thank you for posting this. 

OmaRamdass thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing Rani.

Himmanshoo is so nice to us 😊
nikhilsahai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
thank you so much for posting this
Sruthy.L thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot rani di for giving such a article about Himmanshoo.We loved to go thru that and knew more about our favourite hero.
Especially that question of Guddu and Runjhun is the best example of opposite attracts and the beutiful answer of Himmanshoo attracts us more to him.
Himmanshoo is really great human being and agreat actor always natural and uncomparable.Himmanshoo will rock in each and every steps of life.His views of life is 100% superb and he is role model for the new generation.
We love Himmanshoo a lot...
Ziva01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Hi Rani Di hope you are doing well... welcome back nice to see... miss u😭 

Thxs for posting Di... love Himmanshoo's answers indeed he is a down to earth person
SushmaGill thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
much appreciate the post Rani!!!!👏⭐️
LoveGuddu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Love the post Rani...Thanks..
nikki.171 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I absolutely love his fun-loving tone! ❤️ I luved how he sounds lyke a normal, fun person! I'd really lyke to meet him someday!
Thank you so much for this!