India-Forums.com Members Slam Book

Morgoth thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi all,

This Slam Book topic will consist of several questions in a general format which will help us know the members of the forum in a better way. This is like a member profile where we can find people with similar interests, hobbies, etc.

To write your own slam book entry, simply copy and paste the questions below and type in your answers. Every member is allowed ONE post only. If you find a member whom you would like to know better, please use Private Messaging. Irrelevant posts will be automatically deleted.

Edited by T. - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lakshmi_maruthi thumbnail

ok here we go..

Slam Book Questions:

• Vital Stats:

Name/ID: Lakshmi

Ambition: to have a beautiful mansion like Darcy's in India.. 😃 realistically, would be satisfied with a house and Rose garden in the front...

Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada & tamil (a little)

• Your favourite…

Movies: Old Amitabh movies, Chaalbaaz, Lamhe..

Songs: Old Kishore, Lata, Mohd. Rafi songs..

Actors/Actresses: Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan / Madhubala, Sridevi, Kajol, Priety Zinta

Television Shows: Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, YMLH, P&P, West wing used to be my favourite till I started watching Hindi serials..

Books: Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes series.. 

Sports/Games: Cricket, Tennis

Food/Drink: Indian, Greek.. We get one of the best Falafel in Bayarea...

Vacation Spots: Right now have been to Disneyland, Vegas is beautiful.. Someday wish to see Europe..

• Name one thing you would never or rarely get bored of doing…Watching Disney animation movies 
  • If the world was going to come to an end and we all were going to die tomorrow, how would you spend the last day of your life? ... I would spend it with my family and kids at home watching Disney movies and listening to old Kishore Lata songs..
    Describe your soul mate…A someone whom is caring, understanding.. one who loves and respects me.
  • Are you more: (pick the closest one)

Outgoing or Shy: Shy initailly.. need time to get comfortable..

Organized or Disorganized: Somewhere in between the two.. I go on a cleaning spree once in a while..

Serious or Fun-loving: Fun-loving..

Optimistic or Pessimistic: Pessimistic to the core..

Studious or carefree: Carefree, sometime I wonder how I completed my education..

• Is your style of humour/joking witty, sarcastic, slapstick, silly, crazy or just plain weird?...I guess this will be just plain but not weird..
  • Do you believe in love? Why or why not?...I have always believed in love..
  • If there was one person you could bring back from the dead, who would it be and why?... Kishore Kumar.. I could spend all my time listening to him.. & Madhubala..
    Is there a fictional character from a movie, TV show or a novel you wish existed in real life?...Purab Mehra! of course Mystica, Darcy, &
  •  If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?...Speaking wittyly.. I always think I should have said this after the event..

ides thumbnail
  • Vital Stats:

Name/ID: Ides

Ambition: to establish my own Interior Design Business

Languages Spoken: English, Punjabi, some Persian, Arabic, Urdu

• Your favourite…

Movies: A walk to remember

Songs: depends entirely on my mood

Actors/Actresses: Sean Connery,  Naseeruddin Shah, Shabana Azmi, Hirthik Roshan, Kajol

Television Shows: JJKN...other than that dont watch tv much

Books: any books by Judith McNaught, Linda Howard, Elizabeth Lowell, R.K. Narayan, L.M. Montgomery

Sports/Games: Cricket, Badminton

Food/Drink: Chinese, Thai, Indian, Middle eastern

Vacation Spots: Egypt

• Name one thing you would never or rarely get bored of doing…Being with people I love
  • If the world was going to come to an end and we all were going to die tomorrow, how would you spend the last day of your life? ... apologising to everyone I have hurt (consiously /uncounsciously)
  • Describe your soul mate…someone who loves me the way I am and cares for everyone I hold dear and has no ego issues😉

Outgoing or Shy: depends entirely on the company and how comfortable I am with them

Organized or Disorganized: Organized

Serious or Fun-loving: Fun loving

Optimistic or Pessimistic: Optimistic but practical

Studious or carefree: Studious

• Is your style of humour/joking witty, sarcastic, slapstick, silly, crazy or just plain weird?...depends entirely on who is a the recieving end of it
  • Do you believe in love? Why or why not?...Yes....cause I'm a die hard romantic at heart😉....on a more serious note, because I have seen it around myself and I know it exists in various forms.
  • If there was one person you could bring back from the dead, who would it be and why?...No one
  • Is there a fictional character from a movie, TV show or a novel you wish existed in real life?...Purab (noo surprise there)
  •  If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?...I would probably stop expecting perfection from myself. Such unrealistic demands only set u up for falls and hurts.

Edited by ides - 19 years ago
vijay thumbnail

Slam Book Questions:

• Vital Stats:

Name/ID: Vijay Bhatter

Occupation: IT Consultant and also completing my Masters in Computer Applications (MCA)

Ambition: To be world's richest man!

Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Bengali, French, Marwari and Gujarati (not in exact order) 😆

• Your favourite…

Movies: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge, Matrix, Munnabhai MBBS, Maine Pyar Kiya, Dil To Paagal Hai, Dosti (Old one).

Songs: Taal, Bombay, Roza, Dil To Pagal Hai, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge

Actors/Actresses: Shah Rukh Khan,  Amitabh Bachchan, Priety Zinta and Aishwarya Rai

Television Shows: Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin

Books: I love reading Spiritual, Motivational, Astrology and Biographies of Leaders and Business Tycoons.

Sports/Games: Cricket and Soccer

Food/Drink: Indian & Chinese (pure veggie)

Vacation Spots: New Zealand, Australia.

• Name one thing you would never or rarely get bored of doing…Computers & Internet 😆
  • If the world was going to come to an end and we all were going to die tomorrow, how would you spend the last day of your life? ...
    I would get married !!! 😊
    Describe your soul mate… Should have innocent looks, sensible, patient, understanding, intelligent, and one who can tolerate me. 😆 
    Compatible Zodiacs are: Pisces, Cancer, Libra, Leo and Tauras.

Outgoing or Shy: Outgoing

Serious or Fun-loving: At work serious and at home fun-loving

Optimistic or Pessimistic: Highly Optimistic

• Is your style of humour/joking witty, sarcastic, slapstick, silly, crazy or just plain weird?... anything which brings smiles to all.
    Do you believe in love? Why or why not?... YES I do!!! It's a nice feeling.
  • If there was one person you could bring back from the dead, who would it be and why?...I would not like to disturb the LIFE/DEATH  cycle as already heard and read many horror stories and would pray for all bhatakti aatma's (wandering souls who are dead) so they rest in PEACE.
    Is there a fictional character from a movie, TV show or a novel you wish existed in real life?... No one in my mind at the moment will update this later.
  •  If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?...I am quite contended with myself.
Edited by vijay - 19 years ago
alas thumbnail
Slam Book Questions:

Vital Stats:
Name/ID:
alas

Ambition: to live in million dollar home( I should say it is more of dream )

Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Punjabi

Your favourite…
Movies: Mein hu na,Pinjer and Finding Nemo
Songs: oldies

Actors/Actresses: they keep changing

Television Shows: Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin,Apperntice

Books:
Sports/Games: Cricket
Food/Drink: Indian, Italian
Vacation Spots: Have been to London, Dubai, and Most of north America. Dream vacation -> Alaska Cruise, south America and swtizerland

Name one thing you would never or rarely get bored of doing…Spending time with my 3 yr old..

If the world was going to come to an end and we all were going to die tomorrow, how would you spend the last day of your life? ...
go back to India

Describe your soul mate… He is very patient,intellegent,understanding and tolerates me very well.

Are you more: (pick the closest one)
Outgoing or Shy: Shy

Serious or Fun-loving: Serious
Optimistic or Pessimistic: Pessimistic

Is your style of humour/joking witty, sarcastic, slapstick, silly, crazy or just plain weird?... People who don't know me take it sarcastically
Do you believe in love? Why or why not?... depends how do we define love..

If there was one person you could bring back from the dead, who would it be and why?...I liked Vijay's answer -:)
Is there a fictional character from a movie, TV show or a novel you wish existed in real life?... none
If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?...Be optimistic.

--Sorry about the bullets and color too much work for me... 😭

Edited by alas - 19 years ago
*Anjali* thumbnail

Slam Book Questions: (I tried to give these some serious thought and provided the most detailed answers I could...let me know if you wanna know anything else!)

• Vital Stats:

Name/ID: Anjali

Ambition: to become a doctor (a neurologist...hopefully)

Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Spanish

• Your favorite…

Movies: English: Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Training Day, Cold Mountain, Spiderman, The Matrix, Along Came Polly, A Beautiful Mind, Mona Lisa Smile, Titanic, Moulin Rouge...and many others; Hindi:  Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Devdas, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Dil to Pagal Hai, Dhadkan, Koi Mil Gaya...and many many more!

Songs:  English: "Right Here Waiting" by Richard Marx, anything by U2, and many, many, many more.  Hindi: Dhadkan, Taal,  Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Dil to Pagal Hai, Main Hoon Na.

Actors/Actresses: American: Denzel Washington, Keanu Reeves, JUDE LAW!!, Halle Berry, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Renee Zellweger, Jennifer Aniston  Indian: Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgan, Hrithik Roshan, Samir Soni/ Kajol, Rani Mukherjee, Preity Zinta

Television Shows: Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, Koi Dil Mein Hain, The Apprentice, Friends, ER, The O.C., CSI, Will & Grace, Desperate Housewives , Sex and the City, American Idol and others

Books (my true love): the entire Harry Potter Series, the Lord of The Rings trilogy, The Hobbit,  The Da Vinci Code, anything by Nicholas Sparks (especially Nights in Rodanthe), Cold Mountain, Snow Falling on Cedars, Great Expectations, Little Women, Crime and Punishment, The Color Purple, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Secret Garden, all John Grisham books, Anna Karennina

Sports/Games: NFL football --Philadelphia Eagles 👍🏼

Food/Drink: Indian and Italian food; strawberry daiquiris😉

Vacation Spots: The Bahamas, Aruba, Hawaii, anywhere in Europe

• Name one thing you would never or rarely get bored of doing…Reading  a great book!
  • If the world was going to come to an end and we all were going to die tomorrow, how would you spend the last day of your life? ... Spend as much as time possible with my family and friends
  • Describe your soul mate…tall and handsome....jk!! well--should have a cute smile and nice eyes too 😉, but most importantly he should be intelligent, sensitive, and have a warm personality. Are you more: (pick the closest one)

Outgoing or Shy: Outgoing

Serious or Fun-loving: a little bit of both

Optimistic or Pessimistic: Optimistic

Studious or carefree: Studious (i've been told i study waaaay too much)

• Is your style of humour/joking witty, sarcastic, slapstick, silly, crazy or just plain weird?...hmmmmm...well, I'd like to think I'm quite witty and i've also been told that I am...😉
  • Do you believe in love? Why or why not?...Yes I still do.
  • If there was one person you could bring back from the dead, who would it be and why?...I would bring back a close family friend who died a few years ago...this person was very sweet and caring and we all miss her very much. Is there a fictional character from a movie, TV show or a novel you wish existed in real life?...definitely have to go with Purab Mehra...he's my prince charming or Arjun from KDMH (Ejaz Khan is my new fave 😳)
  •  If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?... weeeelll, sometimes I talk too much, but i think u can figure that out by my # of posts 😆
Edited by anjali308 - 19 years ago
radha_18 thumbnail

Slam Book Questions:

• Vital Stats:

Name/ID: radha_18

Ambition: to be successful in all spheres of life

Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Bengali

• Your favourite…

Movies: Dil chahta hai, Mr. and Mrs. Iyer, Lagaan, Stepmom

Songs: Besame, Pehla Nasha, Love will keep us alive, Mora Saiyyan (Fuzon), Pal pal dil ke paas and many more!

Actors/Actresses: Jorge enrique abello, Apoorva agnihotri, Rani, preity, Hrithik

Television Shows: Yo Soy Betty La Fea, JJKN, Full House

Books: Harry Potter, Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri, The Child of Holocaust, Kane and Abel, Man, woman and child, the Unconquered and PRIDE AND PREJUDICE, Rebecca

Sports/Games: Cricket

Food/Drink: Indian

Vacation Spots: India : Amazing place!

Name one thing you would never or rarely get bored of doing…Watching BLF videos! If the world was going to come to an end and we all were going to die tomorrow, how would you spend the last day of your life? ...I would spend it with my family and friends and ask for their forgiveness for hurting them if i ever did... Describe your soul mate…He should be very caring, very intelligent, and he should definitely not be a "Mr. Perfect".... perfection bores me. He should be like Armando Mendoza or William Darcy...

Serious or Fun-loving: depends...can be both

Optimistic or Pessimistic: Pessimistic

Is your style of humour/joking witty, sarcastic, slapstick, silly, crazy or just plain weird?...witty, sarcastic

Do you believe in love? Why or why not?...I do believe in love. Love makes our lives go on.

If there was one person you could bring back from the dead, who would it be and why?...I would bring back my grandfather

Is there a fictional character from a movie, TV show or a novel you wish existed in real life?...Armando Mendoza (of course) and William Darcy (pride and prejudice)

If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?...I trust people very easily... and end up getting hurt!😭

Edited by radha_18 - 19 years ago
jammy thumbnail
  • Vital Stats:

Name/ID: Jammy.

Ambition: To be a Happy Husband to a Happy Wife, and a Good son to a loving and caring Mother, and a responsible father to lovely children.!!

Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Gujrati (somewhat)

Your favourite…

Movies:  Spiderman, The Matrix,  Pardes (actually for just one song), DDLJ, and the list goes on!!

Songs: Kabhie (Canadian band Josh), Aankhon ke Saagar (Fuzon), Sar kiye Pahar (Strings), In English I just like Robert Miles One and One. I like to hear Movie soundtracks, Like LOTR, MATRIX etc

Actors/Actresses:  Renee Zilwigner, Liv Tyler, Angelina Jolie (For her eyes), & Charlize Theron. Keanu Reeves, Russel crowe & Tom Cruise. In Indian's I like Priety Zinta, Kajol, Shahrukh (ofcourse),lastly Nasrudin Shah & Om Puri.

Television Shows: Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin,  Friends, Caroline In the city,The Monk & anything on History Channel or Discovery!!!

Books: Entire Harry Potter Series, and maybe the next book I am trying to pen (horrible & terrible, but then I have idea's)😛

Sports/Games: Hmm well difficult, But I do watch Cricket very little.

Food/Drink: Indian food, Chinese.

Vacation Spots: Sorry never been on vacation 🤢

• Name one thing you would never or rarely get bored of doing…Net, Making Friends & Searching for the love of my life.
  • If the world was going to come to an end and we all were going to die tomorrow, how would you spend the last day of your life? ... CHECK MY EMAIL'S!!! 😆.  Seriously, If I am married with a family then I would like to spend it with my family for sure. But If I am not married then I would like to sit all by my self on a peaceful place away from chaos and think of what life has given me & Thank mother nature and God for it.😊
  • Describe your soul mate…Hmm Loving, Caring, Should have deep eyes!! & Some one who can listen to me speak. Are you more: (pick the closest one)

Outgoing or Shy: Depends on the company I am with.

Organized or Disorganized: Disorganized (my mom says so!!😳)

Serious or Fun-loving: More of Fun Loving. On case to case basis 😉

Optimistic or Pessimistic: Optimistic

Studious or carefree: Studious about studies, but carefree about the exams .

• Is your style of humour/joking witty, sarcastic, slapstick, silly, crazy or just plain weird?...Anything that would make people smile. but I make sure that this doesnot hurts anyone. 
  • Do you believe in love? Why or why not?...Yes...I believe in love, I belive it is love that helps us sustain the bad times of life & Enjoy the good one.

• If there was one person you could bring back from the dead, who would it be and why?...I would bring back my Dad.
  • Is there a fictional character from a movie, TV show or a novel you wish existed in real life?...Morpheus, Where are you man!! if you can hear me, then free me and take me to the real world .😆 Seriously, None!! I dont belive in Fictional people, rather would look upto the real people 😊
  • If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?...My eating Habit!!! As of now.

Favourite Quote:- Riches may be a part of Happiness & Love. But Happiness and Love need not be a part of Riches!

Jammy.👏

P.S : I have added the the quote thing, I felt it was needed.

current thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Slam Book Questions:

• Vital Stats:

Name/ID: Current

Ambition: to be contented eventually!

Languages Spoken: Urdu,Punjabi,english,nothing else exotic alas!

Your favourite…
  • Movies: All time favs are SRK ones!Love him!

Songs: they keep changing! 

Actors/Actresses: Shah Rukh Khan,Rahul bose,Kajol,Sushmita sen

Television Shows: The weakest link..but no cable no jassi these days

Books: the all time favs are Georgette heyer series and betty neel (M&B) ones..love sappy stuff!love Fountain head too!Ash!

Sports/Games: Don't play any,am a couch potato

Food/Drink: Anything choolatey,Chicken Biryani,Roohafza with cold milk

Vacation Spots: Don't have specific ones but would love to go to mumbai to meet SRK and Samir..😆

• Name one thing you would never or rarely get bored of doingsurfing the net,and eating chocolates! 😛
  • If the world was going to come to an end and we all were going to die tomorrow, how would you spend the last day of your life? ...Praying
    Describe your soul mate…He is that exactly...thank god the gamble paid off!

Outgoing or Shy: outgoing

Organized or Disorganized: Messy

Serious or Fun-loving: Funloving as life is too short

Optimistic or Pessimistic: Varies with each situation

Studious or carefree: Studious (had to be)

• Is your style of humour/joking witty, sarcastic, slapstick, silly, crazy or just plain weird?...You guyz can tell  me better..hmm..understated..I guess
  • Do you believe in love? Why or why not?...I do as I found it !
  • If there was one person you could bring back from the dead, who would it be and why?....gregory peck..he was awesome(loved his movies)
    Is there a fictional character from a movie, TV show or a novel you wish existed in real life?...Purab Mehra! (I bet most of the gals on the forum agree with me on this one)😉Agree mystica
  •  If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?...I wish I could be a little thinner...but I am fine with what I am seriously!
Edited by current - 19 years ago
ruta thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Slam Book Questions:

• Vital Stats:

Name/ID: Naina

Ambition: To write a book that could make a difference to someone's life,and yes a journalist too.

Languages Spoken: English,Hindi,Marathi and Arabic

Your favourite…
  • Movies:  Kal Ho Na Ho,Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and all other SRK movies,Legend of Bhagat Singh,Spiderman,Matrix Reloaded,all Harry Potter and LOTR movies,Farhenhiet 9/11 and many more.

Songs: Aja sohniya,Dhaani(strings),Title track of KHNH,Dhoom(tata young),waiting for tonight(jennifer lopez),Show me the meaning(BSB),One Loveand You make me wanna(blue) all Rishie Rich songs.

Actors/Actresses: Shah Rukh Khan,Ben Affleck,Orlando Bloom,Priety Zinta. 

Television Shows: Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin and Oprah Winfrey

Books:  All of Harry Potter and LOTR books,The da vinci code,deception point,digital fortress,angels and demons(Dan Brown),all of chicken soup range,How to Win friends and influence people(Dale Carneige),Power of Positive Thinking(norman vincent peale),Judith Guest and so many others. 

Sports/Games: I like to play basketball and watch cricket

Food/Drink: Rajma chawal,Pizza and Mountain dew

Vacation Spots: Singapore

• Name one thing you would never or rarely get bored of doingreading books
  • If the world was going to come to an end and we all were going to die tomorrow, how would you spend the last day of your life? ...i would hug my parents and tell them how much they mean to me and that i can't think of life without them.
    Describe your soul mate…Not thought about that one yet(but probably someone like Purab!!!)

Organized or Disorganized: Messy

Serious or Fun-loving: Serious

Optimistic or Pessimistic: Optimistic most of the times

• Is your style of humour/joking witty, sarcastic, slapstick, silly, crazy or just plain weird?...Probably weird ...i really don't know
  • Do you believe in love? Why or why not?...I do believe in love as it makes the journey of life worthwhile.
  • If there was one person you could bring back from the dead, who would it be and why?....no one in particular
    Is there a fictional character from a movie, TV show or a novel you wish existed in real life?...Purab Mehra!
  •  If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?...I am not a perfectionist so i guess i am pretty contented with what i am at the moment.