Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mIsHeZ.x thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Just skimmed thru the first post. So Naku won the argument afterall! Dhanya ho Nakusha...how could a daily soap heroine lose a bhashan competition?πŸ˜†

haha 2 ryt...

nakusha ko bashan competition se harana mushkil hi nahi...na mumkin haiπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
bandbajao thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mnx12

Good episode. Naku leads in this round. She will do what she wants to when Datta is concerned, even he can't stop her, so as Baji. Abhi has very interesting past, wan't to know more about that. Precap is interesting. Thanks BB & the writers.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

BB, just want to know the origine of the word Nakusha, please elaborate, if possible check the thread, Article: 285 girls named Nakusha😊

Hi Minaxi dear πŸ˜³ where is that thread??? 
Nakusha means "one that was not wanted"  variants are Nakoshi, Nakusi, Nakusa. It comes from the marathi word "nako" which means "No" or rather is an expression for rejection. When someone doesn't want something they say "mala nako"... or "i don't want it"...  Naku+ashi= Nakushi
ashi or asha (not to be pronounced as the name 'aasha') = thing or such a
eg: from the song that we used for ganpati celebrations... "ashi chikmotyanchi maal" ashi means "such a" or "such"
so Nakusha means = such that was not wanted. (Nakoshi/Nakusi mean the same too)
the other derogatory words that girls in rural maharashtra are named with are "dagdi" and "dhondi" which means like a stone (to imply useless or wasted: heere nahi patthar hai types)
Usually, it is the grandmothers of the house that name the girls with those names because they want their daughters-in-law to beget sons. And when it is a girl she is "a thing that was unwanted". 

And it is indeed so... that is why over 265 girls were renamed this weekend in Maharashtra's Satara (it is such a coincidence that in our show, Balu Dada is from Satara 😳 district) 
We are told that following that more places in Maharashtra are following the example and renaming girls with better names. 

CyberOstrich thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very profound episodes which have been provoking very profound discussions here! SP's and nakku's argument and counter-argument...who's right and who's wrong...its just not that black and white na?!! I for one lean more towards Naku's argument...and as others had mentioned yesterday..when the law of the land doesn't protect u then u have to protect yourself!! There has to be faith and trust that the law of the land will deliver and give justice but how many trustworthy, honest, committed police officers like the SP do we really get?

I am really looking forward to see how Dutta is going to react to naku's fears now...
Lekz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
A great episode once again.
The story is becoming thrilling by day.

Thanks BB and Wrier jee.

Naku's pov was thought provoking. SP has the license to fight against the bad and kill only because he has the wardi ? and Dutta no as he doesn't ? Very well said. She left SP completely at a loss of words and even thinking. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

But sadly it is only the people in khaki who are licenced, thats the fact we cannot ignore right or wrong. I have a feeling SP is already falling for Dutta's charisma πŸ˜‰ and we need to wait for the climax to see what happens.

The promo brought joy - Dutta is back home looks like.
I guess this is the 5th day or the 6th ?
Poor Baji what a shock it would have been, don't blame him.

Looking forward for tomorrow.

Forgot to add, the video was amn awesome depiction of Naku's dilema. Thanks a ton for the visuals.
Edited by Lekz - 12 years ago
rama_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
10.00 PM done ... BB... absolutely fine with us...πŸ˜ƒ

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
On BB's request from another thread:Since we had discussion about Nakusha's name several times...a question just popped up in my head...why did a protective mother like Babi never changed Naku's name once she moved out of her inlaws house?
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

ASD-Is Samiya dead? Or does he like DSP hang the photo of his wife in his room? I hope ASD too has a happy ending. Atleast in cyber life he deserves it. So Naku's bhashan opened some old wounds for ASD. ASD and DSP are surely turning out to be more and more alike. ASD has a uniform so the human rights guys could question him. Reminds of the latest debate raging the world over about Gadaffi's human rights. Its laughable the world is crying over the denial of human rights of the man who violated the human rights of millions of people.
DSP/Naku-Looks like Diwali time for everyone as DSP will be out to celebrate Diwali with his family. I feel soon ASD and DSP will form an unlikely alliance and fight their common enemies. But till then Naku can only calm down DSP with the news of bauli's movement.

PS: Looks like Naku the sherni is back in action as far as protecting DSP from wrong allegations are concerned...whether they are ASD's or Baji's. She is right that Dutta would have brought her to the mandir himself.

Lekz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: kshreya2002

ASD-Is Samiya dead? Or does he like DSP hang the photo of his wife in his room? I hope ASD too has a happy ending. Atleast in cyber life he deserves it. So Naku's bhashan opened some old wounds for ASD. ASD and DSP are surely turning out to be more and more alike. ASD has a uniform so the human rights guys could question him. Reminds of the latest debate raging the world over about Gadaffi's human rights. Its laughable the world is crying over the denial of human rights of the man who violated the human rights of millions of people.
DSP/Naku-Looks like Diwali time for everyone as DSP will be out to celebrate Diwali with his family. I feel soon ASD and DSP will form an unlikely alliance and fight their common enemies. But till then Naku can only calm down DSP with the news of bauli's movement.

PS: Looks like Naku the sherni is back in action as far as protecting DSP from wrong allegations are concerned...whether they are ASD's or Baji's. She is right that Dutta would have brought her to the mandir himself.

@Bold : Exactly what I feel too, but not getting together. I feel SP will be instrumental in getting Dutta off the legal tangles or mitigate the impact someway. And that would be the climax, surprising Dutta and the viewers.
Too dramatic but no harm in hoping and wishing.
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: bandbajao

Hi Minaxi dear πŸ˜³ where is that thread??? 
Nakusha means "one that was not wanted"  variants are Nakoshi, Nakusi, Nakusa. It comes from the marathi word "nako" which means "No" or rather is an expression for rejection. When someone doesn't want something they say "mala nako"... or "i don't want it"...  Naku+ashi= Nakushi
ashi or asha (not to be pronounced as the name 'aasha') = thing or such a
eg: from the song that we used for ganpati celebrations... "ashi chikmotyanchi maal" ashi means "such a" or "such"
so Nakusha means = such that was not wanted. (Nakoshi/Nakusi mean the same too)
the other derogatory words that girls in rural maharashtra are named with are "dagdi" and "dhondi" which means like a stone (to imply useless or wasted: heere nahi patthar hai types)
Usually, it is the grandmothers of the house that name the girls with those names because they want their daughters-in-law to beget sons. And when it is a girl she is "a thing that was unwanted". 

And it is indeed so... that is why over 265 girls were renamed this weekend in Maharashtra's Satara (it is such a coincidence that in our show, Balu Dada is from Satara 😳 district) 
We are told that following that more places in Maharashtra are following the example and renaming girls with better names. 

Thanks BB, this is the thread, where someone just refuses to accept this meaning.
bandbajao thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mnx12

Thanks BB, this is the thread, where someone just refuses to accept this meaning.

Let it go dear πŸ˜Š It doesn't matter. If someone is so steadfast about what they have heard/read, then we cannot change their thoughts. The fact is that the origin of the word in Maharashtra lies in the its language and the thought process of the people who speak that language. So, even if it does have other origins which we may not be as aware about, the commonly accepted reason is the one above, even as per the authorities who have just renamed a few Nakushas in Maharashtra... so smile! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³