T.c.
Did_We_Know thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Hey Guys,

Here goes the 4th part of Did We Know…

Enjoy...

Part 4

Ananya, Anjani and Billy were sitting around the table where Billy was filled in with all the details of the function… including Aarav's meeting with his mom-to-be. Billy and Ananya felt blessed to have found Riddhima and there couldn't be a better mother for Aarav.

"Hey Mom… Appi… how was the function?" Armaan inquired... his eyebrows were rising by the second seeing that these women are smiling but not saying anything...

"Yea…it was fine" Appi said casually understanding that he was looking for greater details.

"Fine…just fine… what do you mean fine?" "I worked my ass off for this function and all you can say is fine."

"Aray fine ka matlab fine… it went as planned. Uptan ki rasam hui phir mehendi ki.. girls were singing and dancing…everyone ate and went home. It was FINE. Bas Aarav…" before she could finish Armaan jumped the gun

"Aarav, what happened to him… was he crying too much… I asked you both to leave him with me but no… who listens to me?"

"Excuse me.. Aarav was in perfect hands." Billy said proudly.

"And exactly how would you know that Dad since you were here entertaining your friends."

"Hmmm… I just know. I am your father remember." Billy got up and went to his room with Ananya by his side.

Yawning even Anjani got up and left claiming too much work to be done for the next day. Armaan stood there confused. "Is it me or are people in this family mad… have to be them" he concluded.

Armaan thought to quickly check on Aarav… he saw Aarav sleeping with a smile on his face which automatically lit a smile on Armaans face. He wondered if Aarav and Riddhima will accept each other and what their relationship will be like? Little did he know that they had already fallen in love and bonded so beautifully!

The day of the wedding was chaotic in both Gupta's and Malik's house… people were running around and finishing the last minute details.

Armaan was trying to get the flight in order; damn the technical issue because of which our plane was grounded. "Get a flight chartered.. I don't care" he bombarded his people. "You have 10 to find out all possible options and call me back."

Thank god for good connections, they managed to get the flight organized. An event management company had flown in speakers from New Zealand and Australia. They were now heading back and Armaan's office managed to get the last two seats on the flight. Riddhima's visa was personally handled by the Ambassador of New Zealand to New Delhi. Being the most well established corporation in the capital was definitely beneficial for the Malik Group of Company and vice versa.

Armaan shuddered at the thought of delay.. he could lose Aarav. There was no option but to fly latest by the following after noon. After 16 hours of direct flight, there wouldn't be much time for rest between landing, freshening up and going to the court but it had to be done. Time was a luxury he did not have.

Now, all I need to do is to ask Riddhima if she is ready or does she want to stay a couple of extra days with her parents. Though that might not be the best thing but I have to give her that choice.

Armaan came down to see everyone together and broke the news to them. They all agreed that it should be Riddhima's choice but somewhere deep down they knew that she will agree.

Ananya called the Gupta's and mentioned the travel plan to Padma who was both happy yet sad. Padma along with Shashank, Juhi and Shruti walked into Riddhima's room. After seeing her entire family in her room, Riddhima was anticipating the worst.

Padma asked her about the travel, Riddhima agreed to travel instantly because she was aware that the court case is the day after they land in New Zealand.

Armaan just smiled when Ananya told him about Riddhima's decision… he inwardly thanked Riddhima, hoping that all will be for the best from now on.   

Armaan was putting on his sherwani when Ananya and Anjani walked into his room smiling. "Mera beta… you look so handsome. Just like a prince" Ananya said

"Mom please, I am 27 years old not 7… you used to say this when I was in school".

"I know that but you are still the same for me"… she now had tears in her eyes.

Armaan came forward and hugged his over emotional mom "Of course mom…I am still your little prince but isn't it illegal for 7 year old boys to get married? They may jail you and dad."

He winked at Anjani and they both burst out laughing. Ananya had to join her children and thank God for having them though she terribly missed her oldest son who was no more.

"Armaan beta, tu kush toh haina? Ananya and Anjani both had this question lingering in their minds. It was not the most favorable scenario to get married in but it was their good luck to find Riddhima.     

Armaan understood his mother's concern. He never thought that he would marry someone he hardly knew. But he liked whatever little he knew of Riddhima. She seemed sensible, mature and most importantly, she was willing to take on Aarav's responsibility. Armaan didn't want to think beyond that right now. "Yes Mom… just a little anxious. Pehle shaadi haina! I will be all sorted by the next one." He joked.

"Badmash, Can't you see Mom… he is bloating with happiness. Sherwani bhi band nahi horahee." Anjani retorted and laughed at her own joke.

"Whatever Appi, moving on" Armaan gave her the look.

"Oh.. Armaan, I came to tell you something very important." Taking the jewelry box from Anjani she opened it and showed him the exquisite navratan necklace and earings.

Armaan gave her the questioning look and asked, "Am I expected to know what to do with this."

"Yes Armaan, this is for Riddhima!". Ananya said disgusted.

"Ok.. good so give it to her. Why are you showing it to me?"

"Hey Bhagwaan… kiya ho ga is ladke gaa?" Armaan and Anjani were both shocked by their mother's dramatic response but really she was in the land of Bollywood. Can you blame her?

"Armaan beta, you are supposed to give this to Riddhima as your wedding gift…it is called mou dikhaee… you duffer."

"Mom but… OK" Armaan stopped right there. Whatever he and Riddhima have agreed upon should remain between them. Besides he didn't know how his family would react to being "just friends" relationship post marriage.

Just then all of Armaan's friends burst into his room. He was shocked and happy to see them. After all, they were his best buddies. "OMG.. how did you guys get here so fast?"

"Oye, hero… teri shaadi humare baghair kaise ho sakti hai? Muskaan exclaimed.

"You guys are the best.. you have no idea how glad I am to see you all. Thank you so much for making it in time at such short notice." Armaan said hugging Muskaan.

Rahul quickly came forward and pulled them apart. Both Armaan and Muskaan retorted, "Get a life Rahul!!"

"Hey Niks, Hows the new mama doing?" Armaan pulled Nikki forward.. seeing her bulge Armaan said, "Not so new I guess." The comment earned him a well-deserved smack from Nikki.

Abhi came and hugged Armaan, "teri bhi din aayenge beta… then we will see." Armaan just nodded knowing the impossibility of that happening.

"Hey.. Anji Atul" he hugged both of them together. The hugging and kissing session continued… after the car accident and the break up, they were all very worried for Armaan.

Now, he was finally going to settle down but they still hadn't seen the bride.

"Armaan saale…. Shadi kar raha hai aur invitation kya tera baap bhayje gaa"? Rahul asked.

"Yes, Rahul, invitation uske baap ne hi bhayja hai. You are welcome beta." Billy's sudden entry and response shocked all of them. Looking at the color drain from Rahul's face they all burst out laughing.

Billy announced that they need to leave in one hour so that they reach on time. Muskaan, Anjali and Nikita were insisting to see Riddhima before the wedding but they were told that the groom's side can only see the girl after the wedding.      

Billy and Ananya had chosen an outdoor venue for the wedding as this was the only venue that could accommodate their massive guest list. The decoration was a beautiful mixture of red, gold and white… the tables had white linen with gold skirting whereas the chairs had gold cover with red bows. There was a bouquet tied with the bow to give a crowning effect to the chairs. The center piece on each table was a tall glass vase with red and gold pebbles, a stem of ruby red calla lily topped with golden floating candles. Beautiful confetti sprinkled on the tables around the center piece.

The mandap was a reflection of purity… all white and gold with massive bouquet arrangements of red roses on the golden pillars.

Riddhima looked outside the window of her room in the hotel, where she was in awe of the arrangements; she was shocked to see the no. of people invited for the wedding. How can one family know so many people….everyone I could see from my window was a stranger. Did my family not invite anyone?

She noticed Armaan walk up to a group of guys and gals, with the candid flow of conversation she could make out that they were very close to him. Riddhima wondered who they were?

My cousins were right… Armaan did look handsome. There was something majestic about his personality and those magnetic eyes. Suddenly Armaan looked up and would have caught Riddhima looking at him but she moved away in time. She slowly moved back and placed herself on the bed.

Armaan was extremely nervous sitting alone at the mandap waiting for his bride so he decided to have a "catch up" chat with his friends. God he had missed them so much. As soon as Armaan approached them, they started teasing him about his anxiety to get married. The girls took it to another level of the suhagraat and how he needs to control himself. All this while Armaan felt like he was being watched and when he couldn't hold it any longer, he looked up. He couldn't see anyone but he could swear that someone was looking at him. Anxiety my friend… Armaan concluded with his brain.

"Pheyroon ka time ho gaya hai beta", Ananya informed Armaan. "The girls have gone to get Riddhima. Shall we?"

"Of course Mom." Armaan reached the mandap just in time, he turned around and saw Riddhima coming down the stairs. God she looks beautiful just like a fairy… the red lehenga brings out a beautiful glow on her face. Armaan wanted to stop staring but he couldn't.

"Mou band karle nahi toh machar chala jayee ga?" Abhi stated from behind Armaan. Armaan quickly gathered himself together, moved towards the steps and waited for Riddhima to reach the mandap.

As soon as she reached the steps, he extended his hand so that her sisters could help her with the lehenga.

Riddhima looked up for a second and for the first time they both looked into each other's eyes. Before Riddhima could react, Shruti put Riddhima's hand on Armaan's who helped her to climb the steps.

The ceremony went on smoothly and Armaan's friends cheered when he put the mangalsutra and sindoor on Riddhima. My friends are crazy, Armaan thought. 

Once the ceremony was completed, Armaan and Riddhima went to take blessing of the elders.  The photography and dinner session started and Armaan totally forgot to introduce Riddhima to his friends.

While he was looking for Riddhima, Armaan noticed her talking to Ananya and Padma and then they all went inside the hotel. Women's thing probably.. thought Armaan. Riddhima came back with Ananya after 15 mins and stood next to Armaan.

He slowly bent down and asked her, "All ok? You were gone for a while". Riddhima just nodded, "hmm.. fine". Armaan raised his eyebrows and decided he hated the word "fine".

It was now time for the rukhsati, Riddhima met her sisters and parents but she cried the most when Aaryan and Esha hugged her. She kissed both of them not knowing how the future will be…. When will she see them again? Will they be able to have the same relation with Armaan that they shared with Siddhant?

Just then Armaan picked both of them and asked, "Why are you guys crying? Is something bothering you?".

"Yes, you are taking our Ridzy away." Came the instant response.

"Hmmm… why don't you come along as well. Let's ask your mamas." He then went up to Shruti and Juhi and asked them to come along for a while so that the whole family can be together; Riddhima was shocked yet extremely touched by his gesture.

Ananya and Billy dragged Shashank and Padma into the plan as well. So it was decided both the families were going to spend the night together since Riddhima and Armaan were flying out the next afternoon.      

The elders left before everyone so that they will be ready for the bride and groom. Ananya stopped Riddhima and Armaan at the doorstep for the aarti…. There were ladies standing on both sides to shower flower petals on them.

Riddhima's family watched while she received such a beautiful reception and was very happy for her. The fun and masti began when everyone settled down in the living room….

Ananya and Billy started the "mou dikhai ki rasam" followed by Appi and jeej, then all the other aunty's. When Ananya asked Armaan's friends to do the rasam they refused flat.

Muskaan, Anjani and Nikita together voiced "We don't like her at all so no mou dikhai".

Armaan and his family were shocked at this behavior… "Guys what the matter? What happened?" Armaan asked.

Riddhima was feeling extremely awkward because all this commotion was because of her… trying to stop the tears from flowing out… she started looking down.

"This is what she has done… made you forget about us… have you even introduced us to your beautiful wife… you duffer?" and they all burst out laughing.

Everyone in the room heaved a sigh of relief… "Stupid… idiots. Dara hi diya tha" exclaimed  Armaan.

Riddima was then introduced to each one. The couples came one by one to give the wedding gifts… the girls hugged Riddhima and welcomed her to the group. Both Riddhima and Armaan were all smiles.

Post the rituals, the guys were busy playing with Aaryan and Esha on the PS3. Riddhima's mom and dad decided to leave since it was getting really late but promised to be back for lunch the next day. Riddhima knew that her parents would have never stayed the nite. She knew them too well.

Finally well past 3 o'clock, Armaan declared that he wanted to crash out as well. Appi got up to show Riddhima to her room followed by Armaan but again they were stopped by the girls.

"Armaan… poor girl. Kitna thak gayee hai. You have to carry her to the room"?

"Guys pagal ho gaye ho… sab bade hain yahan par… kya sochen gay"? Armaan tried to free himself out of the situation.

He could have easily carried Riddhima but he wasn't sure how she would react.

"Hum kuch nahi sochen gay beta… tumhari biwi hai… jaise chaho lay jaoo" Billy replied loudly… Ananya also agreed.

Armaan looked at his friends with pleading eyes but they weren't in the mood of any mercy. Finally giving up… he walked over to Riddhima and slowly whispered closed to her ears…"May I?"

She shivered at the proximity but his question put a smile on her face… she slowly nodded which only Armaan saw.

Before she could understand anything, she was lifted up in his arms. But she didn't have the courage to look into his eyes. Between the whistles and the cheers and ear to ear smile, Armaan climbed the stairs, entered his room and shut the door behind them.

To be continued...

Let me know what you think 😉... your comments are valuable...🤗

Love,

Ambryn

roshni_A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Really good part...i liked Armaan's interaction with his friends ..they r sweet and really nice...hope they get Arav's custody...looking forward 2 the next part...
Maria151994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
hey dear lovly part now looking forward to see their married life:)
thankx for pm
continue soon
maria
-GoogleWithMe- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

awesome update

loved it 

cute & lovely part

continue soon

Eeks! Great partt! Cont soon pleaseee!!
Wows! I wanna see ridz nd arav parts!
shonagudia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Lovely parts. thnx for bringing the whole gang here. Finally the wedding is completed. the last one was nice. Hope the love between AR happen soon. Continue soon.. Love to see Ridhima, Arman and Arav's relationship.

queenofhearts01 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Just read the whole FF in one go!

Absolutely amazing!!!

Can't wait to see how the story pans out!

Do add me to a PM list if there is one!
dimpledsmile thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
amazing part..
 loved it..
 thnx 4 da Pm!!
tc
AMMY12 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Very nice and cute part buddy.