Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RJ1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
@Vrish: I totally agree with you. In the name of the mythological serials, they add a lot of fictions rather than facts into it!!!!!
I was so surprised knowing that Saraswati river got dried up after the Mahabharata war, or just like you said, it got merged to Ganga and Yamuna!!!!

RJ
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I will re read all the  above posts once again but here's what I know about Vrishketu.

Vrishaketu is mentioned only in Jaimineya's Mahabharata. It is unclear whether or not he took part in the MB war, but most likely  post the War, he would have been granted kingship of Anga.

Radha and Adhirath may have lived with him in their old age (they had lost their biological sons as well)

He was with the Pandavas for two reasons-  (1) to hone his archery skills under Arjuna (Arjuna mentions with a tinge of regret that while he did not have the oppurtunity to teach Abhimanyu, he wanted to recompense by teaching Vrishketu) and 
(2) to participate in the military campaigns related to the ashwamedha yagna. 

Oh yes, the Pandavs, especially Arjuna did cherish him a lot. When Vrishketu was felled down by Babruvahan, Arjuna's sorrow is truly heart rending . But they  did not molly coddle him or dissuade him from  joining in their battles. That would have been against what kshatriyahood stood for.

varaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: RJ1234

Vrishaketu????

Regarding Vrishaketu, I am not sure whether he was alive during the Pandavas' final journey to the heaven or not. Some says that he was killed at hand of Babruvahana, during the Ashwamedha Yagna, while some says he got married to the daughter of the king
Yavanatha, and he successfully returned back to Hasthinapura, along with his newly married wife and his uncle Bheema.
Did he even go for the Ashwamedha campaign? if he did, then with whom? Bheema, or Arjuna? I was reading the Mahabharata online, no where it was mentioned that Vrishaketu was there with Arjuna, or am I being mistaken here?

RJ

Vrishketu went twice - first with Bhima and Meghavarna to obtain the sacrificial horse and later on accompanied Arjuna during the actual conquest.

He was indeed killed by Babruvahana but later on brought back to life by Krishna.

varaali thumbnail
Vrish,

Bhima and Arjuna do not go to Vaikunth directly from Dwaraka- after the fratricide.

According to the SB, after the Yadu massacre, Arjuna does go back to Hastinapur and breaks the news to his brothers. He also mentions in passing that he was easily defeated by robbers on the way.

The Pandavas set out on the swargaohan together.
Edited by varaali - 11 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
Varaali

That's the Mahabharata version.  What does SB say about it - that's what I was mentioning.
varaali thumbnail
Vrish,

What I have written is the SB version
RJ1234 thumbnail

Originally posted by: varaali

Vrishketu went twice - first with Bhima and Meghavarna to obtain the sacrificial horse and later on accompanied Arjuna during the actual conquest.

He was indeed killed by Babruvahana but later on brought back to life by Krishna.

@Varaali: Thnks a lot for your info and insight. @Vrish. and I were also have been discussing a lot regarding the Mahabharata Post War topics.  @Varaali: If you don't mind, I would like to ask you a question: what is your source of information regarding "Vrishaketu"? U also mentioned that  "
Vrishketu went twice - first with Bhima and Meghavarna to obtain the sacrificial horse and later on accompanied Arjuna during the actual conquest. He was indeed killed by Babruvahana but later on brought back to life by Krishna". Where did you find these?

@Varaali: Thanks so much for joining the conversation. We hope to c more suggestions and insight regarding the "Mahabharata Post-War".

RJ

RJ1234 thumbnail
@Nandiniraizaada: Are you talking about upcoming "Mahabharat" on Star Plus? Well, if it is then we heard that it is going to start from the mid of May.

RJ
debaleena_tunai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

It's starting on 1 st july😊

Are you sure it's starting from 1st July? I heard it will start from 17th June...replacing EHMMBH...at 8:30pm slot...😕
Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Quick question - just as Arjun's bow was the Gandhiva, did Bhima's gada have a name?