Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morgoth thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
the whole idea of happiness depends on an individual and what satisfies that individual.

if money = satisfaction, then money = happiness. having a lot of wealth may satisfy some people, while it may not satisfy others.

the idea that "money can't buy happiness" is inaccurate to an extent - it has been romanticized by the media and to an extent by religious scriptures. it really depends on what kind of an individual you are.
Sharila thumbnail
As I have said, "money can satisfy you in buying material things but when it comes to emotional status there is no amount of money that can fulfill that".
Unless that person who has no heart or emotion than only money can buy him or her happiness.
Everything has a barrier, and money is one of them, so therefore, for a person like me. Money can never buy me happiness only all the material things that I have
scaffold thumbnail
"Money cannot buy us happiness, But it does allow us to be miserable in comfort."
๐Ÿ˜‰
MOTI123 thumbnail

as long as one is content he is happy. i want to give an example. A person was sleeping in public garden. A rich man came and sat beside him.
rich man: what are u doing
poor man sleeping: sleeping.
r.m y cant u do some job
p. m; y i shd do a job
r.m : u can earn money and have all luxury can get married
p. m: and then?
r. m: u can have good life and sleep peacefully relaxed.
p.m: then what am i doing Now??

this is contentment, which money cant bring

and being content leads to happiness

Edited by ripvins - 18 years ago
dannyk thumbnail

Nice question ..

ITs totally depend upon what is happiness to u .. spending money and partying with friend .. do lot of shopping .. if this mean a happiness to u then it do..

but i feel money can't buy happiness as if this was case then all rich ppl will be the most happier person on the earth .. i feel those who are rich they are more worried about money .. and spend most of the life makeing money only

yeah upto some extend money is important .. but money is not everything ..
Edited by dannyk - 18 years ago
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: scaffold

"Money cannot buy us happiness, But it does allow us to be miserable in comfort."
๐Ÿ˜‰

true๐Ÿ˜† and though many things are more important than money, it takes money to buy those as well๐Ÿ˜†

Eijoo''s_Angel thumbnail

Originally posted by: zhasan2

money cannot buy happiness. if you have all the money in the world, it doesn't necessarily mean you have peace, sukh, happiness, whatever. Money cannot be given in an exchange for love, for respect, you have to earn it

i agree 100%

sarab thumbnail
Not always but money can buy happiness only to some extent.
anjubala thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Money can surely buy MATERIALISTIC happiness but not the emotional or internal happiness. If a person considers materialistic happiness as the true happiness then yes it does buy happiness. But the truth is money brings in more misery because it makes you greedy and you yearn for more money and more money..You get lost in the pile of money and so does ur happiness. You are never satisfied with the amount of money you have and so want more...And if a person is not satisfied then how can he/she be happy...
bollywoodfan thumbnail
money can bring happiness to an extent. The more money one has the more responsibility one has. Money refers to being rich which also includes having property which then includes bills, taxes, and such. While money can bring a temporary and in-the-moment happiness, spiritual happiness that comes from other things of value to us might just give a lasting sense of happiness.Edited by bollywoodfan - 18 years ago