Can Money buy Happiness?

Posted: 18 years ago

Money has always played a very major role in bringing happiness, but it has its limitations.  The power of money in evreyones lives is unquestionable. After all, why does most of the people  work and work hard. Its for money. The more money a person has, or a company has, or a country has, the more reputed and successful it is.
That brings me to another point. In today's society, the fatter ur paypacket, the better u r placed in soceity.I remember about a term called "Quasimodic Effect", which means the healing effect that buying does on a person's mental health at that moment. It is observed, tht generally people feel much better after shopping, a sense of contentment comes in.
But, here comes the paradox.
If what all i said was so much true, and happiness was just a slave to money why does the super rich society has so much discontent, cases of depression, suicides, high risk behaviour.

That means there is something wrong with the notion.
Enough of anything is bad, and  that applies to money also

Which brings about a thought, that happiness is actually the state of mind at a transient moment.  One moment u feel u r happy, the next u feel u r not. 

Which brings about a thought, that happiness is actually the state of mind at a transient moment.  One moment u feel u r happy, the next u feel u r not.

So, happiness in a sense is peace of mind.

All in all, i feel money very well plays a role in happiness,but only to an extent.After that, its just ur state of mind.

what do u think?

yeah...right! money can buy happiness upto a certain extent but its not everything.

who wud exchange his eyesight for a million-dollar?

if u have poor wealth, lack of security or troubling family...money wont be too useful.

suppose the only child leaves his old parents or husband divorces his wife to marry a rich woman to have bucks, so where's the happiness for the parents or wife?
i feel yes money can't buy u complete happiness but it brings u a lot closer to it than people who r poor. i mean when u have money u dont have to worry about stuff like how am i gonna get food,or how i am going to go to college and how am i going to take care of my family and everything like that. money problems are a major reason a lot of people aren't happy. this sounds so horrible to say but i feel that rich people just create problems for themselves, or any people with no problems tend to create problems for themselves. i mean all these rich kids saying "boo hoo hoo mommy and dadddy never paid attention to me all they did was send me off to boarding school with all the great education and all the money to spend and a mansion to live in and a life where i didn't have to worry about needing anything so i am going to cry over the fact that they weren't fawning over me 24/7." i mean yeah its great if ur parents spend time with u but like if they do all this stuff for u like giving u the best of everything in life then they love u and they just dont show it the way u want. just because someone doesn't love u the way u want them to doesn't mean they dont love u at all. yeah there are problems in people who r rich but thats only cause they have nothing major to worry about so they worry about trivial things. like my husband works too much so we can have enough money to shop till we drop, i am so sad. that sounds so mean but i really believe it. when someone doesn't have something really important to worry about they make trivial things of paramount importance.
money is imp as it can buy u food and shelter but happiness is in the mind.
sumtimes it is seen a beggar is more happy dan a billionaire!
money cannot buy happiness. if you have all the money in the world, it doesn't necessarily mean you have peace, sukh, happiness, whatever. Money cannot be given in an exchange for love, for respect, you have to earn it
money absolutely cannot buy u even the best moments of life...i think money is only a means or rather it is only a temporary source or joy--money in fact ruins-i feel the more u have..the more u want-of course it gives u all the luxuries and all-but it fails 2 give u memories-if analysed u won't find even 1 memory that has lasted due 2 money-it's only time spent with ur loved ones....so ultimately money's 4 material joys-not true joy
money can buy happiness,for me its totally false,till the basic needs get fulfilled,money can b of use,but tht too,its the necessity,not happiness,nd happiness is by ppl,not by things,money cant buy ppl,nd money gives happiness,its all in the mind,for eg i wanna buy a luxury foreign car,but if i dont buy it,m i not happy,ya if sum ppl r not with us,v might feel unhappy

Money can buy happiness as long as it's something you really desire like an object. But money can't buy emotions like love or hate...neither can it bring peace it your life. Money is deifintely a necessity, but it doesn't guarantee that you will be happy if you don't have it. There are many people who are rich, but can't use it because they are disabled of something like a disease..so at that time..what help is that money doing? On the other hand, there are people who don't have enough money, but they are living life very peacefully. So money can't buy happiness.

Money can buy u happiness....YES, but happiness that is short-lived. Money is not a permanant thing, it comes and goes and takes your happiness with it. So yes, money can buy you happiness, but only until it runs out. 😃
Money can only buy material things but happiness comes within yourself, and no amount of money can buy that. Do have some experience there