Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

she_ratchet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
saada haq-rockstar. can't get enough of this song :-)
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

edit:  why the eff are none of my videos working? Can i get some help -_-

Edited by masakaliii - 12 years ago
quiet_chaos thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 5
Priya...you need to make sure your URL link is not underlined...and I do not know how to get it un-underlined ji. Only Mogli devi can help you...she's a pro
^thanks simran. Cursesss, i had a suspicion it might have to do with hat. 

Originally posted by: masakaliii

Copy/paste into notepad first before pasting onto IF, that should solve it.

Edited by 2direct - 12 years ago
quiet_chaos thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 5

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxVJ-b8xy2s&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

OMG...it worked...thanks 2direct!!!!!!
Edited by AHF_S - 12 years ago
Anyone ever heard this song?

Bloddy hell...its amazing...the violins, the cellos...ilayaraja is too good for the word genius. 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZA1AKH4iPM[/YOUTUBE]

@smartie: Too true,  Ilayaraja is one of the greatest composers of India. The way he changed music in the South. The way he used to pull in Western Classical music arrangments with tamil folk before anyone else was pure genius. 

I saw this show on tv once where Ilayaraja took 3 notes and then basically wrote a melody only using those 3 notes. It was fantastic.
On Another note. Has anyone seen this?
Its the grand finale performance from saregamapa lil champs.
I've have never seen 3 kids perform together this flawlessly. Everytime i watch it I get all teared up. I love all the songs in this mashup, and each excerpt is performed to perfection with a maturity beyond their years.

@smartie: Too true,  Ilayaraja is one of the greatest composers of India. The way he changed music in the South. The way he used to pull in Western Classical music arrangments with tamil folk before anyone else was pure genius. 

I saw this show on tv once where Ilayaraja took 3 notes and then basically wrote a melody only using those 3 notes. It was fantastic.

ooh yeh i think i saw tht show too...his songs are just so...soo...addictive. And they were so progressive for their times...i think he was the first person to start using a synthesiser in his early 90s late 80s music with the help of reheman who worked in his band, and then rehman used it in roja and took it to a whole new  level. 

But what u said abt his arrangements is soo true. His music is like a tapestry of a raaga based melody, with pure western classical orchestrization and contemporary/folk beats. I dunt know how he does it...his songs are always so rich...

I was watching this cnn ibn show on ilayaraja and Kamal hassan said tht some other composer had composed for Hey raam and nee partha was actually a different song. But ilayaraja composed nee partha parvai oru nandri after the whole song was shot on camera, keeping in mind the keys of the piano tht kamal was playing in the video...

that is friggin amazing.