NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
I aam sure Rukmini had a daughter.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sweet_diksha

i have given abt his family in a new topic. in bhagavatam they say Krishna had 10 sons from each of his 16108 wives.

now one thing. when they started the show , they were saying it's a show that will cover his life as a king of dwarika and his life journey post he defeats kans.

http://www.imagine.tv/in/shows/subhome/179/3995

so may be rukmini will be there now only as a mother of Pradumna. and SB , being more entertaining, will be always there with him as his queen.

But Rukmini was his most important wife. Thats the truth

Vithal Rukmini are worshipped in Maharashtra
sweet_diksha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NandiniPS

I aam sure Rukmini had a daughter.

ya , right. charumati is Rukmini's daughters name. but do mention in bhagavatam abt his other daughters , if there r any
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I have another question.  I've been checking SB in order to find out the parentage of Anirudha & Vajra.  Previously, I recall reading people claim that Anirudha's mother was Rukmi's daughter Rukmavati, while Vajra's mother was Rukmi's granddaughter Rochana.  (RS SK had Pradhyumna marrying a rakshasha princess Padmavati and getting Anirudha from her)

But reading SB, I couldn't find that anywhere.  Similarly, I recall reading that Anirudha was the son of Mayavati/Rati, while Vajra was the son of Usha.

Does anyone know which texts explicitly spell out who their mothers are, including chapter & verse??
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Vrish,

SB does spell out the parentage. See chapter 61. After spelling out each of the principal queens' sons, Parikshit asks Shukdev how Rukmi's daughter came to wed Pradyumna? (Sloka 20)

Verses 22 and 23 mention that Rukmavati chose Pradyumna in a Swayamvara and that Rukmi reluctantly agreed.

In verse 25, Shukdev says that Rukmi gave his granddaughter Rochana to Aniruddha ( dauhitreya -daughter's son) is the exact word used. So we can safetly assume that Aniruddha was the daughter of Rukmavati.

Vajra is mentioned only at the fag end of the eleventh skanda, that too as the son of Anirudh. I have to check up exactly where his mother's name is mentioned.

will get back later.
sweet_diksha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: varaali

Vrish,

SB does spell out the parentage. See chapter 61. After spelling out each of the principal queens' sons, Parikshit asks Shukdev how Rukmi's daughter came to wed Pradyumna? (Sloka 20)

Verses 22 and 23 mention that Rukmavati chose Pradyumna in a Swayamvara and that Rukmi reluctantly agreed.

In verse 25, Shukdev says that Rukmi gave his granddaughter Rochana to Aniruddha ( dauhitreya -daughter's son) is the exact word used. So we can safetly assume that Aniruddha was the daughter of Rukmavati.

Vajra is mentioned only at the fag end of the eleventh skanda, that too as the son of Anirudh. I have to check up exactly where his mother's name is mentioned.

will get back later.

vajra was son of Aniruddha and Rochana.  and Aniruddha was son of Pradyumna and Rukmavati

link to this : http://www.bhagavata.org/canto10/chapter90.html   (sloka 35-38)

i ll print the slokas here . see.

( In each of His many wives begot Krishna, the Supreme Lord Never Failing in His Effort, ten sons [and one daughter]. (32) Of these there were eighteen mahrathas of an unlimited prowess, whose fame spread wide; hear their names from me. (33-34) They were Pradyumna and [His grandson or other son] Aniruddha; Dptimn and Bhnu as also Smba, Madhu and Brihadbhnu; Citrabhnu, Vrika and Aruna; Pushkara and Vedabhu, S'rutadeva and Sunandana; Citrabhu and Virpa, Kavi and Nyagrodha. (35) O best of kings, of these sons of Krishna, the enemy of Madhu, was Pradyumna, the son of Rukmin, the most prominent one. He was just like His father. (36) He, the great chariot fighter, married the daughter of Rukm [named Rukmavat] from whom then was born Aniruddha who was endowed with the strength of a ten thousand elephants [see 10.61]. (37) Furthermore took He, as you know, next Rukm's granddaughter [Rocana] for His wife and from her was His son Vajra born, the only one to remain after the battle with the clubs [see 3.4: 1 & 2]. )
Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Oh, I didnt create this as a separate topic did I?

But interesting discussion. But i shall add my two bits to this soon.
Edited by vinuchand - 12 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
^^^ No, you didn't. 😆 I just moved your post from another thread to this one, so that all discussions about Krishna's family (apart from wives, which has its own thread) are in one place.  Since they automatically get ordered chronologically, yours is the first, making it look to you like you started this thread 😆

Sure, weigh in whenever convenient 😆
Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Oh, great. Thanks Vrish. I will add my two bits soon.
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Vrish,

Regarding your query on Vajra,

Vajra was crowned in Indraprastha but his kingdom was Mathura.

On re reading the relevant lines in SB, I found that it says Arjuna took Vajra and other survivors to Indraprastha where he crowned Vajra as king of Yadavas. It does not say he was crowned the ruler of Indraprastha. Probably when normalcy  returned, Vajra and his prople must have moved to Mathura which was anyway their home turf. IN fact there is as story that on reaching Mathura Vajra found it desolate and empty and totally devoid of the 'presence' of Krishna. On vyasa's advice, he built four  temples in Krishna's honour.

In any case I cannot imagine Indraprastha not being a part of the Pandava empire.