Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Diksha,

Anyone (and Everyone) would have called him Dwarakadheesh. The point is, only his wife/ wives could have addressed him as Aryaputra. I am not sure why it should only be Rukmini. Any wifewould call her husband as such. 

Incidentally, "Aarya" meant refined/cultured...
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Today's episode was just awesome - Satyabhama got vindicated   Since Krishna was unwilling to fight a woman (Krishna now looks more of a saint than even Rama, who killed Taraka, and himself, who killed Pootana), Satyabhama volunteered, and had a fight w/ Agniasuri, and killed her after getting wounded in the arm.  Yeah for Satyabhama 🥳😎  And they showed Dwarkadheesh apologize to her, and her for once crediting him for her success 👏

They also finally showed Naraka's 16,100 women.  One of them openly defied his order, and got struck by him for it.  Later, they were discussing how Krishna might prevail, and decided to pray for Satyabhama b'cos she's a helpless woman.  Can't wait until Bhama finds out what they thought of her 😈.  Incidentally, they assigned some names to a few of them: is there a list of all their 16,100 names anywhere? 😈😆

It was funny to see Satyabhama complain about being treated by Krishna as a child, when she looks and acts exactly like one.  😆  And she didn't seem to like the sound of it when Krishna talked about rescuing the 16,100 women of Narakasura. 🤣  But for once, she did act like a devoted wife when she was tending to him as he was asleep. 👍🏼

Oh, and for the first time ever, when she found out that the wounded Garuda was actually Mura, she yelled for Krishna as 'Swami'!!!  Finally, she got it!!!   Didn't call for Kanha this time 🤣  But she was defiant as she faced Mura.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Today's episode was awesome!!!  Satyabhama broke off from Mura and  fought him, even though he ultimately knocked her sword off.  She was cornered but defiant to the end.

Ultimately, in Narakasura's palace, where she was taken, she was told by the other women how she didn't know the power of Narakasura, and she retorted that they don't know the power of Krishna.  She talked to them about a woman's honor being more important than her life, and the women told her about how he had defiled them.  Satyabhama told them that Narakasura was the sinner, not them 👏

I now completely love this Satyabhama - I don't know how out of character this one is, but I'm sure loving it!!!  Tomorrow, hopefully, Satyabhama gets back to Krishna so that one of them can kill Narakasura!!!
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
i so wish they picked some good actor for the role of satyabhama otherwise therez no fault with the character depiction 👍🏼 the effort shows, how much she tries to say those lengthy dialogues which consists of difficult words 🤢 which she;s not able to pronounce..not even one...

i guessed it right ke narka will kidnap satya and go latoo over her 😆 otherwise his victory was not far away...prolly garuda maharaj will help satya and she will reach the battlefield...krishna was awesome though , his fight with mura was okay 👍🏼 the special effects were also good...in this serial, unlike the original ramayan and mahabharat, they r not showing fights properly..we don't know why the demons r so powerful and the drama element is missing...like mura must be a very strong opponent coz Krishna got one of his names "murari" when he defeated mura..but here, he was killed like any other demon (those vampire ones) and nobody thanked God 😕😆 like Indra/Brahma for freeing goddess Earth frm Mura (like they did in ramayan) ..it's not imp. but we get a mythological feel by it...narka is one brainless guy, usko bas ha ha ha ha karna hai...🤢 
Vr15h thumbnail
As Chemestry noted in the update thread, today they finally showed all the 16,000 women: earlier, it just looked like a handful. 😆 Showing so many balconies on many levels each filled w/ women managed to convey that effect.

One major inaccuracy here (like in the AS Ramayan) - Naraka threatening to marry Satyabhama after killing Krishna.  In the original, he never even married those 16,100 women (he did have one or more wives, though, since Bhagadatta was his son and successor), so why would he marry Satyabhama.  All he would do, as he threatened, would be to use her and then kill her after he was done 😡  So given that, why bother showing him as threatening to marry her (since this abduction track is totally fictional).  Even in the AS Ramayan, they had Ravan try to marry Sita when Kumbhakarna woke on his regular schedule, but that didn't work out.
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Nice topic!

Hmm, I wanted to have a say something on this topic. A lot has already been said though.😳 Well, Rukmini has been shown as someone who just doesn't have faith in Krishna's abilities There are always signs of worries on her face😲 I wished the Sagars had shown her just like Sita in ASR had full confidence in Ram & his strength except for the track before her abduction by Ravan for which I won't blame her at all. Rukmini being the avatar of Laxmi should have been shown strong & be the one who actually never doubts Krishna's strength. The Sagars are definitely at fault for potraying her character like this👎🏼

As nothing much has been showed about Jambvanti, I won't comment on her.

I've always wanted to comment on Satyabhama & the actress, but I wanted to watch some more episodes before giving out my opinion. So here I am. I don't want to mention about her costumes as that's the costume department's job😆 The Sagars have portrayed her character as a very childish, immature, rich & spoilt brat😲 The choice of words are so sharp at times that it becomes unbearable to listen I wonder who wrote those dialogues for her...😉 LOL!😆

Talking about the actress who's enacting the role, well I do agree that a better actress could have been taken in her place but I won't categorize her as a completely bad actress Sometimes it's not possible to get experienced actors for roles that are not lengthy. Anyway, after watching her since her introduction scene till yesterday, I've arrived to the conclusion that she needs time to learn but she can do it😎 Even Priya had problems with her diction though being an experienced actress so as it seems the actress playing Satyabhama is new, maybe we'll just need to be a bit more patient with her😳 But I think I've seen her somewhere or she just resembles another model or actress😕

She seems to rush up her dialogue delivery speed; as a result she ends up screwing up her pronunciation & facial expressionsThis happens especially in those scenes where she is with Krishna She talks & behaves like a kid. I strongly feel that her fast dialogue delivery is the root cause of the problem here. She needs to slow down the pace of her dialogue delivery, soften the pitch of her voice & also mellow down her facial expressions. If she considers these things then I guess it can prevent her from screwing up her diction plus it will provide some divinity in her looks

Talking about her good qualities, I feel she's great in scenes where she needs to depict anger & strength👍🏼 Whether it was during the sword fighting scene with Agnasuri or with Moor, she had the perfect expressions of anger & brave attitude in her eyes & face which was definitely required while doing those particular scenes👏 She was also very good during the confrontation with Narkasur. But for such kind of scenes she needs to make her voice a bit firm & louder😊 It will provide more authenticity.

I saw some improvement in her dialogue delivery in the scene where she was motivating the other captive women to fight for themselves. Here again the actress had the correct expressions on her face & in her eyes

During the scene where she is praying to Krishna to come & save her, there is some slight improvement & some softness in her voice & attitude but she needs to mellow down a bit more during such kind of scenes😳 I think she was quite good in the confrontation scene with Bhoomi Devi😊 

The actress playing Satyabhama seems to be a very good choice for warrior kind of roles👍🏼 as she has the correct expressions plus brave attitude & confidence in her eyes & face for such scenes but she needs to work on her dialogue delivery speed & facial expressions when she's not involved in a war scene😊 The Sagars should guide her so that she can improve her shortcomings. Replacing an actor can never be a better solution in my POV I'm sure she can improve, if she works harder😳

Well if after showing only 3 principle wives of Krishna, if they jump to the 16,100 wives then when will they show the other 5 wives. Is it going to be a flashback😕 I hope the Sagars cover all the aspects of Krishna's life😕

However that doesn't mean I'm not waiting to see his love life. I'm more interested in war sequences😍

Vr15h thumbnail
Comments inline

Originally posted by: vik rocks

Nice topic!

Hmm, I wanted to have a say something on this topic. A lot has already been said though.😳 Well, Rukmini has been shown as someone who just doesn't have faith in Krishna's abilities There are always signs of worries on her face😲 I wished the Sagars had shown her just like Sita in ASR had full confidence in Ram & his strength except for the track before her abduction by Ravan for which I won't blame her at all. Rukmini being the avatar of Laxmi should have been shown strong & be the one who actually never doubts Krishna's strength. The Sagars are definitely at fault for potraying her character like this👎🏼

Yeah, and unlike Sita, she'd not have had to do anything extraordinary to show such devotion.  There was no vanvas, no agni-praveshnas, nothing even remotely comparable.  Had she simply been gentle and confident that nothing could ever happen to Krishna, she'd have been fine.  I do blame the Sagars here more for introducing all those stupid apshakuns, although I do somewhat fault her for not knowing how husbands were addressed. 

As nothing much has been showed about Jambvanti, I won't comment on her.

Yeah, that was a pure cameo appearance, and unless they show Samba later and her appear w/ him, I think her role may be done 

I've always wanted to comment on Satyabhama & the actress, but I wanted to watch some more episodes before giving out my opinion. So here I am. I don't want to mention about her costumes as that's the costume department's job😆 The Sagars have portrayed her character as a very childish, immature, rich & spoilt brat😲 The choice of words are so sharp at times that it becomes unbearable to listen I wonder who wrote those dialogues for her...😉 LOL!😆

Yeah, from where did that idea come that she'd be so immature and spoilt?  And showing her as being downright disrespectful towards Krishna normally, and suddenly worshipping him when she's Naraka's captive, makes her look like just an ordinary woman.  Such a character couldn't have been Krishna's favorite wife out of his 8.

Talking about the actress who's enacting the role, well I do agree that a better actress could have been taken in her place but I won't categorize her as a completely bad actress Sometimes it's not possible to get experienced actors for roles that are not lengthy. Anyway, after watching her since her introduction scene till yesterday, I've arrived to the conclusion that she needs time to learn but she can do it😎 Even Priya had problems with her diction though being an experienced actress so as it seems the actress playing Satyabhama is new, maybe we'll just need to be a bit more patient with her😳 But I think I've seen her somewhere or she just resembles another model or actress😕

But hers ain't a cameo appearance, and there are a lot of idle experienced actresses who could have spent a month in Baroda for this role.  As it is, in this serial, everybody's appearance, except Krishna's, and later Arjun's appearance will be cameo.  Also, there are a lot of appropriate actresses in Sagar Arts who participate in Shani Dev who could have been used, particularly for such brief stints.

But I don't think any experienced actress is called for here - I think that actresses familiar w/ the language and mannerism of the story are who should be engaged, and amongst TV actresses, there seems to be quite a handful.  It's not like we necessarily want a major big name, such as Debina.

She seems to rush up her dialogue delivery speed; as a result she ends up screwing up her pronunciation & facial expressionsThis happens especially in those scenes where she is with Krishna She talks & behaves like a kid. I strongly feel that her fast dialogue delivery is the root cause of the problem here. She needs to slow down the pace of her dialogue delivery, soften the pitch of her voice & also mellow down her facial expressions. If she considers these things then I guess it can prevent her from screwing up her diction plus it will provide some divinity in her looks

The actress herself - how old is she?  19?  Previously, I never thought that those who play these roles need to be familiar w/ these stories and of a similar temparament, but after seeing Priya in this serial, I've changed my mind.  I think she has been miscast - had she been given a role like Uttara or Usha later, it would have fitted her better.  Satyabhama was a far more mature woman, despite the Tulabharam incident.

Talking about her good qualities, I feel she's great in scenes where she needs to depict anger & strength👍🏼 Whether it was during the sword fighting scene with Agnasuri or with Mura, she had the perfect expressions of anger & brave attitude in her eyes & face which was definitely required while doing those particular scenes👏 She was also very good during the confrontation with Narkasur. But for such kind of scenes she needs to make her voice a bit firm & louder😊 It will provide more authenticity.

For these scenes - when she was defiant and fighting Agnisuri and Mura, she did great, and yeah, being louder would have helped.  While these dialogs were fictitious as well, they were at least a lot more consistent w/ things either Krishna or Satyabhama would have said.  One thing I'd note about the serial - it's improved a lot.  In week one, they looked totally clueless about why Krishna fled first from Kalyavan and later Jarasandha, but in the entire Narakasura stretch has been the turning point, they've done a fantastic job. 👍🏼

I saw some improvement in her dialogue delivery in the scene where she was motivating the other captive women to fight for themselves. Here again the actress had the correct expressions on her face & in her eyes

Yeah, Satyabhama was just awesome in this role 👏 

During the scene where she is praying to Krishna to come & save her, there is some slight improvement & some softness in her voice & attitude but she needs to mellow down a bit more during such kind of scenes😳 I think she was quite good in the confrontation scene with Bhoomi Devi😊 

The actress playing Satyabhama seems to be a very good choice for warrior kind of roles👍🏼 as she has the correct expressions plus brave attitude & confidence in her eyes & face for such scenes but she needs to work on her dialogue delivery speed & facial expressions when she's not involved in a war scene😊 The Sagars should guide her so that she can improve her shortcomings. Replacing an actor can never be a better solution in my POV I'm sure she can improve, if she works harder😳

I think the actress is probably more well equiped than the Sagars, who seemed to be @ sea w/ this story, given their choices of costumes, dialogs, events and a whole lot more.   Honestly, I've not seen a good Sagar Pictures serial, and the fact that this one is so far the best ought to say a lot about them.

Well if after showing only 3 principle wives of Krishna, if they jump to the 16,100 wives then when will they show the other 5 wives. Is it going to be a flashback😕 I hope the Sagars cover all the aspects of Krishna's life😕

I doubt that they're going to show the other 5 - Kalindi, Satya, Bhadra, Mitravindya and Lakshmanaa - either they themselves don't know the stories, or they consciously decided to skip them.  The other 5, along w/ RJS, were Krishna's principal wives, and the other 16,100 were given this wife status, along w/ sons and daughters, so that their honor would be redeemed.  The reason those 8 were principal wives was that theirs were arranged marriages w/ Krishna, and preceded these 16,100.

But if they show Krishna marrying those 5 after, it negates them being principal wives, and worse, would depict Krishna having an insatiable appetite for wives similar to Narakasura, so I at this point do not want them to show that.  Also, there were 16,100 women, but in all the dialogs, the only mention made is of 16,000 women.  Anyway, if you're talking 16,000 wives, I guess 100 wives is within margin of error 😈😆

As a result, Sagar Pictures has reduced Krishna's total number of wives from 16,108 to 16,003 (assuming that they show him marrying them)

However that doesn't mean I'm not waiting to see his love life. I'm more interested in war sequences😍

These all are discussed in this thread: 😊

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Well yes I also agree with all that has been said. Neither the Sremadbhagwad Mahapuran nor the Mahabharat talk of ant rivalry between the wives of Lord Krishna

How do you get the Lord , you get him after many lives of good conduct devotion and prayers

How can these women who have got the Lord and are so near to him behave like normal humans harboring jealousy.

I did not like the " Rukmini must be crying dialogue" Does not suite a wife of Krishna

Amd also when Satyabhama falls at his feet why did they spoil it with the gialogue that it was a bhram. Well according to the Lord everything is bhram only. But if he was showing her his divinity he should have given a proper lesson  in it

I agree that Sataybhama had a false belief that she was the most beloved. (In Lords eye all the beloved and no one is most) Thus was proudi due to it but not jealous. After the darp bhang story she was cleansed of that feeling also

I also agree with Vrish on the Kanha thing, Satyabhama is not Yashoda Mayyiya and Keishna stopped being Kanha after he left Gokul

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: _Vrish_

Comments inline

They should show the other 5 wives. All of them had a story

Kalindi was doing Tapas on the banks of Yamuna. Mitravinda had a swamvar like Draupadi, Other two also had stories which should be told

Vr15h thumbnail
One more reason they should have shown the other 5 marriages, aside from completion, was the fact that Arjun actively helped Krishna in 3 of them.  That would have been a good way to phase in the Pandavas.

We discussed the other wives a bit in the EDT.  Mitravindya wasn't the one who had a swayamvar like Draupadi - Lakshmanaa did.  Mitravindya was abducted like Rukmini was, w/ her consent but against that of her brothers Vinda and Anuvinda, who ruled Avanti.  Where Balarama in the Rukmini case prevented Jarasandha, Sishupala, Shalva, Dantavatra, Paundra and other allies from capturing her, in this case, Arjun was the one who kept Krishna's enemies @ bay and saw to it that Krishna got to Dwarka safely w/ Mitravindya.

But at this point, I'm against them showing the other 5 wives.  If, after 16,003 wives (as per the serial count), Krishna is still shown marrying, it'll seem like he had an insatiable hunger for wives.  When he was just married to 8 wives, that wasn't so bad, but now, after so many wives, if he keeps taking more, it'll just look pretty awful.

One more comment about Priya that I forgot to mention in Vik's post.  Rukmini'll have one major chapter left - when she gives birth to Pradhyumna.  Since Pradhyumna is kidnapped and returns to her much later, they'll probably show her grieving for her lost baby.  There are a lot of things they could do here - like bring Devaki back to console & comfort her, show her having faith in Krishna's assurances that she'll get back her son, praying for her son's well being, and finally, welcoming Pradhyumna and her bahu Mayavati back home.  I hope they do this accurately, and don't spoil it like they did the Syamantaka gem - the initial episodes.