Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
love has, according to me, no gender. it just happens for whatever reasons. each of us have both male and feminine qualities. lord shiva himself is portrayed as ardha narieshwar. arjuna lived one year of his exile as a female eunach. it is an individual choice as to who you want to sleep with.

sowmyaa, what is a society? you and i we form the society. the preschoolers can hardly ask questions about same sex marriages. and at a later stage education can help them. i am neither for it or against. i adopt a live and let live attitude when it comes to this.

sowmyaa i quote you "If they legalize Gay/Lesb. Marriages all kids will be brought up with the idea of relation being okay and sometime kids do get tempted to try out new things."

sowmyaa kids get tempted any which way. the more they see things on the tele and internet and the newspapers the more knowledge they seek. if you kept it a secret, they will venture to find out. if you educate them they will decide for themselves. we all fall before we learn to run. the kids of today are smart and intelligent. give them room to realise what they want and stand by them when they change their minds before condemning them for their mistakes.

in every relationship what is need is not approval but acceptance!
Rindam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Honestly, when one is genetically predisposed to having such feelings one cannot stop them and shouldnt. But I have heard of instances when people have same sex partners because of confusion and not physical need or attraction. I cannot convince myself to support this.

sowmyaa thumbnail
[QUOTE=jasunap] love has, according to me, no gender. it just happens for whatever reasons.
I agree, and they can always be in love and no one can stop them. I am not arguing against them loving each other.

sowmyaa, what is a society? you and i we form the society.
Exactly, people like you and me are society. And therefore it's just not something that affect individual. The decision made by law affects all of us. And there are norms made by people like you and me to have general set of rules and living style.
the preschoolers can hardly ask questions about same sex marriages.
Trust me, you don't want to under estimate pre-schoolers. They are very very observant. I have a pre-schooler at home and she does amaze me with her diff. questions. Like other day she was asking me why does only girl has long hair and why can't boys have long hair. I said no some boys also have long hair and she said why not all boys and it can go on and on and on. I won't be amazed if she comes and ask me why my class mate has 2 dad and I only have 1 dad.
and at a later stage education can help them. i am neither for it or against. i adopt a live and let live attitude when it comes to this.

Yes, educating at later stage is very good idea. But educating when they cannot digest that view is very dangerous.

sowmyaa i quote you "If they legalize Gay/Lesb. Marriages all kids will be brought up with the idea of relation being okay and sometime kids do get tempted to try out new things."

sowmyaa kids get tempted any which way. the more they see things on the tele and internet and the newspapers the more knowledge they seek. if you kept it a secret, they will venture to find out.
This is not a reason to add one more reason for them to get tempted to try out different things. Also, surfing, newspaper and television age does not include elementry and pre-school age. And when they are old enough to surf internet, read newspaper that's the time to educate them and expose them with gay/lesbian vocabulary.
if you educate them they will decide for themselves. we all fall before we learn to run. the kids of today are smart and intelligent.
Yes, kids today are smart and intelligent and that could be scary at times. If you have intelligence and smartness but no vision or someone to show you right direction it could be waste of your intellegence. About falling before we learn to run..i would believe, that "you don't need to ALWAYS learn "hard way".. you can also learn from someone else's experience or someone can direct you to write path...you dont always have to learn it hard way.
give them room to realise what they want and stand by them when they change their minds before condemning them for their mistakes.
To be frank I do believe that during certain age they should NOT be given room to make decision for some serious issues that could drive their whole life.
Edited by sowmyaa - 18 years ago
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Soumya i agree with you to only the extent that pre- schoolers ask a lot of questions . Since i briefly taught pre schoolers i am know so . Also as i mentioned in Gay education in schools where i watched a program where young kids - 5- 8 were being taught that there are often 2 daddies and 2 momies in a household instead of one daddy and one Mommy . Kids were full of questions .

But i seem to understand you are worrying that if kids that age start asking questions about the neighbour boy having 2 daddies in the house . What if they do ????? They are at a impressionable age where they can be explained that some households do have 2 daddies or 2 Mommies .....insteead one of each . This is the best age to catch all biases by their root and get rid of them !!! That age kids aren't clear about what does mommy and daddy do in the privacy of the bedroom. So the sexual aspect need not be covered at all in that age group .

Also there learning about Gay relationships doesnot mean they will grow up to have sexual urges towards their own sex !! I don't think thats an issue for you to worry about . Just because its been told that there is nothing wrong about being Gay or a Lesbian doesnot mean every adolscent will want to experiment with homosexuality and become a homo sexual .

Lastly i want to say since Gay - Lesbian marriages are not threatening straight or Hetro marriages , HOW IS IT HARMING ANY ONE IF TWO PEOPLE OF THE SAME SEX WANT TO ENTER INTO A UNION - THATS MARRIAGE ?????
Rindam thumbnail
Aparna, I respect your viewpoint but I am somehow not convinced. Young children, teens and older people can all be confused about this, on various levels. I still am.

I have not seen any scientifically valid proof that among the world populace, the number of gay and lesbian folks who are genetically predisposed to be gay, are significantly larger than the rest. And therefore according to me they form the exception to the scientific rule.

Exceptions prove the rule- and therefore I would like to be able to teach my child the rule first to undertstand the exception. If they are an exception then well the rule doesnt work for them.

We can encourage acceptance and promote healthy understanding that such couples exist and that there is nothing wrong to have such a be part of such a family. However I cannot seem to convince myself that it is a typical phenomenon and therefore unable to convince anyone else of the same. It is not a typical animal reaction to have sex among the same sex, this is not scientifically proven otherwise yet.

And I do know of people who have tried to convince themselves they are gay when they are actually not. Many times it is a mental thing.

I would want my children to be understanding enough of such families however also understand that this is not common practice.

SuperDuper01 thumbnail
Being a Muslim diz thing iz not allowed in our religion so am against it........thats it
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

Vinu read carefully , one topic is about teaching about gays in school , this topic is gay marriages . Can't you see the difference ?

Human never born as gay or les, sometime they may be attracted each other for time pass sometime something happan but marriage huh😡 Its against the natural law, and if they marry its not long running relationship. give them good physiatrst treatment and after they not come in then correct path...then  chooodoo😆 let them free... ðŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Believe - 18 years ago
mist thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

Human never born as gay or les, sometime they may be attracted each other for time pass sometime something happan but marriage huh😡 Its against the natural law, and if they marry its not long running relationship.

It is against what might have been the natural law once upon a time. I believe, religion, society and naturally the laws that govern the two should evolve with time. Our society is now coloured with these shades of human relationships because we as a species have evolved and the range and nature of human relationships is getting wider and more complex. We cannot straight jacket it into a model that abides by rules of a society that understands only 'family', 'parents' 'husband'. society has to evolve, religion has to evolve, to accept us - as we are today. Slowly and painfully - but surely.

And who else is better equipped to bring the winds of change- than us. Our generation  which has made peace with this; we who modernistic in our views, tolerant in attitudes.

So when the pre schoolers want to know why the kid has two daddys.. tell your child it is perfectly normal. Tell him some families are different and that is is acceptable. Let it him know that it is not a big deal.

indiaforums1234 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

Human never born as gay or les, sometime they may be attracted each other for time pass sometime something happan but marriage huh😡 Its against the natural law, and if they marry its not long running relationship. give them good physiatrst treatment and after they not come in then correct path...then  chooodoo😆 let them free... ðŸ˜ƒ

Even today's psychiatrists have realized the fact that homosexuals are not "crazy" people, which is why they have removed homosexuality from the list of psychological disorders. Now, on what grounds are you suggesting psychiatric treatment for them?

Whether homosexuality is innate or not that is still under research. I have some friends who are homosexuals and as far as they know they have always been attracted to their own sex. As a matter of fact, most homosexuals will have the same answer. For them it is as if they were born with it. Many of them even have tried to change themselves but failed. Even then if you say that it was their choice, then my question is why would so many of them choose to become somebody that the whole world disapproves of? Something to think about!

Natural law? What natural law are you talking about?
A long running relationship? Are non-homosexuals able to keep long-term relationshiphs? I would say NO! Just look at the divorce rates.
Edited by indiaforums1234 - 18 years ago
indiaforums1234 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rindam

We can encourage acceptance and promote healthy understanding that such couples exist and that there is nothing wrong to have such a be part of such a family. However I cannot seem to convince myself that it is a typical phenomenon and therefore unable to convince anyone else of the same. It is not a typical animal reaction to have sex among the same sex, this is not scientifically proven otherwise yet.

Human sexuality is still a mystery to science. A lot has been learned, but a whole lot is still hidden. You might say that it is not a typical reaction, however, same-sex attraction has been documented in animals that are far-less social and intelligent than humans.