Rajeev Masand: No One Wants to Act Opposite her!

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Rajeev Masand: No One Wants to Act Opposite her

No One Wants to Act Opposite Her

She was a popular leading lady not so long ago, even if her acting skills weren't much to speak of. She had films opposite every top Khan; she worked regularly with the Chopras and Johars, and the media loved her. Until it all suddenly went south. Practically overnight, the offers stopped coming. She became yesterday's news.

Didn't help that she took off to the US to pursue everything from short-term business courses to new boyfriends, while her career was folding up back home. On her return, she found that nobody wanted to hire her anymore. Younger, better actresses had shown up, and her place in the sun was gone.

Now it appears that with great difficulty the actress has succeeded in finding a financier who's agreed to bankroll a new film that she is set to produce with herself in the lead. Since no A-list director will work with her, she's roped in a talentless hack whose first film was a box-office disaster. It appears that the romantic comedy will be filmed in Europe, and while pre-production is complete, the actress and her director friend are now struggling to cast a male lead.

Turns out the younger lot has no interest in being cast opposite 'an older' actress, and the Khans she once did successful films with have moved on to working with younger heroines. Nobody will say 'yes.' As the start date on filming draws scarily close, the actress is still reportedly scrambling for a half-popular star to take the lead opposite her. Industry insiders are whispering that it's going to be hard for her to make any sort of impactful comeback, given that her looks have begun to betray her too. All that Botox has made it hard to tell if she's genuinely excited about something, or those arched eyebrows are just frozen permanently.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hmmm...Preity Zinta?😕  Maddy, batao na!
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Sounds like Preity with that Paris movie

fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
The first name that came to me when i read this was Preity Zinta.
.Alluring. thumbnail
definitely preity zinta 
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yikes. She has Ishq in Paris and Jai Ramji in her bag. And that's about it.
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Preity zinta and the film is Ishq in Paris.
Chatoyant. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I really like Preity Zinta on screen! It's quite sad that no one wants to work with her... I guess that's how bollywood functions though. Hope her upcoming movies do well for her.
Definitely Priety Zinta. All those botox clues give it off.. Plus she had gone for studying some business course in Harvard.  She is producing 'Ishq in Paris' to be directed by Prem Soni, the guy who made 'Mr and Mrs Khanna'...

Originally posted by: IHeartDeepika

Rajeev Masand: No One Wants to Act Opposite her ðŸ˜¡

No One Wants to Act Opposite Her DAMN DAMN DAMN TURCOTTE!

She was a popular leading lady not so long ago, even if her acting skills weren't much to speak of no? i found her pretty great in movies like kal ho na ho and salaam namaste and kya kehna etc...hmmm poor masand infected with the turcotte bacteria? She had films opposite every top Khan; she worked regularly with the Chopras and Johars, and the media loved her. Until it all suddenly went south. Practically overnight, the offers stopped coming. She became yesterday's news. damn turcotte!

Didn't help that she took off to the US to pursue everything from short-term business courses no that was a good decision...nice to know there is an actress who likes to do more than just shake her hips to katrina ki nakli jawani to new boyfriends well what was she supposed to do? not everybody is an user by nature, while her career was folding up back home to hell with turcotte. On her return, she found that nobody wanted to hire her anymore. Younger, better actresses hell no how is turcotte better than preity??? had shown up, and her place in the sun was gone.

Now it appears that with great difficulty the actress has succeeded in finding a financier who's agreed to bankroll a new film that she is set to produce with herself in the lead 😭 poor preity she should just forget about movies why would she want to be in the same field as turcotte? she has a criminal psychology degree right? do something with that preity!. Since no A-list director will work with her, she's roped in a talentless hack whose first film was a box-office disaster. It appears that the romantic comedy will be filmed in Europe, and while pre-production is complete, the actress and her director friend are now struggling to cast a male lead.

Turns out the younger lot has no interest in being cast opposite 'an older' actress, and the Khans she once did successful films with have moved on to working with younger heroines. Nobody will say 'yes.' As the start date on filming draws scarily close, the actress is still reportedly scrambling for a half-popular star to take the lead opposite her. Industry insiders are whispering that it's going to be hard for her to make any sort of impactful comeback, given that her looks have begun to betray her too. All that Botox has made it hard to tell if she's genuinely excited about something, or those arched eyebrows are just frozen permanently give me a break!!! they all have done something! like turcotte's cheeks and lips are 100% real.

It's definitely preity he's talking about...damn Turcotte IT'S ALL HER FAULT! It'n not just preity that got ousted since her o so gracefull arrival on sallu's shoulders! it's urmila, rani, kajol and even madhuri (who has seen aaja nachle???) and now poor karishma is making a comeback but i have a feeling it won't work cuz of india''s love and mine hate obsession with freaking turcotte. However see bold quote!
Edited by priyazinta - 12 years ago