Closer - New AR fic l prologue

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello guys. I'm here with another fic, and yet again, without any guarantee of completion ๐Ÿ˜† I know I'm a total jerk. But once I lose inspiration, I find it impossible to continue writing the same fic. BUT I will complete this one. Or I hope I will. 

This is not a complex story. It's about two college freshers - Armaan and Ridhima, and how they come close in an environment like this. If you know me, you will also know that this will not have any mush and/or indications of eternal love. 

P.S - I imagine Kash. You're free to imagine whoever. even yourself :p

/Crap ๐Ÿ˜†

Prologue

Ridhima parked her car in the parking area of the college, scooped up her bag from the passenger seat and stepped out of her car. The whole area was jammed with cars, some already parked and other coming in. Students were wandering around, both nervous and excited for their first day, speaking to everyone and anyone. Ridhima decided to bypass the small talk. She adjusted the sling of her bag on her shoulder and started walking towards the main gate.

She was a fresher at Hindu College, Delhi University, and was here to do English honors. It hadn't been easy though, to convince her parents. They were dead set on B.Com honors. Then C.A, then law yada yada yada. The drill that had been beaten to death by lakhs of other students already. She wanted to be a journalist for a while, and then switch to full time writing, i.e, novelist. Like every other set of Indian parents, her parents too, were anxious, paranoid, doubtful and every single synonym that can be associated with the word 'doubtful'. But she had won in the end. Giving up her passion was something that she just couldn't do.

So with the green signal from her parents and a decent CATE score, she had managed to secure a seat in Hindu. 

Most of the freshers seemed to have bonded with each other quite well already, from what she saw. Some of the girls were talking quite animatedly about their admission process and how badly it tanned them. A few boys were making jokes about some of the girls who had dressed skimpily. Ridhima seemed to be friendless. She attributed it to her lack of social skills. She ignored that thought for the moment and walked towards the main bulletin board where all the new important notices had been put up. There was an orientation session for all freshers in the seminar hall. 

Now where the hell was the seminar hall? I guess they assumed that the ever courteous seniors would help us out. She looked around. A lot of seniors were walking around but seemed to be minding their own business. The strict anti-ragging rules might have made the freshers happy, but on the other hand have also made the seniors resentful and cranky. They expressed their anger by being indifferent towards the newbies. 

By the time she snapped out of her reverie, a few more students were already standing around her. She decided to ask the guy standing next to her.

"Um, excuse me. Do you have any idea where the seminar hall is?"

The guy turned to look at her. He gave her a blank expression, then said, "Yes, I think it's somewhere in this college"

And then started grinning like a wacko chipmunk. Behind him, a couple of more freshers started grinning. Ridhima assumed he had already made quite a mark in the college. She could sense a future I-am-Mr.popular-an-arrogant-ass in him. She was angry, oh yes, but she knew how to channel it well.

"Okay, which part do you think we should start looking from? Because clearly, neither you nor your pals know where it is", she replied while maintaining eye contact.

His grin paled a bit, but he quickly replied, "I have other means to find out"

Before she could say anything, they heard an announcement, "All freshers, please head to the seminar hall, first room on the right in the administrative block"

"Guess you won't be needing your 'other means' anymore", said Ridhima quickly, just to be the one to have the last word in their argument, and started walking away. 

Armaan looked at her retreating figure and hoped that they would meet again, soon.

So guys, how was it? Did you like it? or not? Honest feedback please!

I'm Neeta/Neetz btw ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by heroin. - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Everyone who wants to receive a PM, like this post. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Also preferably send me a friend request.  Edited by heroin. - 12 years ago
Stupidcupid1234 thumbnail
Update soon
N add me if u hav a pm list
KaSh-Maneet-Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hiii
awesome start
loved it
interesting concept
loved da first AR fight
cant wait 4 more
con soon
thanks 4 da pm
plz do add me 2 da pm list
thanksss
Edited by KaSh-Maneet-Fan - 12 years ago
fri42911 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
awesome Prologue!!!
please update soon and pm me when you do.

Norz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
nice start
thanxs 4 the pm
n
do upadte soon
noseasync thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
lovely prologue neetz di๐Ÿ˜ณcant wait to see how their next meeting will turn up!continue soon๐Ÿ˜ณ
araja1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Looks interesting. Waiting to read more
fatzfathi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
intro is interestin..continue soon plss..๐Ÿ˜Š
BebaakBegum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
K first i have a ques