Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: _Vrish_

The serial, from the trailer above, looks like it'll show Krishna's role in the Kurukshetra war as well.  I was surprised that they've already shot Bhima's battle w/ Duryodhan - if they haven't, how do they show Krishna signaling the thighs to Bhima?  Then they show him delivering the Gita.

I didn't like the depiction of the characters - looked to much like KMHK.  Was it just me, or did anyone else think the Bhima here had a beard?  And the mace that Jarasandha/Sishupala had looked too comical 🤣  This reminded me of how Lavanasura was depicted in the AS Ramayan.  Somehow, I'm not liking what looks to be the make-up of the cast - looks like it's a Parthian rendering of the epic.  In other words, the problem is not so much the actors (although the casting seems to be horrible), as much as the depiction assigned to them.  Priya looks too tall to be a Rukmini.

I think the serial would do well to start w/ Krishna killing Kamsa, and go from there.

Krishna killing Kamsa would be a good place to begin, because JSK ended somewhere around there (they showed Krishna's Gurukul shiksha and Uddhav, but that's it), and showing all the beginning stuff would take too long since Krishna did a lot of Leelas when he was young.

I also didn't like the costumes and get-ups of the characters, they looked foreign and KHMK-like...I hope they actually improve when they air the epis. And yup, Bhima did have a beard...and it was weird beard too.😕😆

Btw, thanks a lot for using my old sig...I totally forgot all about it.😳😳😳
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Did they show Sudama on JSK?  If they start w/ the killing of Kamsa, they might have to re-do Krishna's Gurukul shiksha, along w/ the Sudama episodes.  Even if they don't change Rukmini, I do hope they pick better actresses for his other wives.

You had multiple versions of that siggie on pg 43 of the Ramayan forum, but the others were deleted by Tinypic, and this was the only surviving one.  Do you have the others anywhere else that you can upload on Photobucket or anywhere else?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Did they show Sudama on JSK?  If they start w/ the killing of Kamsa, they might have to re-do Krishna's Gurukul shiksha, along w/ the Sudama episodes.  Even if they don't change Rukmini, I do hope they pick better actresses for his other wives.

You had multiple versions of that siggie on pg 43 of the Ramayan forum, but the others were deleted by Tinypic, and this was the only surviving one.  Do you have the others anywhere else that you can upload on Photobucket or anywhere else?

I don't know, because I never saw the post-Kans Vadh episodes of JSK...perhaps Aishu or Parina know? All I know is that Colors forced them to shut down the show while they were showing Uddhav, so even if they were planning to show adult Krishna, they could not. I also hope they choose better actresses for his other wives, especially Satyabhama and Jambavathi since they have more of a role than others.

No, I don't have any of my old sigs saved...but if you want, I can make you a new one with the same pics.
Vr15h thumbnail
Naah, this one was fine - it's just that you had made some less bright versions of it, which is what I wanted to use.  But it's perfect for now.

I think someone should make a serial for Star Utsav, instead of those poor saps showing some 30 year old versions of Ramayan, Mahabharat, Shri Krishna, et al.
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Yes they showed Sudama. JSK ended soon after Shri Krishna-Balram education was completed. I dont like the promo of Dwarikadheesh..am still hoping it would be good as most Sagar serials are nice.
Vr15h thumbnail
What does deesh mean in Dwarikadeesh?
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

What does deesh mean in Dwarikadeesh?

I dont know what "deesh"means..I will look it up but Dwarikadheesh means Lord of Dwarika
Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Aradhana87

I dont know what "deesh"means..I will look it up but Dwarikadheesh means Lord of Dwarika

Dwarka-Adhi-Ish

Adhi = Sovereign as in AdhiPati or Adhiraj
Ish = Ishwar = Lord

By the way why does Vaishnavas call Krishna Dwarkadhish? He was never the King of Dwarka. He was an adviser and Prince at the Kings court. Its true that he proposed the idea of the city, but literally, Ugrasen followed by Vasudev followed by Balram should be Dwarkadhish, not Krishna. I don't remember Mahabharat mentioning this title. Its only Puranic texts that do so. Strange.😕
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Darklord_Rehan

Dwarka-Adhi-Ish

Adhi = Sovereign as in AdhiPati or Adhiraj
Ish = Ishwar = Lord

By the way why does Vaishnavas call Krishna Dwarkadhish? He was never the King of Dwarka. He was an adviser and Prince at the Kings court. Its true that he proposed the idea of the city, but literally, Ugrasen followed by Vasudev followed by Balram should be Dwarkadhish, not Krishna. I don't remember Mahabharat mentioning this title. Its only Puranic texts that do so. Strange.😕

Vaishnavas believe that Krishna was the King of Dwarika, not Balram, because he was the avatar of Vishnu and Balram refused to sit on the throne since he, an avatar of Sesh Naag, is always the servant and devotee of Vishnu, regardless of the fact whether he is elder or younger to Vishnu's avatar as a human.

I think Shrimad Bhagawat Mahapuraan has this too, Krishna being Dwarikadeesh and not Balram, or maybe they were both Dwarikadeesh.

Speaking of which...has anyone seen this new show yet? Is it any good?
Vr15h thumbnail
Rehan

Thanks for the broken down translation.

You are right - Krishna was never the king of Dwaraka - Ugrasena was succeeded not by Vasudev or Balaram or Krishna or Pradhyumna or Anirudha, but Vajra.  Yeah, Krishna was the de-facto power - any decision that he made about Dwaraka policies were what stood.  But he was by no means the king.

After the carnage in Dwaraka that killed Pradhyumna, Samba, Anirudha, and all else, Krishna asked Vasudev to take care of the women & kids and hand them over to Arjun once he arrived.  After Arjun's arrival, Vasudev died that night, and the next day, Arjun performed his funeral.  It's somewhat unclear of whether Ugrasena himself was killed in that fracticide, or whether he, like Vasudev, died after Arjun's arrival.

I thought it sad that Anirudha too died - he was Parikshit's 2nd cousin and generational equivalent, and should have survived and led his people back to Mathura.  Again, some accounts have Arjun crowning Vajra in Indraprastha, but others have him being crowned in Mathura.  Incidentally, I read that some Pandava successors did transfer the capital to Indraprasta, and if that was the case, then Vajra must have been crowned in Mathura, not Indraprastha.