Priya Bhatija to play Rukmini in Dwarikadeesh

Posted: 12 years ago

Priya Bhatija to essay Rukmini in Imagine's Dwaarkadheesh..

Saturday, June 04, 2011 | 6:43:29 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 17 Comments
Priya Bhatija to essay Rukmini in Imagine's Dwaarkadheesh..

Priya Bhatija will essay the role of Rukmini in Imagine's upcoming historical..

TellyBuzz was the first to report about Imagine's next historical venture after the success of Chandragupta Maurya in Sagar Pictures' Dwaarkadheesh.

Its already out in the media that the chocolate boy Vishal Karwal has grabbed the prized role of Lord Krishna in the show.

We now hear that Priya Bhatija who was last seen in Imagine's Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo as Sudha has been roped in to play the beautiful Rukmini.

A little birdie tells us, "Priya Bhatija has been finalized to essay Rukmini. Dwaarkadheesh will depict the least talked about phase in Krishna's life, that is about the divine love story of Krishna and Rukmini. Vishal Karwal has already shot for the promo which will go on air very soon. Along with Priya, Hemant Chaddha has been finalized to play the role of Balram. Renowned actor Murli Sharma who was last seen in Laagi Tujhse Lagan will play an important cameo".

We tried calling Priya Bhatija, but she remained unavailable.

Murli Sharma on his part told us, "Talks are still on and I can talk about it only after few days. If an interesting cameo comes my way, I usually grab it as that is the least I can do on TV at the moment".

Hemant Chaddha remained unavailable for comment.

The shoot of Dwaarkadheesh will commence from 12th June at Baroda.

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 12 years ago
Here is the first trailer of Dwarikadeesh, guys...what do you guys think of the actors playing Krishna and Rukmini? I'm undecided about them...Vishal as Krishna looks cute, but Priya's face looks too glammed up. She's pretty but doesn't really have the innocence I associate with Rukmini Ma. I'm going to wait till I see the actual episodes though...sometimes, promos glam up the actors more than they really look in the episodes. 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ebIyskU260[/YOUTUBE]
yeah, i saw that too. yeah, i admit, the guy is cute, but seriously, i don't think that he represents Shri Krishna in any way. I mean, he smiles like an innocent little boy. they chose the correct words "chocolate hero" to describe him. He has none of that mischevious charm that Shri Krishna has. You know that side ways grin with that raised eyebrow. I saw that in Meghan, Swapnil, and Nitish and all three portrayed Krishna beautifully.
And Rukhmini, yeah, I get what you mean di. She looks more like a super model than a goddess.
But, I plan to follow this serial daily just in case they show some scenes of JSK as flashbacks, like you said. Maybe (hopefully) they'll make some new ones. They do that in soap operas sometimes, so why not here.
Originally posted by AishuJSKfan

yeah, i saw that too. yeah, i admit, the guy is cute, but seriously, i don't think that he represents Shri Krishna in any way. I mean, he smiles like an innocent little boy. they chose the correct words "chocolate hero" to describe him. He has none of that mischevious charm that Shri Krishna has. You know that side ways grin with that raised eyebrow. I saw that in Meghan, Swapnil, and Nitish and all three portrayed Krishna beautifully.
And Rukhmini, yeah, I get what you mean di. She looks more like a super model than a goddess.
But, I plan to follow this serial daily just in case they show some scenes of JSK as flashbacks, like you said. Maybe (hopefully) they'll make some new ones. They do that in soap operas sometimes, so why not here.

Yeah, in terms of looks he is handsome and distinguished, but he just does not have that Krishna aura from the promo alone...but who knows? Sometimes, promos do no represent the actors fully. I admit, I thought Gurmeet did not look very Ram-ish when I first saw the Ramayan promos, and I even felt Meghan did not look Krishna-ish when I saw the JSK promos, but actually seeing the serials changed my mind. So maybe Vishal will make a good Krishna after we watch a few epis and see him in action.

Priya Bhatija is pretty, maybe she will have great dialogue delivery and the actual episodes will be better than the promo.
Frankly I am not interested in Rukhmini, but the Krishna is horrible. You said it. He looks better as Duryodhan or IMO even Bhim, owing to his muscular yet childish looks. But Krishna!! No damn way.

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 12 years ago
plss dont call an actor absurd, bhaiya, i think that would fall under bashing and it also would hurt fans feelings.😳 i never saw the shri krishna serial by ramanand sagar ji but he is a brilliant director and i respect him a lot as a director because he took his ramayan soo well, i trust that he also took shri krishna equally well. i have only see pictures of sarvadaman banerjee ji and he luked really handsome and perfect for krishna to me. im sure that if i saw shri krishna, i would like and respect him just as much as i respect arun govil ji as shri ram. i know ur a fan of nitish ji because ive seen ur posts before bhaiya, but u dont have to bash sarvadaman ji for that.

and im a huge fan of gurmeet bhaiya as ram, so ill of course have to defend him against ur words.😆 i did not find him a misfit at all, and his ramayan was the first ever mytho show i watched so i had no comparisons to make !! before watching ramayan i always used to read so many ramayan books and my parents and grandparents also used to tell me many stories. we have both valmiki ramayan and ramcharitmanas at home, as well as other sources and folk stories which are really interesting and divine.😍 before watching ramayan serial, bhaiya, i already had an image of shri ram in my mind which had nothing to do with guru bhaiya, it was straight from the books and when i saw ramayan, i felt guru bhaiya was the most perfect choice for ram the sagars could ever chosen !! he was sooo handsome, young, fit, and luked very active and interested in the role. and i luved his characterization too because it was lively and interesting. he was both serene and angry when the situation required it, because u know bhaiya, ram ji was not always peaceful, in the epic he became angry when people did injustice because righteous anger is never wrong, and it was not against ram ji's maryada to show some anger when it was required ! 😳 sita maiya also became angry in the epic, she was not always super soft like people think. valmiki ji describes her krodh very well in the verses of sita haran and also sita ji's stay in lanka. so i luved both ram ji and sita ji's characterization in new ramayan, it was very well written except for a few circumstances !!👏😳

i know that there were a few scenes where ramji was shown too angry, but it was not frequent and i blame that on the directors, not guru bhaiya.😳 he only acted what he was given, and when he was told to act peaceful he luked very peaceful and serene, and when he was told to act angry he luked angry. i did not mind him luking angry when the situations required it, but there were a few scenes that i agree the directors should not have written ramji so angry !😔

i hope we can talk more often bhaiya, ive noticed in ur posts that u have great knowledge about the epics, and i luv talking about ramayan to anyone willing to hear !!😃😆 i also luv shri krishna a lot, but im not very familiar with krishna ji's avatar as i am with ram ji's, so i need to read more on him first.😳
ok...let's not get into a discussion of which actor portrayed a certain character better. Mina's right, that is bashing, and I think that that even goes against the rules of this forum. We, even though we're all mytho fans, have different favorites when it comes to the actors.
I myself am a huge Meghan fan, and always thought he fit the role of Krishna, but that is not necessarily what others think. Mina is a huge Gurmina fan, Rehan a Arun Govil fan, etc. Let's leave it at that.
We were talking about these actors from Dwarkadheesh, were we not?

Ok I won't but I didn't like the way Krishna was portrayed in RS Sri Krishna. Even if I over look the looks, the acting was highly OTT and expressions were over-dramatic. RS Ramayan's acting was superb and precise. But Shri Krishna was overkilled IMO.

Krishna as I understand was an astute politician and shrewd diplomat. He will never smirk all the time meaninglessly or keep on blabbering about his own greatness to every other person. He might crack jokes or be serious or manipulate people or make philosophical remarks. Its really a challenge to portray such a complicated character. Subtlety and calculated expressions are the most requisite factors. But that serial completely lacked both. It was just about singing glories of Krishna with Bhajans and Kirtans in every other scene.

About Gurmeet, aah well I know he has many fans, but trust me, I have seen better Ram. Arun Govil was undoubtedly excellent, but I have also seen the guy who played Ram in Sanjay Khan's Jai Hanumaan and that guy too was quite convincing. Gurmeet's acting didn't appear quite effortless to me. It was like, he was controlling his anger with lot of effort. Its not just about acting, its also a matter of a serene face and eyes. Gurmeet's eyes lack that placidity. Shri Ram was someone who wouldn't have taken offense if anyone had hurled a 1000 abuses on his face and would have even embraced Ravan as a brother if Ravan had apologized at the last moment of the war. So portraying such a character as Angry young man is not quite right.

PS : I haven't called SD Bannerjee as absurd. I called the portrayal of Krishna as absurd and over the top. Anyway, I'll edit lest Lola comes behind me with a danda.
Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

About Gurmeet, aah well I know he has many fans, but trust me, I have seen better Ram. Arun Govil was undoubtedly excellent, but I have also seen the guy who played Ram in Sanjay Khan's Jai Hanumaan and that guy too was quite convincing. Gurmeet's acting didn't appear quite effortless to me. It was like, he was controlling his anger with lot of effort. Its not just about acting, its also a matter of a serene face and eyes. Gurmeet's eyes lack that placidity. Shri Ram was someone who wouldn't have taken offense if anyone had hurled a 1000 abuses on his face and would have even embraced Ravan as a brother if Ravan had apologized at the last moment of the war. So portraying such a character as Angry young man is not quite right.

i have seen sanjay khan's ramji, bhaiya and personally i did not like his portrayal much.😳 he was too dull, not really serene, and he seemed kind of a pushover !! the best ram ji portrayals in my opinion are ramanand sagarji's and anand sagar ji's, i luved how both arun ji and gurmeet ji portrayed ram and i haven't seen anyone else do that well !

i guess it all depends on the way u interpret the actors, i did not feel that guru bhaiya was holding his anger in .. he was a very peaceful ram ji in my opinion and in the lanka scenes where he explains that he would forgive even ravan if he surrendered to him, and he explains why they should send indrajit's body to lanka in dignity instead of mutilating it, he seemed very genuine and serene.👏

i agree very much with u that shri ram would never have taken seriously any offenses against him, but i just don't agree that guru bhaiya made an angry ram ji. u r not the only one who thinks so, i have heard others express the same sentiment and i respect that though i do not agree with it.😃 i have heard people describe arun ji as dull, boring, and sober, and i do not agree with that either !! i guess people have different tastes in actors and some prefer guru bhaiya while others prefer arun ji. there are others too who luv both and would never criticize either, and i fall into that category.😳 all to his own, i guess !!
The serial, from the trailer above, looks like it'll show Krishna's role in the Kurukshetra war as well.  I was surprised that they've already shot Bhima's battle w/ Duryodhan - if they haven't, how do they show Krishna signaling the thighs to Bhima?  Then they show him delivering the Gita.

I didn't like the depiction of the characters - looked to much like KMHK.  Was it just me, or did anyone else think the Bhima here had a beard?  And the mace that Jarasandha/Sishupala had looked too comical 🤣  This reminded me of how Lavanasura was depicted in the AS Ramayan.  Somehow, I'm not liking what looks to be the make-up of the cast - looks like it's a Parthian rendering of the epic.  In other words, the problem is not so much the actors (although the casting seems to be horrible), as much as the depiction assigned to them.  Priya looks too tall to be a Rukmini.

I think the serial would do well to start w/ Krishna killing Kamsa, and go from there.