Why Kabir, Why? - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
[Don't throw brickbats at me] I know Uncle Vish is almost senile now and he shouldn't be taken seriously still it was sad to see Kabir's face when was called unclassy.

It's like you can strive and work hard to make a name and still wouldn't be accepted to the Ivied and Pedigreed society. I think it will take another generation to wipe off that nouveau riche tag and to bring the label "class" to someone who makes it big from humble background.

Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
eh i know Maya...but still it was good to see his face when he heard it. Kabir doesn't have the "class" and that's a fact. He may have become rich and made a name for himself...but he can't come close to ARM in the sophistication and "business" class bit.
Mru_bee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: TheDilettante

[Don't throw brickbats at me] I know Uncle Vish is almost senile now and he shouldn't be taken seriously still it was sad to see Kabir's face when was called unclassy.

It's like you can strive and work hard to make a name and still wouldn't be accepted to the Ivied and Pedigreed society. I think it will take another generation to wipe off that nouveau riche tag and to bring the label "class" to someone who makes it big from humble background.

Kabir made it big on name and wealth on his own talent and of course resorting to few tricks along the way. I am sure, whoever was the first person to made it big in ARM's ancestry also did it on their own and also had to resort to few tricks to attain that.

ARM was born in a family, which was established in name and money. He was given the *class* that came with the pedigree of a few generations.

I am guessing, Kabir's next generations would have the class that ARM has now. They would have the advantage of being Ivied and get an opportunity to get the *class*. It can be seen already in Zulekha.

Now why Kabir is still continuing to use *strong-arm tactics* literally is part of the way he is conditioned all these years. What he can't have, he will get it by hook or crook. And he is not yet realizing what he has lost along the way.

-- Mru

Edited by Mru_bee - 12 years ago
Nymeria thumbnail
I think now ARM will try to reconcile with his son just how Kane tried to with his son. But it was too late in the book because Kane died before Richard and Florentyna reached there.
Lets see what happens here.
Mehek25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@Ramy25

So far they've gone by the novel so here also ARM may die before they reach him..lets see what happens...
Nymeria thumbnail
@Mehek--- yup that's what i'm guessing too.
Well its not about 'class'...having money or degree from prestigious industries doesn't make you 'classy'

But i think what Vishy meant was that he wasn't as upright and righteous like ARM, which stopped fARM ever stooping low like kabir
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Oh man...yesterday was sad! Abel in K&A was not this ruthless in a criminal sort of way...at least from my recollection. Kabir lost his moral compass years ago in this story thereby rendering this a sort of good vs. evil plot. Both Aditya and Kabir have shades of grey but Kabir goes in to the black realm thus making it hard to sympathize with him at all!

Originally posted by: Voldermoth

Well its not about 'class'...having money or degree from prestigious industries doesn't make you 'classy'

But i think what Vishy meant was that he wasn't as upright and righteous like ARM, which stopped fARM ever stooping low like kabir

Well! That's the whole point. Ivied and Pedigreed society often ridicule nouveau riche.

I don't approve of Kabir's ways and of course I side with Aditya Raj at this point in time. Still I do think that the comment was hurtful. Uncle Vish is Aditya Raj's family so anything he says in his senility wouldn't hurt him. That's not the case with Kabir.

Empires are never built on righteousness. Aditya Raj had it easy because his great grandfather toiled hard.
Nymeria thumbnail
Sapna is BACK !

Gosh no matter how much flaws it had and how many boring tracks it had, I will still remember this show for the awesome portrayal of ARM and Kabir from their 20s to 60s and their end. Awesome Awesome portrayal of characters by both actors! it was actually like seeing them grow on screen.