Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

deactivated1 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: droopy_asleep

Word on all this Ana. Aparna and I dissected this a lot yesterday. And yes, Dutta should know better. I really dont have much to add here, but I want to see him evolve now. I just feel he has not grown yet and he needs to.

I do feel that he has grown, but his outburst in the recent episodes was so strong that it felt like he had taken one step forward and two steps back in his development. But as I thought about things further, I realized that the reason for his extreme reaction might not have much to do with the accusations from Naku and Baji regarding Nana, but more about Naku wandering around on her own (or with Baji) and playing Sherlock Holmes while the men who do women trafficking send him a piece of his own's wife's clothes.

The mere thought of what could've happened to her would be enough to cause such a violent reaction from Dutta. That's understandable. He could've been a bit more in control, considering his recent new found self-control during the JMM2 track and DK-confrontation, but I understand the turmoil inside of him. I'm sure that had I seen Mishal enact this scene, I wouldn't have critisized his reaction or labeled it extreme at all - since his performance would bring out a vulnerable gleam in his eyes and little details such as these to make me lose my heart to this man again and again.

But... I don't know. I'd just expected a bit more self-control, considering everything he's been through with Naku.

In relation to Nana, I'm dying to know what Nana did that made Dutta so devoted to him. I mean, why else would his reaction be so aggressive whenever anyone even pointed a finger at Nana?

I have a few words on Naku, too. She's starting to get on my nerves with all her prancing around like a female version of 007. I mean, I get her fear of losing Dutta. But the man is a don. And Naku used to be so strong... There was this one time when his helicopter crashed and she asked in a totally straight face whether they'd found his body. I mean, that Naku was strong and she was right. This Naku, right now, she keeps secrets and wanders off on her own, knowing how important it is to Dutta that the women of his house, especially her, are safe.

I mean... I don't know. She's just bugging me -_- Maybe I'm just jealous. The woman stole my man. Dutta and I were made for each other and she married him first. Little, short thief.
droopy_asleep thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Elysia

I do feel that he has grown, but his outburst in the recent episodes was so strong that it felt like he had taken one step forward and two steps back in his development. But as I thought about things further, I realized that the reason for his extreme reaction might not have much to do with the accusations from Naku and Baji regarding Nana, but more about Naku wandering around on her own (or with Baji) and playing Sherlock Holmes while the men who do women trafficking send him a piece of his own's wife's clothes.

So, if I grant DSP that, he was worried for her,  he could have expressed that better. I mean, for a man who forgave that idiotic goon Ranga after what he did with those villagers, this is Naku we are talking about, his Naku...I will agree that he reasoned this with Baaji saying, sabse zyada gussa bhi usi pe aata hai, thoda pyar bhi jatao (no offense to his other wives btw...πŸ˜†)

But... I don't know. I'd just expected a bit more self-control, considering everything he's been through with Naku.

Exactly Ana! Self control is the word, I expected that, instead of this tirade, almost hitting her and then drowning in Daru πŸ˜•

I have a few words on Naku, too. She's starting to get on my nerves with all her prancing around like a female version of 007. I mean, I get her fear of losing Dutta. But the man is a don. And Naku used to be so strong... There was this one time when his helicopter crashed and she asked in a totally straight face whether they'd found his body. I mean, that Naku was strong and she was right. This Naku, right now, she keeps secrets and wanders off on her own, knowing how important it is to Dutta that the women of his house, especially her, are safe.

Yeah, over zealous, Miss Holmes, i know ur right on this one, but I have always been a Naku fan, slightly over DSPs, so I will say, that although she did it out of DSP's best interest, she needs to grow more and trust DSP to tell him all the facts fisrt, which she is trying to do, wo sune to na???

bandbajao thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Okay at the end of a tiring night (or the break of dawn, I cannot decide)... I finally re-read the episode properly for myself. 😳Dutta's whole conflict tore my heart apart. Reading this, I don't think he is having trust issues with Naku-Baji per se, but he is brooding over the fact that Damodar's truth may now swallow another of his relationships, perhaps with his mentor! I liked how he remembered two vital flashbacks apart from the rest 
1. Nanasaheb telling him how no one can touch him now 
2. Nakusha saying main aapki biwi hai... mere pe vishwaas karo ek baar socho...
I have a gut feeling that once he is done drinking like a fish and after the hangover (the movie releases in india tom btw πŸ˜†), he is going to think. I think if he does that will be an evolution in his character because so far he has only cut himself off from people. I hope he has learnt his lesson on how he almost got killed when he distanced Naku and Baji and trusted Sudarshan and Chaskar instead the last time a truth was presented to him 😳 

The other moment where i really really felt a sting in my heart was Baji saying, "jab usne pehla aadmi thoka tha Dutta ki rooh kaapi thi maine dekha tha..." Oh dear! Baji i love him more than Dutta exactly for this. When will this man realise he has a life of his own. He needs his life now! 

Looking forward to Madhu Dutta interaction. I wonder what will he say to her about going to another house... and another house? it means more skeletons falling off walls?? Ufff I have had enough of horror thoughts for the night πŸ˜† or is it morning already 🀣

See ya tomorrow folks! And, Thank you, for every single comment β˜ΊοΈ
Cheers!
*dewdrop~pearl* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I'd like to start with a quote by Gibran: "Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding."

Knowing how Dutta's mind processes betrayal/shocking revelations or simply things that he does not want to face, I'm not too worried about his current condition. Because this condition is one step in his usual processing procedure. Yes, I realize just how sterile that sounds. I actually think that the man is grieving. He understands the mechanics of relationships all too well by now to remain oblivious to the fact that people he trust might not be worthy of his trust. He's struggling with coming to terms with the bitter reality of this fact - still reeling from the loss and betrayal of Kala.

He understands that no matter how much you care for someone - it doesn't mean that the person will care for you in the same way, the same amount, or even care at all. Being Dutta, a man with a really long list of psychological issues (trust issues, abandonment issues, self-doubt issues, etc.), at some point it becomes too hard to trust, because betrayal might be just around the corner. When he finally does put his faith in someone and they turn out betrayers - it makes it that much more painful.

He put his faith in Seema, Supriya, Kala, Roops, Leela, Nana, and in the end - he was burned. There is a limit to how much a human being can stand in terms of anything that life throws at you. I believe, personally, that Dutta has coped with a lot and still managed to come out of it alive. He's a survivor, from his initiation into the underworld and till now.

In tonight's episode, I feel that we removed another layer of Dutta's mind. His inner conflict was as heartbreaking as ever (although the heart is a muscle and technically can't break - sorry, random). Despite his fury toward his father (for the questions that he deserted Dutta with), I continue to feel some kind of curiosity in Dutta. There's a strong part of him that wishes to search for the answers, but fears the answers that he might find - perhaps because it wouldn't just alter his perception of himself (maybe to the worst), but also alter his relationship to his family members.

I realize that it's in Dutta's nature to become furiously emotional, but I'm starting to wonder when he will learn to handle life in another way? Jagtap Dada told him that life is full of betrayal and that one can't continue, throughout life, to react to those betrayals the way that Dutta does. Getting angry at himself, life, blaming people, hating himself, running away, drinking on top of his jeep, coming home drunk to his worried wife, wake up wasted, and remain depressed until something good happens.

Life is full of problems and betrayal and people who will gut you in your sleep - but then what do you do? 1) Live your life distrusting every single human that crosses your path, paranoid, angry, and enclosed in your shell of fear? 2) Trust people so much that when they turn out liars, you fall short and shut out the world, digging your own grave, lying in it, only to come back up for air when you regain your wits.

Are those really the only options?

I refuse to believe that. Emotional distress often leaves us in a heap of depression. In Dutta's case, it's extreme as he's really emotional - perhaps because when he cares for someone, he gives them everything he has and more yet. When they turn out liars, it destroys him. But perhaps it's time that Dutta, in his development toward maturing and learning to live life as it is (which is painful), learns to deal with his emotional storms in a way that doesn't shut him down, but makes him consider solutions?

I know a lot of people love Dutta as he is - emotional and angry - but he can still be those things, at the same time. Having seen Dutta's reaction to the revelations on Nana and Damodar post-Kala, I was a bit disappointed in him. He had come far, too far to fall back now. His reaction was extreme - understanding that Baji and Naku's lies hurt him - and knowing the blow Kala's revelation had to his system and how controlled he managed to be, I had hoped for a bit more control here as well.

I feel that he has connected with Naku on a level too deep react so aggressively at anything that she says. Taking all things into consideration (Baji-Naku lying to him, going behind his back, the revelations on his father and Nana, etc.), it's understandable that he gets emotional and angry, but again his reaction was way too extreme for me considering the development he's been through during the JMM2 track and through the DK-confrontation.

I had expected better from Dutta.

Moving on to Baji-Roops. I've no idea where their story is headed (but I have a wild guess). There is one thing that bothers me though. I still can't feel the chemistry between them. Sometimes they seem like total strangers to me, two strangers having an awkward conversation.

Dutta coming home drunk and stumbling toward Madhu for a heart-to-heart talk? Wow. I'm really, really, really excited about reading tomorrow's episode now. I've waited way too long for this scene. LOL. I love the connection between them and the way Dutta points it out. There's an understanding there that I love to explore through their dialogues. Looking forward to it. Madhu is a beautiful character that could become so multidimensional and alive with a little more attention. She already grows through her conversations with Dutta.

AS, as usual, starts blaming and distrusting Naku. Pendulum Mama -_- The weather is more stabile than her.

I'm loving where this story is headed. There's so much to explore. Dutta's inner struggle is a joy to witness and things will really tense up as he'll acknowledge Nana's true nature (which he will) and the battle that goes on from there.

I wonder where Kala is... oh wait, that's right. She's in South Africa. She needed the vacation after that break-up with her brother. Maybe when she comes back, she'll be ready to battle him for that satta.

Brilliant episode. Had me annoyed with Dutta, sympathizing Dutta, mentally yelling at Dutta, and comforting Dutta all in one go.

Nothing but LTL and Mishal's (now imaginary) performance can do that to a girl πŸ˜†

EDIT: One last thing. Dutta's dialogues on that jeep were FRIGGING AWESOME. I could literally hear Mishal's voice saying the words in that unique Dutta-angry-slash-bewildered way of his.

Well said, Ana! I agree with almost all your points πŸ˜‰!

See, dint I tell you Ana that telling Dutta the truth is going to be risky. You said all Nakku needed to do was tell him that she saw the snap, but I knew somewhere inside me that Dutta would still not believe her! I knew, if Baaji himself refused to believe Nakku initially saying she was hallucinating, Dutta might be worse. Thats why I was constantly on Nakku's and Baaji's side when they hid the truth from Dutta, as I was almost sure he wouldnt trust them. Dekha, tumse acha main jaanti hoon apne darling ko πŸ˜ƒ! Now just imagine, as you said, if Nakku and Baaji had ACTUALLY told Dutta before going to find the truth, you really think they would have been allowed to? And if they dint, they would never have found the truth that they found now. So Dutta's reaction has proved that Nakku-Baaji were right. So its Dutta's limitations (related to listening, understanding, trusting, distrusting, handling emotions, etc.) that forced Nakku and Baaji to do things without letting him know. So if Nakku and Baaji are wrong, so is Dutta.

But I agree with whatever you have mentioned about Dutta and his internal struggles. More than trusting Baaji-Nakku, its the possibility of another "dhoka" that is provoking him to behave this way. Along with that, possibility of revelation of another chapter of Damodar Patil's life is also scaring him. And then the issue relating to "flesh trade", everything together is really eating him from inside, he is not able to deal with so many things at a time, and as a result sab kuch gussa banke baahar aa raha hain .

And again, regarding the aspect of "Dutta's growth", after JMM2, even I expected Dutta to atleast treat Nakku with more respect and faith. There should have been a certain "growth" and "development" in their relationship and understanding, mainly from Dutta's side (as Nakku already understands him). It would have been nice to see Dutta blindly trusting Nakku, the way he trusts Nana.

In a way, I think its good Dutta is deeply hurt and tensed at the moment, this is the only way he would think about the whole issue and try to put an end to it.

Anyways, Nakku-Baaji have found the truth till here. I hope Dutta is the one who finds the remaining truth, and puts an end to the entire mission! And now if Dutta is "thinking" about the whole issue, its thanks to Nakku's and Baaji's 007 missions πŸ˜‰! I hope the result of all this deep level thinking and brooding turns out to be a positive one. I hope to see Dutta back in action, but this time, in the right direction paved by Nakku-Baaji.

Btw Ana, nice VM πŸ˜ƒ!

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 12 years ago
deactivated1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bandbajao

Okay at the end of a tiring night (or the break of dawn, I cannot decide)... I finally re-read the episode properly for myself. 😳Dutta's whole conflict tore my heart apart. Reading this, I don't think he is having trust issues with Naku-Baji per se, but he is brooding over the fact that Damodar's truth may now swallow another of his relationships, perhaps with his mentor! I liked how he remembered two vital flashbacks apart from the rest 

I have a gut feeling that once he is done drinking like a fish and after the hangover (the movie releases in india tom btw πŸ˜†), he is going to think. I think if he does that will be an evolution in his character because so far he has only cut himself off from people. I hope he has learnt his lesson on how he almost got killed when he distanced Naku and Baji and trusted Sudarshan and Chaskar instead the last time a truth was presented to him 😳 

The other moment where i really really felt a sting in my heart was Baji saying, "jab usne pehla aadmi thoka tha Dutta ki rooh kaapi thi maine dekha tha..." Oh dear! Baji i love him more than Dutta exactly for this. When will this man realise he has a life of his own. He needs his life now! 

Looking forward to Madhu Dutta interaction. I wonder what will he say to her about going to another house... and another house? it means more skeletons falling off walls?? Ufff I have had enough of horror thoughts for the night πŸ˜† or is it morning already 🀣

Cheers!

Baji's dialogue was one of the best - if not the best - in tonight's episode. No doubt. He lives for Dutta. Channels all of Dutta's emotions. They could've been twins (minus the looks).

Regarding Madhu-Dutta, I'm really hoping that Dutta won't let her leave. I don't believe that he would've let her go to London in the first place as he's too protective of the women of his house and her living in London on her own when he was now responsible for her safety would just not work well with him.

Moving on from that, it would be disappointing for me to see him let her go to that house and live there on her own. This is about her safety now, too. Crossing my fingers that he orders her to stay, unyielding in his decision.

LOL. Goodnight, BB. Sell your horses and go to sleep. Dream of me and Dutta's kids having fun at Disneyland. It's a first for Dutta.
bandbajao thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Baji's dialogue was one of the best - if not the best - in tonight's episode. No doubt. He lives for Dutta. Channels all of Dutta's emotions. They could've been twins (minus the looks).

Regarding Madhu-Dutta, I'm really hoping that Dutta won't let her leave. I don't believe that he would've let her go to London in the first place as he's too protective of the women of his house and her living in London on her own when he was now responsible for her safety would just not work well with him.

Moving on from that, it would be disappointing for me to see him let her go to that house and live there on her own. This is about her safety now, too. Crossing my fingers that he orders her to stay, unyielding in his decision.

LOL. Goodnight, BB. Sell your horses and go to sleep. Dream of me and Dutta's kids having fun at Disneyland. It's a first for Dutta.

πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜› Please tell him to leave his guns away in PatilNiwas while at Disneyland πŸ˜† And I have no horses, just some shabby looking donkeys (pun intended) Which mart to I sell them at!? πŸ˜†
Goodnight Ana! πŸ˜›

Cheers!

Very well said, BB.

I hope this incident leads to an evolution in Dutta's character, and his understanding of Nakku, and his relationship with her.

And I really feel sorry for Baaji too, he is the one who is being kicked from both the sides . Ek ka suna, tho doosra naaraz ho jaayega, aur doosre ka suna, tho pehla naaraz ho jaayega .
This is what you call "dharamsankat" πŸ˜†!

But it was a right decision from Nakku-Baaji's side to hide the truth from Dutta till this moment, as it was only after Nakku-Baaji's latest mission that all these truths about Damodar, Rupali, Ramdas, etc. came out. Now even if further truth is not revealed its fine for the time being. The amount of proof required to get Dutta in a "thinking mode" is already out there. Now it would be nice if Dutta himself goes deep into the matter.

And I dont think Dutta will allow Madhu to stay in another house, as the reason why he called her back from London itself was because her life was in danger, and she was unprotected there. So if she is going to insist on staying separately, that defeats the purpose of bringing her back. But this time around, I would love to see Madhu adamant that she wants to go back to her dad's house, and Dutta giving up and respecting Madhu's emotions for her dad, and trying to see her love and respect for "their" dad. Dutta really needs to learn empathy.

πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜› Please tell him to leave his guns away in PatilNiwas while at Disneyland πŸ˜† And I have no horses, just some shabby looking donkeys (pun intended) Which mart to I sell them at!? πŸ˜†
Goodnight Ana! πŸ˜›

If you're referring to a "specific" donkey who screams more, and listens less, I would LOVE to buy it from you, kitne mein diya πŸ˜ƒ?!

deactivated1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: *dewdrop~pearl*

Well said, Ana! I agree with almost all your points πŸ˜‰!

I love it when you say that, Appu. Makes me excited for what is to come from you πŸ˜†

See, dint I tell you Ana that telling Dutta the truth is going to be risky. You said all Nakku needed to do was tell him that she saw the snap, but I knew somewhere inside me that Dutta would still not believe her!

Now, now, darling. Before you get Kala-confident... I strongly believe that Dutta would've believed her eventually had she been honest from the start. She might've followed Nana and, when she got home, told Dutta the truth - he would've gotten angry, etc., but there would've been no lies between them. Neither from her nor from Baji.

Technically, she told AS the truth about going to the mandir, because she did. The fact that she went somewhere else asides from that is a whole other debate. I'm not saying that was wrong either.

Dutta does believe Naku, deep down. It just takes him more time to accept things. Which is why she needs to persistently rub it in.

Dekha, tumse acha main jaanti hoon apne darling ko πŸ˜ƒ!

Pssh. Whatever you need to believe *pats your head pittyfully*

Now just imagine, as you said, if Nakku and Baaji had ACTUALLY told Dutta before going to find the truth, you really think they would have been allowed to?

Maybe not, but then they shouldn't have done it. I stick to my belief. Means must be right to reach the right end. I know you'll use the "what if someone you loved could die" theory here (although that theory can't exactly be applied here as there're other factors involved when creating a hypothetical situation - and I feel that most hypothetical questions aren't useful, especially 'cause they're, well, hypothetical. What if, what if, what if. You know?)

But for the sake of debate, let's assume that someone I loved was in danger.

Now I could choose to do something wrong and save that person. Would I do it? (This is a matter of spiritual beliefs as well, mind you. It's a matter of your perspective on life and death and morality.)

Personally, I believe that two wrongs don't make a right. Thus I wouldn't do wrong to save a person. What I would do is put my faith in God and do everything that I possibly could in the right way, with the right means, to save the person - and leave the rest to God. It's my faith Him that sustains my strength throughout whichever test/trial I'm put through. You do what you can, in the right way, and if that wasn't enough, then you leave it to God.

And if they dint, they would never have found the truth that they found now. So Dutta's reaction has proved that Nakku-Baaji were right.

Perhaps they were right because they lied to him the first time, so he had two blows in his face followed by Nana-Damodar revelation?
So its Dutta's limitations (related to listening, understanding, trusting, distrusting, handling emotions, etc.) that forced Nakku and Baaji to do things without letting him know. So if Nakku and Baaji are wrong, so is Dutta.

This I agree on. All parties are wrong in their own ways πŸ˜†

Edited by Elysia - 12 years ago