Mythological Masti

..::..Happy Birthday Deepika Topiwala..::..

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

to the 46th  of

...who, at the age of 21, rose to fame playing the divine role of Devi Sita in the 1986 Ramayan teleseries.

Deepika acted in other shows, like The Sword of Tipu Sultan and Vikram aur Betaal, as well as a few movies, like Bhagwaan Dada and Khudai, before entering politics as a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 1991. She is married to Hemant Topiwala and they both have two daughters.

So please wish Mrs. Topiwala a very happy birthday filled with joy, health, and prosperity!🥳

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail

-About Deepika-

Deepika Chikhalia Once, she was Sita, adored by millions of Indians who watched India's first mythological television serial, Ramayana. That ran for a year from 1987. Today, the 'original' Sita's life centres around her two daughters, 11 and 6 and husband Hemant Topiwala's Shingar bindi and Tips and Toes cosmetics business in Mumbai. "I take care of R&D and marketing and am in office between 11 and 4 pm." This allows her to be home when the children return from school. As of now, Deepika has no plans for a comeback. "There are lots of offers, some of them weird. It's difficult to leave home after 4 pm right now. But I may ' after four to five years," she says. Perhaps another mythological serial? Yes, perhaps, agrees Deepika, but she says that the newer soaps don't have recall value. "When we did Ramayana, Arun Govil 'looked' 'Ram'; I 'looked' Sita. I did not use make-up in the vanvas episodes. There will be no better Hanuman than Dara Singh in a 100 years." Do people still prostrate before the woman they deified for playing Hinduism's arguably most revered woman? "Not the newer generation, but some elderly women still try to touch my feet." Today, few remember her political role as the BJP MP from Vadodara in the 90s. It is her "divine" role-play that's etched in public memory.

Deepika Chikhalia (Gujarati: ?????? ???????) is an Indian actress who rose to fame playing Sita in Ramanand Sagar's hit television series Ramayan. She met with limited success in films in the late 1980s and early 1990s. She was born on 29 April 1965[citation needed], and stands approximately 4'10" tall[citation needed].

She followed up her television career with a move into politics, riding her fame as a religious icon to an election victory as a Member of Parliament in the Indian Lok Sabha from Baroda constituency in 1991 as a Bharatiya Janata Party candidate.

Deepika grew up in Girnar Apartments, in the affluent Pali Hill area of Bandra, a suburb of Mumbai. She has a younger sister Aarti and younger brother Himanshu Chikhlia She has also done other roles such as Tipu Sultan's mother in The Sword of Tipu Sultan a TV series by Sanjay Khan[citation needed].

She is married to Hemant Topiwala, owner of Shingar Bindi and Tips and Toes cosmetics. They have two daughters.

Deepika Chikhalia12 images Images

deepika-chikhalia, Size:384x288
Views this week: 216

Views this week: 189

Views this week: 205

Views this week: 126

Views this week: 103

Views this week: 99

deepika-chikhalia, Size:684x513
Views this week: 103

Views this week: 121

Views this week: 80

Views this week: 137

Views this week: 95

deepika-chikhalia, Size:752x570
Views this week: 89

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 13 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

All the birthday creations you post will be added here!

By JanakiRaghunath (Me!😆)

From Parina

From Vedo

From Aishu

From Sema

From Deepika

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 12 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Do make sure to sample our great cooking!😉

Pick your favorite drink!

...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Wish u a very Very Happy Birthday Deepika ji
Unforgettable and perfect role U did  Sita Maa in Ramayan
God Bless U

Edited by ...PARiNA... - 13 years ago
...Mina... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
happy birthday to deepika diii!🥳 many many happy returns diii, u were a very cute sita ma!😃
Edited by ILuvGuruDebi - 12 years ago
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail

Happy Birthday to Deepika, our beloved and most dear Sita Maiya! 

Gifts:

Thanks for this beautiful thread Janu! ðŸ¤—
Edited by Vedo - 12 years ago
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEEPIKA JI!
Thank you sooo soo much for entertaining us in the very beautiful character of Sita Maiya. We always imagine her as you. Thank you for all of your hard work and do not forget that we are yet your fans. Here is a little something to celebrate from us.

GIFTS!

Edited by AishuJSKfan - 12 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Hey Guys,

I opened this thread early because my exams start next week and I won't be able to open it on Friday.😳 You can reserve on Friday if you wish, please keep this thread active!

-Janu
Dpka1415 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

well I reallyyy reallly want to thank you ma'am for plating the role of Sitaji as its ONLY because of you that my parents named me Deepika... 😆
I owe my name to you...
I am one of your millions of admirers... loved you since my childhood..i have grown up watching you in Ramayan and really really have great respect for you in my heart...

I really wish to see you on screen again ! Hope you hear my request! 😳
Wish you all the luck ... love and peace in the coming year ...

Many Many Happiiieee Returns of the Day !!

Lets party now !

Edited by Dpka1415 - 12 years ago