Singer KS Chitra's only daughter passes away!

sand14 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

K S Chitra Daughter Nandana Death News 

Popular Indian playback singer K S Chitra's 8-year-old daughter drowned to death on Thursday morning in a Dubai villa, Gulf News has learnt.

Famous playback singer K S Chitra's only daughter Nandana, 8, died in a swimming pool mishap in Dubai on Thursday. It is learnt that Nandana fell into the swimming pool attached to the Emirate Hills villa and died. Though she was rushed to a private hospital her life could not be saved. The body of Nandana will be brought to Chennai on Thursday night at around 9.

Chitra had gone to Dubai along with her family members to take part in a stage show by A R Rahman.

It is after 15 years that Chitra was blessed with a daughter. Nandana was blessed with her name by Sri Satya Sai Baba. 

Chitra is in the city to attend a tribute concert titled A R Rahman Special Hits on Thursday evening. She along with her daughter Nandana was residing at a private villa in Emirates Hills, where the incident took place.

Nandana was a child with special needs, born to the singer after being childless for several years of her marriage.

The child was rushed to Cedar hospital in Jebel Ali at around 9am after she was found lying in the pool, an official at the hospital said.

"Although the doctors tried to revive her, we could not save her," he said. The body was moved from the hospital to Shaikh Rashid hospital around 12.30pm for embalming. Sources close to the family said that they are trying to fly the body back home in India on Thursday night.

"Chitra was taking a bath. When she came out she saw Nandana lying in the pool," the source said, adding that the singer is devastated having lost her only child.

Meanwhile, the concert will go ahead as planned at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium.

"It has shocked us but as of now, the concert will happen because thousands of tickets have already been sold," said Shyam Mohammad of event organiser Media Factory. "We are trying to help Chitra chechi in every way possible. Right now I am trying to arrange everything for her return home. She had come with her daughter and husband to Dubai day before yesterday."

Gulf News was told that the award-winning singer had chosen to stay at her sister's home instead of staying with the rest of the troupe at a hotel arranged by concert organisers. The concert features performances by celebrated Indian musician A R Rahman's musical troupe and three of his sisters.

"We had arranged a hotel room for them but we cancelled it when she said it would be better if she spends time with her sister," said Mohammad.

Source: http://india-spicy.blogspot.com/2011/04/k-s-chitra-daughter-nandana-death-news.html
Check this out to, http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/65837.html

Mannn, this is extremely extremely sad. im just too shocked to say anything.... May God give the family strength to overcome this tough phase!!! RIP Nandana 😭

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

letitgo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
OMG How cruel Fate can be 😭
_Manpreet_ thumbnail
OMG this is the saddest news ever :(.. my heart goes out to Chitra.. :(:(.. and family..
anjkhoney thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I heard this news yesterday from the TV news and I was shocked.. I really dont knw wht to say at this moment :( .. Chithra Chechi :(

Arizes. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I was dumb struck when I  heard the news soon after the incident happened thru my frnd here and rushed to check the gulf news (online) and was shocked. It is really sad and how cruel things have been to her.
After 15 years she had a kid, affected with autism and now she lost her. This is totally sad.
Singer M.G. Sreekumar has said that he s worried more about Chithra on what she would  decide about her carrier or whatever as she always seemed to talk only about her daughter and only about  daughter and whatever she was doing had been only for her.
This is too shocking.
Ranu. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is terribly sad and depressing.
Deepest sympathies for Chithra and her family!

Rest In Peace Nandana 
premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
RIP Nandana.. Deepest sympathies for Chithra and her family😭
migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
OMG - This is indeed a sad news. my Heart goes out to Chitra.  May little nandana's soul rest in peace.
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This was one of the saddest news and that too on a new years day Its hard for any parent to loose their children..so may Nandanas soul rest in peace and God be with Chitra and her family through this difficult time
allizzwell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Just 2 days before Vishu..... and Chitra had to go thru this.... have heard her life existed just around nandana..... can't understand the ways of god.... why it had to happen???Granting her motherhood after a long span of time, knowing  and living motherhood for a special child and then taking it's existence  back...... WHY??? was disturbed badly on hearing this....life can get more cruel than this....

Edited by laxmi_s - 13 years ago