Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
You don't stop amazing me Wafah.....superb......Guddu redifined the boy next door
sur001 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

just one word......superb......even superb is not enough

these lines told the whole story in short
loved ittttttttttt.................
Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Thank You guys for the kind words...
It came about unintentionally...just thinking about how Guddu technically is the boy next door, and has been for a while...

Originally posted by: EcliPSe_2010

I have a question, do you think that boy next door might be playacting, he is living behind a mask where R is concerned, he deliberately wants her to hate him bc he feels insecure like he is not good enough for her???  

This is a possibility. It's almost like sometimes he doesn't really think very high of himself either. I think Gardes mentioned in her other post that there is something about Runjhun that unsettles him. There is definitely something there. I don't think its hatred even though he portrays it as much.

I think in general it's easier to mistreat someone if you don't like them and they don't like you in return. It's harder if they're always nice and I don't know if he intentionally wanted her to hate him before, but in the recent scene where he asks her to get down on her knees. It seems very much like that. Like at first he really didn't think she would do it because it was the most insulting lowly thing he could tell her to do. I felt like there was a hint of surprise there.

He was very cruel to her, but I find the fact that he actually sat down himself to talk to her, was important because he wasn't looking down on her. He always talks on eye level with her.

I don't know if I really answered your question.
Edited by Wafah - 13 years ago
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wafah

It came about unintentionally...just hinking about how Guddu technically is the boy next door, and has been for a while...

This is a possibility. It's almost like sometimes he doesn't really think very high of himself either. I think Gardes mentioned in her other post that there is something about Runjhun that unsettles him. There is definitely something there. I don't think its hatred even though he portrays it as much.

I think in general it's easier to mistreat someone if you don't like them and they don't like you in return. It's harder if they're always nice and I don't know if he intentionally wanted her to hate him before, but in the recent scene where he asks her to get down on her knees. It seems very much like that. Like at first he really didn't think she would do it because it was the most insulting lowly thing he could tell her to do. I felt like there was a hint of surprise there.

He was very cruel to her, but I find the fact that he actually sat down himself to talk to her, was important because he wasn't looking down on her. He always talks on eye level with her.

BINGO!  Thanks for reminding me, Wafah!  You are the best!

The highlighted part was registered but had slipped my mind (how dared I do that?) and it was brilliantly written, directed and acted.  Guddu did not think she would and she did get down.  Once down, he did not lift her up again to loom over her threateningly but got down to her level to tell her off.  THAT is a change!

bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

It came about unintentionally...just thinking about how Guddu technically is the boy next door, and has been for a while...

Wafah,

The moment I finished reading the WU yday morning, I too had this thought if he is either putting up an act OR he genuinely doesn't know that sub-consciously he likes her very much.

And it is very true when he is trying to run the other way, her simplicity (the way she deals with him) makes it difficult for him to deny her and that irks the hell out of him. He is very aware of the image he carries and also aware that he wants that image for himself in the society for him to be successful over evil people. (Survival of the fittest). But to become a NICE person, it scares him and it seems like he is fighting those emotional conflicts.

I too liked the fact that after she was on her knees, he doesn't hover on her but sits down to talk, even though he was (trying to) being a jerk denying her even after asking she did exactly what he asked her too if she wants him to not leave PN. 
(Actually I caught that part from the WU itself. It was as if you had made sure you put that part for us readers who had no clue on what exactly was happening in that scene {referring to him sitting down part}).

This actually was similar to what he did with her in the carrom club. She had come to ask for money and he says, "clean my place and I'll return you money". But he doesn't. Exactly same thing happened here. It was like he threw her one more challenge and totally assumed that this girl who always keeps her head high, will not go down on her knees begging for me, but she does and somewhere it does bother him and the way G sits down to give his piece of nasty-mind is by sitting down himself. Which again shows he doesn't want to ill-treat her. And there was no conscious effort on his part to sit down. It felt like it came to him very naturally, as if it is ingrained in him that he would always respect women.

I am just praying that Monday the CVs don't change the track totally altogether showing us this dream.

Gardes,
  I wish you go back to those old scenes of theirs. They are as beautiful as they are now. There are volumes of emotions between them. It is so nice to see that. We 3 (Wafah, Usha & me) and some others too, discussed at great details some of those old scenes. If you get a chance do take a look. https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1629853
EcliPSe_2010 thumbnail
@wafah, Bee, gardes
I was wondering the same thing-is he putting on an act?  Because to me its not registering the fact that he is so mean to her.  We have seen him repent his mistake for running away from his Ma some twenty years ago, and seen his anger towards the Pandeys when he heard that they had given poison to Amma.  If one takes all this into account what has thus far shown to us about G's other side, I feel he is wearing a mask, a mask of anger, hatred towards R.  I watched the scene where she lectures him about shaadi ka rishta, he is listening to her.  So, there are subtle glimpses that he is wearing a mask before the Pandeys&Runjhun. Perhaps.  I feel he knows he has wronged her, its just that he wants to let her go. Because he doesn't think he is good enough for her.  He is not a lawyer like Vishnu Pandey.  When he says to her live your life with freedom, means I have released you, you can do whatever you want with your life, its your life to live, I will not be an obstacle in your path.  He is releasing her from his mistake.  I watched that scene again when he comes to take his stuff, he goes from one expression to another.  
&Wafah, you have nailed it in your observation of that begging scene, he does bend down to look her straight in her eyes.  He hurts her, breaks her heart, shatters her, completely.   
After watching the precap countless times😆 his demeanor, his clothes, even his acting has changed.  He seems more self assured, more focused (he has always been focused on his aim, like getting money for his Ma's surgery) but now his focus is on his marriage with Runjhun, making her happy.  Just hope this is not an illusion. 
rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: EcliPSe_2010

@wafah, Bee, gardes

I was wondering the same thing-is he putting on an act?  Because to me its not registering the fact that he is so mean to her.  We have seen him repent his mistake for running away from his Ma some twenty years ago, and seen his anger towards the Pandeys when he heard that they had given poison to Amma.  If one takes all this into account what has thus far shown to us about G's other side, I feel he is wearing a mask, a mask of anger, hatred towards R.  I watched the scene where she lectures him about shaadi ka rishta, he is listening to her.  So, there are subtle glimpses that he is wearing a mask before the Pandeys&Runjhun. Perhaps.  I feel he knows he has wronged her, its just that he wants to let her go. Because he doesn't think he is good enough for her.  He is not a lawyer like Vishnu Pandey.  When he says to her live your life with freedom, means I have released you, you can do whatever you want with your life, its your life to live, I will not be an obstacle in your path.  He is releasing her from his mistake.  I watched that scene again when he comes to take his stuff, he goes from one expression to another.  
&Wafah, you have nailed it in your observation of that begging scene, he does bend down to look her straight in her eyes.  He hurts her, breaks her heart, shatters her, completely.   
After watching the precap countless times😆 his demeanor, his clothes, even his acting has changed.  He seems more self assured, more focused (he has always been focused on his aim, like getting money for his Ma's surgery) but now his focus is on his marriage with Runjhun, making her happy.  Just hope this is not an illusion. 

Awesome point. He does seem more focused.
Anova thumbnail
Thanks Wafah for the beautiful poem and thanks to u all for the marvelous discussions. Totally agree with u Wafah,bee,Eclipse.👏Edited by Anova - 13 years ago
Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: bee5

The moment I finished reading the WU yday morning, I too had this thought if he is either putting up an act OR he genuinely doesn't know that sub-consciously he likes her very much.

Hmm....As of recent it does seem like he's putting up a front. I think he's trying really hard to be mean, but I don't think he really knows why. Logically he keeps saying it's because he hates her but I think he's moved on from that fact. He just hasn't dealt with that emotion. I mean whehter you love someone a lot or hate someone a lot...it does in a way consume you, that you don't realize when it stops. So it might be a little bit of both. As in he might be putting up an act but not because he's realized he likes her and is bothered by it. More so he genuinely doesn't know what he feels for Runjhun besides the fact that whatever he is feeling is uncomfortable.

And it is very true when he is trying to run the other way, her simplicity (the way she deals with him) makes it difficult for him to deny her and that irks the hell out of him. He is very aware of the image he carries and also aware that he wants that image for himself in the society for him to be successful over evil people. (Survival of the fittest). But to become a NICE person, it scares him and it seems like he is fighting those emotional conflicts.

I think this is very much so the case for him. He's clung on to the tough guy persona so long that being nice scares him. Besides he's admitted it that if he lowers the wall the consequences might not be so forgiving.

I too liked the fact that after she was on her knees, he doesn't hover on her but sits down to talk, even though he was (trying to) being a jerk denying her even after asking she did exactly what he asked her too if she wants him to not leave PN. 
(Actually I caught that part from the WU itself. It was as if you had made sure you put that part for us readers who had no clue on what exactly was happening in that scene {referring to him sitting down part}).

The way G sits down to give his piece of nasty-mind is by sitting down himself. Which again shows he doesn't want to ill-treat her. And there was no conscious effort on his part to sit down. It felt like it came to him very naturally, as if it is ingrained in him that he would always respect women.

^_^ I'm glad you caught that. To me those small gestures of his redeem him (not completely, because he can be really mean - he does know exactly where to hit the person where it hurts). The respect does seem to come naturally to him, and I've noticed he always maintains eye contact when he's talking to her. A few other examples that shows he's not really into ill-treating - in the bar, when he tells Runjhun that the bar is not the right place for her to be, also when he tells the men not to speak against her. When he sees her waiting in the rain, and is frustrated by her stubborn nature. He's also never been rough with her. He handles her with care. Except for the scene where he almost raised his hand (and again I think that was more to scare her). Like when he was holding her up while she pried her hair from his chain. I know everyone commented on how he was holding his arms around her, but to me it didn't seem like he did it because he wanted to hold her, more so he was trying to be gentle because otherwise it would have been really awkward for Runjhun and her back to be midway in air while trying to pry her hair away, and awkward for him (or both) if he towered over her while she was lying down. He is a bad guy no doubt about it, but he has a sense of respect and gentleness in him.

I am just praying that Monday the CVs don't change the track totally altogether showing us this dream.

I don't think it will be a dream...firstly because who could you imagine having that dream. Amma isn't going to have a dream that Guddu is suddenly saving Runjhun. It would be highly out of character for either Runjhun or Guddu to have that dream. Why would Guddu dream of protecting Runjhun that too while she's eavesdropping? I'd really have to question his subconscious then. Runjhun doesn't really plan on turning Guddu into her White Knight but rather just a good person, her dream would have involved Guddu being nice to Amma not mean to Vishnu. It could be Vishnu having a nightmare that maybe Guddu decides to come back and claim his rights as a husband...then again Runjhun eavesdropping on the conversation seems unlikely unless the next sequence of the nightmare is that Runjhun comes out of the shadows, Guddu and Runjhun claim undying love and run off in the sunset...or smile gleefully at Vishnu. So the possibility of it being a dream are highly unlikely in my opinion. Maybe Guddu might not state his reason for being back. He might just tell off the Mamas and Mamis and then on the same hand continue being mean to Runjhun, just so she doesn't think that he's become a good guy.

I think that as of recent he often gives off this vibe that only he can be mean to Runjhun but he won't tolerate anyone else being mean to her.

Gardes,
  I wish you go back to those old scenes of theirs. They are as beautiful as they are now. There are volumes of emotions between them. It is so nice to see that. We 3 (Wafah, Usha & me) and some others too, discussed at great details some of those old scenes. If you get a chance do take a look. https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1629853

Hahaha, Our lengthy discussions and our knack for pulling each scene bare...

rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It could be Vishnu having a nightmare that maybe Guddu decides to come back and claim his rights as a husband...then again Runjhun eavesdropping on the conversation seems unlikely unless the next sequence of the nightmare is that Runjhun comes out of the shadows, Guddu and Runjhun claim undying love and run off in the sunset...or smile gleefully at Vishnu.

------
@Bold - 🤣

Wafah, I love reading your posts.  Really good points.  Guddu is always discretely respectful to women but he is never shy of being threatening toward them. I always think it's funny that Guddu threatens the mamis that he will beat them up but he always says that he would never hit a woman. Oh well... 😡
Edited by rani2007 - 13 years ago