It's just not the same, I hate you CV's....

momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
I am watching the re-run of BHPH.  I am thoroughly enjoying my daily dose of SaaVan, all the one-liners and light hearted dramedy.  But, it's lost something.  That something hit me today while I was watching the episode after Shravan tells Saachi he loves Tara.

Saachi faints and is with fever.  Shravan comes to her bedside at her maayka and puts a wet cloth on her forehead.  When I watched that the first time, it was such a sweet SaaVan moment and I was delighted.  Not so this time around.  All I kept thinking was, Shravan - you will end up taking care of her the rest of your life.

The ending of BHPH has tainted every scene for me.  As much as I try to forget the pathetic "happy" ending, I can not.  It affects what I am seeing.  I think of Saachi crying for Shravan and recall that she doesn't remember who he is on a day to day basis.  And I think of Shravan, saying he loves Tara and thinking - yes, wait for her for one year, because in one year, you will be waking your wife up with chai and reminding her who the heck her husband is.

I guess, even after the show has been over for a month, I have not gotten over my disappointment of the ending.  I hate you CV's for destroying the jodi SaaVan grew to be during the show with your half hearted attempt of a happy ending.  I hate you for giving me an ending that makes me look at the extremely happy moments of earlier times and immediately think of the pathetic life they will lead.

I hope to be over this soon, but I was wondering if you all are also feeling melancholy while watching.  Sorry if I brought anyone down, I just thought if I got it out, I would get over it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Very well said Anu.

I too feel the same way..A story that started well with an unique concept , meandered in due course and by the end totally lost its way and finished in an utterly disappointing and unremarkable manner..

Compulsions of TRPs may have made the producers and channel to bring about an end to the show..But to finish this wonderful show in  such a manner(the CVs blatantly copied 50 first dates hollywood movie) cant be excused neither tolerated by ardent fans like us..

Imagine Shravan , for the rest of his life making saachi remember herself,on a daily basis..Can any Human for that matter do it in his lifetime?
How could Shravan love Saachi like this..Its insane and incredible, to think that viewers can accept this kind of ending..

In retrospect, its best if we watch BHPH reruns up, till the point of the lohri episode and switch off our minds and hearts for the rest of the remaining episodes..

That way we can still enjoy the Saavan chemistry and the super show called BHPH.
Aanchal15 thumbnail
Very well said, Anu. The  re-runs are just to get a daily dose of SaaVan. But, the thought that keeps haunting me is how the show ended. I still can't get over the fact that Shravan has to remind Saachi who he is, everyday.😭  I still reminisce the days, when Shravan was full of antics and his Shravanism, the constant nok-jhoks between the two etc.  CVs surely made a mess of their characters. 😑 How I wish CVs had given a befitting end, to this awesome serial, so that fans like us, would have at least derived some solace, and could bid adieu, with a little less heart ache...😭
chammak_challo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I very much agree with you Anu. That scene was a sweet moment at first but now it's like...Shravan this is what you'll have to do the rest of your life coz your wife is gonna lose her memory !!
I agree with you that the CV's distorted the characters of Shravan & Saachi too...They totally messed up the show after the confession trackπŸ˜•
It makes me really sad !!!😭
Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: momma1128

I am watching the re-run of BHPH.  I am thoroughly enjoying my daily dose of SaaVan, all the one-liners and light hearted dramedy.  But, it's lost something.  That something hit me today while I was watching the episode after Shravan tells Saachi he loves Tara.

Saachi faints and is with fever.  Shravan comes to her bedside at her maayka and puts a wet cloth on her forehead.  When I watched that the first time, it was such a sweet SaaVan moment and I was delighted.  Not so this time around.  All I kept thinking was, Shravan - you will end up taking care of her the rest of your life.

The ending of BHPH has tainted every scene for me.  As much as I try to forget the pathetic "happy" ending, I can not.  It affects what I am seeing.  I think of Saachi crying for Shravan and recall that she doesn't remember who he is on a day to day basis.  And I think of Shravan, saying he loves Tara and thinking - yes, wait for her for one year, because in one year, you will be waking your wife up with chai and reminding her who the heck her husband is.

I guess, even after the show has been over for a month, I have not gotten over my disappointment of the ending.  I hate you CV's for destroying the jodi SaaVan grew to be during the show with your half hearted attempt of a happy ending.  I hate you for giving me an ending that makes me look at the extremely happy moments of earlier times and immediately think of the pathetic life they will lead.

I hope to be over this soon, but I was wondering if you all are also feeling melancholy while watching.  Sorry if I brought anyone down, I just thought if I got it out, I would get over it.

Anu, as I mentioned to you, that is the reason I am not currently watching re-runs. it maybe a while before I am able to watch and enjoy even the initial episodes. 😭
ktms thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

What u feel is the exact feeling of all BHPH-ians anu

First sanchi use to wake up shravan with coffee and he use to reject that and at the end poor shravan ends up waking his wife with coffee but also should remind her who he is.
BHPH was a unique show and stupid CV's made even the climax unique as even a rhona dhona serial would not have an end like this.The end of the show was like a climax of a national award winning movie.

Oh God CV's what a pain you people gave to the loyal fans of this show for life .It was the only show we loved and you people hurted us with your "HAPPY ENDING".
ash91 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Ditto Anu!!!!

Its such a pain even to think about the pathetic ending the CVs gave to our favourite show...it took me days to come over the disappointment and anger...i had even stopped watching the videos or VMs of SaaVan coz they would remind me of how the story was completely ruined at the end...i would think-whats the use of such beautiful moments when saachi herself doesnt remember them...such a waste of them!!!😭😭  even now its been a while since i watched the re-runs...just cant get over that feeling...

why oh why CVs did you do this to such a wonderful show??? even the typical rona-dhona soaps get a better ending than this...and the show which brought a smile onto our face everyday, even had us in splits at times, receives such a treatment!!! the very meaning of "HAPPY ENDING" redefined by you ppl!!!

Edited by ash91 - 13 years ago
izanami thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree with every single thing you've said, Anu. The show has been tainted significantly for me as well. No matter which episode I watch, I will become depressed when I remember how it all ends :( CVs just destroyed everything.
savan_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
all this calls for just one thing "SEASON 2".....
sunaina02 thumbnail

^^^

I completely agree. There is much scope for developing a story for the second season from the current ending .

I am already laughing imagining sachi with 2 bachche and every morning she wakes up and says"Yes kiske bachche hai?" πŸ˜†

That would be real fun - Shravan bachche and Sachi all in confusion  every morning πŸ˜›

Anu , I sort of do not feel so bad about the ending.  I still enjoy every scene of BHPH despite the ending . May be i do not take serials so seriously as you all do.