OS - GoHam in Switzerland (Final chapter page 6)

ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi Friends.  

I haven't been very active in the last few weeks but even though I don't always watch show I always check in with the Forum.  I noticed in the few days the forum has been agag about a GoHam trip to Switzerland.  I couldn't get the thought of Gopi and Aham wondering the hills and valleys of the Alps out of my mind and as a result is this three part OS. 

Don't forget to write your opinions and thoughts!

Enjoy!

Love, Shelly
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 1

Aham was sitting at the hotel bar in Lucerne, Switzerland, nursing his second scotch on the rocks, as he waited for his friend Rahul to arrive.   Rahul had been his roommate at Oxford while they were both finishing their MBAs.   When Rahul found out that Aham was going to be in Europe he had insisted on meeting him here. They had been best friends throughout university and done everything together and after Oxford Rahul had remained in Britain to look after his family business while Aham had returned to India to look after his.  They had kept in touch but things were no longer the same.  Gone were the carefree days of school, projects, assignments, deadlines, Friday nights at the pub, parties.  Aham remembered those days with a bittersweet smile.  He had thought himself invincible, he had thought he could accomplish anything.  He had his whole life mapped out for himself.  After university he would return to India with Anita and...  well he didn't want to think about that now.  His life was no longer his own he went to work and came home to eat and sleep and then went back to work.  Although under his leadership the business had grown tremendously and that had it's own rewards but he felt a big emptiness in every other aspect of his life.  Happiness, satisfaction, fulfillment and such evaded him.  Gopi's face flashed in front of his eyes.  In some ways Gopi and I are both in the same boat, he thought.  She works day and night to look after the home and family and I after the business.  Neither one of us gets anything out of this marriage.  I thought I would marry Gopi for Mom but even mom doesn't get anything out of this arrangement.  Koki's face flashed in front of his eyes so proud and happy with her Gopi vahu!  Maybe mom does get something out of it.  But what do I get other than life of  loneliness and dissatisfaction.  Again scenes of Gopi quietly walking around the house flashed in his mind and with it knowledge of his eyes secretly following her.  How can he live the rest of his life with her? They had nothing in common..as much as they were in the same boat in reality they were poles apart.

Aham looked out the window at the tall snow covered mountains and reveled in the beauty and power of nature.  He had always loved the Alps, during his time at Oxford they came here to ski as often as they could.  Then he smiled as he remembered Gopi's innocent excitement at every new experience during this trip, from the airport to the plane ride to the turbulence to her nose pressed against the window as she got her first glimpse of the Alps.  He also remembered how she had finally fallen asleep on his shoulder in exhaustion.  He had the sense that she had a very deprived childhood, as much as Rashi was indulged on the other side Gopi was denied.  As he had watched her experience everything little thing that he normally took for granted, he wanted to experience it all from her perspective.  How had he become so jaded?  So cynical that he couldn't enjoy the snow after the heat of Rajkot?  She must have been frozen when we arrived at the hotel but she had wanted touch and play with snow.  He had tried his hardest to maintain his attitude towards her but he couldn't help but take some joy as he had watched her take in every new experience with a naivete of a child.  How did she remain a child who tried to eat snow to the woman who didn't let anyone find out that Kinjal had run away on her wedding day?

It was getting to be late afternoon and he had left her alone all day.  Did she eat anything?  He knew that like his mom she was a strict vegetarian.  He frowned as he thought was she able to communicate
enough with the hotel staff to find something to eat?  He had gotten dressed this morning and left for his meetings and hadn't given her any thought until now.  As he started to get up to go check on her he saw Rahul coming towards him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 2 page 3.
part 3 page 6
Edited by lovtv - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sky-Wind thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Love it can't wait for the rest.

sky
Rafeal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I am a big fan of Shelly the JC.. Dont disappoint me..๐Ÿ˜‰ loved it.. Great start.. Btw Ahem drinks? Scotch on rocks? It mite burn inside if hez not a regular๐Ÿ˜†.. Please continue asap.. I had missd ur os
ANJ4 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What a wonderfull start - I think I will love this gohem from the beginning.
-Yuks- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Oh this is very lovely

I LOVE the way you write. Absolutely adore it.

Im waiting for more

Yuks
neetusidhu thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow loved it.....cant wait for more.......
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Yay!  I love your stories!!!!!!  I can't wait to see how they begin to bond...  Don't make me wait.๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜†
Kavya.S thumbnail
that was very good....waiting for the next update
-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Hi Shelly, you caught on to our excitement about this honeymoon to Switzerland...your story was all about Aham's musings, which is great because we don't get to see any of this on the show, and it starts of with him feeling their differences and being unhappy but slowly coming out of that misery and into Gopi's world of childhood innocence, absolutely the right way to go. When you were about to go into caring Aham you stopped writing, so you know what i'm going to ask, when are you going to post the next part?
hkhb17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
It was a joy to read. Please Update soon.